Starting over..

Prominent

So I recently moved back in with my parents after spending nearly 5 years on my own. It feels weird and depressing as if everything I have done previously on my own had been a waste or didn't matter. I've questioned whether I want to continue pursuing my artistic talents and doing the things I normally do if all it usually gets me is nothing in return, or at least nothing that amounts to the kinds of recognition or feeling of belonging/appreciation I desire.
It has made me really uncertain of myself and now more than ever I feel as if I don't know what I'm doing. I feel like I know a lot and that the things I have to say are pertinent, but at the same time I don't see myself fitting in with everyone even though I would like to be in some way.
How does one start over? should they?.. I'm not really sure what direction to go, and I thought this move would help, but I'm having doubts now because all I get now is sick feelings deep in my stomach and throat like something is dying inside.
Any advice is arppeciated.

Astrallica

You just moved recently, things are still not yet fully sorted. It's okay to "reset" and start over. Anything worthwhile takes time especially when you're in a creative field. A wise fortune cookie once told me "Don't mistake a single defeat for the final defeat." What do you mean when you say you feel like you don't fit in with everyone? What are you trying to accomplish?

Prominent

You just moved recently, things are still not yet fully sorted. It's okay to "reset" and start over. Anything worthwhile takes time especially when you're in a creative field. A wise fortune cookie once told me "Don't mistake a single defeat for the final defeat." What do you mean when you say you feel like you don't fit in with everyone? What are you trying to accomplish?
I just feel like I live on another world or something. That things I do or think aren't well received and at the same time I don't know how to accept everything else that conflicts with me and tries to make my angle irrelevant.
It's just frustrating to have to be surrounded by so many things that don't excite me or motivate me in any way- it all just makes me feel suppressed and constricted like there's no room to breath and be myself. And it's not like I know what I should be doing either because I'm getting nowhere. It makes me feel like whatever I do won't matter because in order to be me I have to be the things that others are less likely to care about. It just feels like a lonely journey that's never going to end.

StillOne

It's good to start over sometimes. I've started over many times. Think I'm on version 4.0 now :lol: Not as in moving back with my parents 4 times but as in restarting and reconfiguring my life. I think you should post a chart with transits. :joyful:

Lazy Cat

Prominent, I don't know what to tell you, but I'd like to say that I completely relate.

I still live with my mom (never moved out), arts have always been my thing, but I never figured out what I really want to do, or what my purpose might be. I feel like I've been walking in a fog, no idea where I'm going.
And I don't just feel lost, I feel trapped, cause there's no end in sight.
I used to be a happy person, most of the time. Now I'm just ok half of the time, the other half I'm depressed.

So.... just wanted to tell you, you're not the only one...

powerion

this must be relative! I to have "been really uncertain of myself and now more than ever I feel as if I don't know what I'm doing. I feel like I know a lot and that the things I have to say are pertinent, but at the same time I don't see myself fitting in with everyone even though I would like to be in some way.

Man this is so relative to us all right now thanks my friend and I hope I can help..I too often feel uncertain

"I will not be concerned by men not knowing me. I will be concerned by my own lack of ability" "He who does not anticipate attempts to deceive him"

Imo you're coming from 5 years of being on your own...not anticipating certain things because you have been with your dreams, anticipating those good things but now you're with family, do not be concerned, but know here above all, you should be anticipating, and that anticipation should be many things like love, warmth, smiles, no void thinking.

Prominent

It's good to start over sometimes. I've started over many times. Think I'm on version 4.0 now :lol: Not as in moving back with my parents 4 times but as in restarting and reconfiguring my life. I think you should post a chart with transits. :joyful:
What do you mean chart with transits? I'm not that familiar with astrology terminology.
this? http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=30277&d=1339457455

Lazy Cat, thanks. I consider myself lucky for having been able to move out in the first place. I'm not that confident I'll be able to do it again soon because it seems like a lot is changing- I'm not sure if I fit in or if my talents are still useful. I may have to change professions, but I don't know which one.
If you get a chance to move, it would be a good experience to have.

Powerion, thanks.. That anticipation advice sounds very useful to keep in mind. I often feel like I have nothing to look forward to, but I can see how finding a way to be anticipating something would help me. I'll need to find some way to do this for sure!

Last edited:
it could be worse.... you could live in a predominately small, close minded hick town of the Southeast. you could be a starving, one legged penisless boy born with aids in sub Saharan Africa where everyone believes in the power of now and the law of attraction.

so, therefore, you should, and so should I myself, realize our wonderful opportunities to do that which we dream of. by trying again if at first we do not succeed.

if people do not appreciate you then leave them in past. forget about them. there are lots of more people all around to share with.

Becca

Hello Prominent.

I've visited your site for a few minutes and flicked through your art. It's needless to say that you can draw, but the thing with art is that it has to be noticed and appreciated during an artists life in order for him to make a living out of it. That's my opinion, and i'm sorry if it's offensive to anyone.
So, here is what you could try to do. You could continue being an artist. If that's what you truly want, you should find a way to cash it in. One of my best friends is an artist (not self-thought though). You could start drawing the kind of pictures people usually buy. In my country that's mostly still nature. If you draw disturbing faces, your market will consist of emos and people listening to metal, so you won't earn much. The sad thing about art today is that is often brings money once it lessens its uniqueness. I've also seen that you have learned something about animating your images. Maybe you could switch your career to graphic designer. Go visit popular sites, of famous brands, etc., and see what they're like. Or maybe you could create for games, your animated image reminds me of something from a game.

If you'd like to completely change your career path, go post your chart with transits in vocational sector of this forum. There are many people here who can read charts for career paths well. I know one is supposed to look at MC, its ruler, 6th house and its ruler, etc., but it's all brand new to me, so, unfortunately, I still can't do it.

I wish you much luck and progress in your career. Hang on in there.

StillOne

What do you mean chart with transits? I'm not that familiar with astrology terminology.
this? http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=30277&d=1339457455
Hey there prominent, sorry I missed this. At astro.com, in the extended chart selection (which is free to join), it allows you cast a chart with many adjustable variables including a natal chart with transits. A drop down menu will allow for this.

Transits can help give you a current snapshot of what the planets are doing now in relation to your natal chart.

Hope this helps.

Prominent

I'll try to do that Fifth house.

Becca, that's kind of what I've done in the past(graphic design for games). But it had worn me out and I became tired of it. Though I'm trying to build up motivation to do more.. It's difficult trying to find something that is meaningful to work on when there is so much junk out in the world making it seem as if your things are just going to become covered up and overlooked. I have to try and remember to do what suites me and try to honor that maybe?
I currently want to get a decent video camera to work on a documentary where I try to make a comic book.. so that's my current focus.. hopefully I can earn some money for it, because I think it will help motivate me and give me reasons to get out and record myself doing things.
If anyone wants some graphics done for themselves.. feel free to contact me(if you're willing to pay for it :) )..

I'll have to check that out Stillone.

Neptune Rising

I've questioned whether I want to continue pursuing my artistic talents and doing the things I normally do if all it usually gets me is nothing in return, or at least nothing that amounts to the kinds of recognition or feeling of belonging/appreciation I desire.

Its great to stop and re-evaluate from time to time, these are the times in our lives where we have a choice, where to go next. Take your time in this process and really tune into what you really want to do. I don't know your financial situation, you may need to make some cash, or you may not. Lol, those sounds like orders, not mean't to be... they are just my suggestions.

What sprung out about your above paragraph, in bold, why do you need to get appreciation from eternal sources? Your artistic talents primarily come from your heart, they shouldn't be dependent on external praise, that should be a by product of you producing what really resonates from within. I know an artist who sells loads of paintings. He just paints and paints, from his heart, he likes some, he dislikes others, and he gets the feedback from people who look at them. The feedback doesn't change how he feels about himself, or his paintings. He's been painting years though.

If you are wanting "recognition or feeling of belonging/appreciation" to come from outside, you may have a long wait. People will reflect how you feel about yourself, so maybe look for those wonderful qualities in yourself.

You have Jupiter in Pisces (like me) trine Pluto in Scorpio in your chart, this I've read is a success aspect, but you do have to work for it as well, though you have a natural artistic talent. Don't let the fact that you are not getting recognised from others (yet) stop you or let you give up. Carry on.