2012 Venus Transit: Interpretation & Predictions

Kannon

From my blog...

The Venus transit across the disc of the Sun will be visible on June 5 or 6, depending where you are in relation to the international date line. Here on the west coast of the USA (Portland, OR) it occurs from about 3:05 pm PDT to 9:44 pm after the Sun sets here in Portland at about 8:55. Here is an animated preview from Wikipedia commons:

Venus_transit_2012_animation.gif

DO NOT view this event directly as it will produce partial or complete blindness. DO NOT view this event through anything but proper viewing equipment or shaded eclipse glasses.

Basic Dynamics

Astrologically it is the re-calibration of humanity’s social values structure (Venus) to be consistent within oneself, to be fair, balanced (Gemini) and to align with the current paradigm of energy and consciousness (Sun) on the planet.

Venus Retrograde (Rx)

This time Venus is in its apparent backward motion across the Sun and this means internal dynamics, going back, reaching back to reconnect with something left behind or to tie up loose ends. This can mean the re-entry of a previous loved one into your life – IF there was anything left unresolved. There is always decision – free will. The appearance of such a person does not mean fate choosing for you.

Venus retrograde can also mean reconnecting with the values of personal past life experiences that need to resurface for a fuller self-expression to take place. It can also mean completing karma with someone from your past. You may appear to be meeting them for the first time, but a moment of instant connection can reveal that you have known them in a previous existence. Resolve these things to a place of child-like free giving Love.

Gemini: basic balance and primary relational awareness

The sign of the twins is the sign of first awareness of equality, of the I-thou dynamic. Developmentally it is the beginning of mobility – being able to stand up and maintain one’s balance, as well as the beginning of communication in a commonly understood language. Fair play is learned now or one becomes a bully.

In adult life this means that our relational interactions have a basic balance, an active outward involvement. Communication must be fully active in our primary relationships in order for things to go smoothly. Listening is balanced with talking. One’s personal life must match the values espoused socially or there will be outside resistance – or others will just start going elsewhere. Fairness.

Continue reading "2012 Venus Transit: Interpretation and Predictions"

READER QUESTIONS:

• Where does the Venus transit happen in your chart?
  • What has happened in your life since 2004 that directly relates to this principle?
  • What do you have left that you want to change?

poyi

Premium Member
Kannon

Thank you So much for starting this thread! I have a lot of questions and really wonder what might happen after this transit.

1) Where does the Venus transit happen in your chart?

I have Gemini cusp in 10th house is ruled by my 3rd house Scorpio Mercury. I also have Vertex at 12'21", north node 16'13" in that cusp. My natal Virgo ascendant at 13'35", 1st house Virgo Mars at 25'27 conjuncts with Libra Venus 1'21" degrees. Natal Moon in Capricorn at 26'52" 5th house which trines Mars and his exaltation sign. Both Mars and Moon sextile Mercury the ruler of 10th and 1st house/AC. Moon also trines Venus.

So sometime in the last Venus Rx transit it had activated both my Mars and Moon by trines. And this time Venus Rx had done the same thing but this time I am single at the moment. You can read the 2nd answer to get a full picture.

And similar things happened in this transit again. I have been watching the transit since I started learning astrology few months ago. I do have a feeling something important might happen in the near future and Jupiter in Taurus has been in my 9th house for a while now. Jupiter is the ruler of my 4th and 7th house since Jupiter took over the rulership by ruling Neptune in 4th house. Neptune transit entered Pisces my 7th house cusp earlier this year. Pluto is transiting my 5th house. And Saturn returns later this year.

And this time Mars in Virgo and already passed my ascendant few days ago, it will make its return on the 24th June. I am really curious what would happen. And this time we have Moon eclipse on the same day of this Venus Rx transit as well? My natal Chiron is in 10th house Gemini as well.

2) What has happened in your life since 2004 that directly relates to this principle?

I think when the last Venus Rx Gemini 17 degrees transit happened, my ex husband at that time we were not married. He was reconnected with a woman he fansied before meeting me in 2002, so it was a unresolved romance to him.

Later in 2005, he went to Taiwan to visit her and later in November 2005 they started online relationship without my knowing even we were planning to get married. We both went back to see my family together. He also had many other online girlfriends from overseas. He has Mars in Gemini 10'18" in the 2nd house Placidus and 3rd in whole sign.

Mars is his rising planet, Aries ascendant also. His natal Gemini Mars opposites Neptune Rx in Sagittarius in 8th for Placidus and in 9th in whole sign.

2nd Gemini Mars was part of the natal T-square of Neptune 8th and Saturn 5th. Saturn conjuncts North node at 9'36 Virgo which conjuncts my natal Virgo ascendant at 13'35" and the woman that he fansied was a Virgo Sun sign not sure the degrees. I do have her birth details though, my ex gave it to me haha.

He later told me he cheated because of low self confidence Gemini Mars in 2nd, by dating multiple women made him feel like he could gain some sense of control and power. He had natal Pluto conjuncts descendant. He was the only male in his family but his mother and 3 sisters were overpowered him. He had no voice in his own family. Cancer Sun and Venus but with an unaspected Moon in 10th house, the most elevated planet in his chart. The Chiron is in his 1st house Taurus in Placidus or 2nd in whole sign.

So either way triggered mutiple lovers from overseas countries (Neptune in 8th intimate relationship, in 9th overseas) on the Internet (Gemini).

Then this issue was bought onto surface from March 2006, several majors issues happened, basically destroyed the foundation of my trust and relationship. Despite that I gave the relationship a chance and married him on 9th August 2008. But the relationship didn't work. Since 2006 after knowing all the behind the scene issues. I had nightmares for about 4 years, mentally and psychology was a huge struggle to my internal well being. On 9th August 2010 just 2 years after wedding, I requested for divorce. He had been depressed since 2006 and last time I saw him few months ago.

Similar time period, when 2004 Gemini Venus Rx at 17 degrees, I met an overseas student like myself at the time. He really liked me and even transfered his course to my university, but he knew I was already in a relationship and I was also devoted in the relationship with my ex so we remained as very distance friends. He normally just looked at us at the back. He was a Scorpio like myself but one year younger than me. Later on in 2006, while all the crisis happaning in my relatiobship. He was unaware and he went back to Hong Kong after graduation. Later we talked in facebook few years later and told him our relationship was rock bottom etc. Until now to my knowledge, he still hasn't have any girlfriend that is 8 years now since we first met.

But personally I don't have any feeling for him anymore. :)

3) What do you have left that you want to change?

I want to let go of my past relationship and move on. Hopefully a right man will come this time. If Rx represents unresolved Karma from the past. It will be very interesting to see who I will meet in the near future. :)

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
I just found out by reading the other thread that this lunar eclipse is at 14'13 Sagiturius and my natal Jupiter in Sagiturius is at 14'27"...in 4th house conjunct my IC and conjunct Uranus. This lunar eclipse will then square and opposite all my axises...I don't feel anything at the moment lol but then effects usually will occur few days or weeks later and my Virgo Mars returns on 24th also...I hope myself not in any kind of life and death dangerous situation :(!!!!

Eclipse is at 0912pm Sydney time.

Last edited:

Blackempress

Good thread, love to see what people respond.

I have it in my 3rd just a 2 degree past Natal Mercury. I'm not sure what it really means though. I am in no current relationship but am obsessive bout someone SIMILAR to a person I was crazy about in 2004.

Not sure what it SHOULD or WOULD sum to since it's just a one-sided obsession:andy:.

poyi

Premium Member
Good thread, love to see what people respond.

I have it in my 3rd just a 2 degree past Natal Mercury. I'm not sure what it really means though. I am in no current relationship but am obsessive bout someone SIMILAR to a person I was crazy about in 2004.

Not sure what it SHOULD or WOULD sum to since it's just a one-sided obsession:andy:.

In that case my male friend, hasn't have girlfriend all these years maybe able to find his new target or relationship :)

For everyone waiting for the ex to come back or new lover or lover from the past life:

http://imheartdivine.wordpress.com/2012/05/22/venus-in-retrograde-in-gemini-may-15-to-june-27-2012/

http://darkstarastrology.com/venus-retrograde/

Last edited:

dperez3894

This Venus transit at 15 Deg 44 Min Gemini will be within a 28 Min orb of my natal Saturn.

The 2004 transit was within a 2 Degree orb.

Since Saturn is the handle of a bucket in my chart, this transit will likely affect my whole chart just like the 2004 transit.

Attachments

• dp-equal.jpg
    dp-equal.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 25

ethertwist

This event is occuring on my natal Mars at 15 Gemini 5 (11th House) and opposing my natal Vertex at 15 Sag 31 (or conjunct my Anti-Vertex). The Lunar eclipse today at 14 Sag 14 (5th House) is highlighting these same degrees as well and trining my natal Jupiter & Mercury both at 14 Leo. I wish I understood how this aspect activity relates to my life currently, but relationships are the furthest thing from my mind, yet that seems a bit peculiar considering all the activity taking place in house 11 and house 5 by opposition.

The 2004 Venus Transit exactly opposed my natal Neptune at 18 Sag 12. In reflection, 2004 was a significant year for me for transition and I started a new job position then (not long after the transit), but now 8 years later I want nothing more than to leave it. I'm hoping that this Venus transit and Eclipse cycle is a harbinger for some much desired change. It will be interesting to see how things develop in the next six months.

Last edited:

Kannon

I just found out by reading the other thread that this lunar eclipse is at 14'13 Sagiturius and my natal Jupiter in Sagiturius is at 14'27"...in 4th house conjunct my IC and conjunct Uranus. This lunar eclipse will then square and opposite all my axises...I don't feel anything at the moment lol but then effects usually will occur few days or weeks later and my Virgo Mars returns on 24th also...I hope myself not in any kind of life and death dangerous situation :(!!!!

Eclipse is at 0912pm Sydney time.

I doubt that it will be anything dangerous. More likely you will find it liberating.

poyi

Premium Member
I doubt that it will be anything dangerous. More likely you will find it liberating.

Nothing happened to my own home in Australia but my brother in law and nephrew were very sick with high temperature and few of my workmates, on Facebook they also mentioned their children got very sick that depends on their affected house.

And I was lucky for relationship wise last night. Had a bit of fun. :)

poyi

Premium Member
thats great poyi ... i wish you luck and happiness and love as well :love:

Thank you for the good wishes. What can I say? It is very difficult to be a woman these days lol

It was fun, don't know what will lead me to. It might be just one of those short life temporary one. In regard to the eclipse and Venus Rx transit that will mainly depend on you own axises degree/signa and the natal make up as well as the combinations of transits/progression.

preeshuu

HI ...
I AM SURE POYI THIS WILL BE A NEVER ENDING LOVE STORY :love:

TAKE CARE :smile:
Thank you for the good wishes. What can I say? It is very difficult to be a woman these days lol

It was fun, don't know what will lead me to. It might be just one of those short life temporary one. In regard to the eclipse and Venus Rx transit that will mainly depend on you own axises degree/signa and the natal make up as well as the combinations of transits/progression.

mercurio

The Venus transit falls on my birthday. Conjunct my Sun within 0.01 in the first house also conjunct my Ascendant/Mercury/Chiron. Plus the Lunar eclipse is conjunct my Uranus and in opposition to all of the above. Any ideas?