Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Recommendations

Recommendations Looking for advice and suggestions on books, websites, programs, professionals, organizations, or anything else related to astrology? Ask and share your opinions here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 02-05-2018, 09:15 AM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 123
Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Hi,
I created new online calculator, which calculates /Full Moons/New Moons/Stationary planets/ in any particular year ... and compares them with your Natal chart:

astro-seek.com/full-moon-transits-in-natal-chart-astrology

Full/New Moons 2018
- transits in Natal houses
- conjunctions with Natal planets

Stations 2018 (stationary planets)
- transits in Natal houses
- conjunctions with Natal planets
Attached Images
File Type: gif seek_full_00.gif (62.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: gif seek_full_01.gif (81.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: gif seek_full_02.gif (49.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: gif seek_full_03.gif (43.7 KB, 5 views)


Last edited by kaktuzz; 02-05-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kaktuzz For This Useful Post:
Starfall (04-24-2018)
  #2  
Unread 02-05-2018, 04:01 PM
!4C !4C is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 642
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Fantastic! It only took me few minutes to identify significant transit dates for the year. I'm not aware of any other web site or inexpensive software that has this feature.

Comments:

1) The house system isn't getting set properly.
2) The code populating the dates in the tables doesn't seem to be getting the timezone from the current location setting.
3) I failed to mention this, but it would be nice to identify the new/full moons that are eclipses. Changing the font color of the number inside the moon symbol should be sufficient.
4) The color of the moon markers on the wheel chart scale should be different from the black wheel scale color. The chart is a little hard to read at first. I see transit objects are a different color in other charts, so maybe it is bug.
5) The table for stations doesn't indicate whether the planet will be going retrograde (Sr) or going direct (Sd). People experienced in reading astrology data will be able to know from the order and position, so this is just an enhancement suggestion.
6) For clarification, it would be better if the "Edit birth data" link said "Edit birth data and settings."


Overall design looks good. Thanks for adding the feature.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to !4C For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (02-05-2018)
  #3  
Unread 02-05-2018, 06:22 PM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 123
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by !4C View Post
Fantastic! It only took me few minutes to identify significant transit dates for the year. I'm not aware of any other web site or inexpensive software that has this feature.

Comments:

1) The house system isn't getting set properly.
2) The code populating the dates in the tables doesn't seem to be getting the timezone from the current location setting.
3) I failed to mention this, but it would be nice to identify the new/full moons that are eclipses. Changing the font color of the number inside the moon symbol should be sufficient.
4) The color of the moon markers on the wheel chart scale should be different from the black wheel scale color. The chart is a little hard to read at first. I see transit objects are a different color in other charts, so maybe it is bug.
5) The table for stations doesn't indicate whether the planet will be going retrograde (Sr) or going direct (Sd). People experienced in reading astrology data will be able to know from the order and position, so this is just an enhancement suggestion.
6) For clarification, it would be better if the "Edit birth data" link said "Edit birth data and settings."

Overall design looks good. Thanks for adding the feature.
Hi !4C, thanks for feedback!
I updated it a little bit and I have some additional questions:

1) + 2) can you send me PM with a screenshot of it please? (I tried several timezones around the globe and it works fine for me here; so I can't find any problem)
3) OK, I will try to update it soon
4) I already heard a similar "comment" ... so I made the planets in their "natural" colors. Is it better now?
5) It's a good comment. I will add this (Sr) or (Sd) mark soon.
6) Thanks for this comment. I just updated it
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kaktuzz For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (02-05-2018)
  #4  
Unread 02-05-2018, 06:47 PM
!4C !4C is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 642
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post
Hi !4C, thanks for feedback!
I updated it a little bit and I have some additional questions:

1) + 2) can you send me PM with a screenshot of it please? (I tried several timezones around the globe and it works fine for me here; so I can't find any problem)
3) OK, I will try to update it soon
4) I already heard a similar "comment" ... so I made the planets in their "natural" colors. Is it better now?
5) It's a good comment. I will add this (Sr) or (Sd) mark soon.
6) Thanks for this comment. I just updated it
#1 And #2 are working now. It might have been error on my part with entering location. I don't think it set anything, so a missing data error could have helped. Either way I'm happy.

#4) I meant the new/full moon markers. Currently they are black and blend with the degree tick marks for the wheel.

Last edited by !4C; 02-05-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to !4C For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (02-05-2018)
  #5  
Unread 02-06-2018, 09:32 AM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 123
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by !4C View Post
#1 And #2 are working now. It might have been error on my part with entering location. I don't think it set anything, so a missing data error could have helped. Either way I'm happy.

#4) I meant the new/full moon markers. Currently they are black and blend with the degree tick marks for the wheel.
#4) I get in now I tried to use different colors for Full/New Moon markers (Silver and Blue). It should be better now(?)

#5) (Sr)/(Sd) Done
Attached Images
File Type: gif seek_full_05.gif (60.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: gif seek_full_04.gif (44.8 KB, 6 views)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 02-06-2018, 09:37 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,788
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

I think I told you before how AWESOME your work is!

THANK YOU for these great , simple tools.

I LOVE them.

What is up with your mercury that you can do this so well?


Mercury / Uranus aspects?

Lots of strong mutable?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 02-06-2018, 03:10 PM
!4C !4C is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 642
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post
#4) I get in now I tried to use different colors for Full/New Moon markers (Silver and Blue). It should be better now(?)
Yes, it is much easier to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post
#5) (Sr)/(Sd) Done
Looks good.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 02-06-2018, 03:15 PM
!4C !4C is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 642
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Here is my current comments list with a few more added:

1) Closed
2) Closed
3) I failed to mention this, but it would be nice to identify the new/full moons that are eclipses. Changing the font color of the number inside the moon symbol should be sufficient.
4) Closed
5) Closed
6) Closed
7) With conjunction aspect selected, conjunctions to Descendant (DSC) and Imum Coeli (IC) are not listed. This may be true for South Node as well, assuming it is an issue related to natal points not usually stored as data.
8) Suggest naming this transit calculator "Transit Events (x Nata Chart)." Suggest "Lunar Events x Natal Chart" for the moon tab.
9) No issue with the menu for selecting aspects, but suggest check boxes for custom grouping of aspects. To be clear, this is just a design suggestion to accommodate more users with different preferences.

Last edited by !4C; 02-06-2018 at 03:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 02-07-2018, 03:05 PM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 123
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
I think I told you before how AWESOME your work is!

THANK YOU for these great , simple tools.

I LOVE them.

What is up with your mercury that you can do this so well?


Mercury / Uranus aspects?

Lots of strong mutable?
Hello katydid,

thank you!

I tried to send you PM, but it says your message inbox is full.

you can check my chart here

maybe it's a combination of mutable signs (several planets in Sagittarius and several planets in the 9th house) + earth functionality (Taurus
Sun/Mars/Mercury/Cheiron stellium in the 9th house) + Virgo rising simplicity ... (?)

(grrrr... everything always takes so MUCH time! )

Petr
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kaktuzz For This Useful Post:
katydid (02-07-2018)
  #10  
Unread 02-07-2018, 03:40 PM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 123
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by !4C View Post
Here is my current comments list with a few more added:

1) Closed
2) Closed
3) I failed to mention this, but it would be nice to identify the new/full moons that are eclipses. Changing the font color of the number inside the moon symbol should be sufficient.
4) Closed
5) Closed
6) Closed
7) With conjunction aspect selected, conjunctions to Descendant (DSC) and Imum Coeli (IC) are not listed. This may be true for South Node as well, assuming it is an issue related to natal points not usually stored as data.
8) Suggest naming this transit calculator "Transit Events (x Nata Chart)." Suggest "Lunar Events x Natal Chart" for the moon tab.
9) No issue with the menu for selecting aspects, but suggest check boxes for custom grouping of aspects. To be clear, this is just a design suggestion to accommodate more users with different preferences.
3) Still working on it (I'm trying to do an eclipse calculator, but I'm struggling with it a little bit :/ Maybe I will just download the list of eclipses from NASA website - https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/LEcat5/LE2001-2100.html ... and problem will be "solved")

7) It's done (+IC, +DSC, +South Node aspects)

8) I'm thinking about the name of this calculator (there are already several "Event" calculators - Direct Ingresses, Ingresses and Returns, Returns/Revolutios etc... so I tried to name it differently to avoid further confusion. Any other idea?)

9) It's a good comment, but it's a minor issue now ... so maybe in a future
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 02-07-2018, 06:43 PM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,788
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post
Hello katydid,

thank you!

I tried to send you PM, but it says your message inbox is full.

you can check my chart here

maybe it's a combination of mutable signs (several planets in Sagittarius and several planets in the 9th house) + earth functionality (Taurus
Sun/Mars/Mercury/Cheiron stellium in the 9th house) + Virgo rising simplicity ... (?)

(grrrr... everything always takes so MUCH time! )

Petr

Yes, mutable angles plus nice trines to substantial Earth.

I had envisioned Mercury trine Uranus and it is actually a Moon trine to Uranus/Jupiter. That does make sense in the way your work is so organized and well structured.

Thank you for all the effort you put in to it.

Last edited by katydid; 02-07-2018 at 06:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 02-08-2018, 06:05 AM
!4C !4C is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 642
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post
3) Still working on it (I'm trying to do an eclipse calculator, but I'm struggling with it a little bit :/ Maybe I will just download the list of eclipses from NASA website - https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/LEcat5/LE2001-2100.html ... and problem will be "solved")
Oh...I assumed you would have eclipse data already. Since the input date is range limited by menu selection, it seems like a lookup table would be more efficient anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post
7) It's done (+IC, +DSC, +South Node aspects)
Looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post
8) I'm thinking about the name of this calculator (there are already several "Event" calculators - Direct Ingresses, Ingresses and Returns, Returns/Revolutios etc... so I tried to name it differently to avoid further confusion. Any other idea?)
Now that you mentioned it, it seems like this event calculator should be grouped with the other event calculators on the main page. My main concern is that the title on the main page only mentions full moons. From that, I would not know that it includes new moons and stations. Maybe you could put it with the other event calculators and name it something like "Full/New Moons and Stations (x Natal Chart)."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post
9) It's a good comment, but it's a minor issue now ... so maybe in a future
Agreed.

Its looks good overall. I wasn't expecting to see something this quick. I'm impressed.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 02-09-2018, 12:17 AM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 123
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by !4C View Post
Oh...I assumed you would have eclipse data already. Since the input date is range limited by menu selection, it seems like a lookup table would be more efficient anyhow.
I just actually gave up trying to calculate it :/ (eclipses are much more complicated than I thought ) and I finally rather downloaded this data from NASA website.
Calculator should be updated on eclipses now


Quote:
Originally Posted by !4C View Post
My main concern is that the title on the main page only mentions full moons. From that, I would not know that it includes new moons and stations. Maybe you could put it with the other event calculators and name it something like "Full/New Moons and Stations (x Natal Chart)."
It's a good point.

I will probably duplicate the main page ... and create two variants.
The first variant will contain just "Full Moons (x Natal Chart)" and I will place it in Moon calendar section for people who are mainly interested in Moon phases. (and who don't care about Stations or "some transits")

and second variant will be probably "Transit Events (x Natal Chart)" with some additional sub info (Full Moons/New Moons/Eclipses/Stations transits) and I will put it with other event calculators.
(but both pages will jump to the same results with all those Full Moons/New Moons/Eclipses/Stations options)

I did this with "Synastry/Love calculator" and it works pretty fine.

People who are looking for "love calculator" or "love astrology compatibility" will find this page:
astro-seek.com/love-compatibility-calculator-horoscope-matching
(and they mostly have no idea it's actually called the "synastry")

and people who are looking for "synastry astrology" will find this "pure synastry" page:
astro-seek.com/synastry-chart-online-calculator
(but both pages will jump to the same results )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seek_lunar_01.jpg (104.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg seek_lunar_02.jpg (91.9 KB, 5 views)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 02-09-2018, 04:03 PM
!4C !4C is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 642
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post
I just actually gave up trying to calculate it :/ (eclipses are much more complicated than I thought ) and I finally rather downloaded this data from NASA website.
Calculator should be updated on eclipses now
Looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post
I will probably duplicate the main page ... and create two variants.
The first variant will contain just "Full Moons (x Natal Chart)" and I will place it in Moon calendar section for people who are mainly interested in Moon phases. (and who don't care about Stations or "some transits")

and second variant will be probably "Transit Events (x Natal Chart)" with some additional sub info (Full Moons/New Moons/Eclipses/Stations transits) and I will put it with other event calculators.
(but both pages will jump to the same results with all those Full Moons/New Moons/Eclipses/Stations options)
OK
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 02-23-2018, 10:11 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 49,716
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post

I just actually gave up trying to calculate it :/ (eclipses are much more complicated than I thought )
and I finally rather downloaded this data from NASA website.
Calculator should be updated on eclipses now


It's a good point.

I will probably duplicate the main page ... and create two variants.
The first variant will contain just "Full Moons (x Natal Chart)" and I will place it in Moon calendar section for people who are mainly interested in Moon phases. (and who don't care about Stations or "some transits")

and second variant will be probably "Transit Events (x Natal Chart)" with some additional sub info (Full Moons/New Moons/Eclipses/Stations transits) and I will put it with other event calculators.
(but both pages will jump to the same results with all those Full Moons/New Moons/Eclipses/Stations options)

I did this with "Synastry/Love calculator" and it works pretty fine.

People who are looking for "love calculator" or "love astrology compatibility" will find this page:
astro-seek.com/love-compatibility-calculator-horoscope-matching
(and they mostly have no idea it's actually called the "synastry")

and people who are looking for "synastry astrology" will find this "pure synastry" page:
astro-seek.com/synastry-chart-online-calculator
(but both pages will jump to the same results )
Thanks for adding the Eclipse feature kaktuzz
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 02-23-2018, 11:14 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 49,716
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post

Hi,
I created new online calculator
which calculates /Full Moons/New Moons/Stationary planets/ in any particular year
... and compares them with your Natal chart:


astro-seek.com/full-moon-transits-in-natal-chart-astrology

Full/New Moons 2018
- transits in Natal houses
- conjunctions with Natal planets

Stations 2018 (stationary planets)
- transits in Natal houses
- conjunctions with Natal planets
Very useful kaktuzz, thank you
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 02-24-2018, 07:38 PM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 123
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Very useful kaktuzz, thank you
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kaktuzz For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (03-04-2018)
  #18  
Unread 03-04-2018, 12:47 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 49,716
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Great work Kaktuzz - eclipses require more research
and your software makes this so much easier
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 04-24-2018, 12:48 PM
Starfall's Avatar
Starfall Starfall is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Europe
Posts: 52
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktuzz View Post
Hi,
I created new online calculator, which calculates /Full Moons/New Moons/Stationary planets/ in any particular year ... and compares them with your Natal chart:

astro-seek.com/full-moon-transits-in-natal-chart-astrology

Full/New Moons 2018
- transits in Natal houses
- conjunctions with Natal planets

Stations 2018 (stationary planets)
- transits in Natal houses
- conjunctions with Natal planets
Hello and thank you. We're lucky to have you.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Starfall For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (04-24-2018)
  #20  
Unread 08-01-2018, 09:24 AM
kaktuzz's Avatar
kaktuzz kaktuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Prague, CZ
Posts: 123
Re: Full/New Moons 2018 - Conjuncts & Transits in Natal chart, Online calculator

Hello,

I updated this Full Moon calculator and it calculates also Progressed Full Moons (Progressed Lunation Cycle) now

horoscopes.astro-seek.com/progressed-full-moon-lunation-cycle-astrology
Attached Images
File Type: gif seek_progres_weekly_01.gif (70.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: gif seek_progres_weekly_02.gif (44.3 KB, 2 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2018, calculator, chart, conjuncts, full, full or new, moons, natal, online, stations, transits

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.