After the wrath of Saturn

smilingsteph

:andy::surprised:
Hello all!

To start I have a few questions and I would like to hear how your life has been changed after your Saturn return!

To preface
I have had my Saturn return, Saturn still is at 15degrees Libra 7th house, but it was in retrograde for what seemed like an eternity!

I was wondering:

• They say Saturn returns are from the ages of 28-30 (I know this is a general statement) but can I consider mine over yet? I am 30 now! (thought I would ask :cool:) Again, Saturn is still in my 7th house at 15 degrees.
  • When the Saturn return is over, I know it moves to other areas of one's life, but will it be as intense, as the changes in the Saturn return house?
  • What can one expect after the Saturn return?
-What I have found

Says it will be a time where one builds, a time of solidification of the changes one has made
  • Does this mean more stability will ensue?
My sister wrote in my birthday card:
"I am so proud of the growth you have made in the past few years, may this year bring you more healing, serenity, and happiness than the last"

[Mod edit - thread moved here, as it discusses a planetary return.]

Attachments

• Saturn Return Thread.gif
    Saturn Return Thread.gif
    35.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited by a moderator:

Ajar

I have had my Saturn return, Saturn still is at 15degrees Libra 7th house, but it was in retrograde for what seemed like an eternity!

Hmmmm?
I see your natal Saturn at 7 Virgo.
And your progressed Saturn at 9 Virgo.

This last retrograde movement brought it to just about 14'55'' Virgo which would be within orb to feel, and hopefully, as it moves away you will see some relief. Probably, depends on your sensitivity to the planet, on whether you have learned Saturns lessons, how other planets are aspecting, etc.

But anyway when I went through my first SR, it seemed to affect me for serveral years after the actual return.

My Saturn is at 18 Virgo, so I am in the same boat....

Well saturn gets out of virgo end Oct 09 AND cos I use Equal house from beginning Oct has moved onto your 8th. Not great time for getting a mortgage, pay rise or even for intimate/sexual matters either. I just had this and trust me :crying: things have been pretty **** scarse

Saturn is the Lord of Karma and master teacher, but really he's trying to teach us about ourselves. It wants us to be responsible, hard working, dutiful and learn our Lessons properly, so they won't have to keep being repeated. Therefore, is usually suggests things slowing down, delays, limitations and restrictions so we can learn these Lessons.

What Saturn does is 'test' what is of value to you and what is working in your life. It wants structure and hard work. If something isn't working--- it may well end--- so something better can be put in it's place.

Your prog moon 6' Libra will make you want to focus on communications partnerships and intimate matters and emotionally you may well find things die away, transform etc. 8th is also about 'other people's beliefs to' whereas 2nd are your own personal values, beliefs ---8 th is other people's so you may well find that you will listen, test out, discard and poss take onboard other new appropriate beliefs, values..

Also when your prog Asc changes to Aries will be a time when you are more assertive, self centre, fiery, impatient etc, but whilst in pisces and I've just had my progressed moon thier its all about being over sensitive, quiet time (like 12th) where not much is happening -- that will all change:whistling:

Wow, just notice your SA Jupiter conj moon in7th -- this could bring a new relationship or become overly emotional connected to one to one?
There is a chance in 2years with SA mars conj IC that you may want to move house IF your time of birth is correct.

What happened when SA uranus conj MC about 3yeas ago? did you change jobs, a relationship break?
Saturn Return
Saturn takes 30 years or so to complete its circuit around the zodiac so events that occur around the age of 29-30, 58-59 and 80-81 will be of great significance to the native, depending on the strength and aspects to natal saturn.
http://www.newage-directory.com/saturn.html
http://www.astrologycom.com/saturn.html
http://www.saturnreturn.net/what_is.html
http://www.examiner.com/x-2766-Atlan...-Saturn-return

http://www.lynnkoiner.com/astrology-articles/dysfunctional-saturn

smilingsteph

Well saturn gets out of virgo end Oct 09 AND cos I use Equal house from beginning Oct has moved onto your 8th. Not great time for getting a mortgage, pay rise or even for intimate/sexual matters either. I just had this and trust me :crying: things have been pretty **** scarse

Well we did just put in for purchasing a house, but I am not sure about things....seems we bit off more than we can chew! I feel like I wont get my pay raise either. I really need one, because according to my time at this new place I am due. I feel like I wont get it because oddly enough I am feeling like I wont get what I need in terms of resources......it is wierd. I feel like hoarding and saving and being very resourceful with what I do have.

Saturn is the Lord of Karma and master teacher, but really he's trying to teach us about ourselves. It wants us to be responsible, hard working, dutiful and learn our Lessons properly, so they won't have to keep being repeated. Therefore, is usually suggests things slowing down, delays, limitations and restrictions so we can learn these Lessons.

What Saturn does is 'test' what is of value to you and what is working in your life. It wants structure and hard work. If something isn't working--- it may well end--- so something better can be put in it's place.

Your prog moon 6' Libra will make you want to focus on communications partnerships and intimate matters and emotionally you may well find things die away, transform etc. 8th is also about 'other people's beliefs to' whereas 2nd are your own personal values, beliefs ---8 th is other people's so you may well find that you will listen, test out, discard and poss take onboard other new appropriate beliefs, values..

Thank you so much for this advice. I have had many things die away. I got Baptized on Easter. I feel like getting more closer to people when before I would just push them away. It seems like I am reaching out more for those relationships. Looking to others for advice and really learning from people.

Also when your prog Asc changes to Aries will be a time when you are more assertive, self centre, fiery, impatient etc, but whilst in pisces and I've just had my progressed moon thier its all about being over sensitive, quiet time (like 12th) where not much is happening -- that will all change:whistling:

I am naturally impatient! LOL. I think that this will be good for me because I feel like the past three years, actually 6 have made me become a hermit of sorts. I feel like finallly joining the human race and developing who I am!

Wow, just notice your SA Jupiter conj moon in7th -- this could bring a new relationship or become overly emotional connected to one to one?
There is a chance in 2years with SA mars conj IC that you may want to move house IF your time of birth is correct.

My birthtime is correct, from what I know. I did end up getting a new birthcert. to make sure.

We are moving to a house next year. Around April is when it will be done.
I have indeed become more emotionally connected to the relationship I am in, and with a few others with my family...

I want and desire for deeper relationships with others. Usually I dont so this feeling is very new for me and it is hard to figure out.

What happened when SA uranus conj MC about 3yeas ago? did you change jobs, a relationship break?

Three years ago I graduated school and I started working, so much energy that time around my relationships and career!!! Very busy time and I cannot believe I handled all of that stuff like I did.
I almost left my sig.other. I wanted to change everything....
I broke relations with a friend from school. Even changed floors in the hospital within a year of graduating. Seemed like I couldnt get enough in the world of change.

Saturn Return
Saturn takes 30 years or so to complete its circuit around the zodiac so events that occur around the age of 29-30, 58-59 and 80-81 will be of great significance to the native, depending on the strength and aspects to natal saturn.
http://www.newage-directory.com/saturn.html
http://www.astrologycom.com/saturn.html
http://www.saturnreturn.net/what_is.html
http://www.examiner.com/x-2766-Atlan...-Saturn-return

http://www.lynnkoiner.com/astrology-articles/dysfunctional-saturn

I was wondering

Once a person is done with a Saturn return does saturn create as much tension as it did in its natal placement?

Once a person is done with a Saturn return does saturn create as much tension as it did in its natal placement?

All transits act as background influences, unless or until they make a mathamatical aspect to something within your chart or Angles. Regarding the tension question, ALL depends on what planet saturn makes an aspect with and how that planet is aspected natally. I've just had T Saturn conj jupiter in 8th and then square mars in 5th. Hardly noticed the 8th house as my jupiter is well aspected, and so is mars, but the frustration did manifest in outer events as my local borough council are fitting new bathrooms and kitchens and that's when they started work and there was nothing I could do but grin and bear it. Oh my golly gosh the mess, dust, dirt, I felt invaded, intruded upon. I've had every trademan you can think of trampling through my beloved home roots. My mars is square Jupiter and sextile moon. Mars in 5th - yep definately stopped my getting anypleasure from my usual 5th house matters and 8th yep it affected more deeply than I care to admit :)

So, it all depends if your natal planet Saturn is hitting is challenged natally or well aspected as to how it may or may not manifest....

EJ53

Banned
I'm only loosely on-topic with this comment, Steph......But, I've noticed over the years that my first Saturn Return (as a stand-alone chart) highlights the areas of life that became the focus of my life/activities during the following thirty years......Like a revised natal chart, pointing to the next 30 years of astrological lessons, but always related to the life-long lessons of my original birthchart.

So, if we compare your (stand-alone) Saturn Return Chart with your original birthchart, we see :-

1. Gemini Ascendant, ruled by Mercury (conjunct Sun) in Leo/3rd......suggesting that self-expression will be a major focus for the next thirty years.

2. Libra/Aries are now intercepted in 5th/11th houses, with Cancer/Capricorn duplicated respectively on 2nd/3rd and 8th/9th house cusps......indicating a need to change your attitude about nurturing, perhaps basing your self-worth upon managerial rather than personal involvement.

3. Pluto at the Anaretic Degree in Saggittarius/7th......perhaps transforming your outlook on romantic partnerships, to one of "freedom and equality".

Of course, this is nothing but "kite-flying" by me......but you might nevertheless like to keep an eye on the situation from time-to-time over the next few years.

[I calculated your Saturn Return at your birthplace, using a Universal Time of 09:07:32 am on 30th July 2008......which gives 19.07.15 degrees Gemini as Ascendant and 7.33.26 degrees Virgo for Saturn]

noideaaboutastro

Yay steph, congratulations on passing it! And thank you for sharing that with us, I'm sure lots of people will find this very helpful when analysing their saturn returns too.

smilingsteph

Wow EJ!!!
That was very helpful for being so loosely connected! :)

I do feel this deep creative urge already....been sort of digging around at what can I do to be creative...

At work, oh gosh, I go and help the patients and it seems all to much for me...I injured my back on Friday, and had to go home....I am thinking more and more about going back to school and teaching. I love teaching.
-work is my big issue right now

Relationships- well that is always a work in progress!

Noidea-
Thanks! I hope to help people here about this Saturn stuff. I think that some have it bad and some have it worse. I want to share my experiences without leaving behind souls who are scared about their return.

AdAstra

Frankly and honestly?
(I thought so. :))

My natal Saturn is on the cusp of the 4th and 5th houses (last degrees of the 4th).

Looking back, I see the time around Saturn's return to the exact spot where it had been on the day I was born, I landed the best job of my life so far.

Around the same time, my dad had a minor heart attack (he spent a few days in the hospital).

That's it.
Maybe I forgot something (although my memory goes back to the second year of my life), but if I did, surely it wasn't all that memorable at the time.
And if I remember anything relevant, I shall post it here.

Be it as it may, I can easily recall periods that were much, much worse...
So, if there was any "wrath" from Saturn, it felt like the sweetest embrace. ;)
The transit marked one of the most glorious periods in my life.

Anyway, the very best luck to you. :)

P.S. This was my first "Saturn's return".

Last edited:

Sebastien Cheritte

Hello all.

In my own detailed, yet humble opinion (thanks to 3 of my personal progressions in Virgo for the analysis), Kronos is removing the toy from our hands, or removing the spoon from our parents' hands. but funny enough, if we were listening harder earlier, we would have seen that sooner in life, when it was easier to accept though quite paradoxically so. I'll take this expert from San Tzu's Art of War:
"do what is difficult while it is easy". Unless we were raised in circumstances similar to ideal of communism, in the way that Marx wrote it, most of us never do. So we unconsciously wait until it's difficult, and that is when our father, Kronos, forces us to listen/act. That is when we see his energy as that of an evil man's, but learning ones own ignorance is the simplest task, all one needs is the reference to the past clear as day and upon witnessing the facts, the truth is unavoidable in both virtue & lesson. One needs only to admit, then submit to this wisdom.
My door opened to Kronos, also conjunct Pluto, where I find that not only am I watching the changes as I let them happen, but everything I assumed sturdy is falling away like ash into the wind - rightfully so. I must appreciate this, everyone must appreciate this, for a life of inertia will always bring about hardship when having to see yourself there.
___________________revolution 1__________________
The first visible manifestation of Kronos in his return to us, is physical.
(the skeletal system, and its mending, or the dental system and its mending, the posture, frame or structural system and it's mending) This is the 1st 10th of his visit.
Where the body must undergo some form of discipline, in order to evolve previous or build new routines for daily bodily structure and maintenance, failure to comply, will be failure in structure, this applies to all external physical manifestations in one's life as well, cleanliness, organization, focus or responsibility, less or more so, depending.
___________________revolution 2__________________
The second visible manifestation, is mental.
(The mind, (albeit a vast circumference, ever unfolding), and its mending, content of thought, and its mending, purpose of thought, application of reason, schools within learning and forms of influencing - all products of the mental kind and their duties & responsibilities within and without upon self or others, subject to mending. This is the 2nd 10th of his visit. Where the mind must undergo various forms of discipline, when to speak, when not to speak, how to evolve strategically, understanding when to act, when to be patient, what to say, who to say it to, integration of realism, firming & solidifying of character through mental ability. Failure to comply will be failure in calculation. Weak relationships, weak execution of concepts, loss of influence, unreliability. This applies to all external mental manifestations brought upon by others, resulting in miscalculated conclusions in partnerships.

I am yet to experience the 3rd manifestation, (wonderfully so) whether it will be visible or not is uncertain, I can only assume that the experience will change many deep-dwelling, hard-holding habits, beliefs, sentiments and notions. They say the 3rd decan is a spiritual one, perhaps if manifested correctly, the keys will be delivered to us. I won't assume what can be uncovered after then.

smilingsteph

I really enjoyed reading your analysis of the Saturn transit. I find that it made a lot of sense to me because it manifested its energies in this way in my life. I felt it took on the manifestation physically first, then the other experiences fell into place just as you said. Thank you!

aKuna

From what I've seen in many charts it produces stability in the house it's in after the struggle ,,,so stability is relative to the total persona of the persons chart.
I'm Taurus sun
First one after all three of my children were born life (after struggle get to that family life)in my 2ndH was secure with family and finances my stuff is secure
Second one put me back at home (after struggle with working) retired to in security of 2ndH again on my farm and finances :smile:even though alone my stuff is secure again.
with others I've seen it's always security in the house it's in

Last edited:

Sebastien Cheritte

i came in here a boy, loud & arrogant, throwing my words around asif they were petals for you to sniff on...

...i come to you now before the 3rd passing of my natal saturn return in retrograde and before the 4th direct hit. lets just say that i've less to say these days, perhaps sometimes its better to keep quiet than to hurt people because i'm right or because i think i know better.
My saturn return is in libra and in teh 8th house, no idea who i am anymore, and apparently i was supposed to find out like this, i just, don't think i can work it out.
I have so much on my plate i really wish i could put it all in persepctive and find a solution to this dilema, i realise saturn is making me into something more.. .. worthy of manhood, and that's okay, but it appears this one might backfire, and i might just have to quit everything, isn't it?
i can't handle all of this, i dont know in plane english - my *** from my elbow!
is the best thing to do, the only thing i haven't done yet?
should i do the unexpected?
because there really isn't anything else, i have gone with my gut, my good intentions, bad intentions, selfish intentions, selfless intentions, cut my nose to spite my face, but paint a a cherry on someone else's..
i'm literally bent over backwards here and **** just doesn't look like its going in a direction i can cope with...

...i'm with this woman i can't look at, meeting people i can't stand, doing work i hate and living a life that isn't mine.

does the 8th house have to develope a relationship with someone else?
can't i just start developing one with myself?
i ******* hate this programme, its not working for me but to think of the outcome of ditching it might be catastrophic

i am beyond pain and suffering, i might be heading straight into synical, rogue-like, couldn;t care less - prefer to watch you struggle and then laugh before i blow my own f**kin head off into the wind for being such a prick, but i won't be able to help it by then, since i've done whatever i could and life is just ****.

Ion

What can one expect after the Saturn return? (end quote) Saturn is 'The Great Teacher' . . . . The God of The Old Testament is 'Saturnian' . . .

Saturn reveals to us where it is that we are out-of-alignment with universal principles.

If one makes inner-adjustments , as a result of Saturn's revelations , then there will be advancement as a result .

The underpinnings of Saturn (opinion) is that we humans are in an evolutionary process , when the evolutionary process is successfully completed (human stage) then we realize that we are eternal-spirits with access to power .

Saturn , like Moses , frees the slaves from the machinations of human ego and ridiculousness . . . and delivers us to a new level of 'being' . . . a level that is unimaginable from within our present condition .

Saturn is (also) 'the warden' as well as 'the way-shower' . . .
Astrology has many aspects , the most exalted (opinion) is the benefit of leaving the material plane (Saturn rules structure) as a liberated spirit with mind and heart united in love .

best regards,
Ion