Angular houses.

chei star

I have eight planets in angular houses with a major focus on the 7th and 10th houses. I also have a cardinal rising sign (Aries). My chart is dominated by Capricorn and Scorpio.

I have heard this can give an individual the tendency to live in the 'now' and often overlook the future.

I have to disagree as I am trying to teach myself not to live so much in the future and to enjoy the present.

I have always been one to worry about what is going to happen in the future to the point where I restrict myself and don't do things or take opportunities that could be beneficial to me. I also often think I am not good enough to achieve certain things while other people continuously tell me that I am.

For example I'm 23 and have only just accepted that it's okay to study a subject that I actually enjoy and am really good at instead of forcing myself to study something I hate because there is a decent career at the end of it.

However I have been told that no matter what I have to say people will listen to me (I also have moon quintile mercury) and whether they like me or not they will take on board what I have to say. I am a very powerful and creative communicator and I believe that if there is a talent that arises from these angular houses then that is it for me.

I don't know if it is just the arrogant Aries energy in my chart or a genuine thing but I have always felt I have great potential and can really make a difference with what I eventually end up doing, and that there is something significant I am supposed to do. I have just struggled to fully apply my energy to things in the past because they are not challenging enough or I can't picture a practical outcome in my mind.

What I would like to know is:

1. What does it mean having almost all of my planets in the 7th and 10th houses?
2. In which type of career do you think I could really make a difference? I have a couple of ideas about where I am heading and would be interested to see if anyone can point them out.
3. Why do I have a tendency to somewhat hide my talents and fail to acknowledge when I am genuinely really good at something?

I have attached my natal chart + transits for your reference.

Thank you :)

Attachments

• transits231012.jpg
    transits231012.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 34

StillOne

3. Why do I have a tendency to somewhat hide my talents and fail to acknowledge when I am genuinely really good at something?
I'm no expert, far from it, but when looking at your chart in relation to this question something stuck out to me. I think the answer to this question lies in your Moon in opposition to Chiron. Your Moon in Capricorn should be really grounded, especially in 10th house affairs. However, with Chiron in opposition there is an insecurity about. Working with this energy and solving the wounding may even eventually lead you to your calling.

Just trying to spur some thought...

http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/chironaspects.html

Moog

What I would like to know is:

1. What does it mean having almost all of my planets in the 7th and 10th houses?

I'd say 8 and 10.

Angular planets tend to create a 'bigger impact' in self and on world.

2. In which type of career do you think I could really make a difference? I have a couple of ideas about where I am heading and would be interested to see if anyone can point them out.

Well, here's a crude analysis; your 10th house ruler Jupiter is in the 4th.

Jupiter is the natural significator of teachers (He is colloquially called 'Guru' by the Indians). He is the 10th house (career, role, status) ruler in the 4th house (home, school, land, root culture). Teaching is the most obvious way to read that. That can take a number of forms.

I think perhaps because your Sun is rather weak by dignity and obscure in the 8th house. There is a tendency to 'hide your light'. Could be a weak 'ego structure'.

chei star

I'd say 8 and 10.

Jupiter is the natural significator of teachers (He is colloquially called 'Guru' by the Indians). He is the 10th house (career, role, status) ruler in the 4th house (home, school, land, root culture). Teaching is the most obvious way to read that. That can take a number of forms.

I think perhaps because your Sun is rather weak by dignity and obscure in the 8th house. There is a tendency to 'hide your light'. Could be a weak 'ego structure'.

Thank you.. Teaching is indeed my "practical" profession that I intend to enter into at the end of my studies.

I know nothing of an alternative house system. Well I am aware that it exists but I don't know why or how. I have never seen myself as an 8th house type person... for me that's like telling me that my rising sign is Virgo and not Aries. But I am open to exploring different methods of interpretation.

IleneK

Premium Member
I'd say 8 and 10.

Are you using a sidereal chart for your analysis?

Moog

Thank you.. Teaching is indeed my "practical" profession that I intend to enter into at the end of my studies.

I know nothing of an alternative house system. Well I am aware that it exists but I don't know why or how. I have never seen myself as an 8th house type person... for me that's like telling me that my rising sign is Virgo and not Aries. But I am open to exploring different methods of interpretation.

Different parts of us 'come out' at different times in our life.

I would expect a Venus 'dasha' (a period of time ruled by the planet) to bring 8th house matters to life most strongly.

I put your data into my software, and I find that you were born into a Venus dasha, but only experienced a very short segment of it, 2 years-ish.

chei star

Different parts of us 'come out' at different times in our life.

I would expect a Venus 'dasha' (a period of time ruled by the planet) to bring 8th house matters to life most strongly.

I put your data into my software, and I find that you were born into a Venus dasha, but only experienced a very short segment of it, 2 years-ish.

When is the next Venus 'dasha'?

Moog

When is the next Venus 'dasha'?

Well the major one would be most relevant. You won't see another of those unless you live to 2091

But you're running a Mars/Venus period right now though, how about that.

Astrology could certainly be considered 8th house relevant, as an occult science we use to investigate the 'mysteries'

chei star

Astrology could certainly be considered 8th house relevant, as an occult science we use to investigate the 'mysteries'

I have four planets in Scorpio, and Neptune making soft aspect to most of them including Sun, Mercury and Pluto so of course I am going to be drawn towards the mystical things in life, the unknown and occult/psychic arts.

Sun in 7th house cries out to me, it fits me perfectly.

Relationships have been so significant in my life. I have got to places because another person noticed my talents, or another person guided me, or another person helped me.

I am happiest when I have helped someone else.

I am happiest having one friend or loved one round at a time.

None of my closest friends know each other because I prefer one-on-one socialization rather than groups (empty 11th house also).

Pluto, which represents control and power struggles and transformation is in my 7th house. I never felt at one with myself or in fact my true self at all until I learned to equalize the balance of power in my relationships instead of having it all or having none. This transformed me as a person and made me happier.

I think if I had all of those personal planets in the eighth house rather than 7th I would be a very intense, secretive, mysterious person and that is just not me. I am very open about myself. I communicate and express myself openly and honestly.

I appreciate your method of Astrology however I have not explored alternative methods as I am certain I have found the right one for me already.

chei star

Also, Moog, I don't mean to discredit anything you have said. What works for one person may not work for another. You got my occupation right, after all.