Familial links in Astrology

Moog

Pardon me if this isn't the best place for this topic.

I am fairly new to the study of astrology. Recently, I noticed that the natal charts of a woman I know and both of her children are very heavily Sagittarian. I was wondering if this is merely a coincidence, or a sign of some pattern.

In my own family, I see a pattern of what appear to be difficult Moon placements and/or difficult aspects to the Moon, particularly from Saturn. I have the same Moon/Saturn Conjunction as my father, even down to the orb (2 degrees, applying). They both have 12th house moons. All three of us have Virgo Moons.

I would love it if some of you more experienced astrologers would like to share your views and findings on this subject.

Last edited:

Ruka_5

Banned
It's not a coincidence. Astrological stuff gets inherited, just like physical traits do.

My mom was an Aquarius sun with Uranus in the 4th, close to her IC.
I'm an Aquarius Ascendant with Uranus conjunct the midheaven.
My younger sister is an Aquarius Moon with Uranus conjunct her sun.

I have moon conjunct pluto.
My younger sister has moon trine pluto.
My moon had the moon pluto sextile.

My mom had sun trine neptune. So do I.
My brother is an Aries rising and so was my mom.

My brother is a Libra Moon, so am I.
My dad is a Cancer, I have a Cancer Mars.

My mom had Venus-Neptune and Mars-Pluto; I inherited those too.
My mom's Mars was in Sag, my younger sister's sun sign.
My mom had Saturn in Scorpio; I got Saturn in the 8th house...

This isn't even all the shared aspects, signs and themes...I could go on and on.

Last edited:

Leogem

My mum is a Capricorn - my north node is in Capricorn in my 8th house.
My dad is a Gemini - My moon is in Gemini and in 12th house.
My relationship with my mum is difficult to say the least.

My brother has the same Gemini Asc and Venus in 1st house as I do.
His Pluto is also in the 4th house like mine, the only thing is mine is in 0 degree Libra.

However, while both my brother and I agree that our childhood was rough, he sees mum as his protector and perfect in every way. I wonder sometimes if we actually had the same mother in the house!

But yes, the familial similarities seem to be the case in the charts that I have seen so far.

Ixaee

For one instance; Its been said that a mother's first born often has her moon sign, rising. Or vice versa, the child's moon may be HER rising sign. A connection between moon and rising signs are often present in some way.

In my own case, this is true, though not everyone will see this pattern in their lives of course...

My moon is in Taurus, my (only) son is a Taurus rising. :biggrin:

My mother's moon is in Capricorn, my first brother is Capricorn rising.

Its something to consider.. :wink:

Last edited:

Moog

For one instance; Its been said that a mother's first born often has her moon sign, rising. Or vice versa, the child's moon may be HER rising sign. A connection between moon and rising signs are often present in some way.

In my own case, this is true, though not everyone will see this pattern in their lives of course...

My moon is in Taurus, my (only) son is a Taurus rising. :biggrin:

My mother's moon is in Capricorn, my first brother is Capricorn rising.

Its something to consider.. :wink:

That's very interesting. We both have Virgo moons, and my mother has Virgo rising... :happy:

I have read something about inducing births can affect 'the correct time of birth'... would anyone like to speak on this idea?

Ruka_5

Banned
That's very interesting. We both have Virgo moons, and my mother has Virgo rising... :happy:

I have read something about inducing births can affect 'the correct time of birth'... would anyone like to speak on this idea?

...You've been reading the threads over on that other astrology forum, haven't you. :lol: I saw that too yesterday.

I honestly think that no matter what the circumstances, people are born on the date and at the time they were meant to be.

That aside - as far as the original subject of the thread goes...I also think too that looking at the natal charts of any siblings and the parents, is a **** good way to verify if a birth time is correct or not - again, because of the tendency of various signs or aspects (or general astrological themes) to constantly repeat themselves in a family.

Moog

...You've been reading the threads over on that other astrology forum, haven't you. :lol: I saw that too yesterday.

Other astrology forum? :innocent: I don't really have the time... but I'll look out for it.

I think It was actually from reading someone's astrological lowdown on one of the royal children (William), and I believe it was mentioned there.

I honestly think that no matter what the circumstances, people are born on the date and at the time they were meant to be.
That's interesting, thank you. I like to hear all the opposing views. I'll sit on the fence for a long time though (Mercury in Libra, see) :biggrin:

That aside - as far as the original subject of the thread goes...I also think too that looking at the natal charts of any siblings and the parents, is a **** good way to verify if a birth time is correct or not - again, because of the tendency of various signs or aspects (or general astrological themes) to constantly repeat themselves in a family.
Yes, I can see that this would be incredibly useful. Now, I don't want to make this discussion too complicated, but I know very little about chart rectification... is this one way (or part of a way, or a technique) to go about doing that?

Moog

While I'm here, does anyone know of, or has noticed any other patterns of this nature?

Ruka_5

Banned
Other astrology forum? :innocent: I don't really have the time... but I'll look out for it.

I think It was actually from reading someone's astrological lowdown on one of the royal children (William), and I believe it was mentioned there.

That's interesting, thank you. I like to hear all the opposing views. I'll sit on the fence for a long time though (Mercury in Libra, see) :biggrin:

Yes, I can see that this would be incredibly useful. Now, I don't want to make this discussion too complicated, but I know very little about chart rectification... is this one way (or part of a way, or a technique) to go about doing that?

..That's where you read it? :andy:

Over on the Astrodienst boards there's a thread going about this exact same subject - artifically-induced births and astrology....

I wasn't trying to convince you one way or the other, honestly. You started a thread about a topic and I just started posting. I don't know what it is about how I come across but people always think I'm trying to make them think something? :unsure:

No, the primary technique of chart-rectification is to sit there and go back and try to remember the dates and times of every pivotal life event....yeah, I know...LMAO...and then from that, try and guess an ascendant or something. *insert blank stare here*

This is a great topic!
One thing that I think is just wild is that of my two children, one has his ascendant conjunct my 5th house cusp and the other has his jupiter/sun conjunction conjunct my 5th house. Trippy :cool:
Also, I have heard it said that sharing angle signs is very significant and can be seen in many families...again, I have taurus/scorpio MC/IC and both my sons have those signs on their angles. There is a strong Leo/Cappy exchange with both of them...and I have leo moon conjunct saturn....also, with my first born, his Sun is exactly conjunct my Moon...his Aquarius Moon exactly opposite my moon as well. My saturn is also right on his sun...:unsure: really hope he never feels the saturn freeze from me. Anyway, very interesting stuff!

Moog

..That's where you read it? :andy:

Over on the Astrodienst boards there's a thread going about this exact same subject - artifically-induced births and astrology....

I should go look at that then...

I wasn't trying to convince you one way or the other, honestly. You started a thread about a topic and I just started posting. I don't know what it is about how I come across but people always think I'm trying to make them think something? :unsure:
You didn't really come across like that at all, I was just sayin'... I appreciate your input. :happy:

No, the primary technique of chart-rectification is to sit there and go back and try to remember the dates and times of every pivotal life event....yeah, I know...LMAO...and then from that, try and guess an ascendant or something. *insert blank stare here*
That sounds... challenging

Ruka_5

Banned
I should go look at that then...

You didn't really come across like that at all, I was just sayin'... I appreciate your input. :happy:

That sounds... challenging

Okay, just checking because that read like, "You aren't going to change my mind no matter how much you try!" and I was sitting here like, "I wasn't trying to change your mind though."

And yeah, every time I read about chart rectification I get exhausted just thinking about it, and even then I'll bet most times people end up with a rectified chart that's way off. I always feel sorry for people who don't have access to their birth time, for that reason. Although, people who do have a birth time will sometimes have a rectification done too, not having faith that their birth time is correct : "Most hospital birth times are wayyyyy off". :annoyed:

I had someone tell me my birth time had to be off - which I immediately dismissed out of hand because my chart really does fit me, for better and for worse. Later I did decide to humor them and play around with my chart, but when I moved the time forward and back, my ascendant didn't change, plus once I really looked at my siblings charts and my parents charts, that pretty much shut the book on any doubts about birth time for me. In fact it was actually comical because there were that many similarities between our charts. So it's actually a really good way to double-check your birth time imo.

Munch

My dad, brother and I all have our moon's in Sagittarius but loosley conjunct.

My dad and I both have Saturn in Libra at the same degree....yes we go through our returns at the same time.

Really though, that's about it. My family is not close knit at all.

Ruka_5

Banned
My dad, brother and I all have our moon's in Sagittarius but loosley conjunct.

My dad and I both have Saturn in Libra at the same degree....yes we go through our returns at the same time.

Really though, that's about it. My family is not close knit at all.

Your family doesn't have to be close knit though - this is strictly about astrologer genetic markers, just like how family members can resemble each other a bit and not get along at all.

What about your mom? Plus too, it's not just signs, but aspects, or astrological themes as well. Look for planets in aspect to each other that is common in all of your charts, or stuff like Saturn in the 7th house in one chart, and then Saturn in Libra in another, or certain planets that are prominent in all of your charts.

Munch

My mom is my mom by adoption. We do not have anything in common in our charts. I have no idea what my biological mother's birth info is.

The comment about being not being close-knit was made just as an added insight.

Munch

Scratch that, Dad's Saturn is 8 degrees from mine. His Mercury conjunct my Mercury.

A quick double check of everyone else and there is nothing in common in our charts.

Ruka_5

Banned
My mom is my mom by adoption. We do not have anything in common in our charts. I have no idea what my biological mother's birth info is.

The comment about being not being close-knit was made just as an added insight.

Okay see that explains it.

Whenever you get a chance, you could take a look at your dad's and brother's charts again if you want - look for themes. Look to see what the sun is doing in each chart in relation to the planets, then the moon, etc. I know it sounds super-tedious and time-consuming but it goes faster than you think. It won't be long before all this stuff starts popping out at you. Stuff like the angles too, any planets in your chart that aspect those...look to see what those planets are doing in their charts. You'll see stuff like the same planet aspecting the same angle, or another angle, or even conjunct a luminary.

Munch

They don't have anything significant in common in their charts. They do have significantly difficult synastry. I don't have birth times for either so, there are some things that I can't verify with good accuracy which is a bummer.

Truth is, I strongly believe the difficult synastry and the way we don't have anything in common with one another, is reflected quite literally in our chart make-up diversity. There is nothing even remotely normal about my early family situation. It goes well beyond just one stand in parent. And no, I do not care to discuss it on the open forum just in case you want to ask.

DiDi

IXAEE

not knowing much about natals i found this spot on.

Im asc scorp sun aqu moon leo
my 1st born has the aqu rising, sag sun scorp moon :joyful:

my son has his venus mars conj in aqu
his sun is aries with cancer moon and taurus rising which is my 7th but i am not sure it means that much.
Ive noticed he dates women like me, could be his cancer moon or the aquarian venus he has not sure.
my last child my daughter is gemini with the aqu moon, she has got a great understanding of rising and sun moon signs, she says having the aqu moon is why she is so close to me and relates to my nature.

but the one thing that truly blows me out is my 1st grand daughter who has all the house cusps the same as me and the degrees is only 1 difference.
Ive never come across this before, hoped I would so I could find out more about it.

so going with the same theme as youve mentioned earlier
my 1st daughter is scorp moon which conj her daughters asc
so moon to asc.

im sure there are many more but there the ones that stick out.

Last edited:

Ruka_5

Banned
They don't have anything significant in common in their charts. They do have significantly difficult synastry. I don't have birth times for either so, there are some things that I can't verify with good accuracy which is a bummer.

Truth is, I strongly believe the difficult synastry and the way we don't have anything in common with one another, is reflected quite literally in our chart make-up diversity. There is nothing even remotely normal about my early family situation. It goes well beyond just one stand in parent. And no, I do not care to discuss it on the open forum just in case you want to ask.

Ah, see that's the thing. You need the birth times to be sure if you've got the right moon signs and to see what houses things fall in, and everything. It could be a case of like, one of them having Mercury in Scorpio and the other having Mercury in the 8th, stuff along those lines.

Having similar placements or signs doesn't mean that the family relationship goes smoothly and perfectly - everybody has family drama, no family always gets along all the time, mine included. I'm talking strictly about the genetic astro-markers. There's always links there or some astrology placements in common.

And...I have four planets in the eighth. I'm big on privacy, both my own and that of others, so no, I wasn't going to ask for specifics lol. I wouldn't want anybody to do that to me so I wouldn't do it to someone else.