A new twist on Modern Psychological Astrology

petosiris

Banned
Traditionalists usually say its greatest value is predictive.

Yes, prediction has great value, but we still have to live our lives accordingly.

''But if it does not aid in the acquisition of riches, fame, and the like, we shall be able to say the same of all philosophy, for it does not provide any of these things as far as its own powers are concerned. We should not, however, for that reason be justified in condemning either philosophy or this art, disregarding its greater advantages.'' - http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/1A*.html#3

gemNi

"The trouble with astrology is that, to date, it has performed really poorly in the kinds of statistical tests routinely applied to other theories about human behaviour."

.. and 80% of it is due to not requiring any one on one connection with client to assess them
(testing, observing, connecting, decoding) to their charts is why it preforms poorly amongst as one stated lack of an education degree. It's where the bridge of gap is needed mostly and why I support it.

There that saying one who cannot become a Pyschologist becomes an Astrologist

but.. this also can be said for Pyschologist who trys to become an Astrologists. Different sides of the same coin.

Astrologers are symbolists (on paper) almost in the same way clairvoyants, who's style of method is more of a read it out loud as they see it symbolists.

If pyschology is not teaching "conciousness" it not teaching anything and same can be argued for astrology.

I don't understand why pyschologist feel so threatened.

We are allowed to choose from whom we want to be our guiders in higher conciousness. I wouldn't take the cruel method of abuse that comes from pyschologist if my life depended on it.

Last edited:

gemNi

To most modern behavioral psychologists, Jung is more like a never was.

I'm sure it has all to do with his unethical boundaries between the patient and himself. Everyone can read about it to know how far those boundaries we're being crossed. It's only the decieved who don't know the difference.

david starling

I'm sure it has all to do with his unethical boundaries between the patient and himself. Everyone can read about it to know how far those boundaries we're being crossed. It's only the decieved who don't know the difference.

There are 4 terms I can relate to Astrology which bring Jung to mind:
Archetype, Collective Unconscious, Synchronicity, and Aquarian Age.

gemNi

There are 4 terms I can relate to Astrology which bring Jung to mind:
Archetype, Collective Unconscious, Synchronicity, and Aquarian Age.

I can only relate to his collective unconscious.

Synchronicity, I don't believe is anything new, it's a collective cultural movement passed down cultures to culture.

gemNi

Would you consider that an important contribution?

Synchronicity is his contribution that I think most can connect with in Astrology.

Collective unconscious has good things about it and also a lot of irony to it. I mean a lot of his works is entangled in his affair that conflicts with his work, one has to separate the two themes playing out in his life and then draw from there what is work and what is projection of his own guilt, fears, his own unconciousness. Lack to apply his own works to his own life, is the irony of it all.

It's only another angle of view from other known viewpoints.

Last edited: