soulmate returned. Nature of relationship question

obscuredemerald

This has been a very strange time for me. I rekindled an old friendship with someone whom I feel very connected to and see as a karmic relationship. In fact, our synastry indicates a karmic or fated nature to our relationship. This person happened to remind me of my 2nd love...someone who I believe is a soulmate.

That soulmate recently came back into my life in the last month or so. He apologized for his wrongs, and tonight he called me. It was a wonderful call full of good things where he told me that he loved me, and loved and appreciated my existence. He even said that if he were to die tomorrow, he'd die happier knowing that we had made amends and were in a better place. We are going to be friends only, as both he and I are too emotionally hurt from our first loves to actually come together and be able to be something....and messed up in general.

But I still wonder about why he resurfaced now. We spoke for hours and plan on maybe meeting tomorrow. So I cast a chart with the question of "what will happen?"

I used the 7th house as he is still someone that I love deeply on a level that is more than just reserved for friends----I cant' help that. It's love on a deeper level, always.

He is Mercury, and I am Jupiter. Funny, because I'm a Gemini, and in this chart, I'm in the 9th house in Virgo while the 7th house is in Gemini. He is Mercury, and sits in my First House conjunct the Sun and Pluto in Sagittarius. Pluto in my first house would mean that I am vulnerable as the Querent and may also show complication. The Sun perhaps represents him as a male? I'm not sure.

Jupiter is stated as to being in fateful degrees on this chart.

Mercury trines Jupiter in the 9th house. Which should be a good aspect, although both are peregrine, and the aspect is separating dexter.
Venus is conjunct the Asc, but squares Jupiter and the N and S. Node.

Am I seeing this right? Shouldn't this speak of a good thing? I'm not sure exactly what, but it appears good. If we were to only remain friends, I'd be ok with that.

similarly, does venus square node mean anything?

Thank you in advance for any help

http://www.astrowin.org/online_calcs_db/scripts/downloads/58f191aa59b5923a8e870375edebfafb.png

Attachments

• J and D.jpg
    J and D.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
Hi obsuredemerald: The relationship will not go anywhere. Mercury is leaving the trine with Jupiter showing the possibility but it will not happen. Venus square Jupiter is also showing a no. Looking at the dignities of Mercury you have Moon in detriment and Jupiter in fall again showing it is highly unlikely this will be a lasting relationship. As you pointed out, both planets are perigrine which means having little to offer or ability to act.

Jupiter is in rulership and exaltation of Mercury and it must feel overwhelmingly like the real deal, like this has to happen. Best to move slowly and cautiously.

Best wishes,

Moondance

Kitchy

Banned
Hello -

Old friends and lovers often return temporarily into one's life when Mercury is retrograde in transit.

His ruler Merc is moving backwards in your 1st house and back towards Pluto - which gives you that powerful sense 'this must mean something'. Though it indicates those feelings were there - "the dying happy just knowing you were in my life" thing.

Although his ruler Merc is trining your ruler Jupiter now, it is backing away, not moving forward to meet you - Jupiter.

Jupiter is also in his 4th house of endings. This says to me that he is finishing up old business with you, not intending to starting something anew.

I would say, if anything, with Mars in his 5th of turned chart - he might be hankering for a sexual encounter, one last fling? But as Moon is opposing Mars - it doesn't appear it will happen, or if it does, it will not be fulfilling beyond that, one last fling, as Venus is squaring his ruler - any sexual intentions he has will be thwarted because of the opposition to that 5th Mars in his turned chart and the Moon in your 5th - your question.

Sometimes when Mercury retro brings old loves into our lives, it can serve no purpose other than memories of the past being revisited.

Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
Jupiter is only in fall in Capricorn.

Yes, and Mercury is in Capricorn so Jupiter is considered in Mercury's fall. If Mercury were in Cancer then we would say Jupiter was in Mercury's exaltation and Jupiter would be highly regarded by Mercury.

Last edited:

duenderoja

Yes, and Mercury is in Capricorn so Jupiter is considered in Mercury's fall. If Mercury were in Cancer then we would say Jupiter was in Mercury's exaltation and Jupiter would be highly regarded by Mercury.

I follow Frawley, so everything you just said made no sense. I apologize.

duenderoja

Here is your paragraph, rewritten correctly.

Mercury is in Capricorn, so Mercury is in Jupiter's fall. If Mercury were in cancer, Mercury would be in Jupiter's exaltation. In this latter case, Jupiter is highly exalted by mercury.