Was she a sociopath/psychopath/or narc?

ZoraEos

Hi,

So I had a crazy friendship for 4 years that ended horribly last year. I am still trying to figure out what happened. I suspect that my friend may have been a sociopath, psychopath, or at least, narcissist. They also called themselves a sociopath at one point and said that they are emotionally numb. However, I know that they were highly abused in childhood. Therefore, I am trying to figure out whether they were emotionally numb from the abuse but a good person, or if they turned truly evil from the abuse. The reason I want to figure this out is I want to know whether the friendship could have been redeemable, or if I made a good call by ending it completely. Here is their chart:

Attachments

• nhastro_LI.jpg
    nhastro_LI.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 55

sibylline

Hi,

Re: numbness. The chart is water void and Moon is in the 12th house so the emotional realm is a weaker area. The Moon in the 12th, even while at times absorbing the emotional atmosphere like a sponge, can push down their own emotions and disengage from them. With an opposition to Saturn and square to Mercury, disengagement is highly likely and probably the go-to way to deal with emotions. The ruler of the Ascendant, Venus is retrograde. The Venus retrograde can be out of step socially and usually feels that they're not truly connected to others, even if they're a sociable person. I've found that it can indicate anti-social tendencies if supported by other factors in the chart.

However, I know that they were highly abused in childhood. Therefore, I am trying to figure out whether they were emotionally numb from the abuse but a good person, or if they turned truly evil from the abuse.

The thing is that the chart shows our experiences. The fact that the 12th Moon (how one was cared for, the mother or nurturing figure/s) is opposite Saturn and square to Mercury in the 3rd (which indicates a person's early environment, more broadly), traditional and modern malefics cluster in the 4th house (which indicates home, specifically) suggests there were issues on that front. We can not tell, though, by the chart if someone is innately "good" or "evil". If you wonder if the friendship was redeemable and they were already showing negative tendencies, well, the only thing I can say is that the chart doesn't disagree with these tendencies.

ZoraEos

Hi,

Re: numbness. The chart is water void and Moon is in the 12th house so the emotional realm is a weaker area. The Moon in the 12th, even while at times absorbing the emotional atmosphere like a sponge, can push down their own emotions and disengage from them. With an opposition to Saturn and square to Mercury, disengagement is highly likely and probably the go-to way to deal with emotions. The ruler of the Ascendant, Venus is retrograde. The Venus retrograde can be out of step socially and usually feels that they're not truly connected to others, even if they're a sociable person. I've found that it can indicate anti-social tendencies if supported by other factors in the chart.

The thing is that the chart shows our experiences. The fact that the 12th Moon (how one was cared for, the mother or nurturing figure/s) is opposite Saturn and square to Mercury in the 3rd (which indicates a person's early environment, more broadly), traditional and modern malefics cluster in the 4th house (which indicates home, specifically) suggests there were issues on that front. We can not tell, though, by the chart if someone is innately "good" or "evil". If you wonder if the friendship was redeemable and they were already showing negative tendencies, well, the only thing I can say is that the chart doesn't disagree with these tendencies.

Wow, thank you for this. This is very insightful and definitely matches up with my experiences with her. Numbness/Disengagement, some anti-social tendencies (she told me that she thinks she's a sociopath once, and that she likes to charm people into doing what she wants), and definitely major issues with the mother and on the home front.

In our "friendship", she basically treated me as a therapist/soundboard (she even called me "her therapist" once and said that she considered me a consultant). However, I do not think this was an appropriate role for me as a teenager.

Now I am curious about what in my emotional nature allowed for this? And I also wonder about if I exhibit any forms of emotional numbness as well? I have attached my chart for comparison below. Really seeking some understanding of what this unhealthy dynamic was and how it came to be, especially because I've noticed I tend to fall into a passive role in my other friendships too, becoming a confidant and emotional support for others far too soon and in inappropriate ways.astro_w2gw_z.19976.20560.png

sibylline

In our "friendship", she basically treated me as a therapist/soundboard (she even called me "her therapist" once and said that she considered me a consultant). However, I do not think this was an appropriate role for me as a teenager.

Now I am curious about what in my emotional nature allowed for this? And I also wonder about if I exhibit any forms of emotional numbness as well?

Your Sun-Moon squared Neptune/Capricorn Rising could manifest in strong empathy resulting in feeling emotionally responsibly for others. This is compounded by the 8th Venus which is at ease discussing deep, emotionally moving or even troubling experiences with others.

The Sun-Moon squared Uranus can say "enough is enough" like you did here but the chart indicates one more in tune with their emotional life, i.e. not so numb.

ZoraEos

Your Sun-Moon squared Neptune/Capricorn Rising could manifest in strong empathy resulting in feeling emotionally responsibly for others. This is compounded by the 8th Venus which is at ease discussing deep, emotionally moving or even troubling experiences with others.

The Sun-Moon squared Uranus can say "enough is enough" like you did here but the chart indicates one more in tune with their emotional life, i.e. not so numb.

Apologies for the late reply! Thank you so much, this is really helpful in making sense of what happens in my relationships. I often do feel very emotionally responsible for others, often to my own detriment. And yes, I am very much at ease discussing emotional and traumatic things, very at ease with discussing human psychology. So this makes sense why I can attract predators or fall into a therapist/confidante role. Awareness/Knowledge is power in breaking these cycles. Thank you!