Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 01-22-2009, 01:31 PM

Are you in the Pl opp Pl generation?

It was only when Pluto entered Capricorn recently that I realised it was now surprisingly close to opposing its natal position at 7°38' Leo in my chart - residing next door, as it were. Pluto takes some 247 years to orbit the sun, so its opposition to any natal position shouldn't occur until age 120 or thereabouts.

In comparison to the other planets, however, Pluto's orbit is highly eccentric and it takes about half the time to transit the signs of Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius as it does to transit Aries, Taurus and Gemini (roughly 15 years against 32). Consequently, those whose lives contain Pluto's transit through the former three signs may experience the natal opposition. In my case, this will happen around age 85.

Consulting Robert Hand's seminal classic Planets in Transit, I discovered that even he stated that this transit occurs at a time beyond the normal life expectancy. Now I sincerely hope to attain that age - it's not that far away! - so I e-mailed Rob to point this out. He told me that the book had now been revised and kindly e-mailed his updates. At the same time, he pointed out that Pluto opposition natal Pluto also coincides with the Uranus return, as well as Neptune's opposition to natal Neptune. Quite a conglomeration of outer planet transits to their natal positions in the space of a couple of years or so. Using an orb of 6°, these influences will all be current at the same time.

Only three or four generations every 250 years will experience the Pluto opposition and have a unique opportunity to describe their reactions to it. Are you one of them? If so, you will have the chance to add to the overall body of astrological knowledge. It's something I'm now looking forward to in old age, and I'm starting a Pluto Pension Fund in the hope that I make it.

Apologies to Radu and the moderators for disobeying the rules of thread posting but I am unable to make an interpretation for this transit - but then neither can anyone else!

Here's to a long life.

Cheers!

sage

My Chart:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi...Jr-u1188680809

“But it's alright, ma, it's life and life only.” - Bob Dylan.

Good planets are hard to find - please look after this one.

Last edited by sageofaquarius; 01-22-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Unread 01-22-2009, 01:51 PM

Re: Are you in the Pl opp Pl generation?

ooo....my gran went through this six years ago. She died last Sunday at the grand old age of 104. Your thread has exposed that her natal sun is opposite my sun. There was no real big changes apart from the challenges of reducing eyesight and hearing, and loss of mobility. Her natal pluto opposes my sun, and I went through a huge transit of pluto. So I wonder as you age whether the patterns play out a bit more athlectically in your progeny than yourself. possibly it becomes an internal process and less discernable for people. There could have been a choice whether to live to 100, or depart, but no way of knowing this.

I also notice, Pluto conjunct her natal uranus/mercury on her death, which position squares my sun/moon midpoint.

I will be 93 if I reach the pluto opposition, I will check back in with you then ....lol

FleaXXX

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...m/322chart.gif

Last edited by flea; 01-22-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Unread 01-22-2009, 06:16 PM

Cheers, flea. My condolences on the death of your gran, she obviously meant a great deal to you. It's a shame she wasn't an astrologer too (I'm assuming), so that we could all have benefited from her wisdom on Pluto opposition Pluto. She certainly caught me out - I didn't bother checking the possibility that there may be people who have already experienced this transit, blithely assuming it was only us mere youngsters who would do so.

The reason for my post was to alert forum members to the need for recording their experiences of this transit first-hand. I rather feel that, as one gets older, there may be many internal thoughts and processes taking place which you do not discuss with even your nearest and dearest. Serious contemplation of death might bring accusations of morbidity, and discussing thoughts or feelings from the wilder realms of the imagination might result in a diagnosis of mental ill-health. So there may be a temptation to keep shtum, resulting in a great loss of wisdom for the rest of us. Keeping a personal diary of thoughts and events at this time would be a great way to preserve this knowledge. I aim to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flea
I wonder as you age whether the patterns play out a bit more athlectically in your progeny than yourself.
This is an extremely interesting concept - Generational astrology - and it would be good to hear from others who have found similar cross-transiting effects resulting from their relationship with ageing relatives.

I did mean to respond to a point you made in an earlier post, flea, about some current events having astrological links with unresolved issues from the 1960s. I think this is so true. Many of the political and moral changes which were kick-started in that decade have still to work through the system - black equality, women's rights, gay rights, green issues, recreational drugs, etc. - and the fight goes on.

Bless you.

sage

My Chart:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi...Jr-u1188680809

“But it's alright, ma, it's life and life only.” - Bob Dylan.

Good planets are hard to find - please look after this one.
Unread 01-23-2009, 05:39 AM

Thanks SOA
I have recently been investigating the family contacts things, and as there are some very strong connections at sensitive points then we are destined to repeat some lessons.... with the advantage of our forebears stories to guide us..... NN conj Chiron is a pattern in my family that I am working through at the moment.

Yep.... 1960's big time as those with natal pluto/uranus have done or are doing their pluto square, and uranus opp about this time..... so there is a strong likely hood for some radical changes in what this generation is doing being.....maybe this is evidenced in obama. The change from Bush to Obama is radical, and this is only the start. The impact of all these aspect hits is yet to fully evolve.

FleaXXX

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...m/322chart.gif

Tags
generation