Does your Earth "dull" you and your life?

soratothamax

Every person with Earth is tagged with the "dull" quality. It can be a normal website on cafeastrology or astrology-numerology, and they all get the word dull or boring or "not very adventurous".

To add, people outside of the sign call them boring. On polls, and surveys, Earth signs have an extreme reputation for making people yawn, or not being a sign people look up to, desire to be, neither would they ever want to be described like an Earth sign more than any other because they are not exciting or ideal. I think that's why there's such a huge "denial syndrome".

And aside from all that, in day to day life, every person with Earth traits in the chart say they have been called "boring" at one time. I have Sun in Taurus and Mercury in Taurus both in the 6th house, a rather "Earthy" house, a Saturn in Capricorn in 3rd house, Uranus and Neptune are there too in Capricorn, and even though I feel I'm a lot of fun (I have Venus in Aries in the 5th), my mom says I'm boring. She says that I act too old for a person in her 20s and I'm not nearly as fun as she was at my age (She's Sun in Gemini with no Earth in any of her planets).

I have a friend who is Venus in Capricorn and he told me his friends think he's boring. My other friend has Capricorn 5th house cusp and said he doesn't have any luck on girls calling him back, and one of the girls (Sun in Aries, Mercury in Pisces) said it was because he was too boring. My friend has Sun in Taurus, Venus, and Mars and people says she's no fun at parties because all she does is sit around. Her dad says she doesn't have a life and all of this is placed in the 10th house, her only Earth placements. To add, she has Saturn in the 11th...

Even though Earth is good long term because they take care of their mates, and they are stable, loyal, and dependable, I wouldn't say they 'spice up' people's lives or are the "life of the party". Stability doesn't seem enough to make them appealing. They are too 'dorky".

So what do you guys think? Do you find that Earth dulls your life?

Anachiel

I find that what others call 'dull' or 'boring' really means they are moving too fast to smell the flowers and, who really these days, really appreciates the Earth and all her beauty and bounty?

I think it is more a statement of the times and the computer age that people find earth elements dull and boring. I think in the disposable age of transient fancy and the need for immediate gratification to find the "next big thing" the earth and all it's treasures gets overlooked.

Of course, without earth, where would all the other elements have to go? And, if they got there, what would thay have to do?

Earthy types are not really interested in entertaining others but they have a wicked sense of humour and are often appreciated, once people stop to listen, for their wry insights.

tautomer

I don't think I have ever been called boring before. If I have, I don't remember. I'm a Taurus, but it's very minor player in my chart.

Earth signs can get the "boring" label because earth placement often mute or moderate external expression. Earth moons for example often are inclined to keep their feelings to themselves and if they are expressed they are done so in a very logical "solid" way, which leads to very little being able to be read into what is going on with them. It's the ability to extract information and see within another person that makes them interesting. Earth signs aren't often that big on that.

As for if earth dulls me? Hardly. It can make me a stick in the mud at times because I am *very* adverse to taking risks unless they are pre-calculated in my head several times over, and deemed to have inconsequential consequences. As I said previously though, Even though my sun is in Taurus, and I have saturn, uranus, and neptune in capricorn, I don't feel that mutes me and makes me dull. If anything it adds to be being a bit off kilter.

Judy_AzVirgo

Anachiel, what lovely thoughts. :)

This thread title reminded me of two astrology students I knew years ago. One had a late Capricorn Ascendant. She decided it didn't "feel right", and she must really have Aquarius rising. The second student had a chart with 2 Taurus rising; she changed it to 29 Aries because the hospital might not have recorded just the right time. This is a true story!

I knew the real reason why they tweaked their charts. I shook my head then, and I'm still shaking it.

PS: Virgo here.

soratothamax

This thread title reminded me of two astrology students I knew years ago. One had a late Capricorn Ascendant. She decided it didn't "feel right", and she must really have Aquarius rising. The second student had a chart with 2 Taurus rising; she changed it to 29 Aries because the hospital might not have recorded just the right time. This is a true story!

I knew the real reason why they tweaked their charts. I shook my head then, and I'm still shaking it.

LOL This story is funny, and I believe it. People who are born near the next sign over often claim they are born on the "cusp" even though we know there isn't such thing. Anything to claim a more "daring" or "exciting" Sign in their personality!

There was a denial thread on here, quite a while ago, about the "Virgo Denial Syndrome" if I remember correctly, and at the bottom they had Taurus denial Syndrome, Capricorn Denial Syndrome, and Scorpio Envy Syndrome.

I do agree, that in our society people don't appreciate Earth traits. It's hard for Earth to fit in in such a society as was mentioned earlier.

I think that because of Earth's "cautious" nature, it frustrates more daring signs. And even though Earth signs give the foundation for everything, people take it for granted. Most people don't want to be the person to take care of the "Earthy" work, they'd rather go a long for the ride.

One person on the board at one time said that Taurus can't take a joke. I was like ouch. But ya know that was in their experience of them.
I've also heard many people say that they're cautious to dance at a club, to take thousands of drinking shots without "spurting out" the consequences, and not joining friends in skydiving trips...which can come off a little...stiff.

I admit, I'm stuck in my routine of going to work, eating, and coming home and surfing the internet, and I hate when that routine is broken.

Some Earth signs can be very interested in entertaining others, but people don't "see" them that way.

Last edited:

Gemini Rising

I don't have Earth in my chart but for a detrimented Capricorn moon.... So no one has ever considered me dull except for a friend who is hyperactive!
I wish though I was more of an earth type. I don't know what the word practicality means.

Lazy Cat

Hey, I have no Earth at all, and I find myself and my life pretty dull.

That notion of Earth=dull is just silly! :pouty:

Inconjunct

Pfft - Earth only has a bad rep in the current day when qualities such as endurance, perseverance, concentration, discipline, a sense of responsibility and duty are considered so very unfashionable.

I wish I was MORE earthy. As it is, only got my Sun in an earth sign, which I deliberately cultivate as I like being reliable, practical and resourceful :happy:

Inconjunct

Hahaha - those students display a variation of Virgo Denial Syndrome

Zuri

I'll be in the minority. I do think that "Earth" has dulled me and my life. I have been called "too serious" and "boring". I'm a Scorpio Sun / Capricorn Ascendant / Leo Moon. If I could trade in my Ascendant sign, I'd do so. Capricorn makes me much too serious and too **** moody. My Saturn retrograde in the 5th House (House of Pleasure) is -- you guessed it -- in an Earth sign (Taurus). Even my Leo Moon gets dimmed a lot because it's negatively aspected with -- you guessed it -- Saturn in Taurus in the 5th house.

Judy_AzVirgo

Pfft - Earth only has a bad rep in the current day when qualities such as endurance, perseverance, concentration, discipline, a sense of responsibility and duty are considered so very unfashionable.

I agree. It's almost as if the world somehow lost or misplaced its earthy virtues, and then events spiraled out of control. Maybe instead of electing Republicans or Democrats, voters in this country should be voting for Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn! I can envision some really cool campaigns to bring some of those traits you mention back to the political process. ;)

Judy_AzVirgo

Hahaha - those students display a variation of Virgo Denial Syndrome

Ha! I just checked out your Virgo Denial Syndrome. Brilliant!

I still can't figure out why Virgo specifically gets such a lot of flak from people. Must be the astro cookbooks.

Though I have to say there are other signs that are described in pejorative ways, like Gemini "airheads" and Cancer "clinging vines", etc. .... Somebody could write a thesis-length paper about the misconceptions swirling around Scorpio.

vlsmercury7

Every sign has it's stereotype and the Earth group is no exception. Apart from that I don't believe it's true. With all the flitters and flutters of the Air signs, bubble blowing Water signs and fire breathing Fire signs, there's a reason why Earth is one of the four Elements. It helps to bring order out of chaos. It's true that Earth signs often get overlooked, but I have a soft spot for them. Although I'm an Aries, I have a few shovels of Earth in my chart, and it has made me a more cautious, down-to-earth, peaceful and practical Arian. More Aries the Worrier than Aries the Warrior :biggrin: I've been told I'm boring, too old for my years, that sort of thing. Even as a child, I was always the responsible one, looking after my siblings and taking care of household chores. When I was really little, I was never happier than when I was in the garden making mud pies. The Earth in my chart is my Virgo Ascendant and Venus in Taurus. I wouldn't trade my Virgo rising for all the tea in China. I think it has made me a better person.

Earth signs are not boring. My sister is a Capricorn Sun, Taurus rising and Virgo Moon. Sounds boring, until you coax her dry wit out of her, and she'll have you splitting your sides laughing, while she sits there with a completely blank poker face, which makes it all the funnier! :cool:

My brother is a Virgo Sun and Ascendant, Taurus Moon and he's far from boring. He does parachute jumps, bungee jumps, free falls out of aircraft and his favoured mode of transport is his motorcycle. He's an example of a Virgo who doesn't want to keep his feet on the ground!

soratothamax

Ha! I just checked out your Virgo Denial Syndrome. Brilliant!

I still can't figure out why Virgo specifically gets such a lot of flak from people. Must be the astro cookbooks.

Though I have to say there are other signs that are described in pejorative ways, like Gemini "airheads" and Cancer "clinging vines", etc. .... Somebody could write a thesis-length paper about the misconceptions swirling around Scorpio.

Not to mention Cancer gets "whipping a dead horse", "Momma's Boy", and "Wet Blanket". had a friend with a Moon in Cancer. They received all of the like growing up in school.

But Earth signs just don't have those "kind" and "caring" traits that water signs do, neither do they have "bold" and "courageous" qualities that fire signs have, neither do they have the "friendly" and "light" quality that air has.

But they do have stability, endurance, and strength that helps them keep themselves together. Even if that's not a flamboyantly evident quality, we can expect Earth to live a long and healthy life.

Last edited:

Judy_AzVirgo

But Earth signs just don't have those "kind" and "caring" traits that water signs do, neither do they have "bold" and "courageous" qualities that fire signs have, neither do they have the "friendly" and "light" quality that air has.

Sorry, but IMO these traits are too broad to be applied only to certain signs or elements and not to others.

The longer I do astrology, the more I struggle with adjectives. It's a conundrum.

Saturnian

I'll be in the minority. I do think that "Earth" has dulled me and my life. I have been called "too serious" and "boring". I'm a Scorpio Sun / Capricorn Ascendant / Leo Moon. If I could trade in my Ascendant sign, I'd do so. Capricorn makes me much too serious and too **** moody. My Saturn retrograde in the 5th House (House of Pleasure) is -- you guessed it -- in an Earth sign (Taurus). Even my Leo Moon gets dimmed a lot because it's negatively aspected with -- you guessed it -- Saturn in Taurus in the 5th house.
Hm..or it could be the Scorpio sun to...:biggrin:
Scorpio's are just as serious and as cautious AND suspicious as Capricorn.

Plus,if you wanna go all out on stereotypes,Cap risings get better with age and open up.They grow backwards and look young.
But feel free to throw away your "dull" ascendant and keep your stereotypical passionate sign.
---------------------------------------------------
I'm one of the heavily influenced Capricorn people(Capricorn stellium),with Capricorn asc,Scorpio moon and Saturn as my dominant planet.Generally my chart is only made up of Capricorn mostly and then Scorpio.So I believe that'd make me a rather dull,and difficult person to get on with.Ya,I'm not gonna deny it actually.But I've met far more dull people than me.Surprisingly they weren't an earth sign...
I am not crazy fun,as in risky but I do make jokes tease and can make people laugh(I'm rather sarcastic).I've found people with earth and water placements in them to be much more interesting and can usually keep a long term friendship.
I do like Capricorn moons.I feel like I can get them and they have an understanding about things far beyond people their age.People who claim they're cold and distant can't probably get passed the exterior and get to know them.They happen to be sympathetic most of the time and very grounded.
As for Virgo moons,yes they are a bit on the judgemental side and very worrysome and self-conscious,but they are people who you can have a decent in-depth conversation with.
Taurus moons on the other hand,are rather stable and I get the feeling they are very comfortable in their skin.I don't know many but I know a person who I really like and has a Gemini sun.Doesn't make them any less fun I'd say.
As for the suns and ascendants in earth signs,it's not all that tragic seriously.I think an earth sign goes well in an air sign's chart.All the people I'm close to have either sun,moon or ascendant in an earth sign and they aren't particularly considered boring.Sure they may not be like the trendiest people and in the centre of every event but that doesn't make them any less interesting.
At first I too didn't like all that heavy Capricorn in my chart and wished I would have been born an Aquarius but I did realize that most of those things can be rather stereotypical and I haven't noticed those characteristics make much sense about the people I've met.
My house is made up of Earth signs.Mom's a Virgo,big sis a Cap like me and other sis a Taurus.So maybe I've gotten used to it since I've lived all those years with them,XD.
Personally I'm not the responsible one,I'm considered lazy.Nor do I enjoy doing house work or studying.I don't read many books and when I do they usually are fantasy books or romance books.I like video games and drawing.I'm not particularly gifted when it comes to writitng not that I can bear it anyway. But I enjoy chatting a lot,both online and face to face.I chat a lot.I can hold a decent conversation.Also people seem to praise my ability to listen to others' problems.I don't wear my heart on the sleeve but you can tell if I like you or not.It's something I'll be honest about not always with words but you will get it.
No doubt I totally project my Asc.People get the impression that I'm very studious and a good student,nor am I particularly talkative until I open up.

serafin5

Really like your post Saturnian! As far as Im concerned, with my pis sun, Taurus moon, and scorp asc and my planets starting with merc in aqua next aries next aqua next aries, etc., if I didnt have my moon in Taurus I wouldnt be in as good of shape in in Ill tell you. My moon has really grounded me but also Ive found that capricorns and taurus have the best sense of humor of the zodiac. If you ponder what that entails it starts with a very observant mind about human nature, someone painfully aware of our vulnerabilities. I would take that any day over someone who is supposed to be a more riskier so-called more dynamic personality; dont you agree? I believe that while scorpio is a basically stable fellow he is also ruled by his passions too; I should know with my Asc., but good point too about the famous Capricorn age reversal. Its my understanding that the older they get the more Saturn loosens the shackles on their heart and minds.......

Good thread!
Serafin5

vlsmercury7

Oh I'm not so sure. My closest friends have always been Taureans and I have a very close relationship with my Capricorn sister and Virgo brother. Get to know them well, and you couldn't meet kinder, more caring and compassionate people. Yes, they're shy and reserved when first meeting, but they have a wonderful sense of humour. Okay, so they aren't too over-emotional and have to work on using their imagination, but underneath that steady calmness, nerves can get twitchy, particularly with Virgo. With Earth, you go to them with a problem, and they come up with solutions that work, because they tried and tested them, and they are brilliant cooks too, so stay for dinner (they'll think you're rude if you don't!).

Taurus is probably the most "earthy" of the group. It's true that they don't generally think in abstract terms, but if you're looking for a sympathetic ear and a hug, look no further. And you'll probably be offered a bite to eat, too.

Virgo is more intellectual, and so will offer help in the form of support through communication - talking, writing and internet. They help by making small, practical gestures or offering to help you (don't let them loose in your sock drawer or kitchen cupboards though!).

Capricorn may seem cold on the surface, but deep down, this sign is kind and caring once you earn their trust (which may take some time). If a Capricorn is your friend, you have a friend for life. They can help you see the things you missed and get to the roots of something. Watch for the off-beat sense of humour that appears suddenly from nowhere.

serafin5

I hate it when people make blanket statements [deleted attacking mention - Moderator] ...logically nobody especially an astrologer can say that all tauruses do this or all scorpios do that. Its impossible people being who they are and human nature being what it is. Also, people grow and change during the course of their lives hopefully. I myself am nothing like I was 20 years ago and Im certainly not considered a "typical" Piscean thats for sure thank God!

Serafin5

Last edited by a moderator: