I have Mars conjunct Asc, but why do I come off as weak?

Metaphysica

Reading your chart, you would appear to have a strong character. Your moon in the 7th can make you sensitive to the moods of others, which others may be aware of.
the Sabian symbol for 24virgo is "Mary and her white lamb". That alone suggests an innocence to your character. This is a symbol of "self-adequacy of experience on the inner or subjective side" and when positive this degree is "a highly ingenuous creativity by which an individual is able to make all contact with others a worthwhile relationship of self." It's practical, social, and responsible.
The symbol for your mars degree is 28virgo "A bald headed man." This is a symbol of "a simple satisfaction in the inner rather than outer manifestations of reality." And when positive, this is a degree of "accomplishment through completeness of self-mastery, and a rigid control of others".
So taken together, they both hint at "inner" self, and a matter of self control and being capable of making good associations with people. That would explain why people take the impression they do from meeting you. And I'm sure once the relationship develops, other aspects of your personality come out.
Besides that, how do they react to you? Do they take advantage of you in any way? or call you names?
Hope this helps.

ashriia

your chart ruler mercury is in cancer. which is likely why you come across as shy and on the sensitive end. and don't mistake violent behavior with being strong. if anything that is a sign of internal weakness and insecurity. real strength comes from within and will stand the test of time.

dude123

Banned
But could it possibly have something to do with my Relocated Ascendant, too? I don't know if I believe in it...but it seems to be pretty accurate.

I heard that the Relocated Ascendant has a "modifying" effect and could change the way how others perceive you.

Vista

As a general rule, Virgo ASC do not come across as very forward lor "out there." Since Mars is also in Virgo where it isn't at it's best, it would also take on this characteristic. You could look on the bright side, what you described of your personality, you could be someone who gets away with things others wouldn't be able to simply because you are in the background.

Shouldn't people perceive me as strong and aggressive? But I get the opposite reactions when in public, especially at school.

For example, when people meet me for the first time, they often tell me that I come off as shy and quiet. Some people even say that they can't ever imagine me being violent, because apparently, I appear too innocent. Which doesn't make any sense, as I have Mars conjunct Asc and I'm supposed to appear like a bad guy!!! And yes, I am 100% sure my time of birth IS correct.

I'm no where near nice. If I get mad, I'll lash out at everyone and break things around the place. I'M NOT A WEAK PERSON AT ALL!!! I'm just confused, because the way people perceive me doesn't match with my natal chart. Could there be anything in my chart over-powering the Mars effects to my ascendant? Because I can totally FEEL the Mars aggression deep within me, but other people apparently, don't see it.

Oh wait...I think I might know the problem. Could it have anything to do with the fact that I moved somewhere else? I've never believe much in Relocation Astrology, but the more I look into it, the more it makes sense!

For example, I was born in California, which makes me a Virgo Rising with Mars conjunct Asc. But I moved to the east coast when I was a kid, so now my Ascendant changed from Virgo to Libra, and my Mars gets shifted to the 12th house...which is the "hidden" house. COULD THAT BE WHY PEOPLE AREN'T SEEING MY MARS???

Here's my natal chart:

View attachment 37460

Here's my Relocation Chart:

View attachment 37459

dude123

Banned
Besides that, how do they react to you? Do they take advantage of you in any way? or call you names?

I was bullied a few times in middle school because I looked like an easy target. And yes, they did called me names.

But I was always very tough and fought back and defended myself. One time the bully got freaked out because he didn't think I would be so aggressive when provoked. That definitely surprised him! :)

dude123

Banned
As a general rule, Virgo ASC do not come across as very forward lor "out there." Since Mars is also in Virgo where it isn't at it's best, it would also take on this characteristic. You could look on the bright side, what you described of your personality, you could be someone who gets away with things others wouldn't be able to simply because you are in the background.

But Mars is angular in my chart, which makes it accidentally dignified. So, that makes it more strong and acts similarly to an Aries Mars.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
But Mars is angular in my chart, which makes it accidentally dignified. So, that makes it more strong and acts similarly to an Aries Mars.

Accidental dignity, angular and rising, does give your Mars more power, but that does not make your Mars in Virgo act similarly to Mars in Aries. It only makes it stronger in its own nature.

JUPITERASC

Although an angular Mars is strong because of having the ability to act, a Virgo Mars lacks much dignity.

Virgo Mars ONLY has dignity in the final six degrees of Virgo :smile:

So this particular natal Mars has only minor essential dignity

Furthermore, Virgo is the natural home aka domicile of Mercury and natal Mercury also lacks much essential dignity in Cancer where it has only minor essential dignity by term and face IF located in the relevant degree of Cancer. This particular natal Mercury has no essential dignity as it is NOT located in either its own term or face. ALSO this particular natal moon has no essential dignity in Aries.

Therefore this natal Mars, although strongly placed to act, lacks dignity and CANNOT 'act similarly to an Aries Mars'

TABLE OF ESSENTIAL DIGNITY AND DEBILITY - source:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html
dig_sm.gif

StarSeed

Interesting thread.

I also have Mars conjunct ASC. In my case ASC and Mars are in Scorpio, which should make this Mars essentially and accidentally dignified.

HOWEVER I am also perceived as someone who never gets angry, naive, withdrawn, etc. I was consistently bullied at school since nobody would perceive me as dangerous.

I also relocated from my place of birth.

dude123

Banned
Interesting thread.

I also have Mars conjunct ASC. In my case ASC and Mars are in Scorpio, which should make this Mars essentially and accidentally dignified.

HOWEVER I am also perceived as someone who never gets angry, naive, withdrawn, etc. I was consistently bullied at school since nobody would perceive me as dangerous.

I also relocated from my place of birth.

That's really weird.

If you had Mars conjunct Asc AND with Scorpio Rising, you should have come off as a very intimidating person, right? But nope, that isn't the case with you and neither with me.

I dunno...sometimes I feel like the Ascendant and planets in the 1st house don't have anything to do with first impressions at all. Heck, I don't even know if I still believe in Astrology...there are just some things about my chart that doesn't seem to make sense. :/

Unless, of course, the Relocated Ascendant have something to do with it, which nobody has really said anything or given much thought about it on this thread other than me.

Last edited:

gen6k

your mars ruler is almost detriment. ghandi or some serial killers have mars in libra.

it basically where mars is harder to understand because it weighs the situation away from the self. this is partially where ghandi's ego dissolution comes from he didnt eat for himself, and left tons of material type of thingz.

the mars ruler is in cancer connected to this uranus/neptune in opposition. the mars is also connected to uranus/neptune.

the mars is connected to some powerful planets, but also soft planets. its connected to sun, pluto, but also venus and uranus/neptune. uranus/neptune to mars for men seems to make them more wirey and feminine. capricorn is also supposed to be a feminine sign, but it also carries solid build.

another thing that softens you is sun trine moon even if these are both in masculine signs it makes your sun more lunar orientated.

i wouldnt say you look weak. maybe you are talking about this grand cross.
this grand cross is your emotional problems, you dont have aggressive or bodily problems in the first place, they stem from cardinal cross of venus, moon, uranus/neptune, jupiter. the moon in the grand cross is the most masculine sign while jupiter in libra, venus in cancer, uranus/neptune in capricorn are more dreamy,intellect,emotional.

okay so since this Mars is also near Libra. the libra ruler is venus in cancer as well.

this mercury in cancer from Virgo mars and this half venus in cancer energy shows as a dimension of your mars.

your ascendant ruler is also mercury in cancer.

its important to check other things like midpoints, declination, parallels, strength, etc

for sun you have
venus-mc ssx
uranus-nn ssq
neptune-nn ssq

your mars is setting in declination.

your mars is about 5th place in your chart
after moon, asc, uranus,neptune

oh and your sun has 10 degree conjunctions to chiron and mercury.

Last edited: