Random Thoughts, strictly Text

petosiris

Banned
Direct involvement of our own, personal magnetic fields with the Matrix itself. Astrology is like a gauge, regarding that involvement.

Sounds like 3, which is cause and effect of the matrix with the planets and humans respectively and separately. Quite a dubious claim in my opinion, because the same cause that affects the Sun, affects each human individual, whereas it doesn't seem they are of the same magnitude and similar.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Observations based on an intuitively created system of measurement. Traditionalistic astrology is just as theoretical as Modernistic.

I can't observe the matrix, but you can observe the change of weather through the four seasons in the temperate and polar zones. ''6. A causes C which causes B (indirect causation)'' doesn't need proof in many situations here and is common sense.

petosiris

Banned
''Those which are consequent upon greater forces and simpler natural orders, such as the annual variations of the seasons and the winds, are comprehended by very ignorant men, nay even by some dumb animals; for the sun is in general responsible for these phenomena. Things that are not of so general a nature, however, are comprehended by those who have by necessity become used to making observations, as, for instance, sailors know the special signs of storms and winds that arise periodically by reason of the aspects of the moon and fixed stars to the sun...'' - http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/1A*.html#2

david starling

I can't observe the matrix, but you can observe the change of weather through the four seasons in the temperate and polar zones. ''6. A causes C which causes B (indirect causation)'' doesn't need proof in many situations here and is common sense.

"Who has seen the wind....?"

[From the poem by Christina Rossetti.]

david starling

Where I live, I feel the ''laundry'' stuff very strongly here. Too bad you don't feel that way about astrology, which is the most intimate way to live with nature.

My relationship with Nature is direct. It's ALL Wilderness, and we are creatures of the wild. Separation from Nature is a figment of the imagination.

petosiris

Banned

I suppose that matters which are not immediately obvious, such as the position of the Sun with rank in society might not be as simply observable as say, the relationship of weather with certain aspects of life (like what the person wears when going outside), but at least this lends credibility and plausibility to all matters by carrying some perceivable causes, since they would be interrelated via a matrix-type system as you propose, just not an invisible one like synchronicity. This kind of idealism is more credible imo.

petosiris

Banned
Disregarding what can't be seen with the physical, naked eye as Influences of great astrological importance.

I acknowledge the observable and known outer planets as astrological factors, just not for the Earth due to their size and distance from here.

To put things into perspective, Pluto is about half the size of Mercury, but is about 63 times more distant on average. Neptune is about third the size of Jupiter, but is about 7 times more distant on average. The light that reaches us is mostly the result of that.

david starling

Actually, there is one greatly important astrological indicator, one that can't be seen directly, in the physical sense, that is accorded great significance by Traditionalists: The Ascendant in particular, but the other Angles also, which must be calculated rather than seen in the form of "lights".