Does anyone relate more to their sun's house than sun sign?

noxflisk

I've got an 8th house sun in Sagittarius, and 8th house Mercury in Sagittarius. I also have Pluto in Sagittarius.
I feel like all of my Sagittarian traits have heavy Plutonian influences. They seem to blend pretty seamlessly, though the Scorpio/8th/Pluto is more dominant than the Sagittarius, and I often relate more with Scorpios/Scorpio traits than Sagittarians/Sagittarian traits.
(I also have about 80% Aquarius in my chart, and I relate to that about equally as much as Scorpio.)

booboo

I also have a sun/mercury/venus in 8th house but I cant say I relate more to it it just shows in a different way- for instance my behavior is more libran (like my sun sign suggests) while my motivations to a great extent are scorpio influenced, that is, the sign shows for me the outer and the house-the inner. Though that could be because I have a fairly strong scorpio presence in my chart.

frescas

Yes, definitely.. I was thinking about this today, actually.

I'm not this glamorous, superficial, generous person that my sun in leo would suggest. I'm a hard worker and pessimist (sun opposite saturn), someone who puts education first and is curious a lot (conjunct mercury and chiron) and *above all* I'm someone who cares most about herself - who is alone a lot and doesn't feel like she needs friends or allies. I do my own things. My sun is in the first house, and I can tell you I really think I'm more of an aries person. I'm super playful, childish, I have thick full hair and people think I'm full of myself most of the time (when they don't actually know me - after that they know I'm modest about things) and though this might correspond with leo, it also does with aries.

ashriia

A few things should be looked at.

1.How your sun is aspected. (mostly harmonious? inharmonious?)
2. Rising Decan.
3.Which house your chart ruler is in and how it is aspected.
4. any planets on an angle.

These factors will be important on your personality/appearance and your perception of yourself.

noxflisk

Post chart

XF6Casr.gif

Krewster

Like Ashriia said, its in the aspects (etc maybe)...

Your Sun's tightest aspect is a 7 min orbed Sun semi-octile Pluto (i.e., one-half of a semi-square)...

You can read up on Sun 90 Pluto and tone down to taste...but it sounds like you're already there in your astro-self-labeling...good instincts..!

Osamenor

Staff member
Must be an 8th house/fire sign thing. I have a Leo sun in the eighth house, and I went through more than half of my life so far thinking astrology must be bunk because my personality did not match what Leos are supposed to be. The first time I ever consulted an astrologer (informally, in an online forum), he told me that Leos with Capricorn rising look much less Leo than "typical." Bingo. Between Capricorn rising and sun in the eighth house, I have some very different notes than outgoing, freewheeling Leo around my sun sign.

If your sun is in a fire sign and in the eighth house, your ascendant is most likely in an earth sign. I see from the chart you posted that you have Taurus rising--that bears it out right there. That combination of a fire sign sun and an earth sign ascendant would be enough in and of itself to make you look much less like a fire sign and more like a serious, practical, earth sign. And if your sun is in the eighth house, you have those serious otherworldly notes to your sun sign, which, again, clashes with the typical fire sign message.

My first astrologer friend told me that my eighth house sun made it as if my sun sign were 50% Leo and 50% Scorpio. In your case, it would be 50% Sagittarius and 50% Scorpio. Does that seem to fit?

Not only that, your sun is near the cusp of Capricorn. When you're born on the cusp, your sun sign has some of the characteristics of both signs. So you have some Capricorn energy influencing your sun as well.

LyP

can be ... I think I'm very pisces
I am almost everything that could be related to pisces
although I do not like a lot of people pisces sun

I think this should make sense

Blaze

Account Closed
I've got a pretty weak sun position. It's in the third house, but close to the IC. Never felt like a Gemini, ever. If anything, I feel more like a Capricorn.

I've got Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and my MC in Capricorn. Neptune and Uranus make good aspects with my Taurus asc, while Saturn makes a Trine to my Venus.