Can Gandanta work in Tropical Readings?

watcherofthesouth

Hi everyone,
I know the basics of Gandanta when working w/the Vedic system but I couldn't help but apply it to a reading I was doing using the Placidus method.

At 28 degrees Cancer, the subject's Career House cusp was being aspected by a transiting Rahu at 0 degrees Leo aspecting natal Sun (Basically Rahu hitting the Sun and the Cusp). Knowing that transits are more intense in Gandanta, I wondered if I was reading this correctly since it may be the "wrong" system to apply this. Thanks in advance for your help.

leomoon

Hi everyone,
I know the basics of Gandanta when working w/the Vedic system but I couldn't help but apply it to a reading I was doing using the Placidus method.

At 28 degrees Cancer, the subject's Career House cusp was being aspected by a transiting Rahu at 0 degrees Leo aspecting natal Sun (Basically Rahu hitting the Sun and the Cusp). Knowing that transits are more intense in Gandanta, I wondered if I was reading this correctly since it may be the "wrong" system to apply this. Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm not all that proficient in Vedic, but Gandanta is strictly a Vedic term used primarily in Equal houses Sidereal Astrology I think....

If not, perhaps someone will tell us both.

Meanwhile, I was fascinated by it enough to write a Kindle primer on this subject:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCH1VG8

My youngest daughter was born with the karmic "knot" in her Ascendant.
She stopped breathing (a near miss) crib death at about 4 weeks in her crib, and eventually died young at age 31. So we did have some years with this lovely young soul.

I don't believe that the Gandanta on the ASC is a death knoll for everyone, far from it.

I'd like to hear more about it too from someone who has longer experience using it in their work.

I know a little boy born last March a year ago, and he too has the Gand-Anta Ascendant. He has Pisces Rising. My daughter had 29th Pisces rising- (water signs are susceptible) in these late degrees.

I found this definition online:

"Gand means [FONT=&quot]Gand means a knot. Anta means the end. Gandanta means the knot at the end. A well-tied knot is that it is very difficult to unravel. The more you try to untie the knot, the tighter it becomes."
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The way I would read your friend's chart would be to say the ending degrees of all signs in Tropical Astrology are somewhat critical, so they flash red lights to exercise caution. But not the same concept at all as Gand-Anta (I don't think)
[/FONT]

Last edited: