Part of Fortune

Ooshati

Part of Fortune (or "Luck")

Hm, h'llo!

I wonder if anybody here is well-versed in the Part of Fortune (or Pars Fortunae), which supposedly has to do with a native's "luck" or health. I clicked on astro.com to compute it for my chart, but I'd like to know the use/meaning of this -- erm -- entity's aspects in my chart. Besides, I've looked elsewhere and still haven't the spottiest idea about the specifics in my chart. Any input?

Chart: http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/Harazymowicz/astro_2gw_01_me_647389989.jpg

Interpretation: Part of Fortune in the Sixth House endows the native w/ luck in their working environment, and w/ their health. Self-improvement and self-discipline

Part of Fortune in Aquarius should incline the native to originality, humanitarianism, and objectivity.

Last edited:

Frank

The derogation of Fortune (more correctly called the Lot of Fortune rather than the Part of Fortune - I usually just use "Fortune" so I don't start that debate) into merely a marker for "luck" is something that it morphed into in modern astrology.

In Hellenistic and Classical astrology, Fortune represent the physical body, heath and, yes, fortune. It is also used as the basis of an alternate house system, with 0 degrees of the sign containing Fortune placed on the ascendant, and whole-sign houses.

Fortune (and its counterpart Spirit, along with other chart points) can also be used in the technique known as Zodiacal Releasing - a Hellenistic system of Time Lords that I've used with success.

Last edited:
You have calculated your chart using the default on astro.com of placidus and I use Equal House system and am a modern astrologer. Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/partoffortune.html

It's important to see what sign, house and aspects POF makes. Yours is conj Moon in aquarius in 6th house, close trine to venus in 2nd. I would keep the orbs rather tight say max 3' rather than normal natal chart orbs of upto 8 or 10'

This suggests that women in your daily work environment will play a part in nurturing your ideals, aspirations and luck. They may come up with ideas, humanitarian, altruistic that is a 'service to people' type work or alternative health projects. Trine to venus in 2nd suggest easy empathy and earning money in venusian trades, beauty treatments, healing modalities, but nother where the emotions get dragged down. Aquarius wants friendships and can be cool and detached. Plus venus rules MC and 2nd house in Equal house

Just to check your time is correct using solar arcs age 9 SA IC conj Saturn in 4th, did anyone disappear, become strict aloof? Age 19 SA Pluto onto IC major transformations, did you leave home, relocate, both? did anyone die?