Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Degree Symbols

Degree Symbols Discuss your experiences with all symbol systems based on astrological degrees in the chart (i.e., Sabian Symbols, Kozminsky Symbols, etc.): the symbols for the transiting Sun and Moon and the events of your life, the symbols of your natal chart...

Unread 08-18-2018, 03:17 AM

18 degrees: Degree of Evil/Disease?

After learning about the 18th degree (according to some astrologers it is the degree of evil or disease) I started to pay more attention to it. I imagine this has been covered many times here before.

Soon after learning about it, I went to stay with my friend in another town (she invited me to her new home) and I was intrigued after I discovered that her house number started with 18. I didn't mention the meaning of the number to her, of course. But that night, she and her husband told me after dinner that they had hired a shaman to cleanse their house because they believed, soon after they bought it, that there was something there that felt evil.

I've stayed away from that number but then realized that my partner has Sun at 18 degrees.. it's almost a curse to learn of these numbers once you realize they could impact you more than you realized. I imagine this number plays out in different ways in a chart (18 degrees Jupiter might mean an evil teacher that the chart holder befriends, and may not mean that the chart holder himself/herself is evil).

That's all I've got for now.

Unread 08-20-2018, 05:46 AM

Re: 18 degrees: Degree of Evil/Disease?

I find this idea to be superstitious. The number 18 is all over the place. It works just fine. How actually could a simple number harm anybody?

I'd be curious to learn which astrologers consider it to be evil. Can you link anything about this?
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 08-20-2018, 06:27 PM

This is Nikola featured on Astrolada https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUoLG46Kgbo.

He has a few videos where he mentions different degrees.

I noticed Charles Manson and Charlie Sheen (accused of evil doings when he was a young actor) have Venus at 18 degrees; Kevin Spacey -18 degrees Mercury. Kirk Douglas was accused of assaulting Natalie Wood: he has Moon at 18 degrees. Harvey Weinstein? Mars at 18 degrees. Google people who are allegedly "mean" behind the scenes in Hollywood or other industries and it's a recurring theme (Ben Stiller has Pluto at 18 degrees).

It works in some cases, but in others.. like, say, Hitler, there is no 18 degree (he and Bill Cosby both have 19 degree planets though, so it could be a wrong calculation of their birth time?).
Unread 08-20-2018, 08:40 PM

Statistical tests tend not to work well in astrology. An astrologer thinks s/he's found a valid astrological signature, but the effect dissipates once you get a big sample, beyond a few anecdotes.

Then where does it end? Everyone on the planet will have dozens of asteroids, Arabic parts, and what-have-you pinging any given 18-degrees of a sign.

I'm skeptical.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 08-20-2018, 09:10 PM

Thanks, Waybread. I do wonder if it is ever used when dealing with solving crime and if there are case studies about it (and how, in general, astrologist crime solvers can be successful finding "persons of interest"?).
Unread 08-20-2018, 10:08 PM

I think we should follow the dictum, "the stars impel but they do not compel." We might take your point that people with a planet at 18 degrees of a sign show up disproportionately among the ranks of people engaging in criminal behaviour. But this doesn't constitute proof or hard evidence in a Whodunnit that such a person actually committed a given crime. Someone with an 18th degree planet might be sorely tempted to commit a crime, yet not do it, possibly in relation to other mitigating factors in the chart.

You might enjoy studying forensic astrology. If you Google it, you'll find some books and blogs to get you started. Also consider learning horary astrology, which has specific rules for dealing with missing persons and objects, and generally giving "yes or no" answers to questions.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
watcherofthesouth (08-20-2018)
Unread 08-20-2018, 10:55 PM

well, having 17' 33" Cancer as my ASC or rising sign, the unluckiest one of all 12 signs of the zodiac, I don't really like living nor I enjoy my life. And adding my sun/moon conjunction in the 8th house-Aquarius square Uranus in Scorpio. The ASC node technically 18' is square Pluto - a very malefic planet in 4th-Libra.
Unread 08-20-2018, 11:08 PM

Thanks, CapAqua. Based on your placements it seems like astrology and intuition (psychic abilities with Cancer) could be something to help you with quality of life.

Also, if there are others with this placement and have difficulty, I am curious about remedies or changing the energy. Working in a prison, exorcisms, or counseling people who have committed certain negative "acts"? I'm sure there must be better remedies than those, though!
Unread 08-20-2018, 11:09 PM

Thanks, Waybread - I will make my way over there!
Unread 09-18-2018, 05:58 PM

Oh Really now...
How absurd, I have a Scorpio Asc. in the 18th degree

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tags
degree, degrees, evil or disease