how does mars in virgo fight?

Starsareround

When I think out foxing, I think of strategic signs like Libra, Scorpio, sometimes Capricorn (coldness and ambition overrides all). But I also hear the Virgo energy can be subtle, sneaky, shrewd and calculating.

Can you end a fight with them with logic and practicality? Would you say due to lack of passion (Scorp) and strong ambition (Cap) fueling the mars, they can be easier to deal with?

Or would they just nitpick you to death? lol.

I also hear the sign Virgo can lash it out, but they can't take it.

They aren't super aggressive, like you said, but when they decide to be your adversary, they have tools to overcome, usually verbally and/or strategically. I'd rather go up against a mars in fire, they are straightforward in their battles.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
I have mars retrograde in virgo

i think it's also important to look at mercury, the ruler of virgo

since virgo is the host to mars, virgo has to provide for mars, but virgo can only do it in the way virgo knows how

and depending on where mercury is, that will colour how virgo is able to help, because where the host ruler is, that's where it's taking it's resources from

my mercury is in aries

so... i notice it's mainly when people are stopping me from being able to go in my own direction, and do what i want, that i get irritated. Things that i've hated most in life have been when people got in the way of that. (Aries personal wants/primary expression of identity)

From that i notice, it's the virgo ruler that determines perhaps the 'what' that makes us go into fight or flight mode.

You guys make interesting and valid points. Spot on in the one case I am thinking of. Looking at the sign of ruler Mercury (very insightful), Saturn placement (Virgo is indeed a practical sign), and Plutonic ramifications.

2. Yes. I rarely use physical violence. But I fight with words a lot. I can get really bitter without knowing it. In extreme cases you can expect to hear screaming from me. But you rarely hear it, thankfully :D because I often resort to non-verbal tactic instead. A cold hard look and some finger gesture, and people get my point. When you see I'm doing that, you know I'm quite pissed off and I don't want to explain anything to you because you **** me off too much for rational talk. That's the thing about Virgo. It wants to serve, but it also wants to micromanage whenever it can to, you know, make sure everything is perfect.

Yeah I noticed that too and it irks me. Virgo is subtle. They like to make passive aggressive comments disguised as a joke, or being helpful, yet it feels belittleing. I doubt the motive is always sincere.

I notice it can be funny when you throw it back at them, the one’s I’ve met (not all tho) can’t seem to take what they dish out.

So your Mercury is in Gemini. Do you notice you fight for Gemini related things, or its house placement?

He has Mars conjunct Pluto which gives the fighting ability and a 1st house Neptune he attributes to being able to win without raising a sword.

Any mars sign conjunct pluto is scary. You don't mess with Mars-Pluto. I dealt with one once (in Virgo too) and never wish to deal with the bas**** again. They come at you with their agenda with the full Plutonic force. I managed to confuse him by throwing a ton of confusing details at him to 'analyze'...:tongue:, and the bas**** eventually went away, but it took wayyyy too much time and energy from me than I wish to expend.

But why would 1st house Neptune win without raising a sword? Off topic, but that’s new.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Any mars sign conjunct pluto is scary. You don't mess with Mars-Pluto. I dealt with one once (in Virgo too) and never wish to deal with the bas**** again. They come at you with their agenda with the full Plutonic force. I managed to confuse him by throwing a ton of confusing details at him to 'analyze'...:tongue:, and he eventually went away, but it took wayyyy too much time and energy from me.

But why would 1st house Neptune win without raising a sword? Off topic, but that’s new.

From what he's told me he doesn't sound like someone to mess with, so perhaps I'm lucky he has reached a stage that he is really using all his effort to fight for spirituality. Which was the context of what we were talking about, that when you are in tune and behaving in the best way you can, that he has been called to events and circumstances that require him to fight for the good. Having Neptune on the angles, he said, will often see God wash away your enemies, quite literally.

For eg, with the Muslim Mafia thing, they didn't strike at him because the main guy was intuitive enough to hold off from going in for the offensive on some random guy who was protecting his neighbourhood. This went on for a while until the main guy was drink driving elsewhere and crashed. Neptune literally washed away his enemy for him. (He found out through the ex-wife of this guy).

Lykanized

I have Virgo Mars 1st house conjuncting my moon. Mercury in Cancer and retrograde. It also squares my Venus, sextiles Pluto, and trines Neptune and Uranus. I'm not passive aggressive or cold, I can be very cutting with my words when someone really pisses me off tho. When I'm aggressive, I'm pretty comfortable being straightforward about it. I have the capacity to be connected with my emotions, but to let them drive me in such a way that they don't make me crumble, they just make things even more intense and cutting. But that's just the capacity. At my worst I might get so pissed off I completely lose my **** and everything turns physical. I'm very defensive of people I love. I'm very emotionally aware and I can read people easily which I don't like to use against them, but if someone really pushes me to that point, I unfortunately might know what to say

My theory is that Mercury retrograding flips the script a little. I'm really not critical of others but I'm heavily critical of myself

My grandpa had the same Mars and Venus placements as me and he had no problem with women at all. In fact, he was very charming and witty. He was pretty nitpicky tho lmfao. But he was also in the military

I do have Pluto in Scorpio in my 3rd house so I feel like that has some influence on my relationship with words and the fact I have had a history of using my words both to heal others and to destroy them. That's been a problem for me and I've had to become more conscious of how I use words bc I've lost some people for good,I've had a history of obsessiveness too which can make my anger even more intense

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

It's known as the "Sign of Generals". Key word is "analyze". I use Pallas Athena, the most famous and important Virgin goddess of Ancient Greece and Crete, as the archetype: Wise in the arts of both war and peace. She was giver of victory in defensive war, and abundance in the material life of the city-states.

Mars is the ruling planet of the sign Aries anyways, if the 1st sign ruler is deep in the 6th ruler of Virgo - the one of service, I can see the person will have a career in the armed forces. Pallas or Athena's name is given to the Greek city of Athens, and Athenians are said to invented the concept of democracy, linking the political system to Athena and I supposed, of Virgo.

Gemini888

You guys make interesting and valid points. Spot on in the one case I am thinking of. Looking at the sign of ruler Mercury (very insightful), Saturn placement (Virgo is indeed a practical sign), and Plutonic ramifications.

Yeah I noticed that too and it irks me. Virgo is subtle. They like to make passive aggressive comments disguised as a joke, or being helpful, yet it feels belittleing. I doubt the motive is always sincere.

I notice it can be funny when you throw it back at them, the one’s I’ve met (not all tho) can’t seem to take what they dish out.

So your Mercury is in Gemini. Do you notice you fight for Gemini related things, or its house placement?

Any mars sign conjunct pluto is scary. You don't mess with Mars-Pluto. I dealt with one once (in Virgo too) and never wish to deal with the bas**** again. They come at you with their agenda with the full Plutonic force. I managed to confuse him by throwing a ton of confusing details at him to 'analyze'...:tongue:, and the bas**** eventually went away, but it took wayyyy too much time and energy from me than I wish to expend.

I think the Mercury thing makes sense. I tend to be pissed off by things related to communication, like someone calling someone else's name. My Mercury is also in 2H, the house of self-worth, so could it be that the intolerance toward arrogance comes from this? Or does it just come from Virgo?

And yeah, I can sound very belittling too. But in many cases I think the receiver deserves it. I don't like to put anyone down unless they put me down first.

Also keep in mind that Virgo evolved from Leo, a sign notorious for its pride. Virgo still has some of this influence, whether it wants it or not. There can be a big pride behind the humble facade, something that Virgo has to work on lest it bleed into its life.

And I also had Mars square Pluto. Do I look scary to you ::angel:: Actually, I was in an abusive relationship with someone whose birthday was only 1 day after mine. So it guaranteed that she had the same Mars-Pluto aspect. And gosh was she manipulative. We being friends was her idea, and she liked to take all the credit and avoided responsibility as much as possible. Nothing was ever her fault, and she always had a good excuse for not getting any responsibility. I had to ghost her because I just couldn't win the mind game.

Do I sound like a Mars-Pluto person? Mars-Pluto can either be empowering or destructive. And it's hard to turn the power to good use unless you have enough willpower.

Last edited:

GemwDepth

Account Closed
I have Virgo Mars 1st house conjuncting my moon. Mercury in Cancer and retrograde. It also squares my Venus, sextiles Pluto, and trines Neptune and Uranus. I'm not passive aggressive or cold, I can be very cutting with my words when someone really pisses me off tho. When I'm aggressive, I'm pretty comfortable being straightforward about it. I have the capacity to be connected with my emotions, but to let them drive me in such a way that they don't make me crumble, they just make things even more intense and cutting. But that's just the capacity. At my worst I might get so pissed off I completely lose my **** and everything turns physical. I'm very defensive of people I love. I'm very emotionally aware and I can read people easily which I don't like to use against them, but if someone really pushes me to that point, I unfortunately might know what to say

My theory is that Mercury retrograding flips the script a little. I'm really not critical of others but I'm heavily critical of myself

My grandpa had the same Mars and Venus placements as me and he had no problem with women at all. In fact, he was very charming and witty. He was pretty nitpicky tho lmfao. But he was also in the military

I do have Pluto in Scorpio in my 3rd house so I feel like that has some influence on my relationship with words and the fact I have had a history of using my words both to heal others and to destroy them. That's been a problem for me and I've had to become more conscious of how I use words bc I've lost some people for good,I've had a history of obsessiveness too which can make my anger even more intense

Your case is interesting. Mars conjunct Moon makes you react emotionally at the slightest sensitivity. In Virgo on-going self-criticism. On ASC out there for all to see (I do have a theory DSC planets=more powerful, conscious thrust towards your environment and ASC planets=unconscious, yet easy expression. Another thread tho.)

Mercury retrograde in Cancer rules you ASC, and also rules Mars in Virgo. Mercury has a strong opposition to Uranus.

Now do you find yourself mostly fighting when your sensitivities get hurt? On Cancer stuff?

Both moon and mars here are ruled by that Cancer Mercury, and conjunct, its no doubt the most important planet in your chart.

Of course due to so many enmeshment factors - moon, ASC ruler, females expressing the moon more than masculine mars - involved its kinda difficult to extrapolate which singular reaction is from which influence.

I've noticed you can react in a very Uranian, separation-ASAP manner following a heated disagreement (Mercury oppose Uranus). Later on you feel guilty and self-criticize in the Virgo pattern, and perhaps due to the retrograde too. I conclude that mercury uranus opposition seems to be one of the most powerful energy thrusts in your personality.

Last edited:

Lykanized

Your case is interesting. Mars conjunct Moon makes you react emotionally at the slightest sensitivity. In Virgo on-going self-criticism. On ASC out there for all to see (I do have a theory DSC planets=more powerful, conscious thrust towards your environment and ASC planets=unconscious, yet easy expression. Another thread tho.)

Mercury retrograde in Cancer rules you ASC, and also rules Mars in Virgo. Mercury has a strong opposition to Uranus.

Now do you find yourself mostly fighting when your sensitivities get hurt? On Cancer stuff?

Both moon and mars here are ruled by that Cancer Mercury, and conjunct, its no doubt the most important planet in your chart.

Of course due to so many enmeshment factors - moon, ASC ruler, females expressing the moon more than masculine mars - involved its kinda difficult to extrapolate which singular reaction is from which influence.

I've noticed you can react in a very Uranian, separation-ASAP manner following a heated disagreement (Mercury oppose Uranus). Later on you feel guilty and self-criticize in the Virgo pattern, and perhaps due to the retrograde too. I conclude that mercury uranus opposition seems to be one of the most powerful energy thrusts in your personality.
That's interesting...Actually, I can see where you're coming from with the argument that ascendant planets are more subconscious. Is that a thread you've created, or want to create?

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to what I fight about. I don't think it's Cancerian things. Given my strong Mercury, it may have to do with what I say and people taking it the wrong way or taking what others say the wrong way. I feel like Uranus has other implications here in making things feel more chaotic and it all possibly may go down to my current mood. Moods which are changeable. Being so harshly selfjudgmental, I may sometimes assume others are judging me too

That's also interesting what you say about the Uranus opposition possibly being the most powerful energetic thrusts in my expression. What do you think about Neptune? It's very closely conjunct my Uranus. I know it may be a lot harder to 'see' Neptune tho

david starling

That's interesting...Actually, I can see where you're coming from with the argument that ascendant planets are more subconscious. Is that a thread you've created, or want to create?

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to what I fight about. I don't think it's Cancerian things. Given my strong Mercury, it may have to do with what I say and people taking it the wrong way or taking what others say the wrong way. I feel like Uranus has other implications here in making things feel more chaotic and it all possibly may go down to my current mood. Moods which are changeable. Being so harshly selfjudgmental, I may sometimes assume others are judging me too

That's also interesting what you say about the Uranus opposition possibly being the most powerful energetic thrusts in my expression. What do you think about Neptune? It's very closely conjunct my Uranus. I know it may be a lot harder to 'see' Neptune tho

Have you noticed that Mars is now Conjunct Neptune?

david starling

How would you describe that energy? I think that energy is possibly very delightful, but that's only in my mind and with my elementary understanding

Mars and Neptune aren't really compatible. But, since Neptune is in Pisces, the Sign it Native-rules, Mars is adding some interesting energy to both dreams and getting things done. It's my Mars Return, and Conjunct my Ascendant, so I'm seeing it from my own vantage point.

GemwDepth

Account Closed

You can create it if you like, and I'll comment when I have time. I am going to stay on the Mars Virgo thread until its beat to death.

Taking a break for a couple of days, then coming back to explore Virgo 'Control.'

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Interesting tie-in to the Mars/Neptune Conjunction: Napoleon Bonaparte had it in his Chart, but in Virgo instead of Pisces.

I didn't know Napolean had Mars in Virgo. That's seriously intriguing.

There are certain planetary patterns that lends itself to unrelenting warrior energy. Look at Ted Bundy, the guy may have been a lunatic, yet while in prison, he sawed a one foot hole on his ceiling, lost 35 lbs, and actually escaped by crawling through. I see Napolean's case as more due to the aspects, than the sign placement.

I see Mars is also chart ruler in Napolean's case. What's your perspective of the Mars in Virgo emphasis there, and its effect in his life?

Last edited:

Lykanized

You can create it if you like, and I'll comment when I have time. I am going to stay on the Mars Virgo thread until its beat to death.

Taking a break for a couple of days, then coming back to explore Virgo 'Control.'
You do seem to not like Mars in Virgos, but we have our advantages

katydid

My good friend has Mars conjunct the Sun in Virgo, in her 6th house. Mercury is in Virgo too, but not conjunct .

She is very feisty. And cunning. She was a legal secretary and ran the entire office and has a brilliant legal mind. Her attorney bosses credited her with much of the legal strategy they'd use because she was so intelligent and detailed. And she has an amazing memory.

She was very low key and seemed very quiet and polite. But she watched the clients and the other attorneys like a hawk. She'd take detailed notes and report back to her bosses, about things she saw and overheard, while the others were ignoring her.

I showed her birth chart to her many times and she learned a bit about Astrology. One of the things she pointed out to me, was that her Sun/Mars conjunction in Virgo, was an accurate description of her Father and her first husband. They were critical of her and aggressive when she tried to assert herself. They wanted her to stay home and cook dinner and she rebelled. [she has Aries rising.]

She was somewhat estranged from her family, as she moved far away on purpose, and kept in contact by phone and rare brief visits.

And she kicked her jerk of a husband out and was a strong independent woman after that. She did 'date' a man for 30 years, but they lived separately and had a great relationship by doing so. She helped raise his 2 kids and was a great step mum. Now she is a grandmother and loves every minute of it.

Last edited:

katydid

There are certain planetary patterns that lends itself to unrelenting warrior energy. Look at Ted Bundy, the guy may have been a lunatic, yet while in prison, he sawed a one foot hole on his ceiling, lost 35 lbs, and actually escaped by crawling through. I see Napolean's case as more due to the aspects, than the sign placement.

I see Mars is also chart ruler in Napolean's case. What's your perspective of the Mars in Virgo emphasis there, and its effect in his life?

How does Ted Bundy come into this? He had Mars in Sag. Nor did he have Moon conjunct Neptune. Sorry, but I am confused about how he came to be included?

david starling

I see Mars is also chart ruler in Napoleon's case. What's your perspective of the Mars in Virgo emphasis there, and its effect in his life?

Btw, Napoleon was Leo Sun, with the Moon and Saturn in mutual regard, and in close Opposition with Saturn in :cancer: & Moon in :capricorn:.

As I see it, Mars is "in-Service" when it's in Virgo. I call that relationship a "Benefactor", and it's a strong placement for Mars in the Chart. Being in the Sign opposite its own, Neptune is weak, and may have interfered with the caution and planning characteristic of Virgo--hence, "Waterloo", an appropriate name for a defeat caused by Neptune!

Last edited:

GemwDepth

Account Closed
How does Ted Bundy come into this? He had Mars in Sag. Nor did he have Moon conjunct Neptune. Sorry, but I am confused about how he came to be included?

I was talking about planetary patterns I noticed. Its the combination of Mars-Pluto-Neptune thats gives similar effects - regardless of any sign placement thereof. We already know how Mars-Pluto works, add in the Neptune ability for deceit, being elusive, and its mars/neptune semi-psychic ability to sense danger. You've got a powerhouse fighter who has the force of will, strategy, and an impalpable skillfulness that can do a lot of damage, positive or negative.

You do seem to not like Mars in Virgos, but we have our advantages

You have great intuition. I've got to hand it to you. I am probably a bit biased right now, and my point of starting the thread is try to learn how to deal with one of the (negative) ones in my life.

Btw, Napoleon was Leo Sun, with the Moon and Saturn in mutual regard, and in close Opposition with Saturn in :cancer: & Moon in :capricorn:.

As I see it, Mars is "in-Service" when it's in Virgo. I call that relationship a "Benefactor", and it's a strong placement for Mars in the Chart. Being in the Sign opposite its own, Neptune is weak, and may have interfered with the caution and planning characteristic of Virgo--hence, "Waterloo", an appropriate name for a defeat caused by Neptune!

Interesting, studying Napolean's chart and his Mars in Virgo emphasis right now. In my opinion, he has many flaws. But his weakest point his enemy exploited was his Mercury in Leo. He believed he was indefatigable and no one is. His ego went too far beyond rational sense to analyze the enemy. One with more common sense would not have attempted such an invasion into Russia. He went in with 400,000 troops and came back with only 10,000 (that could fight). I bet, and I don't have to read more, that they probably lead him on too, into a trap.

Mercury is in Virgo too, but not conjunct .

She is very feisty. And cunning. She was a legal secretary and ran the entire office and has a brilliant legal mind. Her attorney bosses credited her with much of the legal strategy they'd use because she was so intelligent and detailed. And she has an amazing memory.

Does your friend's Mercury aspect any planets in Libra, say Saturn or Jupiter in Libra? Or 8th house? I find it difficult to believe Mercury in Virgo itself can produce a brilliant legal mind. The one case I know of was a great engineer, but technical proficiency doesn't necessary equate to strategic problem solving.

Last edited:

Gemini888

So I have Mars in 0 deg Virgo biquintile Neptune. Mars is also my chart ruler. Will I become a Ted Bundy-style jail breaker? :D