Sharon Tate

dr. farr

I find the close Contraparallel of Pluto to Mars important here.

Mars is parallel with fixed star Facies (violent death).

By the lens of whole sign houses there is a stellium in 8th house opposing Pluto.

At the day of death this potentially violent mars is set of by progressed ascendant semisquare it.
Neptune in 4th (whole signs) is squaring Mars in the natal chart.
This is set of by solar arcs and transits.
Which may suggest a mysterious violent event (Ma) in the home(Ne 4th).

Very good observations! I shall add that Lilith (crescent on cross Lilith) is contra-parallel the Sun in the natal chart, and the natal Part of Murder (mercury+mars-saturn) falls in the 2nd house @ 26 Leo, its dispositor being the 8th house Sun, in opposition to Pluto (which is also in Leo along with the Part of Murder)

dr. farr

I notice that the Nodal Axis in this chart runs 2nd house/8th house (24:59 Leo/24:59 Aquarius) The Nodal Axis has often been referred to as the "Line of Fate": notice that the Part of Murder is at 26 Leo, within a degree of exact conjunction with the Nodal Axis ("Line of Fate") We see a similar situation with JFK, Jr, whose natal Part of Accidents conjuncts his natal 1st house/7th house Nodal Axis ("Line of Fate") within 2 degrees: JFK, Jr died in a flying accident (the plane he was piloting crashed) Interesting too is the comment Sharon Tate made in July, 1968 (about a year before her murder), to a reporter who had asked her if she ",,,believed in fate"-Sharon replied..."Certainly. My whole life has been decided by fate. I think something more powerful than we are decides our fates for us. I know one thing-I never planned anything that ever happened to me." (cited from Wikipedia biography of Sharon Tate)...

poyi

Premium Member
Well....not sure if anyone had mentioned this, the Lord of the 4th is placed in 8th, while South node (4 degrees to Venus) not close enough to make contact, they do share the same sign. On the day she died, Solar Arc SN conjunct Progressed Venus in 9th along with Part of Fortune. Solar Arc Moon actually partile conjunction with IC. Moon as her ascendant ruler.

Saturn as the ruler of the Aquarius disposed by severely combusted Mercury. Both Saturn and Uranus Rx in 11th a group of people, Saturn is in fact in the 12th sign together with the modern ruler Uranus Rx, so again Modern and Traditional rulers confirming each other.

Although the square between Venus and Uranus is loose in natal, but by progression surely perfected their course. At one stage Uranus due to locate at the very early degree of Aquarius retrograde back and forward between the late degree Taurus and early degree Gemini, should check the fixed stars and their perfected orbs against timing of death, the same with Saturn Rx at once stage very likely to have make perfected orb to natal Venus in 8th house. Uranus on the day of death was not retrograde in Progression, also made effective square to natal POF and Progressed/Natal SN.

Sun and severely combusted Mercury in Rx, in tight opposition to natal Pluto Rx, Sun and Mercury were both located in the 7th house but the 8th sign. The relationship of an open enemy operating to her death 8th, she died with a group of people, Mercury>11th Saturn Uranus in the 12th sign, Sun>2nd also the North node tight conjunction to Chiron.

Since she was murdered when she was pregnant. Solar Arc Vertex made earlier conjunction to natal Mars ruler of the 5th, on the day of death, SA Vertex was at 145 degrees away from the modern ruler Pluto in natal placed in 1st but in 2nd sign which was ruled by natal Sun in 7th house 8th sign. Interestingly also SA Mars and Progressed Mars both in exaltation placed in 7th the operation of this supposed to be good Mars at the house of Open enemy but then the Saturn in both natal, Progression was disposed by the combusted Mercury from natal as it was retrograde in natal, it hardly moved away from the natal position. But it was in direct motion at the time of event. Then again we can see that SA Vertex also in Capricorn place in the 6th house but the 7th sign.

SA Saturn in Cancer Detriment>so Mars in fact was in a very malefic but exalted status, extremely poor on top of the poor condition due natal combusted Mercury. SA Saturn was also at the anti vertex in Placidus 6th/12th axis and 1st/7th axis of whole sign.

astro_246gw_338_sharon_tate_adb_196989.18743.19655.jpg

I think death can surely be seen in the charts, this kind of work can be done. If I would like to truly see the way I will die in the future, that is another question....But surely if I was to analyze my own death, could still come up with something, just the same way we are backward checking her death here. But if I was to die this gruesomely I would rather not to know anything:lol:

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
She was truly a very pretty woman. One of those classical American beauty, youthful, fairy like, stunning and sexy/magnetic.

Exalted Jupiter conjunct Lilith at AC, Moon in Virgo, disposed by Combusted Mercury in the 8th sign, in Air Grand Trine while tightly opposed Pluto in Leo, the significator of Beauty along with the Lunar influence for feminine attractiveness, Venus in Aquarius also placed in 8th house/sign. Mars contra parallel Pluto, Venus parallel Mercury, Sun contra parallel Saturn.

Anyhow, other than many significant indications of her death, the short life alone maybe indicated by the Ruler of the ascendant Moon making partile contact to her IC, died at home, end of her physical life, actually the symbolic Moon at Midnight. SA Moon 135 degrees Sesquisare to natal SN.

dr. farr

Time of Death transits (chart erected for closest estimate of her time of death based on statements by the killers involved describing the timing and sequence of events at the murder house) Date: August 9th, 1969, time 1:10 AM (place Beverly Hills, CA, nearest location to the murder scene in Benedict Canyon)

Transit observations:
-natal Part of Murder squared by transiting Neptune (within 4 minutes of perfection)
-ascending degree of event chart (9 Gemini) within 4 degrees of natal Saturn (rising sign of event chart same as sign on 12th house of the natal chart)
-in the event chart Lilith (crescent on cross Lilith) returns to exact degree it occupied in the natal chart (16 Cancer) (a "Lilith Return")
-transiting Uranus exactly conjunct natal Neptune (1 Libra)
-transiting Jupiter 2 degrees conjunct natal Neptune
-Moon (the anareta planet of the natal chart) out of bounds in the event chart
-Mars (atmakaraka of the natal chart) also out of bounds in the event chart; transiting Mars Parallels natal Mars
(Lilith also out of bound in the event chart, and Parallels the out of bounds Moon in the event chart)
-transiting Neptune Parallels natal Mercury and Venus

dr. farr

Anyhow, other than many significant indications of her death, the short life alone maybe indicated by the Ruler of the ascendant Moon making partile contact to her IC, died at home, end of her physical life, actually the symbolic Moon at Midnight. SA Moon 135 degrees Sesquisare to natal SN.

Moon is dispositor of her natal anareta: so Moon is her anaretic planet ("killing planet") Notice in the event chart that Moon is in near perfect square with Jupiter in that chart (less than 10 minutes of perfection) also that Lilith and the Moon, both out of bounds, are in Parallel in the event chart.

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
I find the close Contraparallel of Pluto to Mars important here.

Mars is parallel with fixed star Facies (violent death).

By the lens of whole sign houses there is a stellium in 8th house opposing Pluto.

At the day of death this potentially violent mars is set of by progressed ascendant semisquare it.
Neptune in 4th (whole signs) is squaring Mars in the natal chart.
This is set of by solar arcs and transits.
Which may suggest a mysterious violent event (Ma) in the home(Ne 4th).

Hmmm, I have Mars parallel to Pluto in natal, Mars directly ruling my 8th house/sign highly strengthen by mutual reception by sextile mercury in Scorpio ruler of AC and MC also trine by moon in Capricorn. However Mars is located in the 1st house/sign commonly known as potential of death caused by self cause such as suicide/some kind of motor accident. The best expression of all these energy is me dealing with other people's death/tragedy at work in daily basis.

poyi

Premium Member
Moon is dispositor of her natal anareta: so Moon is her anaretic planet ("killing planet") Notice in the event chart that Moon is in near perfect square with Jupiter in that chart (less than 10 minutes of perfection) also that Lilith and the Moon, both out of bounds, are in Parallel in the event chart.

Very interesting I may do more research of the Anateric planet.

poyi

Premium Member
Actually just a quick thought, actually I am already making the best and most of my combinations of 1st Mars (8th,3rd)<>3rd Mercury (AC, MC, North node) & <5th Moon (11th) in occult study/research. Hahahahahah :D

poyi

Premium Member
If you put Susan Atkins and Charles Manson their natal charts as synastry to Sharon Tate. You can see as their victim/murderer relationship of these three were overlaying each all. Sharon's 1st house is particular in Charles's 12th house, Sharon's 8th in Susan's 1st, in Charles's 7th.

In particular Charles's religious orientation...Pisces in 9th, Jupiter in Libra/Neptune in Libra (both traditional and outer again confirming each other), angular 4th his deeply solid foundation of life/being...Venus conjuncts Moon in Scorpio their Detriment and Fall trine the 12th house Saturn in Cancer Detriment once again. The operation of the Saturn is in his 6th and 7th house including his 8th in Placidus. North node also at the edge of Cusp between 11th and 12th, ruled by the Moon in Fall. His own self expression, mental logic, reasoning and creative agenda is Sun & Mercury in 5th Sagittarius so going back to his Jupiter in Libra>Venus & Moon in Scorpio.

His publicity, is known as Aries MC, Mars in Leo at AC, Sun>Jupiter/Neptune>9th/5th>Venus (11th/4th) & Moon in Scorpio>12th Saturn in Cancer>6th, 7th, 8th.

Charles: http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Watson,_Charles_%22Tex%22
Susan: http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Atkins,_Susan

greybeard

Murdered (stabbing) by Manson Family, 9 August 1969 while 8 months pregnant. (age 26-1/2+1/2 month).
Actress, wife of Roman Polanski.

Time of death not stated, but one of the victims chatted with the custodian about 2330, on the 8th. Therefore it was later than this that the murders occurred. Later, I found an account that says the killers arrived at the property “shortly after midnight,” so my speculation of 1 a.m. is close...probably the murder took place between 1 a.m. and 2 a.m. Sharon Tate was the last of the five victims to be killed.

The death – by stabbing, which is beyond question ruled by Mars – must be shown in the natal chart. The timing of death may be seen in a derived chart, but the manner of death (and its early occurrence) must be seen in the natal chart. That is the fundamental premise of the study.

This is a study: I make no pronouncements, but am attempting to “see” this murder in the radix. I do not at this moment see it. This is a venture in learning. The study is directed toward finding the death in the natal chart.

I work with the 10 planets, the lunar nodes, Placidus cusps, the Ptolemaic aspects plus 8th-harmonic aspects, the quintile aspects, the quincunx and nothing more. I do not use asteroids, Arabic lots or other symbols that may be suited to detailed analyses, but are not – in my opinion, or from my perspective – fundamental symbols. I must find the death with these symbols and nothing more.

You cannot learn to delineate a horoscope from books. The only way to learn to “read” a chart is through study of actual lives lived and the charts that determine the destiny. The statements that I will make here are tentative, speculative; they are not pronouncements of “astrological fact.” Not yet. So if you are a student of astrology as I am, you are invited to follow my mind as it explores this chart in search of the indications of this tragic death.

Sharon Tate’s fame stems from her vicious murder. The MC (10th House) should be involved; Mars is lord of the MC. Both manner of death and “fame, honor” are ruled by the same planet. He is in the penultimate degree of Sagittarius, in his own term, in the 6th House (said to be his joy). He is also out of bounds, southerly. His triplicity ruler is Sun (Diurnal chart, Fire sign.) Jupiter is lord of the domicile and is closely conjunct (3°) the Ascendant (life itself, the vehicle or body). Mars beholds two aspects: a wide applying sextile with Venus in the 8th House of death (8°) and in the term of Mars, and a cross-sign applying quincunx (2°) to Uranus – who is conjunct Saturn in Mercury-ruled Gemini and has affinity with the Aquarius 8th cusp. Mars is also in 8th harmonic aspect to the 5th/11th cusps. Tate was killed along with four friends and her unborn child; the 5th is ruled by Mars.

Please don’t discount the wide sextile (Venus-Mars) yet. We are testing ideas rather than applying rigid dogma out-of-hand. Let’s see if this wide sextile describes the death, or contributes to our understanding of the chart. I begin with a 10-degree orb for all Ptolemaic aspects and give three degrees to the minor aspects tentatively and look to see if they signify. Experience has taught me to not ignore wider aspects. Wide aspects between planets which otherwise are enhanced in power (angularity, dispositorship, etc.) can correspond to important critical events in the life, often formative of character.

Ah, but wait. Venus is distant from Mars by 52°03’, a septile aspect [51°26’...an orb of 37’ or “within degree”]. Venus and Mars are conjoined in this aspect of “fatality”. And Venus is in the 8th House from which she rules the 4th, the final outcome, the end of the matter. Aquarius is a violent sign and can signify sudden and unexpected events. As mentioned, Mars rules the MC and is in the next-to-last degree of the sign he is in, an area of turbulence, chaotic conditions, upset and unexpected outcomes, or, in horary astrology an exhaustion of potential that may result in a situation running its course to a more or less inescapable conclusion, now beyond the control of the querent (or native). I don’t normally use the septile; perhaps I should reconsider my position. This aspect seems to fit the case at hand in many of its details, and the conditioning of the involved planets is appropriate to the event. Very well, even though I said at the outset that I don’t use minor aspects, I must allow the septile as significant in the murder because the aspect’s symbolism of fatality (fate), a narrowed channeling of action with a near-inevitable conclusion (once you’re in a situation there seems to be no way out), and a star-crossed career seems a good dynamic with which to describe the course of events.

Remember, this is a post-mortem. We are performing an autopsy on an astrological cadaver. We are looking for the cause of death. The body is composed of astrological symbols. Our conclusions will be drawn from the combination of astrological symbols most importantly, as well as the indications given by the planets singly. We will follow the age-old and well-established rules of traditional astrology in order to discipline our thought and insure a thorough examination of the chart prior to judgment.

Moon is lord of the horoscope and is significator of life. She is in a mutually applying sextile (6°) with the retrograde and exalted Jupiter at the Ascendant – whom she disposes —, beholds a separating waxing square to lord of the 8th Saturn (7°) and is biquintile Sun (separating 2°25’). She is peregrine and cadent, although in her joy. She is slow in motion, full and now approaching her waning gibbous phase. This Moon is not very strong and her dispositor is in serious trouble.

Now Mercury and Sun come to our attention. These planets are angular in early Fixed Air (Sun’s detriment) within 13 degrees of the horizon. The Seventh House is a house of death. It is so considered by the Hindu tradition and by Morin in the west. It is where the Sun sets, the light goes out. It is a house of war and open enmity or aggression. Mercury is severely debilitated by an infernal combustion (he has barely left cazimi as he retreats from the Sun) and retrogradation. He rules the Twelfth House as well as the weak Moon. To add insult to injury, Mercury along with Sun is attacked by a mutually applying opposition (1°04’) by Sun to Pluto, in the Suns’ domicile. Pluto is posited in the First House, the body, our vehicle of manifestation. Pluto is alone in the First House, is within 15° of the Ascendant; he surely has power in affairs of the First House.

And we see another important feature of this chart: Sun/Mars=Jupiter. Jupiter, with his 3-degree conjunction and exalted status has dominion over the Ascendant. He is retrograde and his beneficence may be withdrawn, his protection diminished. Besides which he is anareta. And we have already seen that Sun, Mercury and Mars carry some sinister implications.

Now here we find a midpoint formation pointing toward the anaretic planet plus the Ascendant (implicated because of conjunction and dignity of the conjunct planet.) This gives us a principle to apply to other charts in the future.

These three features – the septile, the angular opposition, and the midpoint formation – are sufficient. There are other things I have noticed as contributing factors, but the three are sufficient. The disposition of Mars by Jupiter is significant.

We are satisfied that we have found this murder, in the natal chart, in retrospect. Now we need to look for some indications as to the timing of the event. Let’s turn to secondary progressions and see what they offer us. We see that Mercury has regressed from Sun since birth, then at age 11 reached his station and turned direct. He carries with him (for life) the imprint of the opposition to Pluto, his severe combustion, and the participation in the midpoint formation pointing to Jupiter, the anaretic planet, at the Ascendant. By secondary progression he has now reached the Sun’s natal position (almost exactly in the heart of the Sun and almost exactly the same declination – he is utterly consumed, re-activating the opposition/midpoint configurations. And Mars, the de facto killer, now opposes Jupiter within degree and is contraparallel Jupiter as well. [I’m using the progressed chart for 26th birthday here, not moved up to date of death.] At time of death Moon has progressed to quincunx Sun-Mercury and is at the end of her first progressed cycle. The Sun has just recently changed signs in the 8th House.

Last edited:

ashriia

Remember, this is a post-mortem. We are performing an autopsy on an astrological cadaver. We are looking for the cause of death. The body is composed of astrological symbols. Our conclusions will be drawn from the combination of astrological symbols most importantly, as well as the indications given by the planets singly.

:love: !! so well crafted.

rahu

Banned
this a bit of non astrological coincidence about that time.
the manson gang had murdered mr and mrs la bianca a few days before sharon tate. by a strange coincidence the la bianca's had dinner with Robert F Kennedy the night previous the manson murdered them. the la bianca murders were said to be coincidental.

rahu

dr. farr

Let's look at Sharon Tate's 26th (and final) year of life, as would be seen from one using Pauline profection and simple symbolic directions (similar to-but not exactly the same as-Solar Arc directions)

+By Pauline profection her ascendant had profected into her natal 2 house in her 26th year (beginning January 24th, 1969): her natal Part of Murder is here in this house (26 Leo), and note that the lord of her profection year, the Sun, is also dipositor of her natal Part of Murder and is, natally, in opposition to natal Pluto, Pluto also being here in her 2nd house and thus activated-as also the Part of Murder-by profection of her ascendant into this house/sign in her 26th year.
+Monthly profection (within the profection year) is done by counting the profection house as the first 30 day period, and counting each subsequent house to it as subsequent months of the profection year: so, January 24-February 24 1969 is the first month of the profection year, February 24-March 24 1969 the second month of the profection year, etc etc; the 7th month of her profection year, July 24-August 24 1969, falls in her natal 8th house, its lord is Saturn (co-domicile Uranus), and posits the lord of her profection year and dispositor of her natal Part of Murder, the Sun: therefore, of all the months of the profection year, this 7th profection month would be the most potentially "dangerous" for her, and indeed it turned out to be so, since she was murdered during this 7th profection month (August 9 1969) of her profection year...

Now, taking a look at the directions, to see if these supported the rather ominous potentials shown in the profection year:
-in her 26th year (and we'd look at the start of it, ie at the time of her 26th birthday, the directional indications being valid for the entire forthcoming year of life)
a) natal Saturn had directed to 1 Cancer, in partile square to her natal, 4th house Neptune
b) natal Uranus had directed to 26 Gemini, in partile aspect to the natal Part of Murder (26 Leo)
c) natal Neptune had directed to 27 Libra, within 1 degree of perfect aspect to the natal Part of Murder
Now, the directional aspects of Uranus and Neptune to the natal Part of Murder are both sextiles-HOWEVER, when it comes to Parts such as Murder, ANY DIRECTIONAL CONJUNCTION OR ASPECT ACTIVATION IS ALWAYS A DISRUPTIVE FACTOR (there are no "good" aspects when it comes to planetary activation of Parts such as Murder, Accident, Suicide, Violence, and other similar Parts)
d natal Sun (dispositor of the Part of Murder, and Lord of her profection year) directs to 0 Pisces, in exact square to natal (12th house) Uranus

Considering these directions, and especially the directions of Uranus and Neptune to the natal Part of Murder, plus its dispositor, the Sun, directing to exact square to natal 12th house Uranus, certainly a red flag of potential danger to her life is raised.
Combining these directional indications with the analysis of the Pauline profection we would clearly see that the potential for murder was definite in her 26th year, that the potentials existed especially from Uranian and Neptunian affinities (these types of minds, person, circumstances, etc), and that the 7th month of her 26th year (as indicated in the profection analysis) would be the time when potential danger from these sources (Uranian/Neptunian) as possibly threatening her life, would be the most acute (therefore this 7th profection month would be a "critical period" when her safety woud be most in jeopardy)...unfortunately no one was there to forewarn her to be on special alert regarding her safety, and to take special measures to avoid Uranian and Neptunian affinities, people, circumstances, in her 26th year (and most particularly in the July 24 through August 24 period of that year), and so, she was murdered in the 7th profection month of her 26th year of life...

Last edited:

Shanti

Hmmm, I have Mars parallel to Pluto in natal, Mars directly ruling my 8th house/sign highly strengthen by mutual reception by sextile mercury in Scorpio ruler of AC and MC also trine by moon in Capricorn. However Mars is located in the 1st house/sign commonly known as potential of death caused by self cause such as suicide/some kind of motor accident. The best expression of all these energy is me dealing with other people's death/tragedy at work in daily basis.

Seems like a good outlet for this mars/pluto energy.

Sharon Tate had her Mars contraparallel Pluto both OOB (Out of bonds).
I wonder about how to delianeate this. But it maybe is reflecting some the sheer abnormity of the horrible deed ?

dr. farr

I wonder about how to delianeate this. But it maybe is reflecting some the sheer abnormity of the horrible deed ?

I think this is a definite possibility; notice in the event chart (time of murder chart) Mars, Moon and Lilith are all out of bounds.

poyi

Premium Member
Sorry guys, I didn't realize I attached a wrong attachment of the previous Sharon's natal, progression, Solar Arc. I changed to the right chart in my previous post and attaching it here again.

astro_246gw_338_sharon_tate_adb_196989.18743.19655.jpg

Seems like a good outlet for this mars/pluto energy.

Even working as nurse and studying occult help to express these energy more positively. Still have to deal with so much abuses at work both mentally and physical people don't realize.

Mars and Pluto, blood, cuts, bruises, lacerations, tearing, ripping, stabbing, knife, sharp, incision, ruthless, aggressive, animal behaviors, screaming, shouting, yelling, demeaning, destructive words. OOB these became extreme, extraordinary events and in out of the norm scale.

In the usual day, Mars and Pluto give out sexual energy, sexual practice, magnetism, in her case 6th Mars/1st 2nd sign Pluto Rx rules her 5th house & MC, she also died during later stage of pregnancy. Mars quincunx Uranus 8th/SN/POF house modern ruler while Pluto opposes Sun of his own ruler also the ruler of the 2nd house/sign NN/Chiron, these also under Saturn/Uranus rulership. The contra parallel relationship between Mars, Pluto perhaps combined the extremely disturbing mix. I recall 8th and 2nd house can be used to look at longevity.

greybeard

The Solar Return for 1969

I have set the solar return for 1969 for Los Angeles. Uranus and Jupiter are conjunct the Ascendant, and Uranus is partile conjunct the South Node...within degree of the Ascendant. Jupiter’s presence there is ominous (only if you understand his role in the natal chart.) Pluto stands nearby in the 12th and opposes exalted Venus in the 6th. Venus rules both SR Asc and 8th cusp; Venus and Jupiter are in mutual reception.

Mars disposes 7 of the 10 planets (Venus, Jupiter and Uranus excluded), rules the 2nd and 7th, and is posited in his domicile in the 2nd. He stands exactly on the secondary progressed IC, which he rules. He is in a mutually applying and partile square with Mercury in the 5th. We note the severe affliction of natal Mercury (and the fact that he has returned to reactivate the natal opposition to Pluto and the midpoint formation pointed at Jupiter – while actually within the natal Sun [by longitude and declination] during his progression.) Disposed by Mars, Moon – mistress of the natal horoscope – is closely conjunct Saturn in his fall in the 7th. [Moon is exactly square the natal horizon.] Uranus is extremely powerful (accidentally) in the SR chart because of his exact conjunction with the Ascendant, South Node and Jupiter. Saturn and Uranus can be taken as co-rulers of the natal 8th due to their close conjunction in the natal chart. Uranus very closely trines (to degree) the Sun, and disposes him, along with Mercury. Uranus and Pluto are on antiscions, thus mutually reinforcing each other with the implication of hidden, shadowy things (Pluto in the 12th adds to this implication and suggests powerful hidden enemies for this year. He attacks the lord of the year, Venus; she applies to the opposition and has no way to avoid the confrontation.)

As a sidelight to this study, SR Sun closely approaches the 5th cusp. At about the time of the return, Sharon Tate found out that she was pregnant; it is during the time ruled by this revolution that pregnancy becomes the central focus of this young woman’s life. Aquarius, on the cusp of 5th, is a barren or moderately barren sign.

This solar return is more than eloquent in its proclamation; it fairly screams “bloody murder!” What is necessary is that the astrologer recognize the potential in the natal chart, first and foremost. What will come to pass in the life must be shown in the natal figure.

What we see in this revolution is a return to the stage by all the principal players in the natal chart. Morin tells us that in solar returns, those charts are strongest (indicate highly significant years) in which the natal house structure is repeated, that is charts in which the natal Ascendant reappears as the Ascendant of the revolution. Here, we find Jupiter has returned to a relationship with the Ascendant very similar to the one he held in the birth chart and his reappearance performs the same function. In this return both Lights are under severe attack – and by the co-rulers (both of them) of the natal 8th. The lord of this return is Venus, who inhabits the 8th natally and rules that house in the return (as well as the Ascendant.) And she is unable to escape a 12th house Pluto [unknown enemies, assassins, ambush], who was a villain in the natal chart. Mars and Mercury, the other two principal actors in the natal chart (in regard to Tate’s death) are also featured here, and very powerfully.

Dr. Farr’s excellent analysis of the Pauline profections and symbolic directions has given us one point of view. The solar return offers another. I also gave a brief look at the secondary progressions. All of these perspectives, or methods, point to the same tragic ending. All are unequivocal.

My thanks to Savanna for bringing this most interesting and illuminating life to our attention.

Addendum: I use chart pattern and structure extensively. Most astrologers don't, so I won't go into detail. But it happens that Pluto is given high focus in this annual chart. And he is going to ambush Venus, lord of the horoscope for this year and resident of the natal 8th.

Attachments

• astro_w2at_26_sharon_tate__sr_1969_hp.34009.24946.gif
    astro_w2at_26_sharon_tate__sr_1969_hp.34009.24946.gif
    54.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

dr. farr

I was going to present the 1969 SR, but Greybeard has done it excellently: what I use is a combination of Pauline profection+symbolic directions+Solar Return, all referenced back to the natal potentials: this combination simply cannot be surpassed for predictive accuaracy, when focusing in on the likely developments for a specific time period during a person's life.

greybeard

Great combination of predictive tools. Use of this combination gives perspectives on "the future" from three different bases. Profections, directions and returns are each built on distinct foundations. I certainly agree with Dr. Farr (Good ol' Fixed-Star Farr) that this combination gets the job done.

Last edited: