Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 12-16-2018, 11:25 AM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 17,475
Smile Are Chiron and the Lunar Nodes Important Enough to be Sign Rulers?

If so, Chiron is obviously a second ruler of Sagittarius, and [IMO] the NN is a ruler of Scorpio, along with Pluto.


Last edited by david starling; 12-16-2018 at 11:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 12-16-2018, 04:47 PM
aldebaran aldebaran is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 212
Re: Are Chiron and the Lunar Nodes Important Enough to be Sign Rulers?

I found Lunar Nodes, specially the South, more important than any other planet and equivalent only to Sun and Moon.

The definition of the Nodes properties is complicated, however, Jyotish has long descriptions but the fact that they are conceptually made of a mix of Sun and Moon needs an explanation that I never found.

Sun rules a Sign, Moon rules a Sign, what a certain "mix" of them would rule? Conceptually, Nodes have this complicated issue by being made of two Planets.

By astrological practice I can't say Chiron is less relevant than the other Planets, even if by size/number of bodies of a certain size logic it's confusing why it is so.
__________________
A lua sempre a lua, , meu amor, e tanta! Mesmo se a passar por Shravana...
http://lunacanam.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aldebaran For This Useful Post:
david starling (12-16-2018)
  #3  
Unread 12-16-2018, 07:55 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 17,475
Smile Re: Are Chiron and the Lunar Nodes Important Enough to be Sign Rulers?

I have the SN as a co-ruler of Taurus. That aside, what's your description of its affect on the chart? Maybe something about empathic and/or psychic ability?

Last edited by david starling; 12-16-2018 at 08:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 12-16-2018, 08:56 PM
mahaira's Avatar
mahaira mahaira is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 119
Re: Are Chiron and the Lunar Nodes Important Enough to be Sign Rulers?

I find the nodes extremely important, but I wouldn't look at them as sign rulers because of their "general" nature. They have their basic meanings but are completely colored by their position in a sign and a house.
Idem for Chiron. I find Chiron important, because it can tell you a whole lot about natives' subconscious tendencies, thus influencing the interpretation of the whole chart.
A Leo/Aries, with Moon conjuction Chrion in the 12th house is completely different from someone who's Chiron placement is, say, in the 11th not aspecting his Moon.
__________________
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You get what you need...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mahaira For This Useful Post:
david starling (12-16-2018)
  #5  
Unread 12-16-2018, 09:16 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 17,475
Smile Re: Are Chiron and the Lunar Nodes Important Enough to be Sign Rulers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahaira View Post
I find the nodes extremely important, but I wouldn't look at them as sign rulers because of their "general" nature. They have their basic meanings but are completely colored by their position in a sign and a house.
Idem for Chiron. I find Chiron important, because it can tell you a whole lot about natives' subconscious tendencies, thus influencing the interpretation of the whole chart.
A Leo/Aries, with Moon conjuction Chrion in the 12th house is completely different from someone who's Chiron placement is, say, in the 11th not aspecting his Moon.
So, you're saying the Nodes aren't Domicled in any particular Sign. There's an ancient view that the NN, the "Dragon's Head", is Exalted in Gemini, most highly exalted at 3 degrees.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 12-17-2018, 11:23 AM
yuriv yuriv is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 146
I like Chiron in Virgo, for their obvious similarities. For the nodes, I take NN for Aries, SN for Pisces. My idea is if NN and SN are mix of energies, then perhaps in my postulation NN is more Sun -Fire - Aries. SN is more Moon - Water -Pisces. I am reading that both nodal points can be quite powerful NN with self-ambition, SN selflessness.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 12-17-2018, 03:11 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 17,475
Smile Re: Are Chiron and the Lunar Nodes Important Enough to be Sign Rulers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriv View Post
I like Chiron in Virgo, for their obvious similarities. For the nodes, I take NN for Aries, SN for Pisces. My idea is if NN and SN are mix of energies, then perhaps in my postulation NN is more Sun -Fire - Aries. SN is more Moon - Water -Pisces. I am reading that both nodal points can be quite powerful NN with self-ambition, SN selflessness.
Well, the fact that the Sagittarian Centaur IS literally Chiron in the Ancient-Greek mythology is what causes me to have it ruling Sagittarius. That would go along with the "Know Thyself" saying from the Temple of Apollo. And, Apollo was Chiron's mentor.
Still, I like your intuitive insights about the matter, and I agree the NN is more high-energy than the SN.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 12-17-2018, 08:44 PM
mahaira's Avatar
mahaira mahaira is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 119
Re: Are Chiron and the Lunar Nodes Important Enough to be Sign Rulers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
... There's an ancient view that the NN, the "Dragon's Head", is Exalted in Gemini, most highly exalted at 3 degrees.
Exaltation and rulership are different, I was answering to a question about rulership

I have read an interesting article on the exaltation in Gemini (NN) and Sagittarius (SN), I can't remember where, in the context of the antisica of the solstice points of the Cancer/Capricorn axis, which correspond to the Gemini-Sagittarius. Which could be one explanation for the exaltation of the NN and SN in these signs.
__________________
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You get what you need...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 12-17-2018, 08:47 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 17,475
Smile Re: Are Chiron and the Lunar Nodes Important Enough to be Sign Rulers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahaira View Post
Exaltation and rulership are different, I was answering to a question about rulership

I have read an interesting article on the exaltation in Gemini (NN) and Sagittarius (SN), I can't remember where, in the context of the antisica of the solstice points of the Cancer/Capricorn axis, which correspond to the Gemini-Sagittarius. Which could be one explanation for the exaltation of the NN and SN in these signs.
But doesn't Exaltation in one Sign imply rulership in another Sign?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 12-18-2018, 10:31 AM
aldebaran aldebaran is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 212
Re: Are Chiron and the Lunar Nodes Important Enough to be Sign Rulers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Well, the fact that the Sagittarian Centaur IS literally Chiron in the Ancient-Greek mythology is what causes me to have it ruling Sagittarius.
Symbolically it makes completely sense. Still, by practice and his mythological character I see Chiron as Capricornian.
Enki(the Capricorn)(gestu - sruti - saraswati - sravana - ea - ieowah(unsichtbar)


Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
I have the SN as a co-ruler of Taurus. That aside, what's your description of its affect on the chart? Maybe something about empathic and/or psychic ability?
I see the Sun and Moon of a giant proportion in conscience, mind, emotions, self, the "human organism" in general. South node gives a sort of "base of the mind", in the practical sense it's what we need to feel safe, secure; in an experimental sense it's a highly sensitive point that brings a huge flow of life events - it's not "malefic", only a very sensitive point as a path to our minds/life. In a psychological sense it does a sort of "disposing" of things on the mind; if we close the eyes, when we open it everything around get "disposed" according to the South Node; the Natal is a way things always get disposed and we can recognize "personality behaviors" by it; the transits and much more strongly progressions are how things get disposed according to life events - and reach our minds through it. It's not so hard to be conscient of the SN energy - perhaps only the Moon is of easier sight.
__________________
A lua sempre a lua, , meu amor, e tanta! Mesmo se a passar por Shravana...
http://lunacanam.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aldebaran For This Useful Post:
david starling (12-18-2018)
Reply

Tags
chiron, important, lunar, nodes, rulers, sign

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.