Aquarius/Pisces border case

Hello to everyone,

Not having much experience in astrology, I decided to post to post my chart prepared by the Urania program (demo version). As the title says, whenever my friends/coworkers/family inquired 'bout my sign I call myself a fencesitter since I fall either under the Fish or under the Water Bearer "brand", depending on the horoscope. Apart from identifying me as a "just barely" Pisces fellow, are the any interesting phenomena in my chart? Muchly obliged if some of you could come up with some interpretation.

Hope it's readable and thanks in advance!

Attachments

• StanMK_horo.jpg
    StanMK_horo.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 30

Osamenor

Staff member
As the title says, whenever my friends/coworkers/family inquired 'bout my sign I call myself a fencesitter since I fall either under the Fish or under the Water Bearer "brand", depending on the horoscope.

Any full birth chart you cast with the correct birth time and place should give you the correct sun sign. If you just go by date of birth, that will vary, since the sun changed signs on the day you were born. Assuming you know your correct birth time, you should come out a Pisces no matter which program you use. If you're not sure, just estimating, then you could get different results.

Rahu, Osamenor,

Many thanks for your input! I'll write more soon, gotta post a better quality chart form the Astro site too as the advice says. Recently been in a haze of sorts and i don't seem to hold the reins well so to speak, when it comes to computer stuff :)

S.

waybread

Your sun and other planets will be in one sign or the other, even if they're at 0 degrees or 29 degrees of a sign. You don't really fence-sit. Your sun, moon, and Mercury appear to be conjunct at 1 degree of Pisces, plus varying numbers of minutes. The interesting thing here isn't fence-sitting, but this tight conjunction. You appear to have one planet in Aquarius, which is Jupiter in early Pisces.

Your sun and other planets will be in one sign or the other, even if they're at 0 degrees or 29 degrees of a sign. You don't really fence-sit. Your sun, moon, and Mercury appear to be conjunct at 1 degree of Pisces, plus varying numbers of minutes. The interesting thing here isn't fence-sitting, but this tight conjunction. You appear to have one planet in Aquarius, which is Jupiter in early Pisces.

Thanks for yor input, Waybread. Yeah, now I see that the daily star is in Pisces. Heard somewhere about the "on the cusp" positions, i.e. situatuions when a person Has been born shortly before the Sun entered the next sign, or just after. From what You and other posters wrote I infer that how "deeply" one sits in his/her sign mean little by itself.

It seems Rahu's post was lost, which is a pity, but I do remember many of his intriguing remarks. The Venus/Mars conjuction with Lilith nearby looks really weird indeed - I certainly do not fall in love easily, at least not in what in modern times passes as "love" and is in most cases really an sensual infatuation. Nothing wrong with sensuality of course - but then again nothing ultra-hyper-extraordinary. Not that I never dreamed of love, I did, but for some reason intrasex friendships and "male brotherhood" mean more to me vis-a-vis heterosexual romantic love. Even in a relationship with a woman, I would like to downplay "eros" a bit while developing the "philia" aspect (these, along with storge (sp?) and agape are Ancient Greek terms pertaining to love).

Does the fact that Mars landed in Aries, one of male signs, has any significance? I would think it probably has...:smile:

Speaking of Mars, one program/site indicated a square relationship with Neptune and said something about the predisposition for infections -and hit the bull's eye, as I can attest!:annoyed: The square relationship in not perfect though.

Another square I see is a Sun-Saturn square - does it predict doubting, vacillating attitudes? If so, I'd somewhat agree.

How about Mercury? Isn't the planet "combusted" in that narrow stellium in Pisces?

Some astrologers also use the Point/Star of Fortune (?) as a object to include in their explanations. AFAIK got that very close to ascendant, can that be a good omen.

Lots of things untouched: houses, human relations beyond the love aspect, transit... Lot of stuff to learn. If you were to comment further, I'd be brimming with joy :smile:. Now gotta go:sleeping:....

Regards, S.

I add two charts of better quality than my initial one. One of these was added by rahu and disappeared with his/her post.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_m_b.70870.14913.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_m_b.70870.14913.gif
    48.1 KB · Views: 26
  • astro_2gw_2097_aquar_64949_21242.jpg
    astro_2gw_2097_aquar_64949_21242.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 15

waybread

Mars is "domiciled" (in the sign it rules) in Aries. This gives it extra strength. You may be very oriented towards having a permanent relationship. But also, you can become very combative if you consider someone to be your enemy.

Saturn square sun can give you self-esteem problems, because the sun is your sense of self or identity, and Saturn is the Cosmic Critic. But if you work with Saturn, this placement can give you a lot of self-discipline.

Modern astrologers do not think a planet is weakened by being combust. I think a planet conjunct your sun (identity) indicates what you identify with.

Kannon

Stanislaus,

A planet or luminary's position is measured from its center, and with the luminaries having approximately half a degree of radius from geocentric perspective there is a true cusp zone of about 1/4 degree at the very end and very beginning of each set of adjacent signs. However, your Sun and Moon at 1°> Pisces is well clear of this true cusp area. They're 'cuspy', but not a true cusp positions.

Ok, I'm back. Thank You Kannon for shedding some ligth on the concept of the cusp.

In my earlier posts, I neglected my personal background and some vital characterictics: born an only child, academically gifted since childhood, supposedly too mature for my age as a kid/teenager, often preferring company of adults to peers, Since teenage years more blocked and anxious around people in general than earlier. Lots of hobbies that change quickly. Helpful but often don't suffer fools gladly. In the eyes of others: loyal, reliable, tolerant and accepting, somewhat stiff, oversensitive, overambitious, prone to "analysis-paralysis", with wry/oddball sense of humor. Health problems since mid-twenties - immune system and neurology, troubles with concentration and motivation:sad:.

As a freshly confimed Pisces I'd like to know whether I get the role the sign-ruling planet plays; in my case Neptune (heard it was Jupiter in olden times - does it retain relevance?). Now, my Neptune sits in Capricorn, and if this site deserves any trust, then many (not all)pieces of the puzzle fall in place, although my intellectual interests and predispositions always fell more to the social/historical disciplines, the "matter" aspect is still very prominent - sociology of technological progress, ergonomics, climate change in its human dimension etc. have long interested me. Spiritually... truth be told, I was never really sure that I get the meaning of the word itself, I guess I have a spiritual side though underdeveloped. Clergy, prophets, gurus etc. usually make me fell somewhat uneasy. My IC is also in Cap, close to Neptune...?

I'd also like to ask you about planetary dignity - the way I see it, both Mercury and Venus are detrimented (fallen?), while Mars and Pluto are domiciled and therefore more prominent. Speaking about Venus, things look kinda dark IMHO - don't know if you agree. Libra, my asc sign is ruled by Venus but with the planet in Aries and not far from descendant - does it spell trouble?

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
As a freshly confimed Pisces I'd like to know whether I get the role the sign-ruling planet plays; in my case Neptune (heard it was Jupiter in olden times - does it retain relevance?).

In traditional astrology, which is still practiced today but relies entirely on methods developed before the discovery of any planets beyond Saturn, Jupiter is the ruler of Pisces. Modern astrology, which is a different branch and includes planets discovered more recently, considers Neptune either the ruler or the co-ruler of Pisces, depending on which modern astrologer you ask. Some modern astrologers dispense with traditional rulers for Scorpio, Aquarius, and Pisces in favor of the modern ruler. Others consider it a shared rulership, with the traditional ruler not being unseated, but the modern ruler considered in addition. And some modern astrologers use traditional rulers only for houses and dispositors, while looking at the modern planets for other meanings only.

So according to the majority of astrologers, when you add all that up, Jupiter disposits your sun ("disposit" is astrology speak for "rules the sign [a planet] is placed in"). Some would consider Neptune your sun's co-dispositor, and a few would give more weight to Neptune than Jupiter, but by most astrologers, yes, the Jupiter rulership of Pisces is still considered relevant.