Moon opposition Venus

sentR89day

I'll give it a shot. This is obviously a generalization.
Moon oppose Venus; To me, it just feels like what you want in a relationship (Venus) vs. what you need for emotional nourishment (Moon) can clash!

If someone in your relationship doesn't feed both; It can make a relationship difficult to handle. They need to feed both your Moon and your Venus if the relationship is to work! However, be fair to your partner; It isn't always 100% their responsibility to make you happy!

And no, I'm not in the cliche, annoyingly smug, popular mainstream quote of, "You have to love yourself before you attract a lover" crowd. But to expect your lover to always be there, like mommy, is unrealistic and puts too heavy of a burden on them!

Also how you present yourself socially (Venus) vs. what you truly feel inside about things (Moon) can be totally different even 180 degrees!

FraterAC

Context is important, ie the overall tenure of the horoscope, as are sign and house placement, other aspects, etc.
Any astrology "cookbook" could give you a basic interpretation of the aspect in isolation, which might or might not tell you something. To provide just some random examples:
Sakoian and Acker say: "An inclination to be emotionally oversensitive and to feel unloved...this aspect has a negative, double Taurus emphasis."
Isabel Hickey says: "Considered a separative aspect... loss of mother...money conditions can bring difficulties...can be overcome by compromise and cooperation...has to be overcome by becoming a more loving and lovable person."
Alan Oken says: "Feelings versus personal magnetism...even the challenging aspects of the Moon and Venus do not deny one friends...what occurs...an uncomfortable feeling in social situations...social inappropriateness."
Just posting random quotes from these authors I happened to have handy. Not to be taken to heart.
You can see, out of context, and not knowing what houses they affect, these quotes don't give you a heck of a lot.
Does it mean your family or love life is doomed? Not at all.

Last edited:

TRENNER

This aspect means feeling unloved, trouble in relationships, and in women, health issues. The way and amount trouble manifests depends on signs, houses and other aspects. I was born with Moon at 6'26 degrees Virgo conjunct Uranus and Pluto and all in opposition my natal Venus at 7'42 degrees Pisces. With the Virgo stellum, I was shy and awkward with the opposite sex and prone to negativity. It was only at age 28 that I had my first serious relationship, and at age 44, I married. Moon opposition Venus in other signs can mean though that you connect initially, but do not have good, lasting relationships. In all cases, the aspect indicates imbalance and difficulty of some sort in love.

JUPITERASC

Discussions open about moon opposite venus in general.
Depends on sign location of planets and their planetary rulers :)
This aspect means feeling unloved, trouble in relationships, and in women, health issues. The way and amount trouble manifests
depends on signs, houses and other aspects. I was born with Moon at 6'26 degrees Virgo conjunct Uranus and Pluto and all in opposition my natal Venus at 7'42 degrees Pisces. With the Virgo stellum, I was shy and awkward with the opposite sex and prone to negativity. It was only at age 28 that I had my first serious relationship, and at age 44, I married. Moon opposition Venus in other signs can mean though that you connect initially, but do not have good, lasting relationships. In all cases, the aspect indicates imbalance and difficulty of some sort in love.

Venus is benefic, feminine and nocturnal.
Venus controls desire, love, merriment, friendship, companionship, marriages
laughter, rejoicing assistance from women

Moon is benefic, feminine and nocturnal.

Moon controls life, the household, the body, travel, fortune, cohabitation, conception

leomoon

Would the news that GM is stopping the manufacture of the Camaro fit the Moon opposing Venus? My 1st automobile was a Camaro
in 1967. I was so dumb, I didn't really realize it was used until someone pointed out it had an a/c in the middle where the radio went installed, but I enjoyed it for many years. The Camaro now "unloved" ?

:unsure:

JUPITERASC

Would the news that GM is stopping the manufacture of the Camaro fit the Moon opposing Venus? My 1st automobile was a Camaro
in 1967. I was so dumb, I didn't really realize it was used until someone pointed out it had an a/c in the middle where the radio went installed, but I enjoyed it for many years. The Camaro now "unloved" ?

:unsure:
Interesting :)

leomoon

I checked my Rulership Book (Rex Bills) used for Horary -and they assigned Uranus for automobiles and house 3. Of course it was a reasoned guess at the time they wrote the book when you read the foreword. They also added Mercury & Gemini (I don't know why however) as there are no explanations in the book.

Race car drovers are also Uranus (which makes sense) as are car manufacturers and auto trips (Gemini & Mercury, so there is that reasoning with house 3 being short trips for horary) I still like Moon & Venus however as Venus is also monetary things and things you love. We know the Moon is emotions

;)

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Another practical reason to maintain the traditional sign rulerships in horary
is the fact that we are generally dealing with person-oriented astrology
and placing great significance upon the sign rulers to symbolise individuals or personal events.
The outer planets, are accepted as tending to represent social or political influences.
Where they make a contact to the significators their slow movement fails to convey personal influence
in the way that the quicker moving visible planets are able to
through techniques such as translation or collection of light. :)

- essentially, the separation of a significator from the contact of one planet
and its movement towards another will reveal who or what the querent last dealt with
prior to the question being asked, and who they will be dealing with next.
The outer planets are incapable of demonstrating this flow of movement
and therefore cannot reveal a fine degree of detail in events
or in the actions of the querent.
Whatever arguments can be made for using them in natal work

there is a clear disadvantage to using them in horary techniques.
Deborah Houlding

i have the moon venus opposition in natal, moon = dream and venus = materialism, finances :0

TRENNER

Hi. A person with an Aquarius Moon is generally more extroverted than someone with a Virgo Moon, so initially meeting women will be easier. However, a man with Moon opposition Venus is still not naturally in sync with women. He has to learn the hard way at times. Also, as the Moon and Venus represent the qualities a man wants in a woman, the aspect leads to a man wanting conflicting things--impeding success in love. For me, I'd want a woman both practical and who reads the fine print (Virgo) but who is also spiritual and compassionate (Pisces). Aquarius and Leo also represent contradictory ideals. Leo is about action and leadership while Aquarius is about independence and a live and let live approach to life.

waybread

My Leo moon in the 11th house opposes my 5th house Mercury-Venus conjunction in Aquarius. I might have been better off with the trine, but overall this is not a harsh aspect. The moon and especially Venus tend to soften what they touch (unlike, say, Mars, Saturn, and Pluto.)

So it's important to notice if other planets are in the mix.

I've been married (2x) for most of my adult life, so moon opposite Venus hasn't prohibited romantic relationships.

I think a Leo moon and 5th house Mercury-Venus confer a certain amount of playfulness.

sentR89day

This aspect means feeling unloved, trouble in relationships, and in women, health issues. The way and amount trouble manifests depends on signs, houses and other aspects. I was born with Moon at 6'26 degrees Virgo conjunct Uranus and Pluto and all in opposition my natal Venus at 7'42 degrees Pisces. With the Virgo stellum, I was shy and awkward with the opposite sex and prone to negativity. It was only at age 28 that I had my first serious relationship, and at age 44, I married. Moon opposition Venus in other signs can mean though that you connect initially, but do not have good, lasting relationships. In all cases, the aspect indicates imbalance and difficulty of some sort in love.
Very interesting! I wonder how the square (Moon square Venus) works!
Moon opposite Venus sounds painful! Maybe I need to hear it from others with it in their own charts too!

TRENNER

I think it's best if we recognize that many people today do not live in a boy-girl heterosexual world.
Point taken. It is something to keep in mind and to obtain information about when analyzing horoscopes. However, a solid majority of people are still cis het and can get interpretations based on traditional teachings.

Last edited:

TRENNER

Is it the same for females with moon aqua opposite leo venus?
For cis het females, it is a little different. The Sun and Mars, along with the 7th house cusp, control what a cis het female wants from a man. However, Moon opposition Venus still means trouble in love and affects one's attraction and relationship skills. Moon in adverse aspect to Venus also can indicate health problems for women--endometriosis, difficulty with pregnancy and childbirth, etc.