what are the trigon lords telling me?

DeLaSoul

6yo3k3.gif

my question regards the moon and it's aspect pattern's essential dignity

moon in triplicity/hayz making mutual receptions with it's term/sign rulers (venus/jupiter). its in 11th house with nocturnal trigon rulers Venus and Mars...

I also notice MO/VE=MC and Mars squares MC tightly...

Mars being dignified by nocturnal domicile/term/face, I find myself quite enraged often and frustrated. I wonder if Mars does more damage than good in my chart? the harsh square to MC/pfortune yet it supports moon/venus by flowing aspects, not sure what to make of this myself???

Is it worse than I think it is?

at the moment life feels delayed. I'm going to school, currently set on a technology path degree wise (not that I have a passion for it but I can somewhat understand the field and am willing to work within the industry for a living.)

[deleted mentioning of outer planets and modern aspect pattern - since outer planets are not normally used in traditional astrology - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

tsmall

Premium Member
If a member can truly help me out with my chart it would be most appreciated.

That really is difficult to do as it is hard to know exactly what you are asking.

my question regards the moon and it's aspect pattern's essential dignity

moon in triplicity/hayz making mutual receptions with it's term/sign rulers (venus/jupiter). its in 11th house with nocturnal trigon rulers Venus and Mars...

Moon is a participating triplicity ruler in the water triplicity according to Dorothean triplicities, but not the triplicity ruler even if it is a night chart. That honor goes to Mars (by Ptolemy as well as he gives water to Mars by both day and night.)

Moon is separating from a sextile with Venus, and there is no mutual reception there. Moon is in Venus' terms but Venus is in Moon's detriment. So Venus receives Moon but Moon does NOT receive Venus. So Moon is in one of Venus' places, received by Venus, but hates Venus. This is like having a guest in your home who doesn't like you and spends the whole time he is there criticizing everything about you and your home and you have to just let them do it.

Because Venus is your ASC ruler and Moon is your sect light that is bound to create some frustration right there, and given that the aspect is a sextile that energy flows easily.

Moon and Jupiter are in mutual reception with Moon applying to a trine with Jupiter, but Jupiter is retrograde, exalted, out of sect..it's like he wants to help Moon but whatever he does just makes things worse.

Nocturnal trigon rulers of what, exactly??? The ASC??? The Moon??? ASC is in Earth and Moon rules Earth by night. Moon is in Water and as previously mentioned Mars rules Water by night. Venus has no triplicity rulership in a night chart over either.

Mars being dignified by nocturnal domicile/term/face, I find myself quite enraged often and frustrated. I wonder if Mars does more damage than good in my chart? the harsh square to MC/pfortune yet it supports moon/venus by flowing aspects, not sure what to make of this myself???

I'm quite certain you don't know what to make of it because you are trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

There is nothing nocturnal or diurnal about essential dignity. Mars is quite well dignified for being in his own domicile/bound/decan and for being in joy. He is of the sect of the chart, but below the horizon with the Sun, in his preferred domicile. He is also cadent.

I don't know what you think it is, and I'm pretty sure you don't know what you think it is either.

at the moment life feels delayed. I'm going to school, currently set on a technology path degree wise (not that I have a passion for it but I can somewhat understand the field and am willing to work within the industry for a living.)

Okay. What does this have to do with your trigon lords? I still haven't figured out how to answer your question because your question is unrelated to what you have posted.

[removed all references to non-traditional astrology - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeLaSoul

my apologies, haven't logged into this board in months. i've been busy with other things.. looks like this thread is still on the first page and hasn't been bumped down very much since I last visited. :)
I don't know what you think it is, and I'm pretty sure you don't know what you think it is either.

[removed all references to non-traditional astrology - Moderator]
I am unsure, that is why I am asking for help on an astrology forum....

sorry I haven't spent my time reading through a bunch of ancient texts like you, mr. know it all.
no need for the rudeness in your tone either. you were much nicer via Private message.

tsmall

Premium Member
my apologies, haven't logged into this board in months. i've been busy with other things.. looks like this thread is still on the first page and hasn't been bumped down very much since I last visited. :)

sorry I haven't spent my time reading through a bunch of ancient texts like you, mr. know it all.
no need for the rudeness in your tone either. you were much nicer via Private message.

The gender for that would be Ms., not Mr. :wink:

I could tell you hadn't spent time reading ancient texts, and that was fine. As to tone, well, it is hard to determine tone from a post on a forum, isn't it? If there was any "tone" involved in this post it was one of trying to sort out and pin down what you were asking because you were making complete hash of it. :biggrin: (That was not rudeness either, just a statement of truth.)

Please notice that I was the only one who attmepted to do so? You said

Again, my tone is only inquiring when I ask how someone can be expected to answer that question when we don't know (because you had not stated) exactly what you think it is?

You said in your thread title that you wanted to know what your trigon lords are telling you. I attmepted to break down the rest of your post and point out where you were going astray in your analysis.

To make it simpler, trigon = triplicity. In reading back, it was clear that you were unsure how to assign triplicity rulers for the planets or points in your chart. I have to say though that I find it funny that you thanked my post when I made it in January, sent me the pm after I posted to your thread, and only now are finding my "tone" rude. :andy:

Mars regrograde in Libra, perhaps? :cool:

JUPITERASC

no need for the rudeness in your tone either. you were much nicer via Private message
No one is perfect, we all have flaws..... by the way, ancient texts can be most illuminating here's a link to a particularly valuable ancient text that is well worth studying and there's no need to even learn Ancient Greek as Professor Riley translated it and then provided it FREE gratis and for nothing at http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf :smile:

Robert Schmidt of Project Hindsight has also translated the same document but unsurprisingly requires payment for the decades of slog required to produce the work http://www.projecthindsight.com/

Larxene

Dorotheus in his Carmen Astrologicum and Valens in his The Anthology talks about the trigon lords and how to interpret them for a bit. I suggest reading these two works.

Book 1 and 2 of Carmen Astrologicum are available on Skyscript. Riley's translation of The Anthology is completely free as well. I implore you to read them, if you want to learn about trigon lords. Sometimes, finding the answer by yourself is more rewarding than asking other people to hand it to you on a silver platter.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dorotheus1.pdf
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dorotheus2.pdf
http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius%20Valens%20entire.pdf

DeLaSoul

oh please. it was an attack before the admin deleted the previous posts. you are quite rude to those who know less than yourself.

mars retro indeed

The gender for that would be Ms., not Mr. :wink:

I could tell you hadn't spent time reading ancient texts, and that was fine. As to tone, well, it is hard to determine tone from a post on a forum, isn't it? If there was any "tone" involved in this post it was one of trying to sort out and pin down what you were asking because you were making complete hash of it. :biggrin: (That was not rudeness either, just a statement of truth.)

Please notice that I was the only one who attmepted to do so? You said

Again, my tone is only inquiring when I ask how someone can be expected to answer that question when we don't know (because you had not stated) exactly what you think it is?

You said in your thread title that you wanted to know what your trigon lords are telling you. I attmepted to break down the rest of your post and point out where you were going astray in your analysis.

To make it simpler, trigon = triplicity. In reading back, it was clear that you were unsure how to assign triplicity rulers for the planets or points in your chart. I have to say though that I find it funny that you thanked my post when I made it in January, sent me the pm after I posted to your thread, and only now are finding my "tone" rude. :andy:

Mars regrograde in Libra, perhaps? :cool:

DeLaSoul

Sometimes, finding the answer by yourself is more rewarding than asking other people to hand it to you on a silver platter.
hmm I seldom ever ask for help on these boards, I don't expect anything on a silver platter from anyone here.

Never hurts to ask.... I even outlined my own interp first, I didn't just throw a question out completely blind.

Larxene

By "finding out on your own", I mean reading the parts of the books in traditional astrology where the trigon lords are talked about, rather than interpreting it on your own.

DeLaSoul

By "finding out on your own", I mean reading the parts of the books in traditional astrology where the trigon lords are talked about, rather than interpreting it on your own.

I have read over them a few times actually, I came to the board to get some insight from REAL PEOPLE.

dr. farr

Well, here's something you can try (I've done it on several occasions when making delineations, with interesting delineative results, although it is not the usual way I analyze charts)

1) Get Ibn Ezra's "Beginning of Wisdom"
2) Go to the chapter on houses; then for each house read the footnotes (taken from Alchabitius by Robert Hand) which give the triplicity (trigon lord) rulers (3 of them for each house) for the various significations associated with each house
3) Now, for each trigon lord given for each signification for each house, find that trigon lord (planet) in your natal chart, see its condition, what aspects it makes (and what aspects it receives) and also check for any Parallels in declination it might have
4) This process would reveal what each trigon lord is "trying to tell" you, in your natal chart.
...its an interesting (and pretty much long forgotten) method of delineation.