Does my idea of God hear my prayers

Marinka

First, I'm not a believer and I don't know if that makes any difference to you.

I use whole signs, all planets and the moon tells me events as well as question focus.

The moon is in the 1st indicating a very personal connection to the question. Mercury is on the ascendant which is the ruler of the 1st. Moon would have moved from Mercury which would have been you and will eventually conjunct Mars (11th ruler) and Sun (3rd ruler). These are conjunctions and lend me to believe that yes, your prayers are being heard or will be heard.

The moon recently had a square with Chiron which is the wounded warrior indicating some recent pain as this planet rules the 4th of endings. Maybe something passed out of your life recently. Moon also recently has an inconjunct with Pluto (rules 6th) in the 8th house which might indicate some illness which would require a surgery.

The Moon's last aspect is an inconjunct with Saturn in the 6th house of health (or science). This can indicate a harsh adjustment to some situation. My interpretation on this is that there be no reassurance being sent to you. This also ties the 6th and 8th house together again - 1st time being through Pluto and now through Saturn.

Following one path, it seems that you have had a crisis of both a physical and spiritual nature. While what I see in the chart seems positive that someone is hearing you, it is not positive that this will lead to the path that you expect.

Marinka

It just seems peculiar that something is hearing me but not sending me reassurance. I wonder how that even works. :confused: Is it the same thing as that something not caring and not being interested, or..I don't know. No reassurance can mean so much in this case.

I looked at the chart again wondering if I could provide more information as to why there is no reassurance. I find nothing more that I can elaborate on further.

Osamenor

Staff member
I would take this whole conversation to mean God hears you perfectly well, but you're not hearing God.

And this isn't meant literally at all.

Osamenor

Staff member
Lots of people have lots of ideas about what it means to hear God, and what it means to pray. Quakers sit in silence and speak as the spirit moves them, saying whatever they intuit, and they consider that to be hearing God. Native Americans pray in the twilight before dawn (and at other times, too, but in every tradition I know of, that time of day is best. According to one of my herbalism teachers, who is Choctaw, that's the most powerful time). Sufis and Buddhists chant, medieval monks did the same, Muslims pray five times a day (including that before dawn time) in a way that includes yoga-like exercise. The experience itself becomes not only addressing God, but hearing God, being in the presence of God.

Even the Lord's Prayer was originally a body and chanting prayer. The words in translation sound like just something to recite by rote in a stuffy, staid church service, and that's what they've become, but the words in Aramaic are a chant that opens up the throat chakra, hold many more layers of meaning than any translation, and it was probably done with bodily positions mirroring the words. In the New Testament, Jesus introduces the prayer by saying if you don't know how to pray, pray like this. We then get the words of the prayer, but he wasn't just telling his disciples to say those words, he was demonstrating how to do it physically, and that part is completely lost in writing.

In any case, hearing God may depend on how you pray, and what you do to bring in that experience... and also what kind of experience you would consider to be a response. And there are lots of ways you could go about it.

Osamenor

Staff member
I hope you're right. I'm just in such a stressful rut right now. I really hope you're not just saying that just to give me encouragement, because you said "this whole conversation" not the chart:confused:.

I didn't say the chart because I don't know how to read horary charts. I do know how to read discussion board posts. Marinka said your question was answered yes but you didn't seem to be getting any reassurance. You interpreted that as you're being heard but not sent reassurance. You must not be experiencing reassurance, either, or else you wouldn't have posted this question in the first place.

There's also another possible meaning of the you're not getting any reassurance part of the answer: that having your horary question answered doesn't really reassure you. Naturally, it wouldn't. Communing with God, however you understand God, is a deeply personal experience. The only real reassurance you could get would therefore come from your own personal experience, not anything anyone says to you on the internet.

Plus, I've seen your natal chart, and I know you're a Sag moon. I wouldn't say your moon alone is your spirituality, because the whole chart is spiritual, but I think it might be the strongest link to your sense of spirituality. Sagittarius is all about personal experience, and also indicates religion. You, therefore, are all about personal experience when it comes to religion. Just going by what anyone tells you isn't going to do it for you.

Your horary chart said you're being heard. If you're not getting any reassurance, the most logical reason is that you're not hearing it, not that it isn't being sent.

Marinka

taking many science classes...where I learned to question anything and everything unless there was proof/evidence. So at this point, I guess even if He was sending reassurance, I'm blind to it.

You answered your own question ..... you are blind to it.

The last aspect the Moon makes is the inconjunct to Saturn in the 6th house and this is a house associated with Virgo and science ... in other words, details & proof. The science in you is expecting reassurance in a specific fashion ... it doesn't work that way.

Osamenor brought up very good points and maybe that will provide more light for you.

I was drawn to this question and even though it has religious overtones, it is a good exercise in being procedural and not having the interpreter's opinions infringe on the outcome. Hopefully others will also be drawn in and do an interpretation.

urano

In a very simple way, the Sun (God’s significator I think because the only star in our Solar System) is in the 1st House (your House) in Gemini. Mercury (you) is also in Gemini (and with Whole Sign Houses in the 1st House too). The Sun rules the 3rd Place (communications).
The chart says clearly "yes" (in my opinion) :smile:

Osamenor

Staff member
In case Cold Fusion doesn't see my question to him, can you tell me what in the chart would imply it isn't God that is listening? Certain things I've prayed about I shared with other people, but my horary question was about God...so I don't understand Cold Fusion's response.
I think Cold Fusion is just expressing his own beliefs. I take that response to mean that either Cold Fusion doesn't believe in God, or he believes there's just one true God and anyone else's idea of it can't really be God, so if you're not praying to Cold Fusion's idea of God, it's someone else (ie the devil) who hears your prayers. Given where you're from, I bet you've encountered plenty of people who think like that!

Yeah, Osamenor is pretty great and helpful.
Aw... how sweet of you! :kissing::love: