Astrology Software

The_Saturnian

Does anyone happen to know of any freely available software or websites that offer the option to draw midpoints?

Thanks in advance. :)

Flowergirl

Had anyone had much use of astrology apps for iPad, tablets, kindle, or iPod?
I don't see any mention of Astro Gold, the iPad/iPhone version of SolarFire on this thread. It's a great, little program that I've been using for more than a year. In a recent update it got a midpoint/composite function. It does not have all the functions that astro.com have though but enough to have fun with. Love it! :biggrin:

quiet659

Softwares for Astrology interpretations

I'm an newbie here so I'm sorry if I posted this thread on the wrong forum. I just wanted to know what are good free softwares to download for astrological interpretations of the birth chart
P:S If there is already a thread created already about these software please notify me immediately.

JUPITERASC

Priti

I was looking for such a software for myself. I am glad that I found many. Thanks for posting this question. Canopus is a great tool. Trying to learn it. Lets Hope it helps me :)

vasilis

I use Prometheus from Capricorn Astrology Software.
There is a 30 days trial version for PC at http://www.astrology13.com/13-zodiac-program (at the bottom of the page. You have to send an email and then you get the installer back)

According to my opinion it is the best program ever made. It has many innovative characteristics.
It is suitable for: Tropical, Vedic, Horary and 13 Zodiac Astrology with Ophiuchus. You may turn from one system to the other with one click!

It contains, midpoints, arabic parts, etc

It also makes:
Arc Directed, Primary directed, Profection, Progressed charts, Harmonics etc..

Synastries, multi wheel charts etc.
It also has the possibility of setting interpretations..

Soon it will be available at a much cheaper price, under $100.

noxflisk

AstroWin is an online thing, and it's just as good (if not better) than most of the professional software I use (e.g. Kepler, SolarFire, Janus.. et cetera). You have to sign up, but it's completely free. Seriously, it's super awesome. It has all the information you need. And probably more. Aspects, compatibility/synastry, everything.

Also, there's no trial period. It's free. Permanently. And there's no "Premium Member" bullsh*t. You get full access. Free. Forever.

My apologies for sounding like an informercial. I just can't recommend it enough.

Last edited:

Saggal

Just wondering if anyone has tried the "TIMEPASSAGES" software by Henry Seltzer? I have a mac, so I thought I'd give this one a try….

zoidsoft

There is a program called Delphic Oracle that you might want to check out:

http://www.astrology-x-files.com/delphicoracle-download.html

I wrote this program because we at Project Hindsight were researching some new / old techniques that didn't exist in any software and the major companies refused to include these in Solar Fire, Kepler, etc... at the time. I became the first to program the windows app Zodiacal Aphesis in 1997 and Delphic Oracle first came out in 2003. It is a very powerful program now with Hank Friedman saying that Delphic Oracle is "the gold standard of Traditional Astrology programs, far and away more powerful and better designed than any other software".

It has now moved into the direction of high definition 4D (time lords) graphics with TerraChron astrocartography.

terrachron-sm.jpg

Last edited:

Saggal

Thanx for the info zoidsoft….this is good to know :biggrin:
I did get "TimePassages" and am pleased so far
Awesome-- Hellenistic Astrology, that's my next mission!

divination

Does anyone happen to know of any freely available software or websites that offer the option to draw midpoints?

Thanks in advance. :)

Hi All,

AstroApp (http://astroapp.com) has the free charting functionality along with a wide range of subscription-based features covering Uraninan astrology, midpoints, 90 degree dials, fictitious planets and so on. Essentially, it's a complete professional astrology program that is available entirely online and that runs on any internet-connected device and platform (Mac, Linux, tablets and so on).

zoidsoft

Thanx for the info zoidsoft….this is good to know :biggrin:
I did get "TimePassages" and am pleased so far
Awesome-- Hellenistic Astrology, that's my next mission!

You're welcome Saggal. I've been doing Hellenistic since 1994 (before it was cool) - back then Rob Hand, Schmidt, et al were calling it "Greek and Medieval Latin astrology" during the Project Hindsight translation project, but because Schmidt did a series of brilliant lectures, it caused a buzz by 1999 at which time Schmidt started to use the term "Hellenistic" which then caught on. I started programming these techniques into windows software because the major companies refused to do so after I begged them to include these techniques we were finding in the Project Hindsight translations at the time. I told them that this stuff would be "hot" later on and they didn't believe me. Now everyone else is imitating my work. Project Hindsight is the original source of most of this material (and the reason why Hellenistic astrology is so popular today):

http://www.projecthindsight.com

Oddity

Since you're here, Curtis...is there a way to make the wheel bigger in Timaeus/Delphic Oracle? I like the programmes, but I have aging eyes!

Or it may be down to a new monitor.

zoidsoft

Yes. Uncheck AutoSizeFont in the Chart Designer. Then all the font size settings you set in the same area will remain persistent. With AutoSizeFont checked, the program sets the font according to the thickness of the wheels.

Hey all! I just wanted to let you guys know about a recently released astrology chart generator at astro-charts.com.

You can create a birth chart here, a composite chart here, and a synastry chart here. It requires no downloading, similar to astro.com. It doesn't have as many features as astro.com but it's designed to be easier to read and user friendly. Hopefully in the future I'll have a chance to add more features. Please reach out to me if there is anything you'd like to see. =)

zoidsoft

The New Cross-Platform version of Delphic Oracle will be out soon. Until then, I'm offering free upgrades to Delphic Oracle XPF (aka version 9) for currently registered (if you have v8 you're already grandfathered in) and new users of version 8 until it's released. This new version has high resolution graphics with graphical capabilities similar to Adobe Photoshop with gradients, alphablending, etc, and a new user interface with many new features never before implemented similar to enhanced multi-dimensional astrocartography (TerraChron). The new version will go up in price...

http://www.astrology-x-files.com/delphicoracle-download.html

do9preview2.jpg

daniel

i do not usually resurrect an old post, but i customarily run Linux as an OS, and was interested if any one has successfully run/built skylendar on a KDE3 environment.
It seems as though the developer has abandoned it, and i would like to add some custom routines to it. it would be a good starting point and i would not have to reinvent the wheel.

okay i just saw the linux section and can not seem to delete this post...

sorry Lazarus.

daniel

Last edited:

zoidsoft

The Terran Atlas for Mac OS X has been released! Registered users can login to the upgrades page to download a .pkg.zip file. After unzipping the package, you can install it to the /Applications/ folder and use your existing registration code from your registration email.

http://www.astrology-x-files.com/upgrades.html

This was an important step forward because it means that the only real obstacle to Delphic Oracle XPF being released for a Mac is finishing my graphics routines and the new Chart Designer. The Terran Atlas package installs midas.dylib which is part of the TClientDataSet database drivers needed to run database access. A similar procedure will be necessary for the Swiss Ephemeris dynamic library.

On a Mac, the executable (*.app) is actually part of a bundle which on windows would be seen as a folder / directory structure. After installing the TerranAtlas.app if one doesn't accept the default location, then you need to access the main menu TerranAtlas and set the path to the *.cds files. The default location is:

/Applications/TerranAtlas.app/Contents/MacOS/

Thanks to Martijn van Bemmel for creating the new El Capitan icons.

terranatlas-osx.jpg