Astrology and Tarot?

I'm very new to all of this, so bear with me.
So I saw a list of Tarot cards matched up with astrological signs and it went like this:
Aries: Emperor
Taurus: Hierophant
Gemini: Lovers
Cancer: Chariot
Leo: Strength
Virgo: Hermit
Libra: Justice
Scorpio: Death
Sagittarius: Temperance
Capricorn: Devil
Aquarius: Star
Pisces: Moon

And in this book I was looking at that had a full profile for each day of the year had a tarot pairing for each one, but it was different day to day. Like, every Scorpio type wasn't Death, it had to do with which day of the month. So would all Scorpio people have a special connection to Death and then, in addition, a special connection to another card that corresponds with the day they were born?
I've also seen lists corresponding cards with the planets and with elements, so would you have connections to those other cards as well?
And, finally, what do the connections to the cards mean for you? Does it mean your personality is somehow related to that card? Is there a special significance if that card is drawn when you're having your tarot read?
Thank you so much if you answer any of my questions! Like I say, I'm just getting started learning anything about this stuff(although I have studied MBTI a bit and am now seeing there is some connection) and I'll probably be back with more questions as I look further into this stuff, especially with regard to Jung, I'm sure. :)

The definition of astrology is the study of the actions and relative positions of space bodies interpreted as having control on human contact and the natural world. Tarot and astrology make a fine marriage. The Tarot is fluid, theoretical, and sensitive version.Astrology counters the balance with construction, computation, analyzing etc.Both Tarot and Astrology uses ambiguous symbols.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunraku

Where did you get that list?
It varies depending on who you read, but from what I've noticed, older texts seem to be more consistent on the cards association with a sign (I haven't read too many though).

d00dle

each birthday has its own tarot card (s) ex. if your birthday is on the 24, your tarot card is the lovers (yes it matched up the sign gemini because the lovers card has 2 lovers symbol in it...some birthdays have more than 1 (depends on day, month, and year you were born).

Maria

If you are familiar with Western astrology, upon careful examination, the Vedic chart will appear to have planets aligned with the wrong constellations (signs)