Madonna's Ascendant Isn't Virgo

Crystal Starseed

Namaste all.

I've just been reading in the celeb astrology section and was looking at Madonna's chart. Strange - It has a Virgo Ascendant.
I watched an interview with the star on British T.V. a good few years ago now, and she stated quite clearly that she had Aquarius rising, and she related this to her approach and style. I wonder how this discrepancy in the birth time arose? There is no reason why Madonna would lie about this, and she gave the impression she knew what she was talking about.

serafin5

Thank you Crystal I've been saying this for years! And I know which interview you are referring to also. Another thing I found interesting is if you go to the site astrotheme they have a grip of celebrity charts anyone can look at and if you take Madonna's supposed birth time of approx. 7am and reverse it to 7pm (along with her place of birth of course) I came up with Aquarius Asc! This was some time ago but check it out for yourself.
Even if I'm wrong about this little experiment, like you said, why would she lie about her rising sign when she clearly was very articulate and showed extreme interest in astrology; beyond the novice that is.

Finally, someone else out there like me! God Bless.
Serafin5:joyful:

Wow,
I always thought she looked a bit like Virgo rising, but she doesn't project the kind of innocence (ahem, not in the least!) or modesty of the ascendant. Nor does she have the long features in face or body of a mutable rising. That's interesting, so does that put her sun and other Leo planets in the 7th? I wouldn't be surprised if she has some 8th house stuff going on, will have to check it out!

Erickaf

which interview is this? any link? i am not surprised she has aquarius rising. its my favorite rising sign and sign. my best friends have this rising sign i love their uniqueness.

Crystal Starseed

which interview is this? any link? i am not surprised she has aquarius rising. its my favorite rising sign and sign. my best friends have this rising sign i love their uniqueness.

Hi Erickaf,

I'm having trouble remembering which interview it was now. She was just talking about her new image and release (wish I could remember which one that was, too!). That aquarius rising reference stood out for me in the interview, though, as it would for anyone who is interested in astrology, and you don't forget things like that. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Does make you wonder how many other celeb charts may be inaccurate, also ....

Crystal Starseed

Wow,
I always thought she looked a bit like Virgo rising, but she doesn't project the kind of innocence (ahem, not in the least!) or modesty of the ascendant. Nor does she have the long features in face or body of a mutable rising. That's interesting, so does that put her sun and other Leo planets in the 7th? I wouldn't be surprised if she has some 8th house stuff going on, will have to check it out!

http://alabe.com/cgi-bin/chart/astr...ty&COUNTRY=USA&STATE=MI&INPUT9=&Submit=Submit

Here's a link to her chart with 7 PM instead of A.M. Sorry, I haven't figured out the thumb-nails bit yet!

She has a jupiter (midheaven ruler) in libra conjunct neptune in scorpio in the 8th (placidus). But most notable is her chart ruler, uranus in Leo square mars in taurus. She also has her co-ruler, saturn in 10th in Sag, which emphasises the fire element and the need for freedom of expression. Saturn in 10th suggests very clearly defined goals, especially as this is trined her sun and uranus. Jupiter in 8th in Libra is suggestive of an artistic profession especially because of it's conjunction with neptune in Scorpio. Neptune also has links to music, theatre and film, so this would be a fitting career for her, as well as one which would explore cultural taboos (neptune in scorpio).

Other people I know of with this Leo sun aquarius rising combination are Carl Gustav Jung and President Obama. Can anyone see any basic similarities with them? I was going to mention the acting, but that might be taken the wrong way...:whistling:

savanna

Some other posters and I were discussing this in another thread. (a Beyonce thread lol)

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24601&page=2

I totally agree that Madonna has Aquarius ascendant. It fits her. There is no way she is a 12th house Sun, she is like the exact opposite of that.

Here is the ANOTHER interview where she talks about her chart:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9mtjv_interview-johnny-meets-madonna-2-3_music

At 8 minutes into the interview she says "My sun sign is Leo, and my rising sign is Aquarius, and my moon is in Virgo"

She goes on to describe the characteristics of her Virgo moon. She seems serious in the interview and sounds like she has an idea of what she is talking about.

Any of Madonna's Virgo characteristics would come from her having Moon, Mercury and Pluto there. When it comes to Astrology she seems to know her stuff. She asks the interviewer his sign and describes the general Cancer personality to him. Why would lie about her ascendant when she brings up her Sun sign and moon sign and their characteristics?

I would trust Madonna herself describing her birth chart, over someone who claims that her father told them her birth time in the 80's.

savanna

Here's a rectified chart I did. It's late Aqua rising which gives her Sun opp. AS (Barack Obama also has this aspect) and some other interesting aspects. She also has her Sun in the 6th house making her a hard worker.
showgif.cgi

Attachments

• madonnachart.jpg
    madonnachart.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 98
Venus in 6 makes sense...her relationships always seem to be big time power struggle/unbalanced scenarios, plus she seems to genuinely love her staff and vice versa....a lot of creative people working for her....

Venus in 6 makes sense...her relationships always seem to be big time power struggle/unbalanced scenarios, plus she seems to genuinely love her staff and vice versa....a lot of creative people working for her....

...that would also indicate a love of costume and fine clothes...in Leo, yes sexy, bold, at times OTT

Opps, did NOT mean to quote myself :)

Last edited:

Crystal Starseed

erick and crystal, here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCdYUcdmRg0

around 4.30 into the interview she says her rising is aquarius

Fabulous Emma -thank you for finding it! That's proof if ever I saw it - someone needs to change the official Madonna chart! In the film she also describes the sign very well and how the sun moon and rising sign describe different parts of her personality - and didn't she flirt with the interviewer, ha! And I think she looks like an Aquarius rising, too, quite angular and striking.
Namaste. :kissing:

Aquarius asc also makes sense in the context of the amount of times people have been "shocked and offended" by her, as well as her love of reinventing herself....interesting, indeed!

savanna

Aquarius asc also makes sense in the context of the amount of times people have been "shocked and offended" by her, as well as her love of reinventing herself....interesting, indeed!

Christina Aguilera is also an Aquarius ascendant and she loves to shock people and to reinvent herself. It totally makes sense!

tikana

well ... Madonna thrives on attention from the crowds
so sun in 7th makes sense.

Christina ehh she looks for herself more in pubic

Venusian Grin

The whole time I thought she was a virgo rising. I think a lot a astrologers think shes a virgo rising because of how she sings about virgins, acts like a single woman or mary magdalene in her videos clips as well as her over dieting.

The thing thats virgo about her is her long bushy eyebrows from the 80's and her really feminine poses.

savanna

The annoying thing is that many people think Virgo ascendant is confirmed and definite because the Astro Databank lists her ascendant as Virgo although it has a DD rating. I don't know if they would change the rating to C and give it an approx. birth time (maybe like 7:25pm) and have it say Aquarius ascendant. They have done that before.

For instance, astro databank has Dannii Minogue's ascendant as Scorpio and the source is a quote of Dannii saying her ascendant is Scorpio. The time is an estimate and has a C rating. Madonna's situation is similar. We have TWO videos of Madonna saying she's had her chart done and that she has "Leo sun, Aquarius ascendant and Virgo moon".

For some reason in Madonna's case Astrodb is taking the 7:05am birth time over Madonna's own words. Someone should contact them with links to both videos and possibly attach transcripts of the interviews to be used as a source. I think the Aqua rising information and Madonna's astrology knowledge are better Source notes than the current ones on Astrodb. The notes they currently have seem out of date and opinion rather than actual facts.

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Madonna

This page should definitely be updated.