what aspects point to liking older partners?

I have Saturn in Aquarius in my 5th house and Sun, Venus, Mars in Capricorn.

I prefer experienced men with stable jobs.
Maturity is important to me but not as much as security.

It DOES NOT necessarily mean that I'm ONLY attracted to older men.

They're okay, more like a "father" to me, but never liked men 10 years older! Besides, too mature a partner could make you look immature. Other than that, age gap could be problematic in the long run.

girlcat

I always wondered this as two significant relationships in my life were both 15 years older than me...both problematic and unstable.

I had a reading done a while back and was told that mars which rules my descendant, which sits in leo illuminated by the sun, so the sun is a co-ruler of my 7th. the midpoint of saturn & my venus/mars conjunction sit directly on my virgo sun! kind of obscure but a very potent influence.

He then went on to explain that while gravitating toward someone to fulfill the sun symbolism it can be very easy to fall into unhealthy father figure relationships, so I need to make sure to choose "marsy" individuals...equals is basically what he was emphasizing. my sun is heavily afflicted while my mars/venus has harmonious aspects.

So midpoints are very revealing as I'm sure many of you know :)

Claire19

this is a very interesting question.i'm looking forward to read the answers from those who know,as i'm a beginner and can't give a correct answer.......it definitely has something to do with saturn and its aspects,isn't it? :)
Older partners Venus with Saturn especially connected to the 7th house.

Claire19

I always wondered this as two significant relationships in my life were both 15 years older than me...both problematic and unstable.

I had a reading done a while back and was told that mars which rules my descendant, which sits in leo illuminated by the sun, so the sun is a co-ruler of my 7th. the midpoint of saturn & my venus/mars conjunction sit directly on my virgo sun! kind of obscure but a very potent influence.

He then went on to explain that while gravitating toward someone to fulfill the sun symbolism it can be very easy to fall into unhealthy father figure relationships, so I need to make sure to choose "marsy" individuals...equals is basically what he was emphasizing. my sun is heavily afflicted while my mars/venus has harmonious aspects.

So midpoints are very revealing as I'm sure many of you know :)
No co rulers of houses. Only one. If you have Aries on the descendant then that sort of partner you would attract. Depends on what aspects Mars makes and where. You need to post your chart.

Uranus means unstable conditions and that may be in the mix. The sun in our charts show how we perceive our fathers and who we are attracted to along with our Mars. The 7th house of partners is one of equality and balance. If you had long term older partners then Saturn is also a strong influence. It is the planet of authority, bosses, parental figure and is karmic in nature, as it comes from the past.

girlcat

my bad,
my descendant is in aries, mars rules aries
the exaltation ruler is the sun
the sun rules all fire signs during the daytime, putting those two together he concluded the primary rulership for my 7th house is the sun.

Claire19

well maybe that famous venus/saturn aspect? i have sextile and i`m really attracted to those older than me..also maybe 7th house ruler`s aspects to saturn or somehow 10th house involvment with realtionship planets? not sure about these, but my venus/saturn really manifests that way..
anyway i think saturn has something to do in such kind of attractions...
You are right but 10th house would be involvement with your boss or other authority figure. Venus sextile Saturn is easier and you may like the idea of an older more stable partner who can parent you in some ways. This may be unconscious.

Claire19

my bad,
my descendant is in aries, mars rules aries
the exaltation ruler is the sun
the sun rules all fire signs during the daytime, putting those two together he concluded the primary rulership for my 7th house is the sun.
I dont agree, sorry. Mars is the ruler. THe Sun rules Leo, night or day.

Claire19

no one ever mentons jupiter in these instances.
how many students fall in love with teachers? especially in college.
my great grandmother, summoned by my mother....
the reason guys like older women?
they don't yell, they don't swell and their as fun as hell.
seriously ~ no decent, growth producing relationship occurs with more than a 10 year age difference. anything past that gap automatically elicits needs of an eternal childhood or sex rules out over relationship content.
teach me everything you know....
Some guys do like older women and then they are as grateful as hell as well. Not that I believe that urban myth.. :biggrin: They can yell with the best of them. As for not swelling, what about the menopausal stomach fat. :biggrin:

Men with Moon Venus connected to Saturn may like the older woman and it is a mother thing, even if unconscious. Sometimes they feel inferior and think that an older woman will accept them as they cant attract the younger.

I met a guy with whom my Saturn is conjunct his Venus in Leo exact.
I am much much older than he but he does not care. I do.

girlcat

I dont agree, sorry. Mars is the ruler. THe Sun rules Leo, night or day.

Yeah that's what I always thought too but that was his opinion and he is one of the most respected astrologers today. So I'm definitely not going to dismiss it.
In any case the reason I brought it up was just to point toward the fact that my sun sits on my Saturn & Venus/mars midpoint and my attraction toward older gents

CapAquaPis

My natal Venus in the 10th ruled by youthful Aries conjuncts Ceres and the Solar-Lunar conjunction in Aquarius, plus the Cancer ascendant might bring me a few friends as women & rare love interests being 3-9 years older (I'm 32 and male) and there's Neptune in Sagittarius-the 6th trines Uranus in Scorpio-my 5th, also trines the 8th house of love, romance and sexiness.

The planetary cluster of Mars-Jupiter-Saturn-Lilith in my 3rd Virgo are generationally symbolic for someone interested in the past, for men like myself wouldn't mind a woman older than he, and the True Node in 29 Leo with the Venusian Libran 7th over the Saturnian Capricorn descendant with the Sun/Moon of Aquarius near-opposite Virgo trine Pluto in Libra.

I guess an Uranus in Scorpio component makes me attracted to confident independent women who are mature but have a heart of gold wants to have regular casual fun with a young man not to make her feel good: I'm simply want to be with a woman I'm comfortable with, regardless of age. Heck, my best friends are a 48-year old woman & her 22-year old daughter as well with my mother abit over 60.

Mmmm I have venus in my 7th house trine Saturn in my second house and I could be attracted to an older man, but I am also attracted to younger men. I think that, I would prefer someone who is more stable at least. I wouldn't go for much older ... maybe 6 years or so older but ... not much more. So idk.

poyi

Premium Member
I heard one way of finding who you like for woman, is by looking at the aspect of Mars and Sun. My Virgo Mars conjunct Libra Venus and Mars exalts in 5th Capricorn Moon with sextile, Scorpio Mercury exalted in Virgo Mars and then both Mars and Moon sextile back Mercury. Sun conjunct Saturn and Mercury. So my combinations are Mars Virgo, Moon Capricorn, Scorpio Mercury/Sun/Saturn.

I never find young or similar age men attractive. I don't even find talking to them interesting to me. I actually like men that are a lot older, psychologically lack of father figure must be...I do fancy men that are intelligent, good with complex things, scientist mind liked, serious and matured but then also having good sense of humour that are all Mercury, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn, Saturn kind of qualities.

I can't stand young and immature men. I want to slap them!

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
no one ever mentons jupiter in these instances.
how many students fall in love with teachers? especially in college.
my great grandmother, summoned by my mother....
the reason guys like older women?
they don't yell, they don't swell and their as fun as hell.
seriously ~ no decent, growth producing relationship occurs with more than a 10 year age difference. anything past that gap automatically elicits needs of an eternal childhood or sex rules out over relationship content.
teach me everything you know....

Hmmmm Jupiter rules my 7th house, Jupiter in his own sign and conjunct IC at 4th square and opposite all axises...I do like teacher!!!

byjove

Account Closed
I heard one way of finding who you like for woman, is by looking at the aspect of Mars and Sun. My Virgo Mars conjunct Libra Venus and Mars exalts in 5th Capricorn Moon with sextile, Scorpio Mercury exalted in Virgo Mars and then both Mars and Moon sextile back Mercury. Sun conjunct Saturn and Mercury. So my combinations are Mars Virgo, Moon Capricorn, Scorpio Mercury/Sun/Saturn.

I never find young or similar age men attractive. I don't even find talking to them interesting to me. I actually like men that are a lot older, psychologically lack of father figure must be...I do fancy men that are intelligent, good with complex things, scientist mind liked, serious and matured but then also having good sense of humour that are all Mercury, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn, Saturn kind of qualities.

I can't stand young and immature men. I want to slap them!

I think we have a lot in common on that one lol :whistling: I think when I was younger I was more open to younger men but as I've gotten older I dislike immaturity so much. Slightly older, focussed guys are what I say 'ready to go' or 'ready for relationships/life'. :happy:

7th sign Capricorn, Mars in 11th Gemini/ Sun in 10th Aries, Sun trine Saturn

poyi

Premium Member
I think we have a lot in common on that one lol :whistling: I think when I was younger I was more open to younger men but as I've gotten older I dislike immaturity so much. Slightly older, focussed guys are what I say 'ready to go' or 'ready for relationships/life'. :happy:

7th sign Capricorn, Mars in 11th Gemini/ Sun in 10th Aries, Sun trine Saturn

I think that is why older men always have their own MARKET.

Unfortunately, older women have smaller market and younger men just have to get mature/older to become popular! This is a big misfortune for women in general. We have relatively short time frame to HUNT! LOL:biggrin:

Judy_AzVirgo

I have NO aspects involving Saturn, and he rules my 3rd house, so is not really involved in the romance thing. With Saturn peregrine, I've often been involved with men who were much older, including my first husband who was 24 years older (believe it or not, the very closest aspect between us was my Saturn trine his Capricorn Sun). Also with younger men (as much as 12 years junior). My second husband is only 4 years older, so maybe I've balanced it out? Whatever. Anyway, I'd look very closely at the chart(s) as a whole, not just certain aspects, to determine this kind of attraction.

And, BTW, an older partner can teach you a lot!

poyi

Premium Member
I have NO aspects involving Saturn, and he rules my 3rd house, so is not really involved in the romance thing. With Saturn peregrine, I've often been involved with men who were much older, including my first husband who was 24 years older (believe it or not, the very closest aspect between us was my Saturn trine his Capricorn Sun). Also with younger men (as much as 12 years junior). My second husband is only 4 years older, so maybe I've balanced it out? Whatever. Anyway, I'd look very closely at the chart(s) as a whole, not just certain aspects, to determine this kind of attraction.

And, BTW, an older partner can teach you a lot!

Hm Judy, I am very curious. I always do!

Do you have Capricorn sign in any of your person planet??
Saturn has no conjunction to anything?
What about the traditional rulership of Saturn over Aquarius?
Any Uranus aspecting or ruling particular area, because Uranus often does unconventional things, older or younger.
Possible aspect from Saturn or Uranus toward descendant, 5th or 7th house?
Where is your Part of Fortune?

:tongue: hehehe lot of questions like a kindergarten student.

Judy_AzVirgo

Hm Judy, I am very curious. I always do!

Do you have Capricorn sign in any of your person planet??
Saturn has no conjunction to anything?
What about the traditional rulership of Saturn over Aquarius?
Any Uranus aspecting or ruling particular area, because Uranus often does unconventional things, older or younger.
Possible aspect from Saturn or Uranus toward descendant, 5th or 7th house?
Where is your Part of Fortune?

You think it's unconventional and "Uranian" to love/marry someone who is considerably older or younger? I don't -- especially in this day and age. So I'm not sure if my preference for older/younger men has much to do with Uranus. Except that maybe the influence of Uranus has made me broad-minded enough to have these relationships. I realize it's not everyone's cup of tea; for some reason, "the boy next door" (person of same age, same background) still seems to work for some people. And actually my second husband is close to that.

Personally, I think the older/younger thing does resonate to a Saturn that has very little contact with the rest of my chart, making zero major aspects. (Its only aspect is a quintile to Uranus, so yes, there's a slight connection between Saturn & Uranus. Saturn is 30 degrees from my MC, but makes no aspect to my Ascendant/Descendant.)

For the record, no planets in Capricorn; Part of Fortune in Gemini... I don't think POF has anything to do with one's lover, anyway.

Uranus is well toggled for me. It's the only planet that aspects both my Sun and Moon ... and it also aspects my Ascendant (by trine) and Descendant (by sextile). Aquarius rules my 4th; Uranus is at my 9th cusp.

Uranus really doesn't do any of the things I would normally associate with a person's predilections in love: it makes no aspect to Venus, no rulership connection to my 7th (ruled by Venus), nor to my 5th (by aspect or rulership connection). I think if there were strong ties of this nature, Uranus would make it hard for me to settle into a committed relationship -- and I've never had that problem.

So at this point, I'll stand by Saturn's need for connection, maybe with a little boost of Uranian broad-mindedness.

Also, IMO, there are some considerations in love that have little to do with one's natal chart. As Pascal wrote, "the heart has reasons that reason cannot know."

poyi

Premium Member
Thank you Judy for your feedback:)

I asked about Part of Fortune due to pervious experiences of my ex's Sun and Venus both conjunct my POF but the ruler of that cusp was opposite to the house of POF. According to dr farr's the opposite house is the misfortune house which happens to be my 5th house and Capricorn sign so I don't have much romantic relationships due to the natural of restriction and delayed from the ruler Saturn. And that ex he did bring me fortune and other big misfortune both in quiet unusual scale. So want to ask around to see if that happened to other people.

POF is the most fortunate point in the chart and the cusp sign represents what kinds of things that fulfills us and feel fortune and rich emotionslly or materially in some sense.

With Uranus aspects of course it gives you open minds regarding relationship that is the opposite of Saturn but because of no restriction, no rules, you can accept a large range of people, including all ages and also any kind of backgrounds. Uranus tells us to follow our individuality and don't care about rules and other people's expectation as much. Sun, Jupiter, Saturn and Mars are male representation in a woman's chart those aspects will tell us about how a female feels/think what a Man should be like. Back to the psychology of Father figure's influences from childhood. If we uses those planets to understand about one's father then in a sense it also represent the image of a man that will potential give us the familiar feeling, the sense of security that we once had experienced as child about the original man, the first man that we ever known.

There is a rumour about woman often looks for the man that is similar to her own father. Especially if the father-daughter relationship was really good. Psychologically we would be likely to look for the same type again because the good father gave us the original feeling of Home.

Same psychological patterns apply to men and that is why Moon represents all type of female that is close to the man's heart including his own mother, wife and daughter the original famine's energy. Subconsciousnessly, mother taught the man, this is what a woman should be like. But then when the relationship was very bad, then we may look for the opposite types so we can reach our balance point to find someone that we long for but never had as a child.

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
But then there is other possibility. We might totally unable to figure what kind of man or woman we really want to build a family with because we didn't have clear understandings about the roles of man and woman from our parents. Then we may need to take a bit of time to gain our own understanding how to be a man and how to be a woman and or to interact with the opposite sex a couple/a unit together and how to form a family together in harmony. I don't mean that woman always need to take nurturing and housekeeper roles man can take that role if he is willing to but that is depending on how his own parents interact in his original family unit.

But unfortunately, the traditional meanings of Sun and Moon perhaps in nature that is what Sun and Moon were used to teach us the role of man and woman the Light and the Moon should reflect this light...very fixed idea but it seem to symbolise the original meanings of man and woman. The unity of Yin and Yang together create life and that is how life is formed in nature...Of course love at time breaks the laws of Yin and Yang. And even then people prefer same sex in Chinese occults that is a obvious reason because that person must seek what he lacks in order to be happy and feel completed that is to do with the principles of the balancing act of 5 elements.

Last edited: