Enemies - where to look

Flapjacks

The 7th house is the house of enemies as well as marriage and partnerships. Where else in a chart would you look for animosity with others?

I have Sag on my 7th house cusp, conjunct Saturn in the 6th, and Uranus in the 7th house. I make what I might call institutional enemies. I offend academic or academia related organizations and they, in turn, seek to destroy me. At least, it is becoming a theme.

I am hoping that by looking into enemy dynamics of natal, or other, charts might help naviagate my latest run-in. I have conflicting results at my work on testing done by this global, phD-filled private institution of patented superiority, so now I am in their cross-hairs. I am afraid it is going to blow up into a legal dispute. :sad:

waybread

Jupiter as a ruler of higher education square Uranus in the 7th might be one place to look. Are you seen as an iconoclast or s*** disturber?

Of course, the 12th house rules secret enemies, but your 12th house looks relatively benign.

Your moon in the 9th house of higher education seems well-placed, but it's in an out-of-sign T-square with Pluto and your sun-Mercury. You might have legitimate objective evidence of people out to destroy your career. But with sun square Pluto, you are also sort of hard-wired to think of inter-personal dynamics as consisting of winners and losers in a zero-sum game.

I say this because I am a retired academic with sun opposite Pluto, and I had the hard evidence to show that some Plutonian alpha male (or would-be alpha male) types were out to cut me off at the knees.

Then one day I woke up, and realized that I am all of the planets in my horoscope, including Pluto. And that as long as I denied my own ruthless internal Pluto qualities, I would attract negative Plutonian people into my life-- because the chart will express itself in some fashion. Truly, the "enemy" is out there when we do not fully process what is in ourselves that we don't like. See if you've disowned your inner Pluto, and if so, do your best to own it.

At its best, sun-Pluto is a major stand for self transformation. (sun=self, Pluto=deep transformation.)

I couldn't quite figure out from your final paragraph what was going on with your research, or who is your employer. If you are employed at a university as a faculty member, for example, you probably have access to support from a colleague or grievance officer supplied by your union or faculty association. If you are in a science field, you are probably working as part of a team, so I wonder what is their situation and relationship with you.

One of the best things you can do now is stop looking at or for enemies. This is a hard battle to win if you deal with more powerful senior academics. Start looking for allies, and the prospects for a win-win situation. Remember that the 7th is the house of partnerships as well as marriage and open enemies.

Last edited:

Sweet Pea

Well explained, Waybread, and backed up by this Jung quote I copied from the Presidential thread ....

Everything that irritates us about others
can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.
There is no coming to consciousness without pain.
People will do anything, no matter how absurd,
in order to avoid facing their own Soul.
Everyone carries a Shadow,
and the less it is embodied in the individual’s conscious life,
the blacker and denser it is.
When an inner situation is not made conscious,
it appears outside as fate.

Carl G. Jung

So, use some of your shadow attributes, just as Waybread explained.

Flapjacks

Thank you for the wisdom waybread and sweet pea. Pluto adds an obsessive streak, especially when danger is sensed. It is a reaction to powerlessness.

The organization I am referring to is a competitor. They are trying to take a client from us. I am the client's main contact and developed a program just for them. They like us and trust us, but asked this other company to provide services we couldn't. When that happened I became nervous because I already knew how aggressive this company is from dealing with them before.

Like I thought, this company tried to get them to switch completely to them and marketed products our client doesn't think are very good. So they started a comparison study between us and just now broke that news to the other company.

I have experience with organizations lashing out when they believe their reputation is questioned. It does scare me, and I don't want to be involved with a business like that.

The client forwarded correspondence with the other company to me so I could help answer questions, and the VP of this company branch is throwing all these confusing scare tactics at them - even using all caps in an email - and I find it unprofessional and a red flag.

Our client wants us to collaborate, but I know this is not how this company plays ball. All I can do is try to be as aboveboard as possible and do everything right so we can protect ourselves, and hope eventually our client will get fed up with them.

I wish paranoia wasn't justified.

waybread

Flapjacks, if you are in the business world, you know how primal competition is. Was it Karl Marx who talked about capitalism as "red in tooth and claw"? So I doubt that any of this is at all personal from the competition's perspective. Your firm has a lucrative client. The competitor wants the client and is working hard to get it.

The situation does sound very Plutonian. But I don't think it has anything to do with enemies in a horoscopic sense. You wrote:

All I can do is try to be as aboveboard as possible and do everything right so we can protect ourselves, and hope eventually our client will get fed up with them.

This sounds like a plan. And maybe adding, being very customer-service oriented. With your Cancer sun trine Jupiter, you are probably good at making people feel that you look after them.

Hopefully you're talking the situation over with your supervisor. S/he may have additional authority to make your company's product/services more competitive.

Also, I checked your chart against transits. I may have missed something, but it appears to me that some of the bigger ones are not now right on-target. You might check your progressions and solar arcs to see if anything is getting a direct hit just now. That will show where to get to work in your life.

In the meantime, see what you can do now to clear your head and restore some practical grounding to your Capricorn moon. With your retrograde Mars, you are probably too hard on yourself.

I don't know why, but sometimes when I look at a chart, I get a strong visual or gut-level sensation. I try to pay attention to it in the hope that it means something to the chart native. Have you ever had a rock collection, even as a kid, or are you attracted to gems and minerals? I have this image of two hands each holding a rough gray rock, and getting a sense of power from them. Saturn, the planetary ruler of Capricorn also rules rocks. Pluto co-rules minerals that come from under the earth. Maybe just try meditating with a rock in each hand, and see if you find it grounding.

Let us know how your competitor issue works out.

Last edited:

Flapjacks

Flapjacks, if you are in the business world, you know how primal competition is. Was it Karl Marx who talked about capitalism as "red in tooth and claw"? So I doubt that any of this is at all personal from the competition's perspective. Your firm has a lucrative client. The competitor wants the client and is working hard to get it.

The situation does sound very Plutonian. But I don't think it has anything to do with enemies in a horoscopic sense. You wrote:

This sounds like a plan. And maybe adding, being very customer-service oriented. With your Cancer sun trine Jupiter, you are probably good at making people feel that you look after them.

Hopefully you're talking the situation over with your supervisor. S/he may have additional authority to make your company's product/services more competitive.

Also, I checked your chart against transits. I may have missed something, but it appears to me that some of the bigger ones are not now right on-target. You might check your progressions and solar arcs to see if anything is getting a direct hit just now. That will show where to get to work in your life.

In the meantime, see what you can do now to clear your head and restore some practical grounding to your Capricorn moon. With your retrograde Mars, you are probably too hard on yourself.

I don't know why, but sometimes when I look at a chart, I get a strong visual or gut-level sensation. I try to pay attention to it in the hope that it means something to the chart native. Have you ever had a rock collection, even as a kid, or are you attracted to gems and minerals? I have this image of hands holding two two rocks, and getting a sense of power from them. Saturn, the planetary ruler of Capricorn also rules rocks. Maybe just try meditating with a rock in each hand, and see if you find it grounding.

Thanks waybread, that is such helpful advice. You do know how to speak to a cap moon, haha.

I am not taking it personally, but know it is personally affecting. Having a personal investment in my clients is what allows me to gain their trust and do my best for them. I think they see that and are kinder for it.

I hate the business world for making competition into war. It happens too often. Competition can be healthly if there is respect, but the abandonment of respect and principles to get ahead is what bothers me. Aries ideals come to mind. There is room for all of us here.

This company goes out of their way to try to insult us and make us seem incompetent. The client and our business is small, so we have some kindred understanding of trying to make it among big players like international conglomerates.

I am going to do as you say and try to stay grounded. Usually that means reading naturalist literature, hiking around, and making art. Incidentally, I draw rocks, gems and mountains as subjects because it is very calming. I think I would wither away without mountains around me. :)

Than you again. I wasn't expecting advice, so if discussion continues about enemies in charts that would be a good purpose for this thread.

swanswings

The 7th house is the house of enemies as well as marriage and partnerships. Where else in a chart would you look for animosity with others?

I have Sag on my 7th house cusp, conjunct Saturn in the 6th, and Uranus in the 7th house. I make what I might call institutional enemies. I offend academic or academia related organizations and they, in turn, seek to destroy me. At least, it is becoming a theme.

I am hoping that by looking into enemy dynamics of natal, or other, charts might help naviagate my latest run-in. I have conflicting results at my work on testing done by this global, phD-filled private institution of patented superiority, so now I am in their cross-hairs. I am afraid it is going to blow up into a legal dispute. :sad:

Welless and well-being to you and all whom you love.

Imagine that you are living in a house with windows that face in all directions; however, all of those with whom you live are looking through the western window, so you do as others do.

Consider looking through an eastern window, where in Hindu/Vedic sidereal astrology the 6th is the House of Open Enemies. Yes, in the House of Health wellness is a friend, and illness is an enemy.

In H/V astrology, the 6th is a grief-bringing and growth-promoting house where malefics can actually become benefic, as per math, a negative times a negative becomes positive.

Now, count 6 from the 6th: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. The 11th, traditionally ruled by Saturn, Lord of Karma, is another grief-bringing and growth-promoting house which one source calls the House of Former Enemies (i.e., adversaries in past lives with whom we may be working karmas in this lifetime). Oh my, what might Moon or Sun mean here?

H/V counting routines can provide some unique perspectives which can be applied in the tropical. E.g., put Moon in the 3rd and count six houses: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. A planet in the 8th may act like an open enemy, bringing grief, and promoting growth of conscious awareness.

Best wishes

Osamenor

Staff member
Consider looking through an eastern window, where in Hindu/Vedic sidereal astrology the 6th is the House of Open Enemies.

Interesting... and more often than not, what appears in the sixth house in a Vedic chart appears in the seventh house if the same chart is cast in Western tropical astrology. In Western, the seventh house is open enemies.

JUPITERASC

Interesting... and more often than not, what appears in the sixth house in a Vedic chart
appears in the seventh house if the same chart is cast in Western tropical astrology.
In Western, the seventh house is open enemies.
Sign rulers of houses 6 & 7 are important considerations :smile:
also in Western astrology in ancient times
6th house was linked to enemies as well

Flapjacks

So far, not well. The client whose results conflicted between the two companies has not returned phone calls or emails. I have figured out exactly what needs to be said, but not hearing from them for a week has thrown me off. It gives a sense of dread.

It makes me angry that a competitor would twist facts to seed distrust. It is duplicitous. I am going to be so upset if we lose a major client over this. It has been suggested to me now that a lawsuit might be a course of action.

I cannot see anything outstanding in transit or progression, except progressed moon conjunct transit Neptune Pisces 10th house, opposed natal Venus (6th house ruler).

I am calling the owner of our company and bringing him into it for some guidance after I get more information about where the client is standing. What is interesting is he has natal Mercury and Mars conjunct transit Neptune and my progressed moon.

Neptune is all about misunderstandings. No one in my company understands the methods but me, so it is a lot of pressure. I have spent days combing through data, talking with multiple people, parsing accusations, and tracing events to make sure I understand everything that is going on as well as I am able without ever being an actual part of it... work was subcontracted, and who knows what this company is doing. Their books are totally closed.