Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 01-20-2016, 02:30 PM

venus square mars ??

hi !!! I have this aspect and I'm interested to know how it plays in my chart ,btw, is it true that this aspect gives attractiveness ???

Unread 01-22-2016, 09:08 PM

Re: venus square mars ??

I have this aspect as well. Don't know much about it. The textbook description for it seems to be "passionate", which I'd probably agree with
Unread 01-22-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by estitom View Post
I have this aspect as well. Don't know much about it. The textbook description for it seems to be "passionate", which I'd probably agree with
Me too..I read it's about love and hate with the same intensity!!!
Unread 02-01-2016, 03:39 AM

This is one of my least favorite aspects to see in any chart...or synastry.

Venus is the object of desire. Mars represents the "method" used for getting it. Once the person GETS the object it often loses its value and the person goes on to a quest to find the next object.

Inherent in this aspect is the inability to be truly satisfied with the desired object once achieved. The dynamic is in the 'getting'....not the 'having.' (unless there are more powerful aspect to venus in the natal chart which might modify this unfortunate issue.

the person who has this aspect is often at a loss as to why interest is lost in the desired object. If Neptune is heavily involved it can get very messy, and turn into very bad drama...which the native might actually (subliminally) enjoy....at least temporarily.

There's more but you get the picture.
LIN

"The universe does not care if it inconveniences you."

Last edited by Lin; 02-01-2016 at 03:44 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lin For This Useful Post:
katydid (02-01-2016), saturnsayshi (02-09-2016)
Unread 02-01-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post

Venus is the object of desire. Mars represents the "method" used for getting it. Once the person GETS the object it often loses its value and the person goes on to a quest to find the next object.

Inherent in this aspect is the inability to be truly satisfied with the desired object once achieved. The dynamic is in the 'getting'....not the 'having.' (unless there are more powerful aspect to venus in the natal chart which might modify this unfortunate issue.

the person who has this aspect is often at a loss as to why interest is lost in the desired object. If Neptune is heavily involved it can get very messy, and turn into very bad drama...which the native might actually (subliminally) enjoy....at least temporarily.

LIN
Thank you so much for your reply ...and yes it's kinda like that with me... I lose my interest in anything very quickly.. BTW, I have mercury conjuct Venus do you think it has anything to do with Venus square Mars???
Unread 02-01-2016, 08:28 PM

well, it would be the same without the Merc....however...the Merc being there might make you try to rationalize the dynamic instead of seeing it as a flaw that might need working on.
Lots of other indications in the chart can modify these energies....and so can transits; the transits can bring out the worst or best of any aspect.
LIN

Unread 02-07-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
well, it would be the same without the Merc....however...the Merc being there might make you try to rationalize the dynamic instead of seeing it as a flaw that might need working on.
Lots of other indications in the chart can modify these energies....and so can transits; the transits can bring out the worst or best of any aspect.
LIN
Thank you for your reply ..if I wanted to know more about this aspect, where do I look exactly?? I have
Unread 02-07-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
LIN
Thank you for your reply ..that was helping!!!
Unread 02-07-2016, 04:19 PM

If love does turn into a commitment, then a battleground can emerge with the loved one. It depends too on other aspects, the synastry and the composite. But it can mean lots of arguments.
Unread 02-07-2016, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
If love does turn into a commitment, then a battleground can emerge with the loved one. It depends too on other aspects, the synastry and the composite. But it can mean lots of arguments.
Thanks for your reply... BTW, is it true that aspects between Venus and Mars bestow attractiveness and beauty on the person ???
Unread 02-07-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farahsunshine View Post
Thanks for your reply... BTW, is it true that aspects between Venus and Mars bestow attractiveness and beauty on the person ???
Quite often Mars/Venus squares are deemed attractive/beautiful/handsome. It is more than just physical beauty though. It is kind of like 'electrical' energy or magnetism, or some kind of sexual energy which is seen by others. Mars square Venus is sexual tension and others may pick up on it and find it very attractive.
Unread 02-07-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
Quite often Mars/Venus squares are deemed attractive/beautiful/handsome. It is more than just physical beauty though. It is kind of like 'electrical' energy or magnetism, or some kind of sexual energy which is seen by others. Mars square Venus is sexual tension and others may pick up on it and find it very attractive.
Thanks for your reply.... And BTW, I heard that this aspect gives more attractiveness/beauty than the trine or sextile. Do you think
iit's true???
Unread 02-07-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farahsunshine View Post
Thanks for your reply.... And BTW, I heard that this aspect gives more attractiveness/beauty than the trine or sextile. Do you think
iit's true???
I think it is a case by case thing. I have seen very attractive people with both aspects, the trine and the square. I think it is just the connection between Mars and Venus, square OR trine, that magnifies the attractiveness.
Unread 02-09-2016, 01:17 AM

Location: hiding under your bed and I'd like some chips, please.

Quote:

LIN
Yup!!!! It's a rough aspect. I'm practically femme fatale about seduction, have a ton of admirers even when I'm not trying, then zero interest after my acquisitive drive has been satisfied (e.g. have managed to get the guy into bed).

The way this plays out in relationships is that guys think they are hitting their fantasy jackpot: a girlfriend who is AWESOMELY into them and having sporty sex with them (Mars in Saggo). But in reality, what I want romantically is soooooo much more sweet and platonic (Venus in Pisces) than what I projected in the initial stages of the relationship. Sex is really of negligible importance to me.

I've learned that I need to be incredibly responsible about this energy, because people will compromise their morals for me. I don't say that to sound arrogant, I'm not even that conventionally attractive, it's just that I realize that I am the problem by giving off this perma-aura of unquenchable desire.

It doesn't mean I'm always unhappy or always bring people unhappiness, but I did do that a LOT until I realized my desire to go out and "conquer" was really at odds with what romantically brought meaning into my life. I never thought of myself as an athlete, but I had to take up boxing, running, climbing, and other typically aggressive pursuits to get out my Mars energy.
Unread 02-21-2016, 03:31 AM

Yeah....for a woman Mars in Sagi seems to clear away a lot of inhibitions....but as you say, just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should do it.
LIN

Unread 02-21-2016, 03:32 AM

Farah,
If you want to know more, it would help if you post your chart....and then we can look at the other planets which are aspecting.
LIN

Tags
mars, square, venus