Rulership in a changing relationship

unicorn

I have no chart for this, it is a general question: If two people have both a business cooperation and a friendship, what would be the house rulership of the "other" if one of them asked a hororary question - 11th or 7th? And if the question was regarding changes to relationship towards more intimate contact, what about the 5th?

kbell

I'm no expert, but I think I'd look at the house of what you are ultimately wanting to know. If you look at 5th its just about fun and sex no relationship, but if you are wondering about a possible relationship coming out of it I'd look at the 7th.

unicorn

It's really no ultimate question yet, just looking into a complex unfolding relationship with focus to see of it will be a threat to the involved people's current long term relationships. Have been analysing synastry and are looking into whether I should use hororary, but I am confused about the right rulerships for the situation.

astro09

If you are planning to ask a Horary question, it will depends on how you will ask it. Lets suppose you ask, will my business partner…? This is a 7th H question. On the other hand, if your question is phrased as Will my friend….? Then, that is an 11th H. If you have doubts or mention this person by his-her name, I will use the 7th. For intimate contact, I still would use the 7th. (Between you and me, be careful when you mix love/pleasure and business, it’s like mixing alcohol and driving together).

Hope this helped.

unicorn

Did a chart just to see what came up, anyone want to take a stab at helping me with rulership of the four involved? The querent is the female of the business/frienship constellation.

Attachments

• Ho020109.jpg
    Ho020109.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 16

unicorn

By the way the question is something like will this friendship result in an affair and how would that affect existing relationships.

unicorn

My stab at interpretation:
Ruler of the asc. is sun - in the 5th peregrine - querent not really in controll of the development?
Moon in 12th - worry about the undoing or secrecy at the heart of the question?
Ruler of 11th is venus in triplicity in the 5th, combust applying to conjuct the sun - seems the friend not very strong here either?
Ruler of the 5th mars also peregrine in the 1st - moon applying to conjunction and meets only with quicunxes before, but changing houses.
7th house ruler saturn exalted in the third house separating from square with pluto (co-ruler of the 5th) in 5th, but turning rx to apply to the same square later - is this the current partner of the querent or the friend? And Would pluto or mars be significator of the friends partner or a potential affair?

I don't quite know what to make of this. Any input appreciated. The querent is looking to resolve this with the least amount of drama and destruction to all parties and preferably without loosing the business dealings either.

unicorn

Olivia, wouldn't the 7th be the querents longterm boyfriend? He is sort of an important part of the quesited... That's why i am a bit confused because there are 4 people involved in the question. And it's not so much about romance as about an inconvenient "fatal attraction" kind of a thing and the continued willpower/strength to keep to the straight and narrow path for the future, having been a ticking bomb for some month.

Chart from photobucket:
Ho020109.jpg

unicorn

Sorry if I am annoying you Olivia, but my original question is one of technique of finding rulership, not a necessarily a chart interpretation on the question and the chart posed. The chart was posted as an example of a complex issue where I am confused about rulership. I posted it as a response to clarify the complexity since I was not satisfied with the first responses. You said I might have to let the chart tell me, and that is what I read in my book on hororary too, so my question is more what to look for in order to decide the rulership, and this chart is just an example to use for learning that.

Do I still need to move the question somewhere else?

aquarius7000

Happy New Year, firstly!

I just heard some hue and cry:p, and cut short my hols.:D

Unicorn, as long as you don't really expect a full-fledged chart discussion/reading, it is all right to post the chart as an example with the intention of clarifying matters. If you want to discuss the chart in terms of a reading, please then post on the respective Horary sub-board - Greenhorns' Horary, if you do not attempt a chart delineation. Along with your own interp, however, please post on the pertinent sub-board, as you have already been advised above.

:)AQ7

unicorn

Olivia, thanks for the suggestion. If I don't know the descriptions of the looks of the people involved, only the querent, would it be appropriate to assign significators based on which planet is prominent in their natal charts?

Also, would it be relevant or useful to refrain from assigning significators to the people involved and look at the question in a less person-oriented way towards a situational/relational way, if you get what I mean, like in this example look for a possible movement from 5th to 11th (friendship to affair) and separately analyse what's going to happen in the 7th as a symbol of existing relationships? Or are these kind of considerations only a path towards clouding the reading of the chart?

I'm wondering also if these kind of complex issues are not fit for a hororary chart or at least not for someone only using astrology as a hobby with friends and aquaintances.. maybe I will move it to see what more experienced astrologers would get out of it, but for now I will ponder some more for myself.