Website for planetary speeds, needed!

As some of you devout horary students realize Lilly improvised a point count system to weigh many varibles or testimonies within a horary.

Planetary sppeed or average was just one of many testimonies, but dealing with the data Lilly had at his time the sppeds are often different as his tables and the instraments used to derive themwere off a little from our tables.

Does anyone have a few websites showing the MEAN speeds or Mode or the average speeds of planets?:rightful:

JUPITERASC

As some of you devout horary students realize Lilly improvised a point count system to weigh many varibles or testimonies within a horary.

Planetary sppeed or average was just one of many testimonies, but dealing with the data Lilly had at his time the sppeds are often different as his tables and the instraments used to derive themwere off a little from our tables.

Does anyone have a few websites showing the MEAN speeds or Mode or the average speeds of planets?:rightful:
astro.com's EXTENDED CHART SELECTION PAGE has a useful option
- above the displayed calculated chart -
top left are the words 'Additional tables PDF'
clicking on those words brings a table into view
one of the columns of that table
displays the precise speeds of each planet of the natal chart on that day at that time
:smile:

JupiterAsc stated:

astro.com's EXTENDED CHART SELECTION PAGE has a useful option
- above the displayed calculated chart -
top left are the words 'Additional tables PDF'

Yes I recommend this quite often to many for usage in what is the current speed that day.

But I'm looking for the MEAN speeds as Lilly called it for all his plenet speeds, but we know his computations were off some.

JUPITERASC

JupiterAsc stated:

Yes I recommend this quite often to many for usage in what is the current speed that day.

But I'm looking for the MEAN speeds as Lilly called it for all his plenet speeds, but we know his computations were off some.

Moon = 13[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º[/FONT] 10' 16[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"[/FONT]

Mercury = 0[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º[/FONT] 59' 08[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"[/FONT]

Venus = 0[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º[/FONT] 59' 08[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"[/FONT]

Sun = 0[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º[/FONT] 59' 08[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"[/FONT]

Mars = 0[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º [/FONT]31' 27[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"[/FONT]

Jupiter = 0[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º [/FONT]04' 59[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"[/FONT]

Saturn = 0[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º [/FONT]02' 01[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]" :smile:[/FONT]

Paul_

Account Closed
I've always just used this table:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/slow.html

And then used an ephemeris to subtract tomorrow's position from today's to find out the average speed of that planet today. It's not very sophisticated obviously but it gives me a rough idea and means I don't have to use any additional software etc. plus chances are, for horary anyway, I'll be looking at the ephemeris anyway. So subtracting two numbers doesn't seem all that difficult.

JupiterAsc seems to have more accurate listings though - or at least more specific listings!

Well this one rounds off the actual mean:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/slow.html

PLANETDaily Distance TravelledSun59'Moon13° 10' 36''Mercury *1° 23' Venus *1° 12' Mars31'Jupiter05'Saturn02'Uranus42"Neptune24"Pluto15"

This one does not break it down into degrees:

http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/orbital.htm

The relative distances, lengths of the years and orbital velocities of the various planets are as follows:
PlanetRadius of Orbit
Relative to
that of Earth'sLength of Year
Relative to
Earth's YearOrbital Velocity
Relative to
That of Earth'sMercury0.3870.24091.607Venus0.7230.6161.174Earth1.01.01.000Mars1.5241.90.802Jupiter5.20312.00.434Saturn9.53929.50.323Uranus19.18840.228Neptune30.061650.182Pluto39.522480.159
Thus Mercury's orbital speed is 1.607(67,000)=107.7 thousand miles per hour, as befits a planet named for the god of speed. Mars is a bit of a laggard. Its speed is only 0.802(67,000)=53.7 thousand miles per hour. Pluto is veritably creeping around its orbit at only 10.7 thousand miles per hour.
There is an interesting computation which can be performed using the above figures. Let us look at the products of the square roots of the relative radii and the orbital velocities. The computations are given below:
PlanetR1/2VV×R1/2Mercury0.6221.6071.000Venus0.8501.1740.998Earth1.01.01.000Mars1.2350.8020.991Jupiter2.2810.4340.990Saturn3.0890.3230.998Uranus4.3800.2280.999Neptune5.4830.1820.998Pluto6.2870.1591.000
JupiterAsc.s table wins off of Astro.com

Moon = 13[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º[/FONT] 10' 16[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"[/FONT]

Mercury = 0[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º[/FONT] 59' 08[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"[/FONT]

Venus = 0[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º[/FONT] 59' 08[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"[/FONT]

Sun = 0[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º[/FONT] 59' 08[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"[/FONT]

Mars = 0[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º [/FONT]31' 27[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"[/FONT]

Jupiter = 0[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º [/FONT]04' 59[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"[/FONT]

Saturn = 0[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º [/FONT]02' 01[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]" [/FONT]

I'd still like to know exactly where he found it on astro.com?

For if you are trying to determine in horary whether a planet is fast or slow relative to the mean speed one minute makes a slight difference!
/