Saturn Trine Pluto

Rebel Uranian

What does this aspect in a natal chart mean? I know it comes up fairly often (emphasis on fairly) but I really want to know what it means for the individual, especially if either of these planets is strong in the chart. I can't find any in-depth interpretations of this or any Saturn aspects for that matter, even though Saturn is a personal planet, and, unlike generational-generational aspects, no one is quite as fascinated by personal-generational aspects.

Last edited:

*emma*

Banned
ive read that these are generational aspects not to worry about them too much, but if they are on your angles could be more personal, control issues, learning to let go, trust and distrust of the system, that kind of thing

i,d just let it get on with whatever its getting on with and have trust and faith, but i would say that having a sagitarrian moon

i typed somemore and lost it, and cant remember now but
if i had to put a motto here it would be if it aint broke dont fix it, just leave it, just dont worry about it

Last edited:

sageofaquarius

Francis Sakoian and Louis S. Acker in The Astrologer's Handbook (1974, Peter Davies Ltd) include the following observations for Saturn trine Pluto in the natal chart:
"This trine gives the natives the ability to understand the laws by which subtle forces are organized, enabling them to use these laws consciously or unconsciously. It favors those who work in such fields as physics, the occult, magic, astrology, or systems of meditation ...
"The natives have tremendous willpower and are relentless in working toward a goal. Because they combine this trait with organising ability, they have an aptitude for leadership and managerial responsibilities ...
"Often there is a sense of destiny or a peculiar karmic mission which they must fulfil. This is one of the most profound of aspects."
Saturn: A New Look at An Old Devil by Liz Greene (1976, Samuel Weiser Inc) is the classic psychological text on this planet. It includes an analysis of Saturn in the signs, houses and aspects within the natal chart. It's deep stuff and it would be hard to offer any quotation here in relation to Saturn-Pluto which would adequately convey the context of her observations. It might also unsettle you unnecessarily.
I have great respect for the posts you have made on this site and feel Liz Greene's book will give you an invaluable insight into the dark but encouraging encounters to be made in the Saturn-Pluto realm.

Rebel Uranian

It might also unsettle you unnecessarily.

It's a little hard to unsettle me... Or maybe I'm just unsettled all the time so I don't notice it.

I have great respect for the posts you have made on this site and feel Liz Greene's book will give you an invaluable insight into the dark but encouraging encounters to be made in the Saturn-Pluto realm.

I'm not trying to say anything about you here, but I hardly respect the posts I made on this site. I do miscommunicate often, as do all people, but I usually actually catch it and then criticize myself for not being perfect. "I'm always amazed that peole take what I say seriously. I don't even take what I am seriously. "

sageofaquarius

If you're not taking yourself seriously then your mom is doing the right thing, even if it is unsettling you.

You seem to have a good grasp of the basic application of astrology in your life and I respect that.

You intimated that you are neither a miser nor a spendthrift, and Saturn's role in the 2nd is to build value into personal resources. Sounds to me like you have that attribute.

Rebel Uranian

You like Bowie too? I throw in totally unnecessary quotes that only partially mean what I want them to say and more mean who I'm quoting on very rare but still sufficiently present occasions. Afterwards I wonder if I should've done that.

sageofaquarius

Yes, I've always liked David Bowie's work - even The Laughing Gnome. :biggrin:
His music and lyrics nearly always seemed to be slightly ahead of the cultural curve and his early albums (The Man Who Sold The World, Aladdin Sane) certainly influenced public debates surrounding gender politics in the 1970s (Aquarius ascendant). Whatever his quote might say about the rest of us, I think he took the business aspect of his own career seriously enough (Sun in Capricorn).
I expect most of us quote other people's remarks from time to time. They often reflect only partially what we truly feel, but we identify with them and they are often wittier and pithier than anything we might invent ourselves. It's also a way of saying "I identify with this person or that sentiment." Nothing wrong with that, necessarily.

What does this aspect in a natal chart mean? I know it comes up fairly often (emphasis on fairly) but I really want to know what it means for the individual, especially if either of these planets is strong in the chart. I can't find any in-depth interpretations of this or any Saturn aspects for that matter, even though Saturn is a personal planet, and, unlike generational-generational aspects, no one is quite as fascinated by personal-generational aspects.

I have this aspect in my natal chart- Saturn in 11th conjunct Mercury both trine Pluto in the 3rd, Pluto conjunct my Nadir, quintile my ASC. The Mercury addition gives me an acutely conscious awareness of the subtle yet profound energetic interplay of this aspect and these two planets joined through the trine. I should add I have many other Pluto aspects in my chart, so I'm intimately familiar with its energy and ways.

The quote from the Astrologer's Handbook is probably the best brief description of this energy I've come across.

This aspect has always given me an instinctual understanding of the big-picture interplay and structure of just about anything- from philosophy to astrophysics to Wall St, macroeconomics and anything political. For example when I was 14 I had subscriptions to the Wall Street Journal and Fortune magazine and I also picked up Plato's Republic for the first time at that age, followed a year later by Nietzsche and Aristotle. I read them all and understood them all. Needless to say I was extraordinarily bored by school. It has always made me investigate and consider things "from the ground up", from the root causes and sources. It makes the native utterly dismissive of the superficial. It gives a sort of instinctive depth.......

Sakioan is also very accurate about the sense of Destiny that accompanies this aspect between these two. I've always known, literally consciously from age 9 and unconsciously from age 6, that I had "something to do." Of course the path to that certain knowledge has been full of mental-psychological and emotional deaths and rebirths, constant shedding of skins in the relentless pursuit of truth, both of self and the universe as a whole. This process has taken the better part of 35 years. It has required all sorts of sacrifices- money, time, relationships, "fun", etc. but I never hesitated to relinquish whatever it was that had to go........

I would say the difference between the challenging aspects and the trine and sextile is that I haven't had any tremendous burdens placed on me that I simply HAD to accept. That and I haven't had big confrontations with established power structures- yet. Perhaps the trine also made it easier to sacrifice so many things I held dear.......

But the end of this process leaves one feeling completely and utterly in control of one's destiny- all aspects of it, and it leaves one with the feeling of being able to handle any challenge, comprehend any subject and make the most of any opportunity.

Last edited: