Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 10-31-2013, 06:32 PM

Re: Drug Abuse in a chart

I have charts of two people who have used drugs. They are both sober now, but very recently.

In both cases they have admitted that it was ecapism and just wanting to feel better. Both of them used daily cannabis and occasionally other drugs like LSD, ecstacy and mdma and shrooms.

In the other chart we have a prominent grand square in cardinal signs. Moon is in 12th house in Libra squaring Saturn and Uranus.

In the other one we have a strong 6th house with Jupiter in 12th but retrograde. Pluto squares the Moon in 8th house.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg laba.jpg (79.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg labalaba.jpg (84.3 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Ebenia; 10-31-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Unread 11-01-2013, 04:32 AM

The Part of Poison (toxicity, toxic exposure, and self-poisoning as well) can often be an indicator of potential problems with self-poisoning by drugs or alcohol excesses (see my posting in the thread entitled "Signs of Drug/Alcohol Addiction in Chart", in the Aspects & Configurations section of the Natal Astrology forum, for an elaboration of the Part of Poison)

In the 2 reference charts posted above:
-in chart #1 the Part of Poison (POP) falls @ 1 Cancer: note that (by whole sign) this falls in the ascendant (and by quadrant house format it falls in the 12th house) and is conjunct Jupiter (a planet which, when afflicted, is connected with excesses)

-in chart #2 the POP falls @ 0 Leo, exactly conjunct the MC of that chart!

In both reference charts susceptibility to "poisons" (in these cases self-poisoning by drug and or alcohol excess) is clearly indicated by the important placement/connections of the POP in those charts...
Unread 11-01-2013, 04:52 AM

Thank you for sharing these two educational charts while protecting their privacy.

For the 1st chart, Mars Neptune conjunction in 6th house while Saturn is in his rulership placed in 6th. Both Uranus and Neptune are in effective orb opposition to Chiron in the 12th house. Gemini 12th house, Mercury conjuncts NN tightly in the 8th, ascendant ruler Moon also in 8th house. 6th house ruler Jupiter Rx and also placed in 12th house.

For 2nd chart, 6th house ruler Mars placed in 6th, 8th house ruler Venus in Cancer, dispositor Moon in Libra mutual reception. Venus conjuncts Chiron. Venus is the ruler of the 12th. Venus 12th house ruler square 6th house ruler Mars in 6th. Mars Neptune Rx square, Mars Moon opposition, Moon Venus square. Key players, rulers of 6th, 8th and 12th are all in contacts with Neptune as Grand Cross.
I believe there is something of the divine mystery in everything that exists. We can see it sparkle in a sunflower or a poppy. We sense more of the unfathomable mystery in a butterfly that flutters from a twig--or in a goldfish swimming in a bowl. But we are closest to God in our own soul. Only there can we become one with the greatest mystery of life. In truth, at very rare moments we can experience that we ourselves are that divine mystery. --Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World
Unread 11-01-2013, 06:55 AM

Hello,

I have checked the first chart and please note the undermentioned points.

1. Chiron is in the 12th house.
2. Jupiter is in the 12th house in a critical degree.
3. the 12th house is afflicted as per my understanding.
4. In another way of looking at it, both chiron and jupiter are in the first house, and as jupiter is afflicted, it means that the charts owners drug habit is known to everyone, and is affecting his standing in the eyes of other people.

Please offer the year of birth and date of birth, and I will tell you what it shows in the future (whether he will remain sober in the future or not). if too personal, you can send pm if you like.

A person who thinks he knows everything has still a lot to learn
Unread 11-01-2013, 10:53 AM

For the first chart the details are 23th of February 1990.

I should say that in the first chart this person is mostly addicted to cannabis and has been in treatment for it. It is known to everyone in his circles that he has used and it is very big part of his personal identity. I have to say though that he is very contemplative and very insightful person and seems to go very deep in understanding why he used and has analyzed it to death. He is having hard time right now and seems to crave cannabis again though, but has been sober. He has had a pretty tough childhood and he was adopted, so masking all the emotional pain with numbing cannabis has done the trick for him in the past. He has been in a pretty intensive therapy, which has helped him quite a lot. I would say that his drug usage has affected how people see him and he is a bit of a "underdog" in a way.

In the second chart he has been mostly using cannabis, but also shrooms and ectacy. For him it has been an escape from himself and his own thoughts in his head. He has had a lot of anger issues and issues with self-hatred and for him these drugs has offered a warm and soft place to land into. When he used, he had a lot of anger towards the world and this illusion we call life and he felt mistreated by it. This person has just started therapy and is going through all the things connected to his drug abuse, but he is very early in his process and does not (IMHO) yet truly understand the depth of why he used and why not to use anymore. He still glamorizes drugs (MY opinion) and he thinks that especially shrooms and cannabis helped him to see the way God sees and I still feel that he has a longing for that feeling...This person has a very good upbringing and is from a "good home" and has most luxuries that a person can wish for and his family, especially mom has been part of all of this. His mom pays for his therapy also. His dad died when he was 7 years old and I think that emotional numbness and coldness that came with that has affected why he attracted drugs to "spark up" his emotional life.

Last edited by Ebenia; 11-01-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Unread 11-01-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebenia View Post
For the first chart the details are 23th of February 1990.

I should say that in the first chart this person is mostly addicted to cannabis and has been in treatment for it. It is known to everyone in his circles that he has used and it is very big part of his personal identity. I have to say though that he is very contemplative and very insightful person and seems to go very deep in understanding why he used and has analyzed it to death. He is having hard time right now and seems to crave cannabis again though, but has been sober. He has had a pretty tough childhood and he was adopted, so masking all the emotional pain with numbing cannabis has done the trick for him in the past. He has been in a pretty intensive therapy, which has helped him quite a lot. I would say that his drug usage has affected how people see him and he is a bit of a "underdog" in a way.

In the second chart he has been mostly using cannabis, but also shrooms and ectacy. For him it has been an escape from himself and his own thoughts in his head. He has had a lot of anger issues and issues with self-hatred and for him these drugs has offered a warm and soft place to land into. When he used, he had a lot of anger towards the world and this illusion we call life and he felt mistreated by it. This person has just started therapy and is going through all the things connected to his drug abuse, but he is very early in his process and does not (IMHO) yet truly understand the depth of why he used and why not to use anymore. He still glamorizes drugs (MY opinion) and he thinks that especially shrooms and cannabis helped him to see the way God sees and I still feel that he has a longing for that feeling...This person has a very good upbringing and is from a "good home" and has most luxuries that a person can wish for and his family, especially mom has been part of all of this. His mom pays for his therapy also. His dad died when he was 7 years old and I think that emotional numbness and coldness that came with that has affected why he attracted drugs to "spark up" his emotional life.
Thank you for the information again.

For the first chart, you said it is publicly known. That should be the link of MC ruler Mars being in the 6th as part of the formation of his addiction issue that also is the identity he possessed.

For the second chart, Venus is the ruler of his 12th house, interestingly addiction is to do with his disappointment of the ideal and his anger toward God 9th he had in his mind. 9th house ruler Mercury is even exalted and placed in angular house. Venus and Chiron in 9th house and wounded.

All these details made so much sense. I do believe the stars telling us the story for our whole life and somehow, we must learn from both sufferings and joy just to learn about life. Sometime somewhere, we may all need to go through similar incarnation to gain the complete understanding of all aspects of life.
I believe there is something of the divine mystery in everything that exists. We can see it sparkle in a sunflower or a poppy. We sense more of the unfathomable mystery in a butterfly that flutters from a twig--or in a goldfish swimming in a bowl. But we are closest to God in our own soul. Only there can we become one with the greatest mystery of life. In truth, at very rare moments we can experience that we ourselves are that divine mystery. --Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World
Unread 11-02-2013, 05:10 AM

he is standing on a blade's edge, on his right side is success and on his left side failure.

What I mean is that success for him is totally in his control. IF HE WANTS TO, he can change his life.

he doesn't need to be totally off canabis, but just tell him to not to smoke every day or it then becomes habit forming. Or smoke only after he has accomplished one important point (that he has to do to make his life normal and successful again). Or smoke along with friends who are smoking the same BUT NOT EVERY DAY.

There really is no big harm in smoking cannabis, but this will not solve any of his problems, and smoking occasionally will not cause any harm at all. Drinking is more harmful whether you drink once or continuously. Nobody dies from smoking cannabis but lots of deaths are directly or indirectly related to drinking.

Wine is the mother of all evils.I don't understand why drinks are allowed while cannabis is not.

The raw opium from the poppy flower is used in a lot of medicines. ephedrine derived from it is used in alopathic medicines for colds mostly or for pain. Without it the cold or flu medicine (like for example actifed p for cold) will not work and you will not be satisfied of its results at all. You can confirm this from persons suffering from the same.

But then again, cannabis is habit forming just like smoking, so it is best not to smoke every day. Even smoking 3 times a week is okay but not every day.

Nobody rapes or kills (usually) while under its influence while the same cannot be said about drinking.

Why drunks are allowed to drive cars is simply beyond me.

where the second person is concerned, he can see the way god sees while smoking cannabis? I think that he is smoking to many cigarettes of cannabis.

When i say that he (the first person) can smoke cannabis, I mean just ONE CIGARETTE only or one cigarette which is being shared by many (the usual way of smoking cannabis).

AND PLEASE BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THIS (for the first person) that his life is totally in his hands. he can just leave smoking cannabis and never want for more in just one day if he wants. Right now he needs some one to guide him (counseling), to create in him the willingness to make something out of himself.

it needs continuous effort from him now to start his life again and be someone in other persons eyes. A determined continuous effort on his part

bye for now

A person who thinks he knows everything has still a lot to learn

Last edited by sethi; 11-02-2013 at 05:32 AM.
Unread 11-02-2013, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethi View Post
Please give the time of birth as otherwise the chart would not be reliable.
It said 0107am there. But then no place. Maybe is too private.
Unread 11-02-2013, 01:34 PM

The full details are February 23rd 1990 1:07 pm Riihimaki Finland

I think it is an interesting question on how "dangerous" for example cannabis is, but to my understanding and experience, the thing that makes cannabis dangerous, is that when the person is in emotional pain and turbulence and instead of going through the pain, uses cannabis to soften the pain, psychological processes will not go forward and this jams the person into a hole with themselves. One of the key things about NOT using anything is that you have to go through your dirt and that makes you stronger, it makes you trust yourself and life and makes you a true warrior...when you escape your emotional pain into anything, be it alcohol, cannabis, ectacy, whatever, you shoot yourself in the foot.

I am sure cannabis is not at "bad" as alcohol for example to the body, but for the mind, it really is detrimential.
Unread 03-08-2019, 12:09 AM

Drugs in Astrology

In Astrology Drugs are related with 6th House, 8th House and 12th House

6th house is associated with Medicine, Healers, Pharmacy, Drugs, Health, Mental Illness

8th house is associated with past lives, karma, addictions, sex, drugs and alcool

12th house is associated with poblems, difficulties, challenges and prisions here you can see your dark side.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg addiction.jpg (103.8 KB, 17 views)
Unread 04-01-2019, 10:41 PM

I use midpoint formations a great deal in my work in addition to aspects and configurations. I use midpoint configurations very much like they are configurations. Mars/Neptune contacts and Saturn/Neptune contacts are common. Especially Mars/Neptune. A prominent Pisces will sometime bring the tendencies, especially Moon in Pisces. Twelfth House is sometimes involved.

Mars/Neptune can tend to alcoholism, drugs, or just popping harmless pills.

If there is no aspect, it may be a midpoint combination such as Sun aspecting the midpoint Mars/Neptune, or Mars aspecting the midpoint of Sun/Neptune, or Neptune aspecting the midpoint Sun/Mars. All the examples I give are a Sun/Mars/Neptune picture. Then replace Sun with any prominent chart feature and apply as before.

Ebenia gave two chart examples. One had a stellium of Saturn/Mars/Neptune. That certainly qualifies. The other had a Mars/Neptune square, but this was greatly emphasized because Sun opposes the midpoint of Mars/Neptune, which are both good examples.

You might be surprised though. My mother had Mars-oppose-Neptune. She never did anything of the kind. She hated alcohol because of the damage it had done. She was counselor who counseled alcoholics for 15 years.

Tags
abuse, chart, drug