Part of Fortune

byjove

Account Closed
Ah yes, the Fortune chart. I have calculated it before but don't know where to do the chart. I'm confused on one point - counting signs from the sun-sign to Aries? My Sun is in Aries, so do I count 0 or 1 signs? Because I'm not sure if the exaltation sign is Cancer or Leo.

I should also add that the PoF ruler is Jupiter, who is a sect-ruler in sect, in triplicity and in an angle. Where the sign-aspects and degree-aspects begin and end I don't know, but by sign, the PoF ruler is conjunct the ruler of the powerful 2nd ruler, the Sun and trine the PoF itself, which is in the 6th of day-to-day work.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Ah yes, the Fortune chart. I have calculated it before but don't know where to do the chart. I'm confused on one point - counting signs from the sun-sign to Aries? My Sun is in Aries, so do I count 0 or 1 signs?

I should also add that the PoF ruler is Jupiter, who is a sect-ruler in sect, in triplicity and in an angle. Where the sign-aspects and degree-aspects begin and end I don't know, but by sign, the PoF ruler is conjunct the ruler of the powerful 2nd ruler, the Sun and trine the PoF itself, which is in the 6th of day-to-day work.

I have just added a quote from Ray Austin to my preceding post that may be of use to you on this queston! Plus a link to where I discovered the information ( http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16456 )

I note that Ray Austin advises QUOTE:
"Next, count the signs from the sun’s position to the position of Aries (the sun’s exaltation sign) in astrological order. So, now we are counting the signs counter-clockwise from Aries to Libra. Include Aries in the count. We get the number seven"

The inference therefore is that Aries is 1
. - would you agree?

Furthermore, Zoidsoft advises us as follows
Many of these posts are focusing on meanings that are based upon subjective/objective personal self image or psychological interpretation, but what if you want to know something concrete in the external objective world and have already figured out who you are in relation to the rest of the world?

There is a method (actually several) by Vettius Valens for predicting the concrete particular (such as a man has red hair, gets married at age 27, founds a successful business at 38, becomes widely recognized or famous at 51, etc). Valens wrote the Anthology nearly 1900 years ago in classical Greek and it has been translated by a number of scholars.

The first thing that Valens ascertains is the chart support or eminence of the native by taking the Sun's position by day or the Moon's position by night and looking at the condition of the 3 trigon lords based upon the signs they are in and whether they are in angular, succeedent or cadent houses. Valens used the whole sign house system. If these 3 planets were found to be angular and in their own domiciles, exaltations, etc then the chart was said to have great support and the planets Mars and Saturn will behave differently if they turn malefic (meaning that in a situation such as Watergate, that Nixon's aides took the blame before Nixon fell). If the planets were succeedent for the most part, then it is a middling condition and if they fell cadent and not in their own places, then life is difficult for the most part. Of course this is very general and there are ways to get a more exact idea of where the difficulties lie because we all usually have different kinds of things going on in different areas as described by the houses.

I can't go into the whole of the method of Valens here, but there is one technique that stands out above the others that is easily verifiable and would be useful even for novices known as Zodiacal Releasing (aphesis in Greek). Valens says that if the domicile lord of Spirit happens to be in the 10th sign counting from the lot of fortune, or if the 10th from fortune happens to be fortunate by having planets in their own domicile or exaltation, then when that sign has the timelordship, that is when they will become famous and what they do in that period is often what they are known for.

For example, John Travolta has the lot of fortune in Aquarius which makes Scorpio the 10th sign counting from fortune. He has the lot of spirit in Capricorn which means that Saturn is the domicile lord for spirit. Because Travolta has Saturn in Scorpio, we know before hand that when he reaches his Scorpio period that he will be famous and what he does during that time is what he is known for. Travolta is most known for his roles in Saturday Night Fever, Grease and Pulp fiction. Guess what? He was in a Scorpio period during the production and release of these three movies (first in 1977-78 and again in 1993-94).

Einstein was in a Mars Capricorn 10th period when general relativity was confirmed and he became the most famous scientist in the world. Hitler went into his 10th from fortune period and one day later the Nazi party took 108 seats in parliament.

We have been finding this to be a very reliable technique to find when career shifts occur and when one is most effective and for eminent nativities, when they become famous or when there is trouble for reputation.
:smile:

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
JUPITERASC, thanks again for those links, I adore Valen's contribution...

It seems I missed that point -culminating- in his work, which, yes does mean Aries is my exaltation.

Now...to re-fresh...

PoF is conjunct the Great Malefic Saturn, who is a sect-ruler out of sect, culminating before an angle and is inconjunct the normal ascendant.

However, in the fortuna chart, Saturn itself is partile trine the Sun in the exaltation sign, which has a sign-conjunction with Jupiter, the PoF ruler. The PoF ruler is Jupiter who is conjunct the Fortuna ASC with the Sun, and both of these are Saturn's partners in Sect, which are far better placed than he is natally.

So I have potential to earn big money, but it will likely come later on in life and not easily due to Saturn's influence, but the gains will be kept because of the dignities involved? I see you've added time-lordship, how do I find out that? I haven't read that far in Valen's work, I'm in the middle of the 2nd book and am not familiar with that yet, but will research. I've just found my Lot of Spirit at 29 degrees Aquarius...also ruled by Saturn and in the 3rd place in the Fortuna chart.

Free timelord-ship calculations online: http://firdaria.com/calculator.php

Timelords
1. When the PoF ruler has time
2. The Sun (sign conjunction with PoF ruler, 10 signs from PoF)
3. Saturn, conjunct PoF and lord of Lot of Spirit comes to his time

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

JUPITERASC, thanks again for those links, I adore Valen's contribution...

It seems I missed that point -culminating- in his work, which, yes does mean Aries is my exaltation.

Now...to re-fresh...

PoF is conjunct the Great Malefic Saturn, who is a sect-ruler out of sect, culminating before an angle and is inconjunct the normal ascendant.

However, in the fortuna chart, Saturn itself is partile trine the Sun in the exaltation sign, which has a sign-conjunction with Jupiter, the PoF ruler. The PoF ruler is Jupiter who is conjunct the Fortuna ASC with the Sun, and both of these are Saturn's partners in Sect, which are far better placed than he is natally.

So I have potential to earn big money, but it will likely come later on in life and not easily due to Saturn's influence, but the gains will be kept because of the dignities involved? I see you've added time-lordship, how do I find out that? I haven't read that far in Valen's work, I'm in the middle of the 2nd book and am not familiar with that yet, but will research. I've just found my Lot of Spirit at 29 degrees Aquarius...also ruled by Saturn and in the 3rd place in the Fortuna chart.

Free timelord-ship calculations online: http://firdaria.com/calculator.php

Valens wasn't read in an afternoon by jove! :smile:
When later you find yourself researching the matter here's some apposite clarification on Time Lord Procedures from Demetra George http://www.demetra-george.com/HellenisticTimeLordProcedures.pdf

btw Dr Who http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji1xPQX9dAY&feature=fvwrel :smile:

SniperBomber328

Can an expert correct me on this, but Iv'e found a chart that shows the Dignities and Debilities of Fortuna if they are in a cartain sign, house, degree or aspected to another body:

[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Conj., Cor Leonis................................... 6[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Asc. or Midheaven................................... 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Partile conj., Jupiter or Venus..................... 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Conj., Spica........................................ 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Not Combust......................................... 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]In Taurus or Pisces................................. 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Besieged by Jupiter and Venus....................... 6[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]In Cancer, Leo, Libra, or Sagittarius............... 4[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]4th, 7th, or 11th House............................. 4[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Partile trine, Venus or Jupiter..................... 4[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Partile conj., North Node........................... 4[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]In Gemini........................................... 3[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]2nd or 5th House.................................... 3[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Partile sextile, Jupiter or Venus................... 3[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]In Virgo............................................ 2[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]9th House........................................... 2[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]3rd House........................................... 1[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]In Term of Venus or Jupiter......................... 1[/FONT]

The Table atop goes on to show the Dignities of Fortuna, and the amount of points alloted to Fortuna if placed by these. Which by the way I have a question, what does beseige a planet mean?

[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Conj., Caput Algol.................................. 6[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Besieged by Mars and Saturn......................... 6[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]12th House.......................................... 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]In Scorpio, Capricorn, or Aquarius.................. 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Combust............................................. 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Partile conj., Mars or Saturn....................... 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]6th or 8th House.................................... 4[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Opposition, Mars or Jupiter......................... 4[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Partile conj., South Node........................... 4[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]In Aries............................................ 3[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Partile square, Mars or Saturn...................... 3[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Term of Mars or Saturn.............................. 1[/FONT]

The Table above shows the Debilities of Fortuna, and the amount of points lost from Fortuna for having these specific placements.

piercethevale

Mine is conj. my M.C. right on [M.C. 24* Leo 21 and PoF 24* Leo 55" ]...it is very Auspicious...in fact THE MOST as i was previously informed and led to believe...thus why the aspect listed as a '6' and called "Cor Leonis" vastly intrigues me...any body with more info?

JUPITERASC

Can an expert correct me on this, but Iv'e found a chart that shows the Dignities and Debilities of Fortuna if they are in a cartain sign, house, degree or aspected to another body:

[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Conj., Cor Leonis................................... 6[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Asc. or Midheaven................................... 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Partile conj., Jupiter or Venus..................... 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Conj., Spica........................................ 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Not Combust......................................... 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]In Taurus or Pisces................................. 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Besieged by Jupiter and Venus....................... 6[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]In Cancer, Leo, Libra, or Sagittarius............... 4[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]4th, 7th, or 11th House............................. 4[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Partile trine, Venus or Jupiter..................... 4[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Partile conj., North Node........................... 4[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]In Gemini........................................... 3[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]2nd or 5th House.................................... 3[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Partile sextile, Jupiter or Venus................... 3[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]In Virgo............................................ 2[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]9th House........................................... 2[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]3rd House........................................... 1[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]In Term of Venus or Jupiter......................... 1[/FONT]

The Table atop goes on to show the Dignities of Fortuna, and the amount of points alloted to Fortuna if placed by these. Which by the way I have a question, what does beseige a planet mean?

[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Conj., Caput Algol.................................. 6[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Besieged by Mars and Saturn......................... 6[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]12th House.......................................... 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]In Scorpio, Capricorn, or Aquarius.................. 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Combust............................................. 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Partile conj., Mars or Saturn....................... 5[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]6th or 8th House.................................... 4[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Opposition, Mars or Jupiter......................... 4[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Partile conj., South Node........................... 4[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]In Aries............................................ 3[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Partile square, Mars or Saturn...................... 3[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]Term of Mars or Saturn.............................. 1[/FONT]

The Table above shows the Debilities of Fortuna, and the amount of points lost from Fortuna for having these specific placements.

I'm no expert - William Lilly has a similar table in Christian Astrology :smile:

JUPITERASC

Mine is conj. my M.C. right on [M.C. 24* Leo 21 and PoF 24* Leo 55" ]...it is very Auspicious...in fact THE MOST as i was previously informed and led to believe...thus why the aspect listed as a '6' and called "Cor Leonis" vastly intrigues me...any body with more info?

Cor Leonis is the Latin name for the fixed star Regulus which entered the sign Leo in 156 BC. and has just entered Virgo in 2012 (having spent a couple of thousand years in Leo) http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_alphabet.htm

In this table SUBRA, in the year 2000, is at 24 Leo 15 http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_in_longitude_order.htm :smile:

Last edited:

piercethevale

Cor Leonis is the Latin name for the fixed star Regulus which entered the sign Leo in 156 BC. and has just entered Virgo in 2012 (having spent a couple of thousand years in Leo) http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_alphabet.htm

In this table SUBRA, in the year 2000, is at 24 Leo 15 http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_in_longitude_order.htm :smile:
...WOW...so that means I have my PoF at both the M.C. and "Cor Leonis"...Cool...! [..by transit definitely ...but by birth...?...I was born May 6, 1953...hmmm...now that I think about it...at that rate of transit I was born with it...!

...after thought...although you are saying it traversed from 24* Leo 15' to 0* Virgo in only 12 years...which doesn't add up...?

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
Has work panned out for you PierceTV as you might expect from your chart? If you haven't read Valen's work on that yet, you must - it's a fascinating read.

byjove

Account Closed
Yes, thank you again Jupiter for introducing me to the work. Do you know how many hours I sat reading yesterday? :whistling:

Plenty of Part of Fortune in Book II for anyone interested.

JUPITERASC

Yes, thank you again Jupiter for introducing me to the work. Do you know how many hours I sat reading yesterday? :whistling:
Plenty of Part of Fortune in Book II for anyone interested.

Well, plenty I would say byjove! Takes a while to digest as well... there's the re-reading... it's one of those books you dip into daily! But it is well worth it. We are so lucky this free online translation was released. Thanks for writing it all out as well Vettius Valens btw - wherever you now are! :smile:

piercethevale

I'm no expert ...but the second list certainly sounds like a list of debilities to me.

piercethevale

Besiege...

" be·siege (b-sj)
tr.v. be·sieged, be·sieg·ing, be·sieg·es
1. To surround with hostile forces.
2. To crowd around; hem in.
3. To harass or importune, as with requests: Reporters besieged the winner for interviews.
4. To cause to feel distressed or worried: She was besieged by problems. "

piercethevale

Has work panned out for you PierceTV as you might expect from your chart? If you haven't read Valen's work on that yet, you must - it's a fascinating read.
I retired from construction work in May 2000...from there it's been Mr. Toads Wild Ride....straight up!...been to jail 3 times...met a clairvoyant that old me I'd write about a fantastic find...wrote a book...been meeting all sorts of very illumined and advanced souls ever since...it's certainly been something all right.:andy:

Please tell me more about 'Valen'....!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Besiege...

" be·siege (b-sj)
tr.v. be·sieged, be·sieg·ing, be·sieg·es
1. To surround with hostile forces.
2. To crowd around; hem in.
3. To harass or importune, as with requests: Reporters besieged the winner for interviews.
4. To cause to feel distressed or worried: She was besieged by problems. "

Besieged

Bonatus describes a besieged planet as one that separates from a malefic and applies to another (Con. 6). It shows a situation that is going from bad to worse.

William Lilly described a planet besieged as one that lies between the bodies of the two malefics Mars and Saturn. His example is Mars at 10 ° Aries, Venus 13° Aries, and Saturn 15° Aries. It is generally accepted that besiegement can occur by aspect as well as bodily conjunction. As a principle it refers to a planet trapped by hostile forces on either side.

The above is quoted from http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/beseiged.html :smile:

piercethevale

To clarify...according to the page on Regulus
Fixed star: REGULUS Cor Leonis
Constellation: Alpha (α) Leo
Longitude 1900: 28LEO26 Longitude 2000: 29LEO50
Declination 1900: +12.27' Declination 2000: +11.58'
Right ascension: 10h 08m Latitude: +00.27'
Spectral class: B7 Magnitude: 1.35

...meaning that it was at 28* Leo 26' in 1900 and it was still in Leo in 2000 [prob. about 29* Leo 59' at this time, August 2011.]... having traveled only 84 minutes of a degree in 100 years...less than a minute a year...apprx. 14 degrees of travel every one thousand years.

JUPITERASC

to clarify then: piercethevale - you said

to which I responded with data as follows

to which you responded with
To clarify...according to the page on Regulus
Fixed star: REGULUS Cor Leonis
Constellation: Alpha (α) Leo
Longitude 1900: 28LEO26 Longitude 2000: 29LEO50
Declination 1900: +12.27' Declination 2000: +11.58'
Right ascension: 10h 08m Latitude: +00.27'
Spectral class: B7 Magnitude: 1.35

...meaning that it was at 28* Leo 26' in 1900 and it was still in Leo in 2000 [prob. about 29* Leo 59' at this time, August 2011.]... having traveled only 84 minutes of a degree in 100 years...less than a minute a year...apprx. 14 degrees of travel every one thousand years.

to which my response is

SUBRA and REGULUS are two distinct and separate fixed stars. I introduced SUBRA into the equation because your MC appears conjunct SUBRA at 24 Leo

Fixed star: SUBRA Constellation: Omicron (ο) Leo Longitude 1900: 22LEO51 Longitude 2000: 24LEO15 Declination 1900: +10.21' Declination 2000: +09.54' Right ascension: 09h 41m Latitude: -03.45' Spectral class: FA Magnitude: 3.8 http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_alphabet.htm

REGULUS as you have said is in the final degrees of Leo, shifting into Virgo in 2012

...WOW...so that means I have my PoF at both the M.C. and "Cor Leonis"...Cool...! [..by transit definitely ...but by birth...?...I was born May 6, 1953...hmmm...now that I think about it...at that rate of transit I was born with it...! ...after thought...although you are saying it traversed from 24* Leo 15' to 0* Virgo in only 12 years...which doesn't add up...?

I infer therefore that it is your PoF that is conjunct Regulus, whereas your MC is conjunct SUBRA - having said that however, we need to consider the orbs at which fixed stars are considered conjunct particular points of a chart :smile:

Last edited: