Is it really rare to have so many planets exalted/at home in one's birth chart?

dr. farr

In Vedic astrology (which only recognizes domicile, exaltation and fall), a planet in exaltation does not automatically mean a benefic influence, nor does a planet in fall automatically mean a malefic influence: they consider that exaltation or fall accentuates or diminishes the overall dignified (benefic) or detrimented (malefic) state of the particular planet: for example, say that Venus is overall detrimented (= a functional malefic) in a given chart, and that this detrimented (malefic) Venus is posited in its exaltation sign of Pisces: they would consider that the - influences of this functionally malefic (detrimented) Venus would be amplified (made worse) by its being in its sign of exaltation. Conversely, say this same detrimented (functionally malefic) Venus were in its fall sign of Virgo: they would consider that the malefic influences of Venus would be lessened (mitigated, made less intense or significant) because Venus were in its sign of fall.
...interesting concept (I don't know if I accept it or not, and I tend to follow the exalted = improved/benefically enhanced fall = afflicted/detriment enhanced line of thinking, however the Vedic take on this issue of exaltation and fall, merits a good deal of consideration and testing in actual practice)

dr. farr

so what Vedic states (or teaches us), is that even if a planet is exalted the negative aspects to that planet are amplified too?

No: they* believe that first you determine whether or not the planet is dignified (made into a functional benefic) or detrimented (made into a functional malefic), coming to this determination either by shadbala or grahabala or avastha or ashtakavarga analysis (or a mixture of these) THEN, the influence of that planet AS a functional benefic or as a functional malefic would be AMPLIFIED (either way) if it were in its exaltation sign, and conversely the influence of that planet AS a functional benefic or as a functional malefic would be DIMINISHED (either way) if it were in its sign of fall.

*"they" meaning mainstream Parasara jyotisha, and pretty much Jaimini and Nadi jyotisha as well.