Pluto-Moon Synastry: Mother Projection

tokyo.lights

Is it me, or do they mistake you for their mother? :annoyed: I can’t help but feel they project their own mother issues onto me.

2 women I know have their Pluto tightly conjunct my Moon. #1 is nice but suffocatingly controlling and #2 is just terrible. I’ve read our relationship will be directly related to their relationship with their own mother. eeriely accurate…..
Like…I was once accused of having a fault #1’s mother has…it was SO out of left field! Like WHERE did that come from? Another told me she wished I'd never have children…..which, okay, is mean yes, except I was 13, she was 30. Who says that to a child? I checked our synastry recently and found a super tight conjunction from her Pluto to my Moon. She haaaates her mother.
It’s all very psychology 101.
What’s funny is with these women I’m roughly 20 years their junior...I ain't your mom :biggrin:

LeoCassandra

Pluto is obssesion so i don't know if its motherly feeling. I never was the Moon but i was the Pluto in relationship and it's was more "catch and love you to death" than "i care for you".

tokyo.lights

I'll be honest, neither seemed interested in loving me! But...most likely as it wasn't a romantic two way thing. Though I still stand by Sun&Moon in synastry involve a kind of parent projection. For better or for worse.

Here's synastry for #2, 75% reduced orb. No birth time for her, so ignore Moon & houses. I'm in the center (blue).

Last edited:

Virgo8

Moon = Mother+ and Pluto on the Moon is a domination war (always, right?).

I don't think that Mommy projection is universal when Pluto contacts the Moon, but I would vote that an imbalanced Pluto feels more threatened by the Moon than the reverse, because... the Moon will illuminate and Pluto operates only in the dark.

With Pisces Sun and Virgo Moon, you probably have a very practical but sensitive caretaking aura, plus that receptivity which is so easy to project onto. You are more likely than others to attract mommy issue charts. And this person... Scorpio and all pride with Moon in Leo, blown out of proportion by Jupiter, and Ruler Mars not quite strong in Virgo and Venus very difficult, a wreck, in Scorpio. So much ego with small, humble inside. She envies your Mars conj Venus in Aries and the ease with which you express yourself. I wonder if her resentment comes out on your Moon because her Mars is within striking range, not just because of Pluto?

I just broke up with a guy who had Pluto wide conjunct our within a degree Moon conjunct Moon. Yes, I was mommy, and he was the type that is looking for mommy and nothing else. (I'm not completely blind. He was the boy toy bf). And, oh, ye gods, the control and power issues.

My Moon is in late Virgo and I am of the Pluto in Virgo generation. I've probably known a hundred people who had their Pluto conjunct my Moon. It's only the ones that have a certain type of insecurity (certain natal factors) that react to me in that emotionally threatened projected way. Not even 10%. I have Neptune in the first too, so I get projected on a lot.

You realize there's a huge, huge generation of people out there whose Pluto is near your Moon? Pluto was in Virgo for a loooong time.