Intense passion for Music

UraSatVen1029

Err, so I've been thinking about it and came with the conclusion that my love for music is almost... spiritual in a way? Maybe that's not the right word, but it's incredibly intense, that I'd probably lose myself IF ever someday, I lose my sense of hearing or destroy my own vocal chords or break my own fingers, because those three things are the keys to my access to playing/listening/doing music. I don't even think it's a phase anymore because-- I often have those thoughts and fears. And also fears that if I didn't make it a career, I'd probably never feel fulfilled.

Does it even show in my chart? If anything, my chart looks like someone determined for success or someone who has a lot of challenges to overcome, but not really someone who'd be very devoted to music. I'd think of Pisces, Leo, Libra and Taurus, Neptune and Venus for those. But there's not much of that in my chart? I don't know?

https://imgur.com/a/8Qy07

Animatrix

I Think you will succeed in a creative field, because your NN is in Leo. Your spiritual quest will be to be in the spotlight, in the midst of drama and Music.

Your Venus is square Neptune. I love this aspect.

waybread

Oh, gosh. Think about Beethoven's magisterial compositions written after going deaf, Ravel's piano concerto for the left hand (composed in honour of a friend who lost his arm in WW I) or the reknowned deaf percussionist Evelyn Glennie. Or dance for people with physical and mental disabilities
http://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=51111517&itype=CMSID

Anyway, with that 10th house partile sun conjunct Venus, who rules the fine and performing arts, I think you identify with music, so you should have no problem in pursuing music all your life. As you know, professionally music is a highly competitive field. Which is where your Thor's Hammer pointing to Mars and those squares may come in handy. Would you describe yourself as a restless person?

I would urge you to follow your dreams, with Saturn and your Capricorn ascendant giving you a strong reality grounding. If you find you don't make it to the top of your profession you may find a more local/regional demand for your talent or that you enjoy teaching music.

The Saturn opposition can be tough on your self-confidence, but it can also give you the self-discipline to practice and work very hard.

UraSatVen1029

Oh, gosh. Think about Beethoven's magisterial compositions written after going deaf, Ravel's piano concerto for the left hand (composed in honour of a friend who lost his arm in WW I) or the reknowned deaf percussionist Evelyn Glennie. Or dance for people with physical and mental disabilities
http://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=51111517&itype=CMSID

Anyway, with that 10th house partile sun conjunct Venus, who rules the fine and performing arts, I think you identify with music, so you should have no problem in pursuing music all your life. As you know, professionally music is a highly competitive field. Which is where your Thor's Hammer pointing to Mars and those squares may come in handy. Would you describe yourself as a restless person?

I would urge you to follow your dreams, with Saturn and your Capricorn ascendant giving you a strong reality grounding. If you find you don't make it to the top of your profession you may find a more local/regional demand for your talent or that you enjoy teaching music.

The Saturn opposition can be tough on your self-confidence, but it can also give you the self-discipline to practice and work very hard.

Or-- Stevie Wonder who is blind but could friggin play instruments, write big classics and continue to be an inspiration to many singer/songwriters. (same with Ray Charles)

Lawd, I love Beethoven. He's my all time favorite classical composer. Some people said his music was way too sad and angsty, but I didn't mind. I watched a few biographies about Beethoven, it still amazes me how he still composed while being deaf. Can't imagine what it really felt like for him, makes me wanna hug and cry for him haha. I love both Stevie Wonder and Beethoven. I wanted to be a composer at one point, but nah, Stevie Wonder brought me back to RnB.

Restless person? Oh yeah definitely. For the past 18 years of my life it's only been manifesting as a hobby. Having a piano in my bedroom and a microphone in the living room, that was it. But when I actually came in a music studio with loads of instruments, technology and an awesome microphone, I came alive. I wouldn't even know that 6 hours had past while I was in there. I'm also such a perfectionist (ahem, must be that Virgo energy). Besides that, I actually am a restless person generally. So it's important for me to have productive hobbies just so that I can actually relax.

The only sad thing here is I can't settle for less. Sad, because I might be setting up myself for future disappointment and failure haha. Can't help it though. Despite that, I'm still willing to keep my mind open.

Btw, does that Mars square Pluto and Mars opposition Jupiter contribute to this drive? Mars-Pluto has a wide orb, and some people have rather bad descriptions of it.

UraSatVen1029

I Think you will succeed in a creative field, because your NN is in Leo. Your spiritual quest will be to be in the spotlight, in the midst of drama and Music.

Your Venus is square Neptune. I love this aspect.

I love your description of NN Leo. :).

Explain why you love that aspect? Or you probably just love Venus-Neptune aspects generally? Cause, the square for Venus-Neptune is often a struggle and most people would prefer the easier aspects.

waybread

If you've found your vocation in a music studio, good for you!

Good examples with Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles.

Mars square Pluto can give you a lot of energy and ambition, which is helpful, provided you're not willing to step on people to rise to the top. Pluto has a ruthless quality to it, and Mars signifies your natural assertiveness, which is fine if it gives you an internal drive to improve: but not so great applied to other people.

Harvey Weinstein has this aspect, for example.

UraSatVen1029

Sun conjunct Venus square Neptune give you the spiritual love of music.

Sun conjunct Venus in the deep emotional sign of Scorpio give the intense emotion regarding your love of music.

Most likely the fear stems from Saturn opposing your Sun Venus conjunction.

ETA: also possibly you feel that if you were to make it a career, you will lose the spiritual component that you enjoy so much. Of course you can always keep it as a hobby and perform music how you want to without having to sell out. Possibly this gives success in the long run anyway?

5th house cusp falls in Taurus ruled by Venus in the 10th house.

quote from http://astrofix.net/2010/04/30/ruler-of-the-5th-house-in-houses/

I've seen a lot of Sun-Venus playing out as something else rather than Music. But those people with sun-venus DO appreciate music, but it wasn't really as intense as mine though.

Even someone with Leo in it. He isn't really serious about performing but he does have the potential to be great in it. However, he chose a different path and he loves it. Eh. Must be something else in his chart.

I guess intense would make sense for me since I'm a Scorpio. I thought it was cool when I first saw my chart and discovered that my sun and venus were conjunct. Then I got worried that my Venus was combust. Then someone clarified that it's rather a cazimi. At least, I could look at my venus now in a better light even if my Venus is still considered in detriment or fall.

Animatrix

I love your description of NN Leo. :).

Explain why you love that aspect? Or you probably just love Venus-Neptune aspects generally? Cause, the square for Venus-Neptune is often a struggle and most people would prefer the easier aspects.

Venus square Neptune is the most difficult aspect between the two planets, but the creativity which it gives is more profound than the easier aspects. This I have read by many astrologers.

Venus square Neptune often results in highly romantic but sad love stories. It is a good aspect for creativity anyway.

And since your NN is in Leo, you are actually destined to become something related to the sign, and creativity, being on stage, and drama is associated with Leo, and since Life demands this of you it will doubtless give you opportunities so that you can realize this potential given to you.

UraSatVen1029

Venus square Neptune is the most difficult aspect between the two planets, but the creativity which it gives is more profound than the easier aspects. This I have read by many astrologers.

Venus square Neptune often results in highly romantic but sad love stories. It is a good aspect for creativity anyway.

And since your NN is in Leo, you are actually destined to become something related to the sign, and creativity, being on stage, and drama is associated with Leo, and since Life demands this of you it will doubtless give you opportunities so that you can realize this potential given to you.

Oh my gosh, is that why I love reading really really sad love stories? Heck, I write LOTS of sad love songs and stories. Haha! I have a thing for profound and spiritual-slash-romantic love in fiction. It's the best.

My chart ruler, Saturn, is trine my NN in Leo. So, I trust myself to see these opportunities and develop it to the best I can! :)

Animatrix

Oh my gosh, is that why I love reading really really sad love stories? Heck, I write LOTS of sad love songs and stories. Haha! I have a thing for profound and spiritual-slash-romantic love in fiction. It's the best.

My chart ruler, Saturn, is trine my NN in Leo. So, I trust myself to see these opportunities and develop it to the best I can! :)

Definitely!

Well just use logic my friend. The universe demands that you explore the Leo NN with all that is to it, would it be fair if it then did not give you the opportunities to fulfill this? Universe is fair man!

UraSatVen1029

NN in Leo.

I just remembered that Lion King was actually my most favorite disney movie as a little kid. Mom said I was obsessed, that they recorded the movie on other VHS tapes so that I wouldn't destroy the original copy and abuse the VHS whenever I wanted to. They said I watched all three Lion King movies day and night. I memorized all the songs and even said that I wanted a lion as a pet! Gosh.

It's kinda funny thinking about it now. I was already drawn to lions as a little girl. Hahaha!