Needing guidance (Amateur attempt at reading my chart!)

Dmarie11

After posting a couple of other charts, I received a lot of helpful info to study when it comes to the limited understanding I have as a (very new!) beginner. I’m giving it a go here, sharing the few bits I’ve tried to sort out.... which are only the basics so far lol. Hopefully you can make any corrections and provide insight when it comes to the many things I haven’t been able grasp yet! Thanks :)

Should I contact my ex?
https://i.imgur.com/p6xMPgR.jpg

L1: Jupiter, Moon, Venus
L7: Mercury, Sun

- Jupiter in domicile of Sagittarius
- Moon in Pisces, Venus exalted in Pisces and Mercury in its detriment fall in Pisces (L3/communication, ruled by Jupiter)
- Sun exalted in Aries (L4, ruled by Mars)

- Moon conjuct Mercury (applying)
- Moon conjuct Venus (applying)
- Mercury conjuct Venus (separating)
- Mercury square Jupiter (applying)
- Jupiter receives Mercury

Definitely don’t have a clear understanding of the following:
- Since Sun is in Aries, do I also need to consider placement of Mars in Gemini (L6), as well as it’s square/separating aspects with Moon and Venus?
- Not really clear on how Mercury’s detriment fall in Jupiter’s sign and Venus’s exaltation should be interpreted, but not good since it’s in a bad state? Or somehow represents his feelings?
- Is Saturn playing a role in L2, due to Sun’s square/applying aspect and Mercury’s sextile/applying aspect to it? Could it represent an issue or third party?
- Do terms matter in this chart, with Venus being in first 8 deg of Pisces?
- Sun and Venus in exaltation makes them stronger? Unsure of other meanings related to exaltation?
- Does Moon’s placement in cadent house predict bad outcome?
- Is Moon at critical degree and also pointing to bad outcome?
- Yet another negative prediction with Moon square/separating from Mars in 6th house?

Thanks again for any assistance!

Chrysalis

Quite simply, when moon goes to conjunct your ex/mercury in your 3rd house, does mercury receive this aspect well ?

What planet does moon aspect next ? Is it a benefic or a malefic that helps or hinders the situation ?

Okay ill answer it for you. Moon next then goes to saturn, and saturns the most malefic planet in this chart too, as this is a night chart, so saturn will manifest its most negative qualities as in being cold and pushing you away.

My answer would be to not reach out.

rafaella

After posting a couple of other charts, I received a lot of helpful info to study when it comes to the limited understanding I have as a (very new!) beginner. I’m giving it a go here, sharing the few bits I’ve tried to sort out.... which are only the basics so far lol. Hopefully you can make any corrections and provide insight when it comes to the many things I haven’t been able grasp yet! Thanks :)

Should I contact my ex?
https://i.imgur.com/p6xMPgR.jpg

L1: Jupiter, Moon, Venus
L7: Mercury, Sun

- Jupiter in domicile of Sagittarius
- Moon in Pisces, Venus exalted in Pisces and Mercury in its detriment fall in Pisces (L3/communication, ruled by Jupiter)
- Sun exalted in Aries (L4, ruled by Mars)

- Moon conjuct Mercury (applying)
- Moon conjuct Venus (applying)
- Mercury conjuct Venus (separating)
- Mercury square Jupiter (applying)
- Jupiter receives Mercury

Definitely don’t have a clear understanding of the following:
- Since Sun is in Aries, do I also need to consider placement of Mars in Gemini (L6), as well as it’s square/separating aspects with Moon and Venus? No Sun is a secondary significator, Sun would be used for purpose of gauging out his interest, receptions wise. Focus on primary significators.
- Not really clear on how Mercury’s detriment fall in Jupiter’s sign and Venus’s exaltation should be interpreted, but not good since it’s in a bad state? Or somehow represents his feelings? Mercury in its detriment, he is in bad shape but also because he is in sign of Jupiter. He is in a state of vulnerability. Mercury thinks highly of love and you since, Venus is planet of love and your secondary significator.

- Is Saturn playing a role in L2, due to Sun’s square/applying aspect and Mercury’s sextile/applying aspect to it? Could it represent an issue or third party? Mercury does apply to Saturn first before it applies to Jupiter. this is a communication chart, Saturn represents your inbox, your possession. Mercury applies to Saturn, he will write to you. If this was a relationship question, then Saturn would be considered a planet that prohibits. Saturn however is dignified, its not malefic in its usual sense. Its delays. Plus here you have Moon applying to Mercury, you got an aspect already

- Do terms matter in this chart, with Venus being in first 8 deg of Pisces? yes, when looking at reception
- Sun and Venus in exaltation makes them stronger? Unsure of other meanings related to exaltation? yes, dignity is strong when in exaltation. I would suggest looking at the table of dignities http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html

- Does Moon’s placement in cadent house predict bad outcome? Cadent house is not the best, angular houses give accidental dignity. Moon is peregrine...But Moon is with a benefic plus in 3rd house - house of communication, if Moon is with a benefic that has strong dignity then things usually go more smoothly. Check out Lilly's Aphorisms.. google it or in his book
- Is Moon at critical degree and also pointing to bad outcome? No
- Yet another negative prediction with Moon square/separating from Mars in 6th house? Past aspect shows what happened in the past, unless Mars was a significator, we don't need to look at it.

Thanks again for any assistance!

Its good that you are making an good effort to learn horary... well done. Even people who have been here many years, still can't read charts or they read them incorrectly.

We need to look at receptions, is he interested? Mercury in sign of Jupiter, you. Yes he does like you. So that makes it easier for us to assume if you write to him, he will be less likely to reject. Is there an aspect? Yes Moon here is closely conjunct Venus exalted benefic... then goes to Mercury - there is contact.

But what I am wondering why Jupiter is in detriment of Mercury and so is Moon? Moon exalts Venus. Its like you are more focused on romance than him in particular... perhaps there is more backstory to this? Mer is also conjunct Neptune, which suggests he is a bit confused in life and not very expressive.

I've answered your questions above in Bold. Hope this helps!

cheers :)

Last edited:

Dmarie11

Quite simply, when moon goes to conjunct your ex/mercury in your 3rd house, does mercury receive this aspect well ?

What planet does moon aspect next ? Is it a benefic or a malefic that helps or hinders the situation ?

Okay ill answer it for you. Moon next then goes to saturn, and saturns the most malefic planet in this chart too, as this is a night chart, so saturn will manifest its most negative qualities as in being cold and pushing you away.

My answer would be to not reach out.

Thank you for the input, Chysalis!

Dmarie11

Its good that you are making an good effort to learn horary... well done. Even people who have been here many years, still can't read charts or they read them incorrectly.

We need to look at receptions, is he interested? Mercury in sign of Jupiter, you. Yes he does like you. So that makes it easier for us to assume if you write to him, he will be less likely to reject. Is there an aspect? Yes Moon here is closely conjunct Venus exalted benefic... then goes to Mercury - there is contact.

But what I am wondering why Jupiter is in detriment of Mercury and so is Moon? Moon exalts Venus. Its like you are more focused on romance than him in particular... perhaps there is more backstory to this? Mer is also conjunct Neptune, which suggests he is a bit confused in life and not very expressive.

I've answered your questions above in Bold. Hope this helps!

cheers :)

This is great info, so thank you! I really do want to gain an understanding of horary and the feedback in these posts are a huge help in clarifying what I’ve read :)

Jupiter and Moon being in detriment of Mercury is interesting. Could it actually relate to feelings of both love and hurt? Serious, long-term relationship ended a couple of months ago and although he hurt me badly, I really do still love and miss him. I’ve forgiven him in my heart and wish we could at least be on friendly terms, because this unresolved conflict with someone so important in my life for the last 12 years weighs heavily. Just having a hard time figuring out how he’d even receive contact, since he’s stubborn and I also assume he could still be in defense mode.

Conjunction between Mercury and Neptune makes so much sense. This grace and forgiveness I have toward him is due to my belief that he’s been going through a confusing period and struggles to express those feelings. I was pretty confused by some things I came across in researching the Moon, so I’ll definitely read up on Lilly’s Aphorisms. Saturn was also throwing me for a loop. Your notes on this are really helpful, because I didn’t realize there was a possibility it could represent anything other than negative here.

Can you point me toward a good place to start in understanding future aspects? When it comes to a communication chart showing contact should be made, I’m assuming this is how one would determine a favorable time to do so. This subject might be something simple that I’m just totally missing lol, but I haven’t gotten a grasp of it yet!

Thanks again :)

Dmarie11

So is it radical ? Check the hour ruler.

Ok, still really unfamiliar with this... Am I correct in thinking Mercury is hour ruler? So Mercury needs to agree with ascendant lord Jupiter? Earth and air, so chart is not radical and cannot be interpreted?

Dmarie11

So is it radical ? Check the hour ruler.[/QUOTE

I’m obviously lost on this part haha and realized I also need to check relationship between hour ruler and asc sign? Or no?

If so, we know Mercury and asc lord Jupiter do not agree (earth and air)? Then looking at hour ruler Mercury and asc sign Sag, it’s another disagreement since Mercury is cold/dry and Sag is hot/dry? Therefore chart is not radical and cannot be interpreted? Not sure if this is completely wrong lol, but trying to understand :)

Dmarie11

Yes, the chart is not radical with Mercury as hour ruler. In this case i'd say the question is frivolous.

I appreciate your reminder of the hour ruler, because I needed that practice in figuring it out and it’ll also remind me to confirm this in future charts.

rafaella

Is this because some don’t consider the hour ruler? Geniuinely trying to learn, so any clarification will help. Thanks!

Radicality of a chart is not something that everyone look at, many practicing astrologers don't use it - frawley is completely dismissive of it. And in fact many of LIllys chart are non radical... so does make you wonder. We can read any chart, but considerations before judgement are there for astrologers to get some more information from the chart. It might suggest the question itself may not fit the chart for example etc...

So do not think your chart is invalid, it's up to individual astrologer to decide if they want to read it...

Dmarie11

Radicality of a chart is not something that everyone look at, many practicing astrologers don't use it - frawley is completely dismissive of it. And in fact many of LIllys chart are non radical... so does make you wonder. We can read any chart, but considerations before judgement are there for astrologers to get some more information from the chart. It might suggest the question itself may not fit the chart for example etc...

So do not think your chart is invalid, it's up to individual astrologer to decide if they want to read it...

Thank you for this clarification!

heidy26

Traditionally, checking if a chart is radical or not is a requirement and not an option. If the chart is not radical, the question is not something that should be looked into (for various reasons from it's none of your business till there is no real interest in it). Asking what does your ex do in the bedroom and with who is an example of 'none of your business' or asking about a guy you saw at the coffee shop for 2 minutes really screams no interest and so on.
If you read ancient texts and follow the rules as they are, radicality being the most important check - not a warning (warnings are a different thing), you will get why and how it works.

Modern astrology bends the rules, but astrology goes back 2000 years or more and the rules are there for a reason.
Makes sense ?