Random Thoughts, strictly Text

SunConjunctUranus

And Islam banning pork was because during the time it was written people were dying from eating it, so it was banned for health reasons, rather than actual Mohammad religious reasons.

Then, why does Muhammad instructing his followers to drink camel's urine IF you say pork was banned for health reasons? Mind you but for normies - pork is, by far, more delicious and healthy than camel's urine.

Ukpoohbear

Then, why does Muhammad instructing his followers to drink camel's urine IF you say pork was banned for health reasons? Mind you but for normies - pork is, by far, more delicious and healthy than camel's urine.

I remember a documentary about the benefits of urine. One guy had bad arthritis and washed his hands with urine and could play piano again. And drinking it if you are in a survival situation, same as killing animals would be necessary in a survival situation. Hell, I’d kill a human if I was stuck on a deserted island and needed to. But I don’t even need to eat animals.

petosiris

Banned
I remember a documentary about the benefits of urine. One guy had bad arthritis and washed his hands with urine and could play piano again. And drinking it if you are in a survival situation, same as killing animals would be necessary in a survival situation. Hell, I’d kill a human if I was stuck on a deserted island and needed to. But I don’t even need to eat animals.

Both Judaism and Islam allow the breaking of many commandments to save a life (exceptions are those concerning idolatry, adultery and murder). Pikuach nefesh. Jesus ran into arguments with the pharisees whether it is eligible to heal on the Sabbath, which extends the same principle to health as well.

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

Splendid! I'll looking forward to hear from you when you finally drink camel's urine while shouting "Allaaaaahu Akbar!".

Ukpoohbear

Both Judaism and Islam allow the breaking of many commandments to save a life (exceptions are those concerning idolatry, adultery and murder). Pikuach nefesh. Jesus ran into arguments with the pharisees whether it is eligible to heal on the Sabbath, which extends the same principle to health as well.

You seem to respect theology more than kindness which concerns me.

Ukpoohbear

I beg your pardon?

Basically, killing animals is murder but in general, morals should come from within and not be justified by theology. I think it’s a waste of intellect to be give your authority away to words written 1000s of years ago when a kind heart should be the lamp that guides you.

petosiris

Banned
Basically, killing animals is murder but in general, morals should come from within and not be justified by theology. I think it’s a waste of intellect to be give your authority away to words written 1000s of years ago when a kind heart should be the lamp that guides you.

The Bible gives an explanation for the origins of eating meat. Everyone has a heart, but not everyone has morals. The first is not trustworthy and is easily deceived, the word (which is my lamp Psalm 119:105) says.