Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Questions on Medicine and health

Horary Questions on Medicine and health For questions about health, illnesses and recovery, pregnancy and baby gender.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Unread 07-11-2016, 08:51 PM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 13,252
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Saturn is retrograde. Do you still count that as entering the 8th house? It's actually retrograding into the seventh.
it is in 8th .. and it is about to go direct

__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 07-11-2016, 09:11 PM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,161
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post
nope.. not with accutane
I didn't mean with accutane.

I meant, is there a way to fashion a horary question, to ask WHAT OPTION she should try?

Or to ask if there is anything she could try that would be successful?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 07-11-2016, 09:31 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is online now
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,290
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
On the upside, your doctor looks quite capable, Mars in rulership, and just past a trine to Venus (you). He or she may have some other ideas.
Which house is the doctor? Is that the seventh?

Is the trine still indicating a good outcome with the doctor when it's separating, and the appointment isn't for two months? Will the aspect between Venus and Mars on the day of the appointment (or the closest one if they're not in an aspect on that day) factor into it, too?

Two months from today's date, Venus will be in Libra applying sextile to Mars in Sagittarius. I don't know if the appointment with the dermatologist is literally two months from today, but if it's approximately then, would that still indicate a good outcome?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 07-11-2016, 09:33 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is online now
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,290
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
I didn't mean with accutane.

I meant, is there a way to fashion a horary question, to ask WHAT OPTION she should try?

Or to ask if there is anything she could try that would be successful?
I understand that horary charts always show a way out if they give a no answer. I don't know enough about reading them to be able to say what this chart shows as the way out, though.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 07-11-2016, 10:33 PM
Tessie Tessie is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 546
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

I forgot to add how wonderful Silica Complex supplements are! I hope you will research their efficacy in relation to acne. I know, for example, one of the reasons for acne is because the sebaceous glands are enlarged and so the reason Accutane works is because it shrinks those glands. But Silica Complex is a powerful natural remedy which performs something very similar and, consequently, many report a dramatic improvement in their skin from taking Silica Complex supplements.

I'm just thinking about what Tik and Odd have said about your chart and the medication not working as good as you'd have hoped. I know some people see improvement by Accutane immediately whilst others need to take Accutane for several months, and again if/when the acne returns. It would be not good if the Accutane does not cure but makes your mental health worse and diminishes your ability to cope! This is a very real risk. I sincerely hope you will exhaust options relating to Adapaline, Erythromycin, Glycolic Acid and Silica Complex.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 07-11-2016, 11:20 PM
Pisces13 Pisces13 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessie View Post
I forgot to add how wonderful Silica Complex supplements are! I hope you will research their efficacy in relation to acne. I know, for example, one of the reasons for acne is because the sebaceous glands are enlarged and so the reason Accutane works is because it shrinks those glands. But Silica Complex is a powerful natural remedy which performs something very similar and, consequently, many report a dramatic improvement in their skin from taking Silica Complex supplements.

I'm just thinking about what Tik and Odd have said about your chart and the medication not working as good as you'd have hoped. I know some people see improvement by Accutane immediately whilst others need to take Accutane for several months, and again if/when the acne returns. It would be not good if the Accutane does not cure but makes your mental health worse and diminishes your ability to cope! This is a very real risk. I sincerely hope you will exhaust options relating to Adapaline, Erythromycin, Glycolic Acid and Silica Complex.
That's one of the things that scares me the most. The whole "it didn't work and now I have a serious illness I have to live with." Silica complex sounds familiar, I may have very well tried that. I've tried glycolic acid and it didn't work. But two or three of my dermatologists have told me that the topical stuff doesn't work really because in my situation, the acne is so stubborn and its adukt custic acne that's persisted for several years and hasn't responded to topical treatment or oral medications. They've all said, "we could try Accutane because we don't know what else to give you." That genuinely gives me chills...
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 07-12-2016, 01:06 AM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 13,252
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

Argh glycolic acid.. all it is is pure honey and lemon juice BUT
the problem is this is cystic pimples they are not infected ones.
There is an infection in Pisces'body.. it need to be driven away. Glycolic wont work.

T
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 07-12-2016, 02:10 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is online now
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,290
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post
There is an infection in Pisces'body.. it need to be driven away.

T
Did you get that from the horary chart? What would indicate that?

Or are you just going by the knowledge of what cystic acne is?

Being a first year herbalism student, I've been going through my books and class notes to see what I can find on acne, particularly the cystic kind. My knowledge is very general at this point, I'm not qualified to give medical advice, but some general information about it from an herbalism perspective:

Acne is not a disease in and of itself, it's a symptom, of sluggishness in the system. Hormones out of balance, blood not clearing toxins fast enough, possibly some liver and/or endocrine sluggishness. Lymphatic system overload is almost always a factor. If you have acne along your jawline and cheeks, that's a pretty sure sign of it being the lymphatic system.

Herbal treatments for acne would be herbs that support the liver (hepatics), that cleanse the blood (alteratives), and that cleanse the lymph system (another class of alteratives). Something to balance hormones would probably help, too, especially if you've been on birth control--that would result in the hormones needing to be rebalanced. If you're currently on birth control, however, the hormone balancing herbs would not be the thing to take because of interactions.

I can't tell you what to take, but I have whole lists of herbs in my notes that fit those categories. For hormone balancing, I would definitely start with vitex. It's an intelligent herb, in that it will automatically figure out which hormones are low and which are excessive and balance them out. Do not take it if you're currently on birth control. If you are not, it's perfectly safe.

For alteratives (blood and lymph cleansers), my list says nettles, dandelion, cleavers, chickweed, burdock. Cleavers and chickweed are lymph cleansers in particular. Nettles are a blood cleanser. Drinking nettle teas/infusions is often one of the first things recommended in herbal treatment, because nettles provide a good support for everything else, and they can do no harm. Burdock roots make a good stew ingredient, if you can get them.

There are particular forms of massage therapy that work on the lymph system in particular. If you can find someone who does that, it would be helpful.

I can't say what will work for you, but those are some ideas that would work on the disease instead of just the symptom.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 07-12-2016, 03:09 AM
Pisces13 Pisces13 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 293
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post
Argh glycolic acid.. all it is is pure honey and lemon juice BUT
the problem is this is cystic pimples they are not infected ones.
There is an infection in Pisces'body.. it need to be driven away. Glycolic wont work.

T
I've tried three different antibiotics over the years, though. One worked okay for a few months but then stopped working. Tried an even stronger anti-biotic after that and it did nothing. But it is an "inside"/internal problem, yes. Nothing topical will work because that would literally just be taking care of what's on the surface and not the bigger problem/the source. I'm really at my wits end with this cystic acne thing.

Osamenor: I've actually tried the herbal thing, I went to one of those non-MD doctor's that work with herbs, the name is on the tip of my tongue but I forget what they're called, and use a flashlight to look into your eyes to see what's wrong, and I've done things like the liver cleanse, this "fungus" cleanse thing, all sorts of things. The last time I went was the year before last and I've tried it a total of 3 or 4 times. I've taken all sorts of herbal oral medicines as well as all sorts of teas and nasty drinks you mix up from these herbal powders. I've even drank teas that are supposedly great for balancing women's hormones. Nothing. I honestly feel like I've tried every logical suggestion and I hate that because of the Accutane--which also may not work and may just give me an illness instead of a cure.

Last edited by Pisces13; 07-12-2016 at 03:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 07-12-2016, 03:30 AM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

I'm going a little off-horary here, but Saturn rules the skin. What shape is it in in your natal chart?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 07-12-2016, 03:41 AM
Pisces13 Pisces13 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 293
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

I've heard it's not okay, but it seems okay to me. Saturn is in my 7th house in Aquarius (both which go well with Saturn). It does oppose my ascendent and it sextiles my Venus--which is not in the best shape as it is in Aries and it's retrograde. But it's a sextile, so I don't know how a "bad" Venus may affect Saturn/skin if it's a good aspect. It has more negative aspects than good, though, so that may be the problem. Also venus trines my ascendent. Which sounds good, but maybe since it's not the strongest Venus placement, that's why it's bad?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BirthChart.jpg (512.4 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Pisces13; 07-12-2016 at 03:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 07-12-2016, 04:30 AM
Pisces13 Pisces13 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 293
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

I probably should have added this earlier, but I figured it was irrelevant since the question was "Will accutane give me permanent health problems" and had nothing to do with timing. But my appointment is in a couple months, but I will tell her I'm now open to trying accutane if we've in fact exhausted every other option, but that I want to start taking it late next spring/early summer after that particular school semester is over--that way if anything bad happens, my schooling won't suffer as it will be during break. You may be thinking, "Why in the world are you making an appointment now then?" And that's because it takes months and months to get an appointment with a dermatologist in my area, it's not unusual for us to have to wait 6-7 months until the next appointment is available. So I want to get everything out of the way now to ensure convenient timing.

Does that make a difference as far as horary here is concerned? Again, I think not since this was about accutane and its effect on me, not "Will I get accutane in two months that will harm me?".
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 07-12-2016, 04:32 AM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 13,252
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Did you get that from the horary chart? What would indicate that?

Or are you just going by the knowledge of what cystic acne is?
yeah combusted venus has the same effect as mars on asce
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 07-12-2016, 04:36 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,161
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

There are a few major things that jump out to me in this chart.

Saturn is in a very powerful position , in terms of the midpoints.

Saturn= Mars/Jupiter [ a difficult birth ?]

Pluto=Saturn/Asc [Suffering through suppression, compulsory confinement, retention]

Pluto=Saturn/Chiron


Saturn holds a key position in terms of your physical health because it is exactly opposed your Ascendant, and Pluto squares that opposition, and Chiron conjuncts it. So that Saturn placement is made critical and difficult.

Mars/Jupiter midpoints on the Saturn as well. And it is part of a Fixed Cross. So it is a powerful configuration.

According to Ebertin:

Mars/jupiter = the activity of the organs, smooth muscular tissue, the heart muscle, [ the completed birth, the first cry]


So it seems that the activity of the organs have a very big influence here, as they seem to have a big impact upon the Saturn.


Also, the Sun/Pluto trine, which is a positive thing, has Uranus/Neptune in Cap, at the midpoint. But that Uranus/Neptune conjunction is part of the Mars/Jupiter grand Cross.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 07-12-2016, 04:37 AM
Capricorn2616's Avatar
Capricorn2616 Capricorn2616 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 147
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

I just saw on a documentary that BPA is a major cause of PCOS.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 07-12-2016, 05:07 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is online now
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,290
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces13 View Post
Osamenor: I've actually tried the herbal thing, I went to one of those non-MD doctor's that work with herbs, the name is on the tip of my tongue but I forget what they're called, and use a flashlight to look into your eyes to see what's wrong, and I've done things like the liver cleanse, this "fungus" cleanse thing, all sorts of things. The last time I went was the year before last and I've tried it a total of 3 or 4 times. I've taken all sorts of herbal oral medicines as well as all sorts of teas and nasty drinks you mix up from these herbal powders. I've even drank teas that are supposedly great for balancing women's hormones. Nothing. I honestly feel like I've tried every logical suggestion and I hate that because of the Accutane--which also may not work and may just give me an illness instead of a cure.
Did you see a TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) practitioner? Or a naturopath?

There are many kinds of non-MD practitioners who work with herbs, and they can be very, very different from each other. To make matters even more confusing, they run the gamut from terrific to pure quack. Since there's no set licensing standards for a lot of the non-mainstream medicine fields, there's not always a good way to tell the real ones from the fakes. Acupuncturists and naturopaths have standards to meet, but in many cases, anyone can claim anything.

The right thing for you would probably be a mix of treatments: the right combination of herbs (which I can't give you because I'm not a qualified practitioner yet and I haven't seen you in person), and body work, and possibly dietary adjustments, all taken together. Maybe some good herbal face washes, too. It's not going to be just one thing alone, because this is so pervasive.

If the horary chart is giving positive indicators for the doctor, maybe she'll have ideas that we don't.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 07-12-2016, 05:22 AM
Pisces13 Pisces13 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricorn2616 View Post
I just saw on a documentary that BPA is a major cause of PCOS.
BPA? I have PCOS and I was told that it's genetic--never did buy that though because neither my mom nor my many aunts have had PCOS. I always knew it was something about "today" versus when our grandparents were young when food was natural and pollution wasn't as bad as today. But I've no idea what BPS is, will you please tell me? That's interesting. I'd also appreciate a link or the name of that documentary.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 07-12-2016, 05:25 AM
Pisces13 Pisces13 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Did you see a TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) practitioner? Or a naturopath?

There are many kinds of non-MD practitioners who work with herbs, and they can be very, very different from each other. To make matters even more confusing, they run the gamut from terrific to pure quack. Since there's no set licensing standards for a lot of the non-mainstream medicine fields, there's not always a good way to tell the real ones from the fakes. Acupuncturists and naturopaths have standards to meet, but in many cases, anyone can claim anything.

The right thing for you would probably be a mix of treatments: the right combination of herbs (which I can't give you because I'm not a qualified practitioner yet and I haven't seen you in person), and body work, and possibly dietary adjustments, all taken together. Maybe some good herbal face washes, too. It's not going to be just one thing alone, because this is so pervasive.

If the horary chart is giving positive indicators for the doctor, maybe she'll have ideas that we don't.
I've tried the natural way so many times that I honestly don't even believe in it--no offense, I respect the field and it certainly has things I like and I incorporate many "natural" habits in my life Because I know the benefits, but when even chemical stuff doesn't work, I don't think the more subtle stuff will either (especially considering how stubborn my skin problems are and the fact that I've went to different naturopaths before and the herbal way isn't anytning foreign to me).
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 07-12-2016, 07:44 AM
Pisces13 Pisces13 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 293
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
There are a few major things that jump out to me in this chart.

Saturn is in a very powerful position , in terms of the midpoints.

Saturn= Mars/Jupiter [ a difficult birth ?]

Pluto=Saturn/Asc [Suffering through suppression, compulsory confinement, retention]

Pluto=Saturn/Chiron


Saturn holds a key position in terms of your physical health because it is exactly opposed your Ascendant, and Pluto squares that opposition, and Chiron conjuncts it. So that Saturn placement is made critical and difficult.

Mars/Jupiter midpoints on the Saturn as well. And it is part of a Fixed Cross. So it is a powerful configuration.

According to Ebertin:

Mars/jupiter = the activity of the organs, smooth muscular tissue, the heart muscle, [ the completed birth, the first cry]


So it seems that the activity of the organs have a very big influence here, as they seem to have a big impact upon the Saturn.


Also, the Sun/Pluto trine, which is a positive thing, has Uranus/Neptune in Cap, at the midpoint. But that Uranus/Neptune conjunction is part of the Mars/Jupiter grand Cross.
Hey, thanks for the analysis, I'll answer in order:

"Saturn= Mars/Jupiter [ a difficult birth ?]"

1) No I didn't have a difficult birth, my mom actually said it was easy (well, as easy as giving birth can be) and she didn't even feel the need to use any meds.

"Pluto=Saturn/Asc [Suffering through suppression, compulsory confinement, retention]"

2) Not really sure what this means. I guess I feel suppressed in terms of my life feels like it goes at a slower rate (as far as accomplishments) than my peers. Not sure about that compulsory confinement and retention though. I wouldn't say i feel trapped or anything, but I guess at times when I'm more stressed I do.

"Pluto=Saturn/Chiron

Saturn holds a key position in terms of your physical health because it is exactly opposed your Ascendant, and Pluto squares that opposition, and Chiron conjuncts it. So that Saturn placement is made critical and difficult."

3) No kidding! And I can't help but think that placement almost proves that if I were to take Accutane it would play a number on my health because I'm already ******* as far as that goes, I guess.

"Mars/Jupiter midpoints on the Saturn as well. And it is part of a Fixed Cross. So it is a powerful configuration. According to Ebertin:

Mars/jupiter = the activity of the organs, smooth muscular tissue, the heart muscle, [ the completed birth, the first cry]


So it seems that the activity of the organs have a very big influence here, as they seem to have a big impact upon the Saturn."

4) Mmm. Not sure what to say here other than I agree. The skin is the biggest organ and a huge problem for me.


"Also, the Sun/Pluto trine, which is a positive thing, has Uranus/Neptune in Cap, at the midpoint. But that Uranus/Neptune conjunction is part of the Mars/Jupiter grand Cross"

5) Since the birth chart is the blueprint, would this indicate skin will always be a problem area for me?

Thanks again, that was informative and interesting, katydid.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 07-12-2016, 10:13 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,161
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces13 View Post
Hey, thanks for the analysis, I'll answer in order:

"Saturn= Mars/Jupiter [ a difficult birth ?]"

1) No I didn't have a difficult birth, my mom actually said it was easy (well, as easy as giving birth can be) and she didn't even feel the need to use any meds.

"Pluto=Saturn/Asc [Suffering through suppression, compulsory confinement, retention]"

2) Not really sure what this means. I guess I feel suppressed in terms of my life feels like it goes at a slower rate (as far as accomplishments) than my peers. Not sure about that compulsory confinement and retention though. I wouldn't say i feel trapped or anything, but I guess at times when I'm more stressed I do.

"Pluto=Saturn/Chiron

Saturn holds a key position in terms of your physical health because it is exactly opposed your Ascendant, and Pluto squares that opposition, and Chiron conjuncts it. So that Saturn placement is made critical and difficult."

3) No kidding! And I can't help but think that placement almost proves that if I were to take Accutane it would play a number on my health because I'm already ******* as far as that goes, I guess.

"Mars/Jupiter midpoints on the Saturn as well. And it is part of a Fixed Cross. So it is a powerful configuration. According to Ebertin:

Mars/jupiter = the activity of the organs, smooth muscular tissue, the heart muscle, [ the completed birth, the first cry]


So it seems that the activity of the organs have a very big influence here, as they seem to have a big impact upon the Saturn."

4) Mmm. Not sure what to say here other than I agree. The skin is the biggest organ and a huge problem for me.


"Also, the Sun/Pluto trine, which is a positive thing, has Uranus/Neptune in Cap, at the midpoint. But that Uranus/Neptune conjunction is part of the Mars/Jupiter grand Cross"

5) Since the birth chart is the blueprint, would this indicate skin will always be a problem area for me?

Thanks again, that was informative and interesting, katydid.
In terms of this:

"Pluto=Saturn/Asc [Suffering through suppression, compulsory confinement, retention]"

2) Not really sure what this means. I guess I feel suppressed in terms of my life feels like it goes at a slower rate (as far as accomplishments) than my peers. Not sure about that compulsory confinement and retention though. I wouldn't say i feel trapped or anything, but I guess at times when I'm more stressed I do.



I think the 'suffering through suppression ' might be the loneliness and feelings of a complete absence of a social life' that you have described.


As for the 'retention' and 'activity of the organs' :

I took that to mean that something internally is not being cleared out effectively by your organs. There is 'retention' of something which should be eliminated by your organs, is how I interpret it. I could be wrong...
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 07-12-2016, 01:14 PM
Snakechammah Snakechammah is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Neverwinter City
Posts: 248
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

Reading through this makes me really sad, I know what you're going through.

Do try the Glycolic, herbal remedy, aloe vera and everything that was suggested. You'd never know if either of that could be your saving grace... but as Tik and Odd has mentioned, it certainly isn't Accutane.

I've been through the acne phrase for 20 years... it's only been recent that my skin has cleared enough that I can now go makeup free to the supermarket (!).

Mind you - in its heyday - mine was probably worse than yours. I still have scars from the back acne and the reason I NEVER wear tank tops, sleeveless or camis! Mine was cystic and all its cousins!

If you think acne is bad, trust me, fungal infection is worse! I've had pityrosporum folliculitis.... I also made a horary chart for that... I know how you feel! HUGS!!!

I wish you'll find your remedy soon.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 07-12-2016, 08:34 PM
Pisces13 Pisces13 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 293
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
In terms of this:

"Pluto=Saturn/Asc [Suffering through suppression, compulsory confinement, retention]"

2) Not really sure what this means. I guess I feel suppressed in terms of my life feels like it goes at a slower rate (as far as accomplishments) than my peers. Not sure about that compulsory confinement and retention though. I wouldn't say i feel trapped or anything, but I guess at times when I'm more stressed I do.



I think the 'suffering through suppression ' might be the loneliness and feelings of a complete absence of a social life' that you have described.


As for the 'retention' and 'activity of the organs' :

I took that to mean that something internally is not being cleared out effectively by your organs. There is 'retention' of something which should be eliminated by your organs, is how I interpret it. I could be wrong...
I think I must have been going through a weird transit, like really weird and not to mention emotionally and psychologically intense. That was a weird period for me because before that and after that (including now) I don't feel lonely or anything and I actually enjoy my independence. I have no problem socializing and getting along well with people, but I enjoy my independence and if anything am afraid to lose it. I do see what you're saying though. I have Saturn and Pluto opposing and squaring my ascendent, which I think makes people react to me in a suspicious and cautious way, like they look at me and simply wonder or get "a feeling."

I'm no way a bad person, my parents raised me well and I'm not mean or rude, but people perceive in a way that makes them question, "Is she good or not? I get strange vibes from her." It can be super frustrating only because it's a bit insulting to my actual character, but also at times I kind of like it, lol. It can come in handy. I think the Venus sextile ascendent helps smooth things over because I can be quite charming, but if I'm silent or something, people don't know how to perceive me (I can tell by the suspicious looks even though I look, dress, and am normal in terms of behavior/personality).

So I think that's how my saturn opposite ascendent plays itself out. That couple with pluto square ascendent. I guess I come off as intense and suspicious, and so lots of people are cautious or hesitant because they don't know what to think, so it's like, "She's seems nice and she seems polite, but I still get a weird vibe from her." So people are naturally slower to approach or trust me--and I'm the same way. I don't care how nice you come across, if I get a bad vibe from you, I'll listen to my instincts just in case, so it's understandable. But I myself don't feel "lonely" I'm super comfortable "by myself" (I do interact regularly with people, but generally nothing too much, I do have a best friend I can to about anything, I have my family, some aquitances I get along with, etc). I think my sun in the 8th house helps. So I really do think that that period of my life had a lot to do with rough transits or some karmic life lesson or something...I mean, I even had a tough time with my mom during that period, and we're otherwise very close and she's very supportive and self-sacrificing, but at that time I was so "weird" or unusual as far as my thinking pattern and behavior that we were just at odds almost all the time--and that's unlike us. I definitely don't have any personality disorder or anything, if that's how that came off, besides that period of my life, my family life is stable and normal and my "lack of social life" as I put it is partially my own choice, maybe even mostly. As far as relationships go, on the one hand I'm very picky (the standards are reasonable and respectable) but can't imagine losing my freedom, but on the other hand, if someone I actually like does come along, I won't shy away from it either. It's in God's hands, really, I have other priorities though.

I can see how saturn (teeth, bones, skin) opposing my ascendent which conjuncts chiron in the 12th does play a number on my appearance though. It makes sense. Rough aspect with my ascendent--chronic skin problems, conjunct chiron in the 12th house of self undoing (I do tend to dread doing anything like going out if the breakout is REALLY bad that month, which is understandable but not always fun).

As far as organ retention, I suppose it makes sense? I have PCOS and that has to with ovarian cysts. This could be over-reaching, but perhaps the ovaries are holding on to the eggs that are otherwise supposed to be released monthly...so there's the retention, I suppose. All that stuff is hormonal, which leads to the cystic acne. As a matter of fact, although all acne--cystic or otherwise--is hormonal, not all hormonal acne is due to PCOS. I wonder if Accutane would even help with women with PCOS. I'll have to ask my dermatologist, I didn't even think about that.

Last edited by Pisces13; 07-12-2016 at 08:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pisces13 For This Useful Post:
katydid (07-12-2016)
  #48  
Unread 07-12-2016, 08:47 PM
Pisces13 Pisces13 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 293
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakechammah View Post
Reading through this makes me really sad, I know what you're going through.

Do try the Glycolic, herbal remedy, aloe vera and everything that was suggested. You'd never know if either of that could be your saving grace... but as Tik and Odd has mentioned, it certainly isn't Accutane.

I've been through the acne phrase for 20 years... it's only been recent that my skin has cleared enough that I can now go makeup free to the supermarket (!).

Mind you - in its heyday - mine was probably worse than yours. I still have scars from the back acne and the reason I NEVER wear tank tops, sleeveless or camis! Mine was cystic and all its cousins!

If you think acne is bad, trust me, fungal infection is worse! I've had pityrosporum folliculitis.... I also made a horary chart for that... I know how you feel! HUGS!!!

I wish you'll find your remedy soon.
Thanks, snakechammah *hugs*! That's nice of you, thank you for your thoughts and for sharing your own experiences. I'm sorry you had to go through that, it does sound like yours was a bit worse than mine--I only have it on my face and just under my jawline as of recently (like last two months, which is why I made an appointment with my doctor), I'm glad you got your relief!

I did try the aloe vera too, but it didn't help me. I also tried cinnamon and honey masks, but also to no avail. I even made masks with fresh lemon squeezed in them (other natural products I read were good for acne, and specifically cystic acne), but all it did was irritate my skin even though I diluted the lemon carefully. I think the reason why that kind of thing works for others but not for me is probably due to the fact that I have PCOS.

Strange though, because the symptoms of PCOS are supposed to be weaker and less intense the thinner the woman suffering from it is, and I've been very thin my whole life, and despite all the other symptoms being subtle, the cystic acne is by far more intense and persistent than I've ever seen on any other girl with PCOS. I've even been on boards where women with PCOS themselves were sharing their stories about how they keep their cystic acne breakouts at bay, I've tried all that stuff too, but it does nothing. I can't tell you how frustrating it is, but you understand, I'm sure. It's definitely not an easy thing to live with. I could handle it if it was a couple regular pimples every now and again, like during that time of the month, but cystic all over the face? For 10 years? And nothing helps? That's exactly why accutane is even on my mind right now, otherwise I'd never touch the stuff.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pisces13 For This Useful Post:
Snakechammah (07-15-2016)
  #49  
Unread 07-17-2016, 04:13 PM
Tessie Tessie is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 546
Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

I know you say you've tried veganism but many have had great success with the raw food diet in curing chronic disease (cancer, arthritis, diabetes, etc.), incl. PCOS. Tbh, it would make your acne worse perhaps initially, due to clearing out toxins, but it may kill both birds with one stone if you can persist.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 07-17-2016, 07:29 PM
Pisces13 Pisces13 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessie View Post
I know you say you've tried veganism but many have had great success with the raw food diet in curing chronic disease (cancer, arthritis, diabetes, etc.), incl. PCOS. Tbh, it would make your acne worse perhaps initially, due to clearing out toxins, but it may kill both birds with one stone if you can persist.
I like the raw food diet for its other health benefits but it's doing nothing for my acne. As far as veganism goes (which if it was healthy no one would ever even go to the doctor and take medications for those terrible illnesses if cutting out animal products was all there was to it), like I said I tried it for about 6-7 months, if it didn't help at least by the 6th or 7th month, then it wasn't going to at all. As someone who suffers from severe acne, the last thing I want to do is something that makes it even worse than it already was to begin with for over 7 months because of some off chance that it might eventually start working. I always eat very healthy, I take care of my skin, I'm a very clean and hygienic person, plus I've tried a ton of medications and none of it has proven successful. Unfortunately I'm probably really going to have to go on accutane. Either have severe acne forever and ruin my youth until menopause or damage my health to whatever extent. It's really a "pick your poison" type situation. Thanks for the suggestions, though, I do appreciate it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
accutane, give, health, permanent, problems

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.