Moon İn 8th house

anila31

Hey,

I have it and I think it makes me rather secretive. I am probably hard to figure out for other people. I don't do this intentionally but I just often feel uncomfortable sharing personal things as they seem private to me. Things that probably would't be private for other people and which they could share more freely.

Generally an 8th house moon means that you have strong/deep emotions but they are rather hidden. This is true for me. With this placement, I want to learn to open up, relax more and find construcitve ways to release my intense emotions and not bottle them up too much.

What is your experience?

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Having a 8th moon conjunct sun in Aquarius, I try hard not to be too open with myself around others and I want to learn what makes other people tick. In my natal chart, the Sun and moon square Uranus in 5th, it may explain why I have autism, a neurological disorder to affect behavioral, communicative and social skills. I manage to get along with people in my grocery store job I had for 10 years.

katydid

Anyone who has moon in 8th.How is your experience with moon in 8th?

Much will depend upon the sign your Moon is in and the aspects being made to the Moon.

My 8th house Moon is in Capricorn and conjunct Mars and Chiron. So I am kind of aggressively private. lol

I take my privacy seriously, but I do have close intimate associations with my family and a small circle of life long friends.

My Moon is sextiling my Scorpio Sun in the 6th. So I had many opportunities to meet others during my work and service. And many of those friendships have endured. However I am still a private person in that I don't share everything about myself with everyone.

I am very active and engaged in my grown kids lives and in my husband's busy life. He has a water grand trine and is very social. He has a zillion friends and is always running around here and there. I kiss him goodbye and hello. I am not interested in keeping up with these social interactions anymore. :ninja:

Carmaela26

My moon is in the 8th house next to Uranus and Jupiter. My mother died when I was 16. I am intuitive. I'm private. I have been told I'm difficult to read. Most people assume I'm one way until they get to know me then discover I am not anything like they initially thought. Although my rising and other aspects play a role in that.

My moods can be all over the place thanks to Uranus there. I have a deep thirst for all things occult. I am not afraid of taboo subjects. I like to dig into people's minds and psyches. I love astrology and I think my 8th house has to do with that. The cusp is in Scorpio, my moon is in Sagittarius.

Starr22

My moon is in libra in my 8th house, intercepted, and opposing my mars in aries.
I would definitely consider myself to be extremely secretive. This isnt obvious to anyone, maybe that im closed off, but really most arent aware of what I choose not to show.
I feel like most dont know my authentic self, or how emotional I am, or my past.
I also like to psychoanalyze, im always thinking and wondering about people and how their minds work. Also would consider myself as intuitive

Another thing Is my relationship with my mom, its especially awful and definitely consists of 8th house themes.

Last edited:

Carmaela26

I would definitely consider myself to be extremely secretive. This isnt obvious to anyone, maybe that im closed off, but really most arent aware of what I choose not to show.
I feel like most dont know my authentic self, or how emotional I am, or my past.
I also like to psychoanalyze, im always thinking and wondering about people and how their minds work. Also would consider myself as intuitive

I definitely feel you on this. People think I share stuff but actually they don't really know much about me at all. Actually, I feel pretty lonely that no one really knows the deeper side of me.

katydid

My moon is in libra in my 8th house, intercepted, and opposing my mars in aries.

Another thing Is my relationship with my mom, its especially awful and definitely consists of 8th house themes.

"...extremely secretive. This isnt obvious to anyone, maybe that im closed off, but really most arent aware of what I choose not to show."

This^^^ describes my 8th house Cap moon as well. My Moon conjunct Chiron and Mars. I have some troubling emotional memories and I hold them close, and have many things I have never shared with anyone other than my husband and my long time childhood best friend.

I share many things here because I feel anonymous. I shared some things here that I have almost never spoken about to others, except my husband of 37 years.

"I also like to psychoanalyze, im always thinking and wondering about people and how their minds work. Also would consider myself as intuitive "

Yes, this^^^ too. I love to psychoanalyse people as well. :wink: Astrology gives us the symbolic language to be able to do that effectively.

I am always very interested in True Crimes and mysteries concerning missing people or unsolved murders. It fascinates me how and why someone could do such vicious things . And I love to 'websleuth' these unsolved crimes.

That is probably also from my Sun in Scorpio and my Mercury in Scorpio conjunct the Descendant.

"Another thing Is my relationship with my mom, its especially awful and definitely consists of 8th house themes"

The only thing that doesn't fit my 8th house Moon is my relationship with my Mom. She and I are very close and she is 90 years old. :happy:

She is Pisces with a Scorpio Moon and her Moon is conjunct my Mercury in Scorpio, so we have always communicated very well. She is a very loving, kind soul so I lucked out.

My Moon in Cap doesn't seem to describe a cold hearted Mother---it describes an ambitious , motivated woman who worked hard as a single Mom with 3 young kids, who left a cheating husband and still managed to give her kids a good stable life.

Our relationship did have some 8th house themes....I was sexually abused by my uncle, her younger brother, when I was very young. She had him move in and help with after school childcare while she was at work, after the divorce.

I didnt tell her about it for 30 years...:alien:...As kids, we have such a strange way of viewing things....I knew how hard my Mom was working, trying to get use all settled in, trying to find a good job, fighting for custody, etc....I didnt want to rock the boat....:annoyed:

Last edited: