Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Sports Astrology

Sports Astrology Let's talk about sports astrology: famous games, techniques to predict games' outcome, anything related to sports.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 05-12-2019, 09:56 AM
Kpfornow Kpfornow is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 19
Using Solar fire to help calculate Moon or other aspects

Hi. I have Solar Fire version 9 and would like to learn more how to use it to do the calculations needed for predictive astrology.



I can easily cast a chart, and display it via one of the premade horary report charts, so it displays useful information, but while I am learning horary, and reading William Lilly, I know I need to work out aspects that the planets will make. The John Frawley book Sports Astrology feels very helpful, but the language is hard for me to piece together coherently.



As an example, I asked a question earlier today "Will Arsenal get 4th place?" I have attached what I see in Solar fire.


Is everything I need to be aware of, on the attached report? I am studying this topic for the long haul and know I will get better over time, but if anyone with more knowledge can give me some tips or guidance, that would be appreciated. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SFPage.jpg (72.2 KB, 16 views)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 05-12-2019, 12:12 PM
crisGG crisGG is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 19
Re: Using Solar fire to help calculate Moon or other aspects

https://astrosport07.webs.com/
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to crisGG For This Useful Post:
fensi88 (06-11-2019)
  #3  
Unread 05-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Kpfornow Kpfornow is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 19
Re: Using Solar fire to help calculate Moon or other aspects

Thats great, thank! I think I am subscribed to the newsletter for that site
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 05-13-2019, 05:59 AM
Jibreil's Avatar
Jibreil Jibreil is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 1,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpfornow View Post
Hi. I have Solar Fire version 9 and would like to learn more how to use it to do the calculations needed for predictive astrology.



I can easily cast a chart, and display it via one of the premade horary report charts, so it displays useful information, but while I am learning horary, and reading William Lilly, I know I need to work out aspects that the planets will make. The John Frawley book Sports Astrology feels very helpful, but the language is hard for me to piece together coherently.



As an example, I asked a question earlier today "Will Arsenal get 4th place?" I have attached what I see in Solar fire.


Is everything I need to be aware of, on the attached report? I am studying this topic for the long haul and know I will get better over time, but if anyone with more knowledge can give me some tips or guidance, that would be appreciated. Thanks
Janus 5.x is a brilliant software which shows all Moons Aspects, Antiscia etc.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 05-13-2019, 07:53 AM
Kpfornow Kpfornow is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 19
Re: Using Solar fire to help calculate Moon or other aspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibreil View Post
Janus 5.x is a brilliant software which shows all Moons Aspects, Antiscia etc.

Thats good to know, thanks. The pic i attached to the OP shos solar fire. Moon aspects and antiscia are also on there, so i think im good for those points
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 06-11-2019, 06:11 PM
Arc Arc is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 3
Re: Using Solar fire to help calculate Moon or other aspects

Hi,

I use solar fire 9 and making my way through Frawley's book on Sports Astrology. I'm focusing on the Event method. Your chart looks good to me, I'm using the Placidus house system with Mean Node. I was using the 1st Horary chart template. ( a person in Solar Fire FaceBook user group recommended that one over the 2nd, forget why) Your Antiscia info is easier to read at a glance.

As you can see I just joined the group, so looking for a thread that discusses this book if there is one. Using Frawley's book in conjunction with a Vedic system that I have more experience with.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 06-11-2019, 07:07 PM
Jibreil's Avatar
Jibreil Jibreil is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 1,903
Re: Using Solar fire to help calculate Moon or other aspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Hi,

I use solar fire 9 and making my way through Frawley's book on Sports Astrology. I'm focusing on the Event method. Your chart looks good to me, I'm using the Placidus house system with Mean Node. I was using the 1st Horary chart template. ( a person in Solar Fire FaceBook user group recommended that one over the 2nd, forget why) Your Antiscia info is easier to read at a glance.

As you can see I just joined the group, so looking for a thread that discusses this book if there is one. Using Frawley's book in conjunction with a Vedic system that I have more experience with.
I've sufficient experience with Frawley's event method, hence I suggest If you do have Vedic experience then I highly recommend that you stick with it.
__________________
ALL RESEARCH ARTICLES SHARED BY ME ARE NON-PROFIT ORIENTED. MY INTENTION IS TO PROMOTE THE LEARNING OF ASTROLOGY. THERE ARE MANY AND MORE USEFUL APPLICATIONS OF ASTROLOGY BEYOND EVERY EXAMPLE.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 06-11-2019, 08:07 PM
Arc Arc is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 3
Re: Using Solar fire to help calculate Moon or other aspects

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. Did Frawley's event system contain anything that looked promising? The way he was highlighting the moon is what drew me to the book.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 06-11-2019, 10:41 PM
Jibreil's Avatar
Jibreil Jibreil is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 1,903
Re: Using Solar fire to help calculate Moon or other aspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. Did Frawley's event system contain anything that looked promising? The way he was highlighting the moon is what drew me to the book.
It isn't a progressive system anymore. Meaning Frawley himself has given up on his method and there isn't anyone who has evolved it after that.

It's better to stick to Vedic or KP as its ever growing and many are switching to it.
__________________
ALL RESEARCH ARTICLES SHARED BY ME ARE NON-PROFIT ORIENTED. MY INTENTION IS TO PROMOTE THE LEARNING OF ASTROLOGY. THERE ARE MANY AND MORE USEFUL APPLICATIONS OF ASTROLOGY BEYOND EVERY EXAMPLE.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 06-13-2019, 07:38 PM
Bulletbobb Bulletbobb is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 216
Re: Using Solar fire to help calculate Moon or other aspects

Frawleys method is completely worthless, and many on the two forums have posted, over the years, to this effect. Throw it in the trash.

CRW
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bulletbobb For This Useful Post:
Arc (06-13-2019)
Reply

Tags
aspects, calculate, fire, moon, solar

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.