What happens when Planets have no rulership in the chart?

ElenaJ

In essence JupiterAsc is right. If the planet is intercepted, but in the ascendent, for example, and it squares malefics, it has a lot of weight. If it is intercepted in, for example, the 5th, and trine Venus, it's completely different, is more benefic and less imposing on the chart.

[Deleted reference to attacking posts that have now been deleted. - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sebastien Cheritte

Wow, it's hot in here!! --I like it. I support you Lex, Astrology often gives no straight answer, please tell me you didn't come here for a straight answer, learn to chew up the meaning, swirl the experience around in your mouth like a fine a wine, that's astrology, for the record, some people in here definitely not worth your energy, but I'll bite, also interested!

here's a chart.

12:50PM
Carrollton, TX, USA

same situation, delineate that for the boy.

JUPITERASC

Wow, it's hot in here!! --I like it.
support you Lex,
Astrology often gives no straight answer, please tell me you didn't come here for a straight answer,
learn to chew up the meaning, swirl the experience around in your mouth like a fine a wine,
that's astrology, for the record, some people in here definitely not worth your energy, but
I'll bite, also interested!
here's a chart.

12:50PM
Carrollton, TX, USA

same situation, delineate that for the boy.
these are instructions HOW TO ATTACH A CHART :smile:

TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwadm

DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address

2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)

3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...d.php?t=118441

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=12126
Extended Chart Selecton Page at astro.com has options
to choose
from amongst the fourteen currently most popular house systems in use

AngelsDelight

Elaborate Jupiter Ascending, The question I ask, is why does it depend on the individual chart? It sounds quite a straightforward astrological question to me.:innocent:

IleneK

Premium Member
Those planets that do not aspect the cusp of a house may be considered to have less direct influence over the arenas of the native's life compared to planets that rule the cusp of houses.

Those planets may still rule other planets which do rule cusps of houses, and so influence indirectly that way.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

I.e the sign didn't rule a cusp.

What happens to that planet and/or that sign?

The poster is asking about an astrological interpretation of technique , presumably in a system that can include 'intercepted signs'.
Imho, an explanation of that technique does not depend upon submitting a chart.

Have you been on the web to read the numerous articles on 'intercepted signs', LG?
There are many explanations, most of which consider the characteristics of the intercepted sign (thus, ruling no cusp) to be difficult in reaching their potential within the house it is situated. Interception implies opposing houses influence.

Yet each sign does have a ruler (traditional and/or modern) and the intercepted sign ruler's chart position can be just as strong in aiding
development of the meaning of the house, as the ruler of the cuspal sign.
You could find that the cusp ruler's further 'experience' towards its ruling house is dependent upon the intercepted sign ruler and its house position.

In that respect, providing individual working examples of how the interception technique can be interpretted is better when a chart is submitted. :smile:

Lin

Actually, I prefer to see the chart.

the intercepted signs can be ruled by planets IN that intercepted sign (within the house).
OR there could be NO planets in that intercepted sign, and the ruler of the sign unaspected.
OR the ruler of the the intercepted sign can be found on an angle.....

all off these can be modifiers of the "meaning" in this particular chart. So an intercepted sign can be powerful or weak...depending upon a number of indications.
LIN

greybeard

Asdsume Libra intercepted in 12. Where is Taurus? Only one of Venus 2 signs is intercepted. She does not stand "without rulership".

What if Venus is sole dispositor? Astride the MC? Conjunct Saturn and Pluto and besieged by them?

Depends on the chart.

conspiracy theorist

If you approach astrology like a detective, investigative journalist or judge where weighting of different variables is tantamount to making the right call, you'd get closer to how the process of astrology works, rather than looking for it to give you a straightforward answer.

Saying that, some charts are more straightforward than others, no doubt.

There is no consensus on what it means when planets/signs are intercepted and if said planet happens to not have a house to rule as a result of it. Many times interceptions are an artifact of what house systems you use, my chart being an example as I have some house cusps right on the beginning of signs in Placidus. If you do incorporate intercepted signs in your practice, every planet will still have a say in what happens in the chart, as the subsumed sign will still be in a particular house, so it's ruler will have a say in what transpires for that house.

Last edited:

Lex Gemini

The poster is asking about an astrological interpretation of technique , presumably in a system that can include 'intercepted signs'.
Imho, an explanation of that technique does not depend upon submitting a chart.

Have you been on the web to read the numerous articles on 'intercepted signs', LG?
There are many explanations, most of which consider the characteristics of the intercepted sign (thus, ruling no cusp) to be difficult in reaching their potential within the house it is situated. Interception implies opposing houses influence.

Yet each sign does have a ruler (traditional and/or modern) and the intercepted sign ruler's chart position can be just as strong in aiding
development of the meaning of the house, as the ruler of the cuspal sign.
You could find that the cusp ruler's further 'experience' towards its ruling house is dependent upon the intercepted sign ruler and its house position.

In that respect, providing individual working examples of how the interception technique can be interpretted is better when a chart is submitted. :smile:

Actually I would have appreciated links to information that talk about each sign and each planet therefore involved in interception, but as the usual glib-quota goes, one must first express their animalistic nature, might as well mark their territory, is there a tree in here somewhere I can't see. Lol

Lex Gemini

If you approach astrology like a detective, investigative journalist or judge where weighting of different variables is tantamount to making the right call, you'd get closer to how the process of astrology works, rather than looking for it to give you a straightforward answer.

Saying that, some charts are more straightforward than others, no doubt.

There is no consensus on what it means when planets/signs are intercepted and if said planet happens to not have a house to rule as a result of it. Many times interceptions are an artifact of what house systems you use, my chart being an example as I have some house cusps right on the beginning of signs in Placidus. If you do incorporate intercepted signs in your practice, every planet will still have a say in what happens in the chart, as the subsumed sign will still be in a particular house, so it's ruler will have a say in what transpires for that house.

How I love to read what you write... Write more. I'm in love with your mind

JUPITERASC

In essence JupiterAsc is right.

If the planet is intercepted, but in the ascendent, for example, and it squares malefics, it has a lot of weight.
If it is intercepted in, for example, the 5th, and trine Venus, it's completely different, is more
benefic and less imposing on the chart.
[Deleted reference to attacking posts that have now been deleted. - Moderator]
Actually, I prefer to see the chart.

the intercepted signs can be ruled by planets IN that intercepted sign (within the house).
OR there could be NO planets in that intercepted sign, and the ruler of the sign unaspected.
OR the ruler of the the intercepted sign can be found on an angle.....
all off these can be modifiers of the "meaning" in this particular chart. So an intercepted sign can be powerful or weak...depending upon a number of indications.
LIN
Depends on the chart.
clearly

agreement is that it depends on the chart :smile:

Actually I would have appreciated links to information
that talk about each sign and each planet
therefore involved in interception, but as the usual glib-quota goes, one must
first express their animalistic nature, might as well mark their territory, is
there a tree in here somewhere I can't see. Lol

If you approach astrology like a detective, investigative journalist or judge
where weighting of different variables
is tantamount to making the right call, you'd get closer to
how the process of astrology works
rather than looking for it to give you a straightforward answer.

Saying that,
some charts are more straightforward than others, no doubt.
i.e.
it depends on the chart

There is no consensus on what it means when planets/signs are intercepted
and if said planet happens to not have a house to rule as a result of it.
Many times interceptions are an artifact of what house systems you use,
my chart being an example as I have some house cusps right on the beginning of signs in Placidus.
If you do incorporate intercepted signs in your practice, every planet
will still have a say in what happens in the chart, as
the subsumed sign will still be in a particular house, so it's ruler
will have a say in what transpires for that house.

AngelsDelight

Whats in your chart Jupiter asc that you spend an entire thread trying to prove your right!! Sounds like an astrological pxss contest not a meeting of minds! Disappointed. Lex Gemini was asking a very valid question which it appeared everyone answered but you. pffft! :bandit:and please dont try proving how right you are again I think everyone fell asleep!:innocent:

Lin

It's not about "being right." Each person is unique. So is their chart. Giving specific information (as generalizations are pretty useless) without seeing a chart is like asking a doctor to diagnose an illness without examining the patients.
I hope you can understand that if these answers were "cut and dried" then everyone would be experts in reading charts!

It's a lifelong study....and you know, we don't like not having immediate answers but often it just isn't possible. We need to examine the patient (read the chart.)

LIN

greybeard

You are looking for simple answers to the complexity of a human being. Good luck with that.

Other than Sun and Moon, it is highly unlikely that a planet who rules two signs will see both of them intercepted. Whether intercepted or not, the signs are always ruled by a planet.

Interception is not unimportant. Its presence merely suggests a condition or situation out of the ordinary, requiring special attention. One of the reasons I continue to use the Placidus house system is that it produces intercepted signs, which are highly informative.

Lin

BTW, I think of EVERY chart as a mystery to be solved. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's very complicated and conflicted. As are the people involved.
LIN

greybeard

I think we tend to forget that the horoscope is erected for the purpose of understanding and helping People. We get lost in the details of horoscopy. It's always about a person, about people.

It is quite rare, especially at the latitudes most people live at, to find a chart with any two pairs of signs intercepted. It would be rare indeed to find a chart with the two signs belonging to a single planet both intercepted. And in most cases, if they occurred at all, that would involve not just one but two planets "without rulership".

Even when a planet finds itself ruling an intercepted sign, it does not disappear from the chart. It's still there, but operates on another plane.