The problem between Astrology and Spirituality

waybread

Possibly we're just responding to people's very ordinary and heart-felt concerns about feeling lonely, broke, unemployed, and so on.

Sadly, I have seen very few questions during the past 12 years of reading charts for people in this and another forum, that are about anything spiritual. We do see spiritual topics occasionally in discussion threads, but not much in requests for chart readings.

Frisiangal

Astrology and spirituality are like two sides of the same coin. I would say one is the horizontal to the vertical line forming a cross.

Astrological and Spiritual symbolism are both man-made interpretations of metaphysical philosophies of life.
For me, they represent the same side of the same coin. The symbolic equations are just focused and explained differently to reach the same answer.

Spirituality motivates you to move forward, to live, to spin the wheel - fire energy;
while Astrology has you stop and ponder on the elements and variables that configure this movement - earth energy. Ying and yang. Life and death.

The fire of Spirit = Sun. Its 'spirit'(uality) is shown through its sign at birth; the element (temperament) through which it will be expressed.
Its path is not always straight forward, as per traits and functions of other signs and planets it meets along the way ... within other people and within Self.

Aries axis Libra representing Spirit and Energy (life), Taurus axis Scorpio representing Astrology and Mystery (knowledge).

:sideways::confused:
From which form and technique of astrology is that taught?

There is a problem with accepting a set of characteristics as your personality and being - seems like it ties you down and takes the life out of things. "As if things are written in stone" .

Which is a traditional astrology/Old Testament perception of life?
I.E. Like Saturn influences, neither appear to allow the inclusion of choice and free will in leading it.

"I'm not anything like my sun sign! Astrology is nonsense!"
Perhaps because many people are Moon reactive feeling orientated towards life and have need of other parts of their character to deal with its effects, eventually showing their 'spirit' of what they are made of.

However, there is another truth that is to be reckoned:
As we know there's always movement - as the wheel spins.

Most astrologers know about progressed charts. But do we all account that when describing a sign? How Fire signs progress into Earth signs. Earth into Air. Air into Water. Water rebirth into Fire. The movement that is.

My all-time favourite lyrics, 'The Circle of Life'. :smile:

I go along with your line of thought which, basically, depends upon the astro. learning and/or schooling an individual has undergone and developed.
Many (experienced) astrologers do not consider and use progressed techniques WITH transits. The 'turning of the wheel' sees so many life-changing experiences that enables the natal Sun sign to become even stronger in Spirit = the 'spirituality' so many seek.

Doesn't it boil down (or up) to be(com)ing the essence of one's Self?

My ½ cent of simple Earth-Air influenced philosophy.:wink::smile:

CapAquaPis

The problem is spirituality is about faith (organized religion), astrology is about fate (predicting the future). Christians claim they don't rely on horoscopes, but biblical verses and what their church teaches them rules, doctrine and dogma to follow. Both can be interpreted in variant ways, schools and schisms like the difference between Protestant and Catholic in Christianity as well Tropical and Sidereal in Astrology each have both differences and similarities.

brainpuddle

I would argue that one does not need to progress to explore, at least in that sense. I believe in a static being, but I also believe in the meagerness of our ability to comprehend its depths, thereby making it subjectively infinite without movement.

Cary2

Banned
Aries axis Libra representing Spirit and Energy (life), Taurus axis Scorpio representing Astrology and Mystery (knowledge).

Given the vast resources we have today to study spirituality, I believe the problems are the strange concepts that individuals attach to spirituality like the above dictum about astrology. I think you must have made that up. It is not astrology to me. Other odd concepts also exist about spirituality.

There is a problem with accepting a set of characteristics as your personality and being - seems like it ties you down and takes the life out of things. "As if things are written in stone".

"I'm not anything like my sun sign! Astrology is nonsense!"

Nope. The suggestions shown in a chart are not written in stone. No respectable school of astrology says so. I'll bet you have no problem seeing the set of characteristics of the many people you meet. You've probably noticed that most people rarely change. That does not indicate that they cannot change.

You are entering spirituality when ask yourself, "Who am I really?". "What is my true identity?" and "Where am I going?"

Spirituality is the fact that there is a parallel universe all around us here where we are. It is not deep underground or far out in the universe. The dearly departed are around us. They can easily tune us out when they like, and they can easily observe us when they like. Most of those souls will reincarnate. The next life may be very different from other lives.

When you reincarnate, you accept the hand you will be dealt. Planet earth is a unique school. You will learn your lessons and you will prove your worthiness (or not). Your chart is the best guide to what cards you were dealt, but the cards you are dealt are tendencies only. Tendencies are your test, your row to hoe, your cross to bear. Relax. It won't last forever.

What are you going to do about your tendencies? Most people do little about their tendencies but follow them. Following one's tendencies is the frequent choice, but you do have free will that allows you to do things that are not tendencies. You are being tested.

Last edited: