Who here considers Uranus a difficult/malefic planet?

Inconjunct

I like the analogy poyi - different planets bring different things to that white breasd though. Jupiter makes sure there's plenty of butter and even some jam if you're lucky. Saturn makes you work for the butter or withholds the butter cos you need to be losing some weight. Pluto will give you the butter once you've crawled over broken glass to get it. But with Uranus, you never know if you're going to get butter or dog doo!

Carris

I like the analogy poyi - different planets bring different things to that white breasd though. Jupiter makes sure there's plenty of butter and even some jam if you're lucky. Saturn makes you work for the butter or withholds the butter cos you need to be losing some weight. Pluto will give you the butter once you've crawled over broken glass to get it. But with Uranus, you never know if you're going to get butter or dog doo!
Haha thats a good one! But uranus would not give something as conventional as butter - he would probably give a mixture of something radical and rebellious like ketchup, caviar, marmalade and bacon on the white bread. Or he probably wouldn't even give white bread - but something exotic like lotus seed crisps.

Munch

Haha thats a good one! But uranus would not give something as conventional as butter - he would probably give a mixture of something radical and rebellious like ketchup, caviar, marmalade and bacon on the white bread. Or he probably wouldn't even give white bread - but something exotic like lotus seed crisps.

That's my Uranus. I love it no matter how many times I get blind sided by its energy. I feel like Dorothy on a regular basis. I get swept up in these crazy whirl winds and deposited in the most unusual places and situations. The journey may not always be pleasant and I may hate the in flight movie, but I usually end up really digging the destination. :biggrin:

poyi

Premium Member

hahaha you are Hilarious lol

poyi

Premium Member

Uranus is NOT that bad :innocent:. Doing Crazy things is Totally Healthy!

All the breakthrough in human history from as big as the greatest of the great- Crazy hair Scientist Einstein to as little as the everyday inventor for Potato Chips-Burger Jumbo are all because of this lovely Uranus!

waybread

Sue Tompkins makes the interesting point that the product of decayed uranium is lead. Thus Uranus's metal turns into that of Saturn. Thus is it with these two planets - what was once new and innovative becomes established and traditional over time.

I don't trust Uranus, that's the bottom line.

OK, but the element uranium has no relationship to the planet Uranus that I know of. This seems like a poor analogy.

The root of the word Uranus (as well as the muse of astrology and asteroid Urania) means "heavenly".

Some astrologers think the planet Uranus was misnamed, and that a better match from mythology was Prometheus-- the Titan who broke the rules and brought fire to humanity. Prometheus was punished for his disobedience....just as Uranian people cannot expect that status quo-lovers will understand the meaning of liberation.

astretina

Uranus is in general MALEFIC. It favors otherworldly, eccentric and unusual activities.

Acting +vely (rarely), it can make genius. Look for good aspect from Jupiter or Venus. Makes good Astrologer, Inventor, Professor, Teacher, etc.

In general, it does not give material success. Most of the people under influence of this planet don't make money they deserve. Strong Uranians probably make 10-20% of their talent. With the same talent, a Jupiterian will be making 200-500% easily.

On health matters, medicines may not work. Mostly, they have to struggle to find their way to survive. They find their own way of life, meditation, yoga, herb, exercise, vitamins, and so on.

In interpersonal relationship, it is difficult to connect to other people (that's why eccentricity). When two people talk face to face, magnetic aura connect them. Uranians are in general not recipient to others aura. And others don't feel comfortable. However, with many people, they can be of good/great success - making public speaker.

In numerology, Uranus is associated with number 4. In general failures in life, if success, great success, but after several attempts and failures.

Uranus is considered energy behind discoveries and inventions. But how many - one Uranion out of hundreds or thousands of Uranions.

Saffron color increases strength of Uranus. Most of Indian Yogis and Sadhus wear Saffron cloths, which increases tendency of being otherworldly.

spot on, my natal uranus is close to my midheaven 8 degrees, squaring my ascendant, highest elevated planet (declination wise also) retrograde, on the ecliptic (2 minutes of latitude orb, maximum uranus tilt is about 0.8° degrees), conjunct its own heliocentric and geocentric south node, in the nodal degrees (mean lunar node), and on the sun/moon midpoint (almost partile few seconds of orb)

now thats a strong uranus wouldn't you say...

i can testify of its difficult influences...

Last edited:

kimbermoon

Again we are forgetting that any planet can generate both positive or negative situations; it all depends on it's aspects and place in the chart. When expressing positively, Uranus is about change that brings about progress and advancement; it breaks us out of ruts that otherwise seem impossible to break. It clears out the old to make for the new, without the intensity of Pluto. Freedom and independence are the goals, as is autonomy.
On a higher level Uranus is the 'creative intellect' that allows one to see higher and further than the common mind; it allows for broader perspectives, and understanding that allow for changes in attitude and expectation, which in turn creates greater humanity and brotherhood. It also stands against oppression and tyranny by provoking revolt.
We can only judge it's influence on an individual basis, depending on it's configurations in the chart.

waybread

Uranus isn't a planet that deals with material success. If anything, it opposes the traditional notion of material success as the key to happiness. Sort of like the major religions do, as well. So this isn't a fair criterion. Uranus does deal with our ability to cope with rapid change and personal liberation.

theV

my Uranus neptune conjunct my moon jupiter conjunct by antisica
Uranus square my mars/node conjunct
Uranus square my midheaven
Uranus sesqui venus
Aquarius DSC

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
In horary, Uranus is considered a malefic.

But in modern astrology, it really depends on the chart. You could have a very powerful, very low friction Uranus, and in this case only the best and nicest parts of Uranus would come to the fore for you.

Astrology is not cetegorically simple; everything interacts with everything else.

I used to ask my teacher, the famous astrologer Kt Boehrer(who was a student and then master teacher in the system of the even more famous Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson) these kinds of questions. I was a slow learner. She would always say, "Let me see the chart". Finally I got the idea.

jupiterianguru

Uranus to me is a positive planet. It is electric liberating enlightening and works in the realm of ideas for the most part but they are always interesting. Modern art for instance has a very Uranian vibe its different and interesting focuses on higher and abstract ideas. Its not malific but not benific either kind of neutral makes people think. I just say that cause I enjoy going to those kinds of museums.

Uranus also rules over humanitarian stuff and new ideas. Its not all bad but like every other planet has a bad side.

The bad side is the drug criminal "rebel" culture (drugs themselves ruled by Neptune) and the people who want to be victims and destroy themselves.

The good side is new ideas freedom of thought democracy America for one was founded when Uranus was conjunct the ascendant almost exact according to some sources.

Uranus pushes social inclusion and a sense of belonging to all.

Calvinsmom

astro_w2gw_01_me_hp.15186.33259.gif

Calvinsmom

Hi, posted my chart above this to illustrate.

I have Uranus/Mercury/Pluto stellium, Uranus in 2nd opposed Moon.

I made friends with the upheaval. Here is my story:

I grappled with poverty as a single mother in my 30's and was very
depressed. I was so broke and desperate and longing for some sort of financial windfall to save me.

I used to buy Powerball lottery tickets and I would write in a journal 24 times a day, "I wish to win a $100,000.00 Powerball lottery jackpot" in hopes of somehow magically boosting my insane odds. Eventually I gave up and realized it just wasn't ever going to happen. I wasn't focused on a multi million dollar prize, just something slightly easier odds of the 100 grand.

Anyway, some years later I met a man and moved in with him. He ended up being luckier than a lottery ticket and he provided my son and I a much better life. Prior to his death, he bought a home for us and paid cash. It was a simpler home as far as the U.S. goes, he was not rich but he had more cash than I ever dreamt of. He became very elderly and ill, and I was his full time caregiver. After being released from the hospital for the last time, he told me he did not like the house he bought us and wanted something better. He took out a mortgage and we moved into what was to be my dream home. It was everything I ever imagined and then some. Four months after we moved in, he passed away suddenly. I sold the previous home and received a check for $112,000.00 and was stunned. I sold the house in 3 days as it was late spring 2008 and the real estate market was about to go bust.

My son and I lived on the money for a few years, it brought us a lot of joy in addition to living in our dream home. I became self employed and have never looked back. My son got a full academic scholarship and the dream house was never in my name. I ended up selling it back in July and was not able to make a profit. All I was able to receive was a moving/relocation check for $3,000.00. I gave my son $2,000.00 as it was on his 19th birthday and he was about to leave for Paris, France to attend school abroad and his scholarship money was not arriving until the next month. I found a nice little rental mobile home to move into and paid my rent with the remaining $1,000.00.

Three and a half weeks later, the mortgage company called the title company and demanded my $3,000.00 back or they would cancel the sale. The title company was confused, that had never occurred before. The title company had to redo the paperwork after the mortgage company RETURNED the entire mortgage and demanded my money back in order to proceed with a revised sale contract! So, of course I agreed to pay the title company back and the title company paid the mortgage company and it was settled. In the meantime, I am making payments on it and am grateful for it all. I was blessed and lucky for having a 2nd house Uranus and crazy windfall fortune when I needed it most.

And that's how I learned to make friends with difficult/malefic Uranus!

astralrabbit

Account Closed
Ha ha~ this planet's energy awakens something far greater than the idea that encompasses "good" or "bad"....by castrating or purging the idea of what perfect is, it brings forth , the awareness of a love so divine that no one soul can contain, alter, or control alone in its purest of forms. Most fortunate is the fool who learns quickly that the structures they build to covet this unconditional energy will quickly crumble to the strike of the hand of this planet's clock~ Jayesham Ishvaram

Last edited:

brion

Very interesting point of view. I have uranus, venus and moon all conjunct though I wouldn't consider myself 'uranian' though it definitely has a huge influence on me and has both made and broken me. I also am extremely sexual with uranus in the 8th but Saturn being very strong in the 8th with it has made me extremely functional and sort of suppresses a lot of my 'uranian' things from getting expressed. probably a good thing but makes me frustrated at the same time. There must be a balance in all things.

I, for one, do not consider Uranus a malefic, but then, I am a Sun Conjunct Uranus in Cancer (Moon, too!). In psychology, I would be called "reactive," as in, if you say something mean, petty, unkind, I react to that - and I don't mean, something unkind to me. I mean, ABOUT others (i.e., "look at that fatso," "I hate Muslims," "She's too old to be wearing a bikini"). Of course, THAT could be my Pluto/Jupiter Trine (hates unfairness, unethical behavior/morality, injustice). Hard to pull them apart.
BUT. When I had my handwriting analyzed by the very famous Ann Mahoney (located in San Francisco), we both agreed my heart was in the right place. And the person who knew me best in the world (along with a highly enlightened friend) saw me as loving, kind, fiercely protective of my friends.
SO. I don't see myself as malefic. In the Meyers-Briggs, I test as an INFJ, the "Romeo-Juliet" persona: All For Love. That's not really malefic, methinks. Also, the ability to detect good and evil in others, which, logically, if I was malefic, I'd be - as I and other shrinks would say - "projecting," which I rarely do.
Uranus is only as "malefic" as a person is stuck in a rut as in "I hate change. I like the way things are. I don't want to grow." Chaos energy. But then, look at Queen Elizabeth, who just had a Uranus/Sun Conjunction by transit. Did you see how quickly she adjusted to the "new norm" and even now refers to Prince Andrew as "my grandson"? Something that royal watcher said was "astonishing." (The Queen traditionally refers - even when mentioning her children - to everyone by their title, never their relation to her). Tell ME that's not a Uranian change! Malefic? Nah. When I see Uranus acting as a malefic is when - usually - one has a Saturn/Uranus square/conjunction/opposition in the natal chart, or Uranus conjunct Pluto. AND, if the those aspects are ALSO tied to personal planets. THAT is when I could see Uranus as malefic, but it is a combination of psychological pathologies that enjoin it to cause malefic behavior to manifest. Myself, I don't have any of those in my chart. I'd say I'm quick to turn on people who hate others because of the color of their skin/ethnicity (I'm Black, by the way, and nearly 70), so I've watched America, in particular, (I'm American) slowly change. Not fast enough for me, the Uranian. I see as much racism as I did when i first became aware of skin color being a reason for hate (that was around 1965, when my family moved to the (White) suburbs). And half my family is white, too, so that was truly strange to deal with! And by virtue of being (half) Black, I have considerable empathy for say, Muslims (and now the Chinese, who are being blamed for the Coronavirus [hateful thinking in and of itself]). I know what it's like to be hated.
So...in conclusion! A chicken in every pot. Oops...wrong decade. Change in every life. And if you can go with the flow, Uranus is challenging, but not deadly. But if you are rigid (Carl Sagan comes to mind, and he died during his Uranus/Sun transit (??) or some other significant Uranus transit): TROUBLE WILL ERUPT. SUDDENLY, as befits Uranus. Sagan was brilliant, but rigid. And he wouldn't change, so, Uranus did what it does when one resists. It can be as deadly as Pluto, but YOU have to make it so. If you accept it, it knocks you upside the head, but more in the way a big brother knocks his little brother upside the head, and say, "I told you to SLIDE into home plate, butthead!," but still loves his little brother.
"Studying" the planets is great, but find someone with a particular energy and ask them what it feels like to them. A much more empirical way of studying Life.
By the way, my friends think I'm the goofiest (I am), weirdest person around(not in the world, just of the people they know). And finally: Robin Williams, born several weeks after me, was also a Sun Conjunct Uranus. He seem malefic to you?? His worst (natal) Uranus aspect was the Uranus/Mars conjunction (a big no-no) and when both were hit by Pluto years ago, he committed suicide. But otherwise, people said he was the sweetest guy they'd ever met.

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
The ancients did not successfully explain the meaning of "malefic" when they ascribed the term to Saturn. We have learned to adapt to the term and to our experience of Saturn. No one today ignores the good that comes from Saturn in some charts. Saturn has properties that make it essential to life, but being malefic means it often brings trouble, sometimes tragic trouble.

The same can be said of Uranus. The outer planets, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto qualify as malefic if Saturn does.

I have known many astrologers to take offense at such suggestions as if an ancient prophet and his "scripture" has been besmirched. Of course, the ancients didn't understand Uranus or any of the outer planets. Treating astrology as a radical fundamentalism has brought much harm to astrology.

If astrologers wish to abolish the term "malefic" as it refers to Saturn, I can accommodate that, but it is a traditional and useful term, and it also applies to Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto. No one is ignoring the good that comes from the outer planets. They have properties that make them essential to life. Hence we find the malefic property again as we find with Saturn. Notice how often a transit from such planets is anticipated with some trepidation.

If you can't see the good in Uranus, says the hipper-than-thou astrologer, then I pity you. It is impossibly short-sighted to praise Uranus excessively because it is harmoniously situated in one's own chart. That is a sign of self-centeredness or narrow-mindedness, not astrological perception. One must study Uranus widely across many charts.

In trance, Edgar Cayce said that a chart distinguished by Uranus might be a very good person or a very bad one. Cayce had it on his Ascendant, and so did Hitler. It is the potential for harm that makes a malefic planet malefic.