Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Questions on Medicine and health

Horary Questions on Medicine and health For questions about health, illnesses and recovery, pregnancy and baby gender.

Unread 07-11-2016, 07:52 AM
Banned

Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

In a couple months, I have an appointment with a dermatologist for my adult acne. I've had it for years, no topical or oral treatment--prescription or otherwise--has helped in any way, I've been recommended Accutane a few times before but I've been afraid to try it due to all the horror stories. It's gotten to the point now where I'm actually going to tell my doctor I've changed my mind about Accutane and I'd like to go on it and see what it can do for me.

But because I've heard such terrible things (liver damage, pancreatic damage, hair loss--I'm a young woman, etc.) and how the permanent health problems can arise even one year after taking it, I'm understandably scared. My question was: Will Accutane result in any permanent, or even temporary but severe, health issues for me and will Accutane pose any damage to my health and well-being (during and after the course)?

Please bare with me because I've never attempted to read a health horary before. I associate the 6th house with health, both the 6th house's ruler and my own are Venus, which is conjunct Mercury, and Venus trines Mars in the 7th house (could this be the doctor prescribing me the Accutane?). Instinctively, I want to associate the 10th house with health--the ruler of the 10th is Saturn, retrograde, and squaring Jupiter, which is not in dignity in Virgo. Moon is also squaring Sun...all in all, it looks bad to me. As in "yes" it will result in either severe or permanent health damage to me.

Will someone please read the chart and tell me what you see? This is very important to me as it has to do with my health. I'm worried and I'm too young for some of those permanent side effects and it scares me. At the same time, having very bad acne for several years is also debilitating in many ways...so Accutane really is an option to me, but I do have to know what it holds for me health-wise as well...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg accutane.jpg (545.3 KB, 34 views)

Unread 07-11-2016, 08:09 AM

Re: Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

I don't know how to read horary ... Have you tried cutting out caffeine, and only eating animal products that are strictly regulated? Also SLS in shampoo and toothpaste causes me to break out sometimes. I'm not trying to minimize your experience, I'm sure you've tried everything. I've just heard a lot of stories about girls regretting using this drug. Diet and managing stress/hormones helped my skin immensely. I might just be stating the obvious lol but if you want to hear about the things I've learned through the years regarding skin care you can pm me.
Unread 07-11-2016, 08:17 AM
Banned

Thank you for your suggestions and offer Capricorn, but I really have tried everything under the sun these past 10 years. I even went vegan for 6 months, and it did nothing. I've done a lot of dietary experiments that I stuck with 6+ months, all-natural products, many lifestyle changes in general, all in addition to trying numerous (and i do mean numerous) prescription medications, both oral and topical. Nothing helped even "a little bit." I've even been to multiple doctors, including a hormone doctor, over the years. No change. Accurate is, dreadfully and unfortunately, my only hope. But of course I'm scared because I've researched Accutane. It's horrible--at least it has been to many people, and it scares me. But it's either give Accutante a shot, or live with severe acne and spend my whole youth looking like this. It's an extremely hard decision, but it really has come down to Accutane or put up with severe acne for another decade. I don't know what to do.
Unread 07-11-2016, 08:22 AM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales

dont touch that sh*t yeah it does harm you more than it should
Unread 07-11-2016, 08:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post
dont touch that sh*t yeah it does harm you more than it should
Geez. Is that from the chart or you've heard enough things about it and you're advising to just stay away from it? Goodness. I don't even know what to do anymore.
Unread 07-11-2016, 08:58 AM

treatment is 10th house so you need to look at asce / to MH and moon

saturn rejects venus
venus is not happy with saturn
moon just passed saturn and heads to sun square
Lilly says that any time there is a malefic aspect between moon / sun unless there is TOL involved .. hardly anything will go well. Therefore, acutane *****!

venus - below the horizon _ BAD! and it is combusted
saturn is entering 8th house - really bad!

venus rules skin beauty therefore the chart is valid.

Last edited by tikana; 07-11-2016 at 09:02 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tikana For This Useful Post:
astrobunny (07-12-2016), IleneK (07-11-2016), Snakechammah (07-11-2016)
Unread 07-11-2016, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
treatment is 10th house so you need to look at asce / to MH and moon

saturn rejects venus
venus is not happy with saturn
moon just passed saturn and heads to sun square
Lilly says that any time there is a malefic aspect between moon / sun unless there is TOL involved .. hardly anything will go well. Therefore, acutane *****!

venus - below the horizon _ BAD! and it is combusted

venus rules skin beauty therefore the chart is valid.
This just absolutely crushed me (but thanks for reading the chart, of course). I'm the only person, let alone young woman, my age that I know who still has any type of acne, let alone severe acne. And I've had it for just a little more than 10 years and looking at my face now, it's not slowing down at all. And I've truly exhausted all my options. Does the chart indicate death? Because I'm so desperate I might actually still go on it unless it makes me die, then obviously I won't touch it. But my desperation really has taken me to this point.
Unread 07-11-2016, 09:12 AM

well if it was worth it, we should have seen dignified or accidentally well placed planet.. here Saturn is bad 8th house NOT good.

you are not DYING from it but you wont get what you seek.
Unread 07-11-2016, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
well if it was worth it, we should have seen dignified or accidentally well placed planet.. here Saturn is bad 8th house NOT good.

(deep sigh) With the way things normally go for me, I should have anticipated that. Thank you for your time, Tikana (and Capricorn as well, of course), I appreciate it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pisces13 For This Useful Post:
tikana (07-11-2016)
Unread 07-11-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:

Tikana, is there a way to ask a horary question, about what she should try?

I don't know how to fashion questions....
Unread 07-11-2016, 11:55 AM

Seriously, please listen to Tikana.

Accutane is already bad in every levels, and from Tik's analysis, I wouldn't touch that with a 100-foot pole if I were you! It's better to have acne than a ruptured kidney... or similiar.

Speaking as someone who battled with acne for 20 years... I can suggest a few things that may help you.

When you say you've tried everything under the sun, chances are, you probably haven't.

Have you tried Dan Kern's Benzoyl Peroxide? Google his website and get help from there.

Personally, I use SKII and that alone has helped me. But it's pricey as hell so I know most sane people won't try it even if I say they can fart sunshine using it! There are MANY alternatives to Accutane. Some of them are sulphur soap (grandpa brand - google it), Peter thomas roth's acne line (google that)... everything that does not involve the 8th House in a horary chart!!

Astrology-wise, I emphasize: please listen to what Tikana has said....

I wish you all the best!
Unread 07-11-2016, 02:46 PM
Banned

@Snakechammah I know i should listen to her, and I might. As for the benzoyl peroxide, I haven't tried that but it wouldn't help anyway. At best it would be a temporary fix. Cystic acne cannot be permanantly helped with topicals as its not a bacterial form of acne. Thanks anyway though.

Last edited by Pisces13; 07-11-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Unread 07-11-2016, 05:46 PM

birth control pills fix cystic acne
Unread 07-11-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
Tikana, is there a way to ask a horary question, about what she should try?

I don't know how to fashion questions....
nope.. not with accutane
Unread 07-11-2016, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces13 View Post
Geez. Is that from the chart or you've heard enough things about it and you're advising to just stay away from it? Goodness. I don't even know what to do anymore.
Have you ever tried this? Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel. I have seen it work for many people! It's 100% magnificent. You can drink it (keep refrigerated) or use it as topical treatment. Try it for a month and see what happens? Good luck.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg lily of the desert aloe.jpg (44.9 KB, 0 views)
Unread 07-11-2016, 05:57 PM

I tend to agree with Tik's assessment, though we get there by slightly different paths.

On the upside, your doctor looks quite capable, Mars in rulership, and just past a trine to Venus (you). He or she may have some other ideas. As Tik said, the accutane wouldn't necessarily be lethal, but there would be problems - it won't give you what you want.
Unread 07-11-2016, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
I tend to agree with Tik's assessment, though we get there by slightly different paths.

On the upside, your doctor looks quite capable, Mars in rulership, and just past a trine to Venus (you). He or she may have some other ideas. As Tik said, the accutane wouldn't necessarily be lethal, but there would be problems - it won't give you what you want.
Oddity.. all roads lead to Rome..
Unread 07-11-2016, 06:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
birth control pills fix cystic acne
Not always. I've been on 3-4 different birth control pills, all for about a year each. unfortunately nothing.
Unread 07-11-2016, 07:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
Have you ever tried this? Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel. I have seen it work for many people! It's 100% magnificent. You can drink it (keep refrigerated) or use it as topical treatment. Try it for a month and see what happens? Good luck.

I actually had tried that, and like all other things it didn't do anything. I've even tried drinking apple cider vinegar (distiller with a little water) 2-3x a day as suggested by a vitamin shop owner and that didn't do anything either.
Unread 07-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post

I am going to a good one. But I've explored many options with her over the years.
Unread 07-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
I actually had tried that, and like all other things it didn't do anything. I've even tried drinking apple cider vinegar (distiller with a little water) 2-3x a day as suggested by a vitamin shop owner and that didn't do anything either.

sorry to hear that....

maybe Frisiangal can help - she's a gifted medical astrologer - she doesn't read horaries, but if you post your birth chart/condition in the medical astrology section, she might offer some helpful direction. she might look at what was going on in your chart 10 years ago when this developed. just a suggestion

one last thought - a completely vegan diet - no saturated /animal fats, no dairy. plant based diet.

anyway - good luck.
Unread 07-11-2016, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
sorry to hear that....

maybe Frisiangal can help - she's a gifted medical astrologer - she doesn't read horaries, but if you post your birth chart/condition in the medical astrology section, she might offer some helpful direction. she might look at what was going on in your chart 10 years ago when this developed. just a suggestion

one last thought - a completely vegan diet - no saturated /animal fats, no dairy. plant based diet.

anyway - good luck.
Thank you for your suggestion, I'll see if I can get in contact with her. And yeah, I've actually tried a vegan and gluten free diet too for about 6-7 months and I was eating A LOT of raw vegetables (including carrots because of their Vitamin A content) and it actually made my acne worse for the first 3-4 months, then it went back to being as bad as it was before. That shocked me considering how much I'd researched it before going on the vegan diet and how I read it was great for skin. I'm sure it's amazing for some people, but it really didn't help me. I'm scared that Accutane may actually be my only option, but I'm too young for for severe and permanant health problems. I have my whole life ahead of me, I don't want to spend it in and out of the hospital but I don't know what else to do. The acne itself is so debilitating and it's not like a couple blemishes here and there that can be covered with makeup. I'll see if Frisiangal can help, thanks for suggesting her. I really appreciate everyone's suggestions.
Unread 07-11-2016, 08:13 PM
Banned

Hi!

A friend of mine took Accutane. It worked perfectly and she had no side-effects on it. But, just as she came off, her uncle died and this bereavement triggered her to become obsessed by suicide for a very long time. Her doctors attributed it to the Accutane. When I did some research, I discovered a neurological side-effect which is that the high vitamin A concentration alters the metabolism in the frontal lobe of the brain and, as the drugs pamphlet says, it may not reverse. The frontal lobe is associated with executive function and is key in controlling our emotional impulses. Damage to this area results in people doing and experiencing all kinds of frightening things. I have another friend who took it with no negative side-effects except dry eyes. I totally understand how very desperate you are to have normal skin and just get on with your life. But with the negative indications of the chart, coupled with the fact the option to take Accutane will always be there, I'd encourage you to just try a couple of more things. I know it feels like you have tried everything already and you've probably received tons of bad advice. But here's some more, which I hope you will consider seriously. Have you tried Adapaline Gel? It is the external form of Accutane. It can work just as well without the side-effects. Or, have you tried combining Adapaline Gel with antibiotic medication like Erythromycin? The two can work just as well as Accutane. I personally swear by Glycolic Acid. It's my fav beauty product. I do not think it is possible to use a high concentration Glycolic Acid face wash and have any spots. Honestly, try this first. You will see an immediate difference. I advise you to source from a reputable brand. I live in the UK and purchase from Sk:n. You might contact them, see if they ship abroad. x x x

P.s., Or ask your dermatologist where you can score some high grade Glycolic Acid, either as a face wash or as a peel, or both.

Last edited by Tessie; 07-11-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Unread 07-11-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Not always. I've been on 3-4 different birth control pills, all for about a year each. unfortunately nothing.
i never said always
Unread 07-11-2016, 08:50 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Saturn is retrograde. Do you still count that as entering the 8th house? It's actually retrograding into the seventh.

Tags
accutane, give, health, permanent, problems