What should I be looking out for? Synastry

quattlestrologyy

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to read this, it is greatly appreciated!

So a little over a month ago, I posted a picture on instagram and a guy that I had worked a few summers ago slid into my DMs. I was very attracted to him when we first met, and based on his actions and our coworkers at the time, and what he eventually told me, he felt the same. I was interested in pursuing him but as the summer ended we both went back to school in different parts of the country and moved on with our lives.

Anyway, fast forward now, we've pretty much been talking for the last month and some change, and it's been amazinggggg so far. I've been saying that I wanted my next love interest to have some strong Aquarius placements because I've been wanting to experience 8th house synastry and man, this is just...everything. His Sun is in my 7th but exactly conjunct my 8th house cusp, based on Placidus house system. In Whole Signs it's fully in my 8th house. His Mars is also in my 8th either way. I definitely feel the intensity that is talked about with those overlays.

I've been involved in some serious and intense romantic situations before but it's so different with him. And the thing that gets me the most is that despite the stereotypes about Aquarius men being cold, distant, etc, he is SUPER affectionate and complimentative with me. I chalk it up to my Mars being in his 2nd house, but it could also be his Pisces Venus trine my Moon and Ascendant by aspect, and trine my Venus by sign? Physical touch is big for him, no surprise there, Taurus Moon. He can't keep his hands off me when we're together, either sexually or non sexually.

We have such. great. sex!! Like I knew it was gonna be good based off the chemistry we had. Then I pulled the synastry and that confirmed it even more. But Lord have mercy when it HAPPENED! Ugh, I've never experienced anything like this. He's addicting in so many ways. That Mars in 8th house hits differentttttt.

He's very smart, and has a wide range of interests, which you know my Gemini sun LIVES for. He's so different than a lot of the people I've been involved with before. He's young but so goal driven, work is a big focus in his life. Which I love (my Capricorn descendant I guess haha.) But he also knows how to have a good ******* time! Shoutout to Jupiter in his 5th.

Since we've gotten involved he's influenced positive changes in me, though I'm not sure if he's aware. I've started waking up a lot earlier, which has been preparing me for my promotion at work that I just confirmed 2 days ago :) I also am seriously invested in going back to school to finish my degree in the fall.

I guess I'm asking what are the negatives I should be preparing for, if any? Or am I projecting trust issues and past negative experiences? In Placidus only my Ascendant is in his 12th house, but in Whole Signs, my Moon, Venus and Ascendant are there. Is that the cause of my trust issues or would that be moreso on his end? Is there a shoe I should be waiting to drop or is it in my head?

I'm really just trying to give this a chance, because truthfully he's embodying every characteristic I look for in a partner. But I'm also trying to protect myself because I know just how scary love can be.

I posted our synastry charts in both Placidus and Whole Signs simply based on the way his sun is sitting in between houses. Based on my research it says I should look at it from a Whole Sign point of view, which I don't mind. But 1, I practice with Placidus mostly and 2, that moves a lot of my placements from his 11th to 12th house. But I am completely open to hearing any interpretation of our charts!

Thanks sooooo much again!

Attachments

• astro_61gw_taylor_quattlebaum_logan_hw.78574.18837.jpg
    astro_61gw_taylor_quattlebaum_logan_hw.78574.18837.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 17
  • charttt.jpg
    charttt.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 25

IleneK

Premium Member
Two preliminary matters.

Regarding the choice of house system, which describes YOUR natal best, Placidus, with your planets in the 1st, or Whole Sign which moves them into the 12th?

Also, I would like to see the degree placements of the planets in order to more easily view how close the synastry is? Would you mind to put up the natals that show the degrees?

Last edited:

quattlestrologyy

My moon and Venus are in the 12th with Placidus and 1st with Whole Signs, but I resonate mostly with Placidus. Not even just to try to be "mysterious" or "intriguing" as people love to claim, it's not a walk in the park with all that 12H energy lol. But based on my life experience, those 12th house placements really resonate with me, in both very positive and negative ways. I was just trying to show both charts for the sake of his Sun being soooo "in between."

And no, I don't mind! Here are both our natal charts :)

Attachments

• astro_2gw_logan.2494.40121.jpg
    astro_2gw_logan.2494.40121.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 17
  • astro_2gw_taylor_quattlebaum.258.30048.jpg
    astro_2gw_taylor_quattlebaum.258.30048.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 17