Mars, the Bringer of War: What It Means In Your Chart

Probably a way to work out mars energy anyhow... Slicing, mashing, cutting, chopping, mixing, heating...

I absolutely agree. I think cooking is VERY theraputic for mars in cancer. The boiling pots, simmering sauces, the chop, chop! Makes me feel super happy. If I am angry, I will cook...but I don't like to serve it to anyone, doesn't seem right to serve an angry dish.

You sound like an awesome person to be around mmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm. Heh I can cook to but it's fast and furious and chaotic, basically I am compared to a mad scientist. Do you do desserts? Ok sorry this is my gluttony kicking in.

:happy: You know my bf just melts when I cook for him...it's an awesome thing to be able to make someone sublimely happy with food. I am a total feeder, but I don't do desserts very often (and I'm okay at them but not great) no one in my family has much of a sweet tooth....but I did just make homeade chocolate peppermint truffles with my boys cos they love mint. Also making a fresh fig and frangipanie tart for thanksgiving...now dough of any type I can really get into...beautiful stuff! Pastry dough is excellent fun b/c it's such a science. All French cooking rules and rocks my world! :kissing::kissing::love:

Geeking out on food...:innocent:

kimbermoon

glad you have attempted to move away from the rather contentious thread I was previously following...I have Mars in Capricorn in opposition to Sun/Jupiter conjunct in Cancer, crossing the 2nd/8th axis...it is also the tip of a kite configuration...what have I learned?

In youth I was extremely sensitive and emotional and life taught me that I had to learn to control and direct my energies, rather than being a door-mat for others...Mars opp Sun: conflicts with males attempting to dominate; financial upsets; Mars/Jupiter: learning to reign in my familial attachments causing distress;
questioning religious organizations and seeking after divine understanding

Jupiter/Sun conjunct: the luck of a small inheritance but more importantly significant spurt of development after the loss of my parents... I was changed psychologically ...

As a water dominant person I needed this Mars in Capricorn to teach me about endurance, patience, organization and the law of cause and effect...
I am no master of industry nor am I interested in business, yet I intuit on a deeper level [Scorpio rising, pluto in the 10th] that the true 'spiritual' archetype represents 'the goat climbing the mountains in search of wisdom and fulfillment...there are many challenges to face on the long climb upwards...

Last edited:
Astrologer50,

First, I want to make it clear that your quotes from other astrologers aren’t proving anything to anyone. An astrologer should be able to formulate his/her own opinion when interpreting charts.[that's being very selective,and only per chance, readidng what you want to read here??] Here is where you and I differ. My methods are my own.[so are mine try re reading, the links I post are educational for people wanting to learn astrology by well known published authors or websites!!!] I primarily depend upon my own discernment when analyzing a chart.

Now, my Mercury, Mars, and Pluto do NOT have an oppositional relationship,[your parallels say diffferent] despite what you’ve stated above. Mercury and Pluto are both co-rulers of my 3rd house and they are sextile; Mercury is lord of my 9th house (where Mars is located); Mars and Pluto are both co-rulers of my 8th house. This is NOT an oppositional relationship. In fact, contrarily, they are very connected, and this adds power to the three placements.

You are reading what you want into my chart, and it is obvious.[NOPE I'm reading your *declinations* do you know what they are?] You want to prove that an aggressive Mars is the product of a hard aspect, and this is not true. Mars is aggressive by nature, whether it is aspected beneficially, malevolently, or not at all. You are sugarcoating the function of Mars, and you are using other astrologer’s words to prove your point (which, by the way, is impossible because most astrologers have their own method of interpretation).
Are you per chance, only reading what you selective want to read?

As I suspected mercury/mars but as it turns out mercury/ pluto are contra parallel which acts like an opposition....:innocent: so this strenthens the retro motion and adds an ability to dig and delve, researching but also *capable* of verbal lacerations/acid tongue on occasion...
obviously YOU dont' understand declinations/parallels, may I suggest some research?

This thread is open to any and all conversation.
only providing it's astrologically based and cooking tips
:cool:
forum rules

Off-topic and personal messages are permitted as long as they are limited and do not turn the attention from the astrological topic discussed.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/faq.php

Last edited:

kimbermoon

:pinched:
Astrologer50,
You are reading what you want into my chart, and it is obvious. You want to prove that an aggressive Mars is the product of a hard aspect, and this is not true. Mars is aggressive by nature, whether it is aspected beneficially, malevolently, or not at all. You are sugarcoating the function of Mars, and you are using other astrologer’s words to prove your point (which, by the way, is impossible because most astrologers have their own method of interpretation).

I would offer that Mars in Cancer would not be highly aggressive without some heavy other aspects...here we go again...we are not here to prove something to others...we are here to coach them into gaining their own wisdom of how certain factors of the chart can play out...consider this...with respect, when you are accessing astrology websites that you include in your personal lists of resources, is this not the same thing...encouraging the use of other astrologer's word combinations? contradiction?

again you are oozing judgment by saying: 'you are sugar-coating the function of Mars'...this is only the way you see it.

divine g

Banned
In the case of Mars and Saturn, many astrologers seem to suggest that they are malefic. I disagree. They are vital aspects of the psyche that must be expressed to maintain equilibrium. Furthermore, no matter how they relate to the other planets (aspects), they must maintain the core essence of their being--their purpose, if you will. They must uphold their part in the balancing out of your personality. For one will be apathetic without the drive of Mars and undisciplined without the structure of Saturn. Even where soft aspects are concerned, they still carry out their roles. It is up to the individual to decide whether or not they will express them in positive or negative ways. And an individual who represses or refuses to acknowledge the true natures of Mars and Saturn will be unbalanced and weak.
Still reading responses on this page, but wanted to say this quickly. I have both Mars and Saturn conjunct in my 1st, and I'm rather thankful for these 2 "Malefics", as they serve my introverted nature well. They basically project masculinity and cold seriousness that makes most people keep their distance, which I want! Saturn in 1st shows a lot of responsibility, from childhood, and as ruler of time, he doesn't have time for small talk.

Now, as to those planets being called "malefics", I think that it's used as a term relative to other planets, especially Venus and Jupiter. It really depends on what angle the astrologer is being given. If one comes to them for a reading, say on synastry for marriage, or expecting money soon, Mars and Saturn in the picture don't bode well.

However, Mars could be good in providing toughness to weather a storm, and in legal cases, having Saturn on your side can sometimes be more beneficial than Jupiter! Saturn's rewards tend to be more long-lasting, and sometimes Jupiter's bubble can burst pretty quickly. Jupiter is kind of like that million-dollar lottery ticket, but here comes "malefic" Saturn taking half for taxes! But Saturn is that blessing in disguise, bc if you see the history of lottery winners, that free money ends up being a curse, and they're broke, or dead in no time.

Jupiter's blessings can sometimes be a curse. An "all you can eat buffet" is the last thing a person trying to lose weight needs, although in the moment it may seem great. So, as said above it is all a matter of perspective. But in general, if you want to look for good news, you would look to Jupiter first. Relative to Saturn, Jupiter's the good guy. But they also are like good cop, bad cop, they work together. Sometimes the good cop is trying to trick you.

I've also had some disagreements with astrologer50, RIR. Some ppl just like to argue. My Mars is in Leo, squaring Mercury and Uranus, so that double fire can be triggered pretty quickly and intensely, and it comes out vocally, and in public. Mars in Leo likes to make a show with their fights. I can really make a scene when I want to, even with Saturn conjuncting my Mars to cool him off.

I would say that Mars all by himself, that planetary energy all alone, is the energy of the male, the warrior, yes. The God of War, "Mars", is by definition, far from being the "nice guy". The aspects and signs he's in in charts will determine just how "bad" he will be. But in a dog eat dog, upside-down world, I agree, "bad" is good. So dont trip too much off classical defintions of malefic and benefic. But Mars is definitely the symbol of the bad boy. It's a bit aggravating that someone would argue about something so self-evident.

Last edited:

RaptInReverie

I would say that Mars all by himself, that planetary energy all alone, is the energy of the male, the warrior, yes. The God of War, "Mars", is by definition, far from being the "nice guy". The aspects and signs he's in in charts will determine just how "bad" he will be. But in a dog eat dog, upside-down world, I agree, "bad" is good. So dont trip too much off classical defintions of malefic and benefic. But Mars is definitely the symbol of the bad boy. It's a bit aggravating that someone would argue about something so self-evident.

Exactly my point! And whether we are male or female, we all have masculine and feminine energy, so it is not a matter of gender (no that you implied that). We all have that kick-*** energy in us somewhere!

rulerships and natal aspects are NOT the same as *Declinations* and I don't have to prove my style of responding to members you to or anyone. Do NOT make this personal, keep it astrological or moderators will probably intervene.....

Now, my Mercury, Mars, and Pluto do NOT have an oppositional relationship, despite what you’ve stated above. Mercury and Pluto are both co-rulers of my 3rd house and they are sextile; Mars is in Gemini ruled by Mercury; Mars and Pluto are both co-rulers of my 8th house. This is NOT an oppositional relationship. In fact, contrarily, they are very connected, and this adds power to the three placements.

Sorry but you DO have a declination aspect which operates like an opposition!! FACT

Last edited:

divine g

Banned
Venus' association with War is interesting, I have to look into that more. Women can certainly put up a fight, in other non-physical (Martian) ways.

There's also some beauty to winning a battle, that's why Sun Tzu's classic manual calls it the "Art" of War. Venus ruling the 7th house of opposition, can reflect Mars in some ways, and probably rules the art of passive-agression.

If people studied the mythology behind these archetypes more, there would be no argument. The myth of the god Mars, as I recall, he was HATED by the other gods. There really wasn't much nice about Mars, the actual being the planet is named aftere.

RaptInReverie

rulerships and natal aspects are NOT the same as *Declinations* and I don't have to prove my style of responding to members you to or anyone. Do NOT make this personal, keep it astrological or moderators will probably intervene.....

Sorry but they DO have a declination aspect which operates like an opposition!!

It is not personal; I don't know you.

But like I said, every astrologer has his/her own method. I don't agree with every method out there. And if you had interpreted my chart with declinations like you did above, the whole interpretation about me would be inaccurate.

It is not personal; I don't know you.[you are making 'flaming comments' which leads to personal attacks which moderators will intervene here....]

But like I said, every astrologer has his/her own method. I don't agree with every method out there. And if you had interpreted my chart with declinations like you did above, the whole interpretation about me would be inaccurate.

mercury/pluto contra parallel suits you perfectly from I've seen so far :whistling:

divine g

Banned
Exactly my point! And whether we are male or female, we all have masculine and feminine energy, so it is not a matter of gender (no that you implied that). We all have that kick-*** energy in us somewhere!

Yes, a woman with a heavy Aries energy can definitely kick some butt. In fact, I would prefer a woman who identifies with her Mars energy, as I have little patience for a "girly-girl", crying over a broken nail.

Women who are race-car drivers, boxers, cops, or in any "traditionally" male-dominated areas, would be a prime example of how Mars energy by itself, whether in man, woman, or animal, is, by nature, agressive, one can even say "out for blood". Hence, its place as the "Red Planet". Ruled by iron, which can be used for good things, but is mostly known for weapons of war. That is Mars' primary purpose, anyone who wants to argue against that must just want to argue for the sake of arguing. Whenever the nicest person finally gets red in the face, hot under the collar, and screams to back off, that's Mars. Plain and simple.

Last edited:

RaptInReverie

Yes, a woman with a heavy Aries energy can definitely kick some butt. In fact, I would prefer a woman who identifies with her Mars energy, as I have little patience for a "girly-girl", crying over a broken nail.

Women who are race-car drivers, boxers, cops, or in any "traditionally "male-dominated areas, would be a prime example of how Mars energy by itself, whether in man, woman, or animal, is, by nature agressive, one can even say "out for blood". Hence, its place as the "Red Planet". Ruled by iron, which can be used for good things, but is mostly known for weapons of war. That is Mars' primary purpose, anyone who wants to argue against that must just want to argue for the sake of arguing. Whenever the nicest person finally gets red in the face, hot under the collar, and screams to back off, that's Mars. Plain and simple.

I think so. That or they're just in complete denial.

divine g

Banned
I would say someone is bored. This is a bit off topic, but I also clashed with astrologer50 after they accused me of plagiarizing one of my posts. I also meditate on planetary energies, and have always expressed my original viewpoints. So after I shared a long post after a meditation, they condescendingly asked me if I was aware of forum rules about posting other people's works, blah blah..then took it back.. I dont get it. But he/she will really get your blood boiling if u let them. Wonder where/how your Mars is aspected astrologer50, for you to be starting so many fights? Or maybe your chart has a lot of Aries energy? Fill us in.

As I said My Mars is in heart-ruled, pleasure-loving Leo, so fighting is fun to me, I love a good fight. Conjunct Saturn, I would consider it kind of my job.

Last edited:

RaptInReverie

I would say someone is bored. This is a bit off topic, but I also clashed with astrologer50 after they accused me of plagiarizing one of my posts. I also meditate on planetary energies, and have always expressed my original viewpoints. So after I shared a long post after a meditation, they condescendingly asked me if I was aware of forum rules about posting other people's works, blah blah..then took it back.. I dont get it. But he/she will really get your blood boiling if let them. Wonder where/how your Mars is aspected astrologer50, for you to be starting so many fights? Or maybe a lot of Aries energy? Fill us in.

As I said My Mars is in heart-ruled, pleasure-loving Leo, so fighting is fun, I love a good fight. Conjunct Mars, I would consider it kind of my job.

Well, I would really enjoy hearing some of what you've discovered meditating on the planetary energies. From what you've said so far, you've gotten a good grasp on Mars. Link me if possible.