Sirius conjunct Ascendant

Slytherin88

I have a Cancer Ascendant at 13 degrees and according to the astro.com ,I have a Sirius conjunction Ascendant. I've heard that if you have a planet or star conjunct your Ascendant ,then you have the traits of that planet or star. I've also heard that having this aspect means that you are going to have fame and fortune in life. Beside all of these, do you know anything else about this conjunction? Or what Sirius represents? Thank you.

JUPITERASC

I have a Cancer Ascendant at 13 degrees
and according to the astro.com ,I have a Sirius conjunction Ascendant.

I've heard that if you have a planet or star conjunct your Ascendant ,
then you have the traits of that planet or star.
Ascendant degree changes to next degree every four minutes
therefore time of birth requires complete reliability
IF there are potential conjunctions to the ascendant :smile:

conjunction by DECLINATION as well as longitude is required astro.com additional pdf provides declination of the ascendant

I've also heard that having this aspect means that you are going to have fame and fortune in life.
Beside all of these, do you know anything else about this conjunction?
Or what Sirius represents?
Thank you.

"....On the Ascendant and with Mars combined, Sirius can be quite dangerous,
pushing ahead with too much ambition is then seen, resulting in dangers
however
IF well connected
it promises fame, honors and riches....."

Slytherin88

@JUPITERASC : The time of birth is 100% since that's how it was written in one of the books in hospital I was born. It is opposite my Uranus and Neptune, square my Venus, trine my Mars,opposite Part of Fortune etc.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

@JUPITERASC :

The time of birth is 100%

since that's how it was written in one of the books in hospital I was born.

It is opposite my Uranus and Neptune, square my Venus, trine my Mars,opposite Part of Fortune etc.
The fact is that hospital personnel round the birth time up or down to the nearest five minutes, ten minutes, fifteen minutes
half an hour, hour and so on
and furthermore other times they get it totally wrong
often that's simple human error
and not unexpected
given that
at the time of birth
hospital personnel do not have writing implements poised
while intently watching the clock :smile:

medical personnel are instead intently focused on assisting the mother giving birth
as well as on tending to the health and safety of the newborn
as a consequence
it is sometime AFTER the actual birth has occurred
and the newborn has been generally checked over, washed, weighed
that THEN AN official time of birth is then recorded

other factors to be accounted for include clocks being fast or slow
therefore
few if any official times of birth are reliable
HOWEVER
since many do not have a recorded official time of birth
but are reliant on the memories of various family members
then
an official time of birth is 'better than nothing'

piercethevale

I have a Cancer Ascendant at 13 degrees and according to the astro.com ,I have a Sirius conjunction Ascendant. I've heard that if you have a planet or star conjunct your Ascendant ,then you have the traits of that planet or star. I've also heard that having this aspect means that you are going to have fame and fortune in life. Beside all of these, do you know anything else about this conjunction? Or what Sirius represents? Thank you.

Is that 13* Cancer and some minutes or do you mean 12* Cancer and some minutes...if the later is the case then you have an Ascendant in the 13th degree.
You should have read the "Sticky" on the enumeration of the degrees at the top of this sub forum.

I have a hunch that the former is the case as to your chart. If so, you have an Ascendant in the 14th degree of Cancer and According to Dane Rudhyar's wonderful book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala", the "WHO" of your natal horoscope is defined as...

"CANCER 14°: A VERY OLD MAN FACING A VAST DARK SPACE TO THE NORTHEAST.
KEYNOTE: Fulfillment in transcending and changeless wisdom.

This symbol describes the Wise Old Man, an archetypal figure found in all systems of symbolism. In occult terminology the northeast is the direction from which spiritual-cosmic forces enter the Earth-sphere. This is probably because the polar axis of the Earth is inclined by some 23 degrees away from the exact perpendicular to the plane of its orbit. Thus the actual pole of our globe not only differs from the permanent pole of the Earth's orbit, but constantly changes its direction, successively pointing to several large 'circumpolar' stars during the so-called processional cycle (or 'tropical year', or Great Polar Cycle), which lasts somewhat less than 26,000 years. Because of this inclination of the polar axis, we have the phenomenon of seasonal change. Supposedly during the early Golden Age no such change occurred; a 'perpetual spring' reigned. This is the (traditionally) spiritual state. The Wise Old Man faces the Changeless Reality, the true North
—- which for us is located in a northeast direction. He faces the great Void, that apparent Darkness which is an intense Light invisible to our senses.

As this is a fourth stage symbol in the five-fold sequence, there is as usual a hint of technique. Implied is that by consistently and for a long time meditating on the changeless and spiritual reality at the very core of all experiences one can attain the supreme and age-old wisdom. We see in the symbol a way beyond appearances and toward
PERMANENCE IN TRUTH."

That being so, then your Descendant, the "WHERE-TO" or as I sometimes prefer to say instead, the "WHOM-TO", is by the same master astrologer and authors' interpretation of the Sabian Symbols, represented by the 14th degree of Capricorn...which is a Degree symbol very recurrent in my immediate family, and one rather special to the chart I wrote a book about and contend to be the true birth chart of the man born a little over 2000 years ago whom was known as Yeshu'a ben David aka Jesus of Nazareth, as the 14th of Capricorn happens to be the Part of Destiny derived from that chart. It also happens to be the degree Pluto conjuncted in April 2014 and then went retrograde from making a "Final Return" in January of 2016.
(for more on how the four points of the natal chart axis lay out a basic blueprint of your own self and general dharma see my thread "The Birth Chart of Jesus" in this Degree Symbolism forum and read the corresponding chapter in Dane Rudhyar's aforementioned book that is titled, "The Cross and the Star". ptv) [ibid.]

"CAPRICORN 14: AN ANCIENT BAS-RELIEF CARVED IN GRANITE REMAINS A WITNESS TO A LONG-FORGOTTEN CULTURE.
KEYNOTE: The will to unearth, in our culture as well as in any culture, what has permanent value, and to let go of nonessentials.

At a time when in nearly every land men are questioning and challenging the validity of traditional beliefs and customary attitudes, it becomes necessary to separate permanent values and great principles or symbols from the many individual habits and the socio-political developments which more often than not have perverted or even negated the original ideals of the culture. We must strive to free these ideals from the wild growth of personal and class selfishness, from the greed and ambition so prevalent in human nature, and learn to appreciate the excellence of what is the immortal seed-foundation, as well as the spiritual harvest, of any culture — and by extension of every sustained and complete work produced by a man's indomitable effort to achieve creative perfection.

In this fourth stage symbol we are shown the procedure which enables us to gain a deep and thorough appreciation of socio-cultural processes in their most enduring forms. What is needed is a penetrating and courageous insight founded upon a valid
HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE. This applies to the past of an individual's life as well as to the history of a nation or a group."

P.s. JUPITER ASC's assessment of hospital procedures regarding the recording of birth time may be the way things are done is some remote part of the world I'm not familiar with but take a word of advice from someone that has been utilizing Sabian Symbology in chart axis interpretation and Arabic Part analyzation for well over thirty years ...and which requires a very high degree of accuracy... you can rest assured that if your time was recorded by hospital staff, and it is a reputable hospital, it's rather accurate... Still, I would like to see the actual birth chart as a time close to a cusp of a degree does give influence from the next degree... the Zodiac, the Universe, is "analog" not digital.... except for the time keeping devices in modern hospitals, they're digital, and they're set to the "Atomic clock"... for a good many years now too.:smile:

Last edited:

Slytherin88

Thank you for your reply. This is my chart. parta.jpg
Even though , the hospital I was born is a respectable one, there is always a chance for a mistake, since it was a very difficult birth.

piercethevale

Thank you for your reply. This is my chart. View attachment 59839
Even though , the hospital I was born is a respectable one, there is always a chance for a mistake, since it was a very difficult birth.

VERY interesting chart.
My experience has shown me that the birth time is usually rounded up to the next whole minute. While I'm not familiar with the nation of Kosovo, nor that of one time Yugoslavia, I would have to imagine that hospitals were pretty much the same on procedure as they were else where in Europe at the time.

So, then what we're looking at is possibly as much as eight points of a double pentagram matrix consisting of the Sun, Moon, Saturn, the Asc. and Desc. the M.C. and the I.C. ... most auspicious!
It is somewhat loose but when you have as many objects, and, or, chart axis points as you do, involved ...loose is allowable.

What this means is that the missing points are in the vicinity of 3*-5* Gemini and 15*-17* Leo. Transits and progressions that fill those points are times of great opportunity for you to "Strut Your Stuff" . The great Dane Rudhyar made such loose allowances for matrices, both complete and incomplete, in his practices of technique.

You have a Moon-Saturn tredecile 108* (allowable orb of up to 2*, 3* for Sun or Moon involvement) and a Sun-Saturn quintile

As you say that yours was a "difficult birth", it's possible that your actual chart axis is off by a couple of degrees in either direction.
As I don't know what hospital personnel consider as being the birth moment in such situations I'll have to concede somewhat to JUPITERASC. on this one this time and admit that this is a tricky chart to try to "nail down"

You definitely have a powerful point at around 17* Leo 06' that when filled will activate potentials that are latent within yourself. What happens when that point and the one I mentioned in Gemini is worthy of your attention it could be that you become a virtual powerhouse of original thought, inspiration and genius for taking what is established and creating something new and wonderful out of it. Considering what Dane wrote about that Desc. of yours, (quote) "The will to unearth, in our culture as well as in any culture, what has permanent value, and to let go of nonessentials." and also "What is needed is a penetrating and courageous insight founded upon a valid HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE. This applies to the past of an individual's life as well as to the history of a nation or a group." You just may be exactly what Kosovo so sorely needs in the times ahead.

But the real "capper" is that Uranus-Neptune conjunction of yours. That is the aspect that was active at the end of the 1980s and the beginning of the 1990's that produced the children that were being identified as "Indigo Children". The authors of may favorite astrologers' handbook to consult matters concerning metaphysical and paranormal attributes bestowed by natal astrology, Sakoian and Acker, state thus about the conjunction. (from their book "The Astrologers Handbook")
"This conjunction which takes place about every 171 years, corresponds to a period of major spiritual and scientific progress for humanity. Its occurrence is marked by the incarnation of a whole group of highly developed souls who introduce new philosophies and political and social systems and thus further mans' evolution.
The generation which has this conjunction as part of its horoscope is attuned to the subtle forces of nature and the unfolding of intuitive potentials. Natives are influenced by the superphysical forces related to the sign and more particularly the House in which the conjunction is found."

They went on to write that the natives have very keen imaginative powers along with originality and a discerning insight. They also mentioned that the highest and most refined expression of the conjunction will be manifested by the individuals as a synthesis of Divine Wisdom and Divine Love.

Well then, given those very keen imaginative powers along with originality and discerning insight from the conjunction in addition to those bestowed by the matrix and the fact that the Unranus-Neptune conj. is in very close conjunction to the Desc. (and keep in mind it's Sabian Symbol) and brings much of its influence to bear on the "WHERE-TO" of your chart...your very being....

I'd say that you have got some kind of destiny possibly awaiting you.

You should calculate and determine the essential Astrological Parts of your chart and read up on the corresponding Sabian Symbols. The Part of Fortune, the Part of Destiny, Part of Sudden Advancement aka the Part of Nemesis, the Hermetic Lots, the Part of Catastrophe...to name a number of them.

Astrological Parts are symbolically active.

Last edited:

piercethevale

I forgot to mention the symbols for your M.C. and I.C. the "HOW" and the "WAY" of your chart axis blueprint... perhaps another day, eh?

piercethevale

The M.C. is the "HOW" of ones natal chart (for an interpretation addressing the 'spiritual nature" of your present incarnation. In a mundane sens it is the "WHY" and the I.C. is then the "HOW".)

It answers "HOW" the transition from the Asc., the "WHO" is to progress to the "WHERE-TO", the Desc.

btw... these are a pair of what are about the most auspicious Sabian Symbols in the Zodiac... to have these as the pair for ones meridian is an indication that you are someone most special... you may not realize it yet or have any reason to ever consider believing it at this time...but you will at some point in your life be made to realize you were born for some very important mission to humanity. (...imho, of course... ptv)

[ibid.]

"PISCES 22°: A PROPHET CARRYING TABLETS OF THE NEW LAW IS WALKING DOWN THE SLOPES OF MOUNT SINAI.

KEYNOTE:
The need to bring down to the level of everyday existence the clear realizations made manifest in a great 'peak experience'.

The symbol obviously refers to Moses after he received from the God of his people the basic principles upon which a new religion, and even more a new ritual of living, should be founded. This basic 'Law' has to be 'brought down'. It represents a descent of formative and structuring power, a divine Revelation. This type of revealed knowledge contrasts with the kind of knowing born out of the experience of touch, of feeling, of warmth of contact.

This second stage symbol pictures a process to which a religious God-given character has been attributed in the past, but which today is being investigated at the personal and psychological level. The important point here is: what do you do after you have a peak experience, an inner revelation? The Keyword
MANDATE is appropriate; but the basic problem is how to fulfill it in the right spirit."

The I.C. symbolically answers as to "WHY" in the spiritual interpretation... and it's the 'HOW" as it applies to the mundane.

"VIRGO 22°: A ROYAL COAT OF ARMS ENRICHED WITH PRECIOUS STONES.
KEYNOTE:
The certification of aristocratic status, at whatever level "nobility" expresses itself in cultural eminence.

Once more a reference to ancestral achievements occurs among these symbols for the sign Virgo. It is seen here in its most exalted character, for 'royalty' is spoken of. Traditionally the king is the spiritual symbol of unity of an integrated nation; as a coat of arms is visualized, we are dealing with a status that is not merely personally acquired but has its roots in a notable past. Every great Adept has come out of a line of human beings who have made their marks upon human evolution. Spiritual attainment is the result of a series of long, repeated efforts; it is the end of a 'royal road', (raja yoga) in the broadest sense of the term, raja, meaning king.

This second stage symbol contrasts with that of the first in that it refers to heredity rather than to the training of youthful raw material. Gautama the Buddha was known occultly as 'He who comes after his predecessors'. The coat of arms represents the collective status, the Spiritual Office. Whoever wears it assumes the responsibility of an Office. As the French say, 'Noblesse oblige'.
NOBILITY confers upon a man exacting responsibility. The question implied in the symbol is, Are you willing, able and ready to assume a 'royal' office, at whatever level it may be?

Possibly you were someone of Royal Office in a previous incarnation... someone returned to rectify certain matters concerning your country at this time?

I'll check out some of the key Astrological Parts you have later when I have more time.

Last edited:
Must send you a cheers for this reply to possibly,our next vigilante spiritual ascended soul to assist humanity. Clearly the most informative & enlightening data on Sirius aspects to ones natal chart, I too have Sirius as a major player in my chart (house 3 Cancer) creates sextile aspect to my 6th house Virgo Saturn, conjuncts my10th house Capricorn Mars & Moon all at 13 degrees, . Also squares my ascendant at 13 Aries and conjuncts my MC. Moon & Mars square up in my 7th house Pluto. Left with a stellium on cusp of Sag 9th/10th, an 8th house unaspected Uranus creating a "finger of fate" yod to my 1st house part of fortune & my 6th house Virgo North Node. The 12th house Picerian South Node adds to the smoke and mirrors.
Through my obviously 🙄 huge powers of deduction 🤣and exhausting research, I reckon someone up there is telling me something, ha ha.
If I may, ask your thoughts on some of these aspects,from sabian symbol perspective but more so your respected opinion. I got so excited reading your insight as my free will gets sidetracked somewhere in between Uranus & Neptune, this inherent attention, or dare I say lack of attention to details on a physical plane & that kick in the pants obtained when that volatile Mars/Pluto square exhausts me into the emotionally repressive wave of my Moon/Pluto tension and the inevitable desconstruction process begins its reminder to say bye bye 👋 to yet another limiting belief I really wanted to keep forev's.
Thanking you kindly in advance in the hope of your consideration of my plea to assist this stubborn goat. Cheers.

JUPITERASC

Must send you a cheers for this reply to possibly,our next vigilante spiritual ascended soul to assist humanity. Clearly the most informative & enlightening data on Sirius aspects to ones natal chart, I too have Sirius as a major player in my chart (house 3 Cancer) creates sextile aspect to my 6th house Virgo Saturn, conjuncts my10th house Capricorn Mars & Moon all at 13 degrees, . Also squares my ascendant at 13 Aries and conjuncts my MC. Moon & Mars square up in my 7th house Pluto. Left with a stellium on cusp of Sag 9th/10th, an 8th house unaspected Uranus creating a "finger of fate" yod to my 1st house part of fortune & my 6th house Virgo North Node. The 12th house Picerian South Node adds to the smoke and mirrors.
Through my obviously 🙄 huge powers of deduction 🤣and exhausting research, I reckon someone up there is telling me something, ha ha.
If I may, ask your thoughts on some of these aspects,from sabian symbol perspective but more so your respected opinion. I got so excited reading your insight as my free will gets sidetracked somewhere in between Uranus & Neptune, this inherent attention, or dare I say lack of attention to details on a physical plane & that kick in the pants obtained when that volatile Mars/Pluto square exhausts me into the emotionally repressive wave of my Moon/Pluto tension and the inevitable desconstruction process begins its reminder to say bye bye 👋 to yet another limiting belief I really wanted to keep forev's.
Thanking you kindly in advance in the hope of your consideration of my plea to assist this stubborn goat. Cheers.
THE FIXED STARS IN NATAL ASTROLOOGY http://constellationsofwords.com/categories/natalrobson.htm

Fixed star: SIRIUS Canicula :smile:
Constellation: Alpha (α) Canis Major
Longitude 1900: 12CAN42
Longitude 2000: 14CAN05
Declination 1900: -16.35'
Declination 2000: -16.42'
Right ascension: 06h 45m
Latitude: -39.36'
Spectral class: A1
Magnitude: -1.46

f30de0870bc7d17dab4f758b12fa6154.jpg

BlackSquirella

Hello! I also have ascendant at 13 cancer ! I thought I’d share as it might be of interest to you that the ancient Norse called the Sirius Dog Star ‘burning Loki’ … so I’m thinking we can work / channel the spirit of Loki … ! Blessings to you Astro twin.

JUPITERASC

Hello! I also have ascendant at 13 cancer !
I thought I’d share as it might be of interest to you that the ancient Norse called the Sirius Dog Star ‘burning Loki’
… so I’m thinking we can work / channel the spirit of Loki … ! Blessings to you Astro twin.
Traditional astrologers use PARANS
PARANS IS LOCATION SPECIFIC :smile:

Some stars will have no effect at certain latitudes
because the star cannot be seen at that latitude.

There is also "..curtailed passage.."
in which stars transcribe a circle around the globe yet never touch the horizon.

They make their own circle but never rise and never set.
Bernadette Brady explains

that stars with a curtailed passage of motion
are more extreme in their meaning
than those stars that do touch the horizon line.
Orbs are kept tight, less than 00° 30′.

There is an animated map on
The Way the Sky Appears to Move: Diurnal Motion and Parans.

longitudinal conjunction is accepted by modernist astrologers
BUT

fixed star "..conjunction.." is in fact not entirely longitudinal
because
majority of fixed stars are BEYOND the ECLIPTIC aka the apparent path of the Sun
and
to have any notable influence natally

fixed stars require "..conjunction.." by LATITUDE and/or DECLINATION
as well as longitude

declination2.gif

Figure34.gif

BlackSquirella

Hello, how interesting… if I’m understanding you correctly you’re saying I would need to check if Sirius was visible from U.K. at my time of birth. I’m unfamiliar with declinations and the pdf section of Astro.com… i‘ll pop my chart here anyway if it’s able to clarify anything
A0467A7B-F5FE-4C28-97E7-ECCB3E9BA4E7.jpeg

JUPITERASC

Hello, how interesting… if I’m understanding you correctly
you’re saying I would need to check if Sirius was visible from U.K. at my time of birth.

I’m unfamiliar with declinations and the pdf section of Astro.com…
i‘ll pop my chart here anyway if it’s able to clarify anything

a nativity is a three dimensional sphere:)

1673812918549.png

1673812951684.png

The following information on parans is from Robert Hand's Essays On Astrology page 65 to 66
"..my personal encounter with parantellonta, or parans as they are called.
These are simultaneous bodily transits of two or more bodies over the horizon
or meridian circles of a given place at the same time.
However, it must be pointed out that a paran-related pair of planets
does not have to be actually on the angles at a given time to be in paran.
They merely have to be potentially capable of transiting the angles at that latitude

at some time during the day.." :smile:

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Slytherin88,
I enjoyed your code to Harry Potter,
I'm not here to question your beliefs, but controversy rages in what method to use with fixed stars, the method you are using for Sirius conjunct AC is projected measure and isn't accurate to location using astronomy or parans, the two methods are explained below:-
Parans are the oldest method and are visual:-
By using visual means at your location on date, Sirius doesn't rise untill 12:44pm with AS, graph on next thread section.